PDA

View Full Version : Scenes you have a hard time listening to

Robzombie
Sep 18th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Are there scenes in We're Alive that you have a hard time listening to? Maybe you even have to fast forward through?

I think some specific scenes that immediatley come to mind for some might include Samathas death, or Burt having his Shirley smashed then his finger cut off, or now the autopsy with all those smooshing ripping sounds. Although Mr Marvins voice acting of Burt during his own torture scene is incredibly done and I do feel horrible for him, but I also sense his rage and vengence which evens it all out.

For myself the hardest scene for me to listen to (but I'll still listen) is the scene of Charles torture and death by Scratch. I've heard the scene over 20 times but now it just bothers me. The anguish in the actors voice is so wrenching and I pity and feel so sorry for him that it's become difficult to listen to. Other than that, if my wife is listening then a scene I won't play is the attempted rape of Lizzie. Not because anything happened but just because I think it's a fear of any(all) women and out of respect for her I won't play it out loud. She also refuses to listen to much of the show anyways because it creeps her out so much that shes actually had a nightmare or two, haha.

Adventureless_Hero
Sep 18th, 2012, 12:09 PM
I think the scene where Saul believes Lizzy was raped is one of the hardest for me. I definitely get choked up listening to him go through the pain of knowing someone he loves was forced to do something so vile it would make her sick to the stomach. His rage is there but I think the pain of knowing he could do nothing to change events is more evident.

Then there is the single gunshot that takes place on the golf course. The pain of everyone from the tower believing Lizzy has just been shot in the head. It's terrible to imagine. But what makes it worse is that I know the truth, that a man's teenage daughter has just been carelessly snuffed from existence. This was Hannah. She's fucking shot in the head! I have a very hard time listening to that gunshot. I think of the terrified girl who never got a chance to be with her father again. Fucking sucks and it's tearing me up right now so stop fucking talking about it!

Adventureless_Hero
Sep 19th, 2012, 06:48 AM
So this thread was moved?

Witch_Doctor
Sep 19th, 2012, 07:26 AM
When Michael tries to convince his friends to stay at Fort Irwin. They had been through so much together. He really did get them through it. He needed them now, but...