PDA

View Full Version : Little Griggs

LiamKerrington
Sep 22nd, 2012, 04:07 PM
Hi.

Somehowish this could be part of "Boulder is going down"; but I'd like to focus a lot more on Griggs then on Boulder is going down. Tar Heel Fan's posting on the #33-3 discussion was kind of an catalyst for this ...

The following is based on two assumptions:
1. Griggs has turned into a Little One (2nd or 3rd generation, which does not matter after all); from now on I will call him Little Griggs.
2. As Little Griggs he retains at least some part of his knowledge making him more dangerous.

Prediction: And because of that he knows where to strike hard and sudden enough in order to first cut off Boulder and then start his personal feast.

If you like to learn why or how I come to this theory, go on in the P.S.:

All the best!
Liam

P.S.: Little Griggs - why or how ...

What we know about Little Ones in general is that they seem to evolve to some degree. Whether this is based on a rapidly mutating zombie-agent, zombie-bio-engineering, or even both, we don't know; but there seems to be a lot of solid ground to assume that the engineering about it might be the so more valid theory considering the Devil's Workshop; but regardless of that and on account of Glenn we know about ongoing changes within the zombie-type of Little Ones. Little Ones started as funny walking little strange monsters and turned out to become more and more "humanlike", as it seems to me - especially since the basic autopsy performed by Tanya.
Based on what Robbins saw from his angle in the Blackhawk when the first two 'survivors' at the Chinook crashside appeared I would say, on first sight the two figures were mistaken for human soldiers, but they actually were Little Ones, because Little One #2 infected them; with the M134 it was no problem to blast them away; but at that point neither Robbins nor Carl knew what they were shooting.

Now - what has this to do with Griggs?

Griggs was in restrain in the Chinook, when #2 appeared and took care of the Chinook crew. Since Griggs was easy bait #2 had to do little to infect him. And so Griggs did exactly that: After infection he turned into Little Griggs. While as a human he wouldn't have had any realistic chance of breaking the restraints, the infection gave him the strength to do so.
Since he was still in the one-size-fits-no-one-uniform he turned into Little Griggs, but still resembles the average soldier at first glance, maybe even on a more thorough glance - blank skin and normal eyes dont really look so uncommon in winter, do they? And probably - this is a third assumption - the ongoing changes and mutations based on the Little-One infection won't go as far as Griggs would rip off his uniform. In contrary to #2 he started all out as a grown-up already, while #2 probably started like the two Little Ones at the military base in L.A. - so as little zombies growing over the time.

Also Little Griggs - still owning some of his knowledge, now zombie-enhanced cunning added to this - might think of keeping the uniform for as long as possible in order to confuse his former comrades, because they won't see a zombie on first glance, but a soldier.

Griggs somehow gets to Boulder. Looking at the place, he will recognize some features of it and will also remember some important facts - like where the communication relais and/ or the important power facilities are; he may also realize that striking at vital parts of the infrastructure first he may be able to prevent backing from Fort Irwin or wherever showing up soon. So this is what he does:

With the cunning of his new predator life Little Griggs will enter Boulder and 'meld' into the 'society', avoiding recognition by people by keeping some safe distance and using the environment to his advantage; he will get to the place where he can deal the right damage at the right time to cut of Boulder from the communication network - this would be actually the main antenna-station, and there very probably the major power lines. Some maintenance-men will show up, because they think: 'Bad weather, bad technology, let's work on it.' While they attempt to repair the stuff, he attacks them, wounds them, infects them. And he will have an easy game there because no one would expect a zombie-attack from within Boulder.

And with that the feast starts ...

So, one major problem in this theory is: How would Little Griggs be able to enter Boulder? Since we don't know how Boulder is fortificated, it could be the case that Boulder is surrounded by some kind of at least improvised walls or whatnot; but I think the fortification won't be half as good as with The Colony, because of the size of Boulder - 150.000 people need a lot of space, and building a wall around such a huge place in such a short time sounds not reasonable to me, which is why I think that barbed wires, plenty of street blockades and some rudimentary improvised walls at certain locations will have to do the job, while troops guard the premisses by patrolling the area; in this case a cunning, from the distance as soldier mistaken Little Griggs could probably enter Boulder without too much trouble - especially if he is able to use light/darkness and wheather-conditions to his advantage.

Another point would be this: Why would Griggs need 11 days to reach Boulder, when he was just 30mi away. First: He would have to find Boulder; second: maybe he would to some reconnaissance; third: maybe even he would create some "missing in action" cases in order to build up a small group of Little Ones, or (pretty unlikely considering the freezing temperatures) maybe he would even gather some Regulars for some kind of a distraction. And then again: Who really says that he needed 11 days to reach Boulder? What, if he reached and entered Boulder after a handful of days and then observed and explored the location from an hideout within the walls of Boulder?

And now for the huge benefit of this theory: This picture would/ could explain why Boulder is cut off so suddenly without having had the chance to get a distress call out ... All because Little Griggs is the fully advanced commando Ink was hoping to create with his Little Ones ...

Witch_Doctor
Sep 22nd, 2012, 10:13 PM
I'm still stuck on the fact that Michael said that he pieced together several accounts of Captain Long's mission's last hours in L.A. and helicopter.
As everyone else involved is known to be dead, Griggs is the only one let ho can five a first person account. Michael, of course, could have gotten some insight into the mission from what the Chinook crew told told Cpl Puck, such as finding only ruble at the Tower's location, the navy base being clear and the details of the attack on Capt. Long. Also, the others turned very quickly. They were even still recognized as being zombies soon after being bitten. Griggs has been missing for 11 days. He could have been turning all that time.

Then again, one of the Blackhawk soldiers says the there where two sets of tracks leaving the copter and some blood. Next there was very little blood, restraint ropes, and a set of print going towards the pine trees. The other set is no longer mentioned.

Robzombie
Sep 22nd, 2012, 11:09 PM
This is why i do not think that Griggs has turned and that Boulder is not actually in any danger at all. A big part of WA has been KC's authentic and true to the art form of radio drama which is the thrill and having us beleive that the worst possible outcomes will happen at the end of episodes...which make for really great cliffhangers.

Robzombie
Sep 22nd, 2012, 11:19 PM
And now for the huge benefit of this theory: This picture would/ could explain why Boulder is cut off so suddenly without having had the chance to get a distress call out ... All because Little Griggs is the fully advanced commando Ink was hoping to create with his Little Ones ...

Or it really could just be that the storm has messed up already unstable comm's infrastructure and this is just an exercise in how people react and presume the worst.

LiamKerrington
Sep 23rd, 2012, 01:09 AM
Gooooooooooood Morning there,

thank you to both of you. Absolutely valid points and hard to argue with that. I think I just fall for the idea to think around the concept of the ultra-UBER-zombie ... I even considered a kind of an 'intelligent' zombie-agent, giving the zombie (aka Little One) the ability to adapt to a situation. This would explain why The Chinook Crew and later Saul, Victor, Glenn and Pete had not so much trouble to take down #6/9 and #12; and only hours later #2 was so hardcore that the Blackhawk crew really went WTF??? This is supported by what Glenn said (Roman changed), and it would also explain why #2 waited for many hours before can-opening the Chinook, because first of all his zombie-agent had mutated him into something with a much harder and cold-resistant skin ...

Well ... Maybe I should eat something first and wake up, before I go on thinking about this topic!

All the best!
Liam

Witch_Doctor
Sep 24th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Gooooooooooood Morning there,

thank you to both of you. Absolutely valid points and hard to argue with that. I think I just fall for the idea to think around the concept of the ultra-UBER-zombie ... I even considered a kind of an 'intelligent' zombie-agent, giving the zombie (aka Little One) the ability to adapt to a situation. This would explain why The Chinook Crew and later Saul, Victor, Glenn and Pete had not so much trouble to take down #6/9 and #12; and only hours later #2 was so hardcore that the Blackhawk crew really went WTF??? This is supported by what Glenn said (Roman changed), and it would also explain why #2 waited for many hours before can-opening the Chinook, because first of all his zombie-agent had mutated him into something with a much harder and cold-resistant skin ...

Well ... Maybe I should eat something first and wake up, before I go on thinking about this topic!

All the best!
Liam

I thought the same about #2!! So far all of the other Inklings were just strong and rather bullet proof. The Little One that attacked the convoy arm was broken off only AFTER Briggs slammed its elbow joint in the door several times. But Number two was a total bad-ass. Took down a helicopter crew and three soldiers.

Now, perhaps she had a greater advantage than the others:
Broke through the helicopter, survived body shots from the crew, attacks one who turns, caused a crash, chaos of the crash disorients crew and others attacked.
When Blackhawk arrives she hides in trees and pounces on unsuspecting soldiers and darts in & out of trees for cover.

Still, she was harder to get than the others.