PDA

View Full Version : We're Not Dead #46

nikvoodoo
Sep 22nd, 2012, 03:52 AM
Yeah...its already in the books now. Look for the episode early next week! I was joined by Itsallgoodie and we had a great discussion about parts 2-3!

Osiris
Sep 22nd, 2012, 11:11 AM
I remember back when Britt used to be on the show.

UndeadSweeper
Sep 22nd, 2012, 04:44 PM
I remember back when Britt used to be on the show.

Oh yea, I remember when Greg used to be on the show....

nikvoodoo
Sep 22nd, 2012, 04:50 PM
Do You Remember The Time
When We Fell In Love
Do You Remember The Time
When We First Met
Do You Remember The Time
When We Fell In Love
Do You Remember The Time

LiamKerrington
Sep 23rd, 2012, 01:24 AM
Yeah, and do you remember the time when the sound of WND was ... well ... could have been better? ;)

But I wonder as well: What's with Brit? Busy with other things?

UndeadSweeper
Sep 23rd, 2012, 04:46 AM
Nikvoodoo, promise us you never go Hollywood on us? It seen once you get on WA you get all famous and forget about the lil people you got you there. :(

nikvoodoo
Sep 23rd, 2012, 05:30 AM
Nikvoodoo, promise us you never go Hollywood on us? It seen once you get on WA you get all famous and forget about the lil people you got you there. :(

Oh please....I've already forgotten you little people. ;)

Adventureless_Hero
Sep 24th, 2012, 07:16 AM
You butt-holes already recorded and didn't create a thread for the episode where we could submit our questions to you to be read on air? You jerky jerk face! It's not as if you had various e-mails and shit we could reach you at or anything. I mean, c'mon!

:3 I kid. When is Beeze going to be on the show again? Has that dude been keeping up with the show? :P

Hoff4D
Sep 25th, 2012, 07:08 AM
I thought We're Alive was getting a bit hard to follow with it's multiple settings and jumping from one to the other, slightly out of chronological order and everything, but it's got nothing on WND. WND is starting to look like a Survivor-esque reality show with people voted off, but swimming back We're Alive-swimming-zombie-style.:p

Has WND gone 3 episodes in a row with the same cast yet? lol

nikvoodoo
Sep 25th, 2012, 08:09 AM
I thought We're Alive was getting a bit hard to follow with it's multiple settings and jumping from one to the other, slightly out of chronological order and everything, but it's got nothing on WND. WND is starting to look like a Survivor-esque reality show with people voted off, but swimming back We're Alive-swimming-zombie-style.:p

Has WND gone 3 episodes in a row with the same cast yet? lol

uh......maybe once? I think there was a series where Britt and I were together without guests. Beyond that? Nope. Never. We fear patterns because the ninjas will find us.

LiamKerrington
Sep 26th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Hi.

You asked for it: Little Ones by numbers:
#2 at chinook crashside
#5 at The Mallers ambush => tattoo was fresh, and pinstripes observered the ambush and probably the behaviour of Johnny #5, er, Little One #5
#6/9 the one havin' taken down Roman
#12 at the chinook take-off in Longbeach L.A.

The first two Little Ones ever encountered were at the military base in L.A.; and skittles mentioned their small size and funny walking; these were the only ones having had some slime-issue ...

LiamKerrington
Sep 26th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Having listened to WND #46 now I would like to add two more things:

Elisa Eliot - I hope so much that you are going to be better soon! This thing with going to Japan to unintentionally extend the vacation trip into a hospital sucks hell ...
Greg Miller - mate, get better! NOW!

I am very sorry to learn that two so important and involved members of WA and WND are/ have been in a bad situation most recently ... I hope the both of you are doin' fine again - or at least will again soon!

All the best!
Liam

awkwardalex
Sep 26th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Just the correction you asked for on this week's WND.

I know that police are trained to shoot chest/waist=middle of the body because:
1. It's an easier shot
2. There are a lot of major organs (most) in that area to hit and take someone down.

nikvoodoo
Sep 26th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Just the correction you asked for on this week's WND.

I know that police are trained to shoot chest/waist=middle of the body because:
1. It's an easier shot
2. There are a lot of major organs (most) in that area to hit and take someone down.

yes I know that part. I was asking if the military holds a different standard. I know shooting center mass be easier. It's a bigger target and much harder to move out of the way. But when you think of it, the standard issue weapons vary so greatly. An M-16 is certainly a different beast than a pistol.

Kc
Sep 26th, 2012, 04:13 PM
For non-infantry we were always trained to shoot center mass-

nikvoodoo
Sep 26th, 2012, 04:58 PM
For non-infantry we were always trained to shoot center mass-
I figured that would be the case but I didn't want to assume. Snipers/sharp-shooters are obviously a different story.

Cabbage Patch
Sep 28th, 2012, 12:22 AM
yes I know that part. I was asking if the military holds a different standard. I know shooting center mass be easier. It's a bigger target and much harder to move out of the way. But when you think of it, the standard issue weapons vary so greatly. An M-16 is certainly a different beast than a pistol.

For machineguns the Army teaches you to aim for the base of your target and "walk your fire in", i.e. slowly raise your aimpoint. This is partly due to the fact that the barrel of a machinegun tends to rise as you fire it, and this approach gives you better control. Also high velocity rounds will ricochet upwards and kick up rocks and other shrapnel so that even short rounds can be deadly.

7oddisdead
Sep 29th, 2012, 12:47 AM
jeff goldblum is a wonderful supporting actor.

:hsugh:

clem131
Sep 29th, 2012, 04:47 AM
Hi Nick, haven't listened to the episode yet, and here's a little request: I know you guys do it in your spare time, having all sorts of crazy personal stuff going on, and I appreciate that, I really do, but I did not see the post for this episode out before the episode was recorded and I find it a bit hard to participate not knowing what/when/where the episode will come out.
Since a regular schedule is simply impossible to maintain, and since you have to set up a date and time to record with your fellow hosts, would it be possible for you to open the forum post for questions etc and also specify "our rendez-cous on Skype to record this is three days from now"? You know, to give us a time frame.
This could help you guys too, as I remember the second to last episode, if I recall correctly, when you recorded perfectly on time after the WA episode, and nobody expected that so you had almost no questions-interactions from the forum XD

Zombie-Bane
Oct 10th, 2012, 11:07 AM
I figured that would be the case but I didn't want to assume. Snipers/sharp-shooters are obviously a different story.

Sniper here. No center mass. It's also better to have someone alive and screaming. Not only is it good bait, it takes out many more people to carry the guy out and take care of him.

Zombie-Bane
Oct 10th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Sniper here. No center mass. It's also better to have someone alive and screaming. Not only is it good bait, it takes out many more people to carry the guy out and take care of him.

I meant, "No, we shoot center mass too." Then the rest follows for why.

nikvoodoo
Oct 10th, 2012, 11:23 AM
I meant, "No, we shoot center mass too." Then the rest follows for why.

Well pin a rose on your deadly accurate nose!

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it. I forgot to consider the baiting portion of the job. I had, until you mentioned it, sucessfully blocked that scene from Saving Private Ryan out of my head.

I'm gonna go cry in the corner now....

Zombie-Bane
Oct 10th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Well pin a rose on your deadly accurate nose!

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it. I forgot to consider the baiting portion of the job. I had, until you mentioned it, sucessfully blocked that scene from Saving Private Ryan out of my head.

I'm gonna go cry in the corner now....

I don't remember that part. I do remember a scene from Full Metal Jacket.

I feel like I should clarify a bit.

We are taught to shoot chest because you are less likely to miss and it causes more problems getting a person out. Baiting is a technique that could be used. Although, some times a target needs to go. Although, you can still bait with other things like a radio or machine gun. It's important to keep a machine gun going. At least when I was in the military. I don't know how a firefight works these days.

Head shots are usually a mistake, unless it's a shot group, then it's showing off.

I did get an idea from your podcast though. What if a sniper pulled the cross hairs down to get body shots to figure out windage. lol That would be awesome.

Last thing. Yes, people in very high stress always revert back to reflex, which is their training. There are stories of chutes bagged up when the 82nd jumped into Panama and Grenada.

Ok, enough from me on this. I'll contribute more on zombies now. well, zombies only.

nikvoodoo
Oct 10th, 2012, 01:19 PM
I may be jumbling my war movies...though now that you say Full Metal Jacket, that was the scene I was thinking of, but I put it in the other movie.

Hmm...wonder what other movie jumbles I can create in my little head....

Edit: been recently informed there was a sniper baiting scene in saving private ryan. I'm not gonna switch back and forth again, but I feel better that I'm not bat shit crazy.

Zombie-Bane
Oct 10th, 2012, 04:21 PM
I may be jumbling my war movies...though now that you say Full Metal Jacket, that was the scene I was thinking of, but I put it in the other movie.

Hmm...wonder what other movie jumbles I can create in my little head....

Edit: been recently informed there was a sniper baiting scene in saving private ryan. I'm not gonna switch back and forth again, but I feel better that I'm not bat shit crazy.

Haha Nick, you may still be bat shit crazy.

nikvoodoo
Oct 10th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Haha Nick, you may still be bat shit crazy.

I'd prefer if that was kept on the downlow please