PDA

View Full Version : Its all a dream

Penguine
Sep 13th, 2012, 10:13 AM
I dont know if this has been brought up before, but what if it is all a dream? Anyone here ever take Ambien? That stuff can give you some wicked crazy dreams. Maybe Michael was having a bad day and took one or two then dropped off to sleep and this is all a dream. The end of the story is Michael waking up, looking around the room, and thinking "WTF kind of dream was that!?"

Robzombie
Sep 13th, 2012, 10:29 AM
I can't acknowledge the idea of that with a response....uh, damn....NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kc
Sep 13th, 2012, 11:00 AM
It's not.

Robzombie
Sep 13th, 2012, 11:20 AM
"ha ha in your face and the pimp goes down"
Lizzie quote, sorry couldn't help it.:D

nikvoodoo
Sep 13th, 2012, 11:34 AM
If this whole story was a dream, I would walk to California, find Kc's place, ring the bell, kick him in the nuts when he answered, and then walk back to NY.

Hoff4D
Sep 13th, 2012, 11:43 AM
If this whole story was a dream, I would walk to California, find Kc's place, ring the bell, kick him in the nuts when he answered, and then walk back to NY.

Judging by Kc's reply to the 'ask Kc anything' section when asked about how he liked lost, and he said the ending ruined it and sort of set the plan for what not to do, I have quite a bit of faith in his tying up this story in a very neat bow.

Penguine
Sep 13th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Damn

Adventureless_Hero
Sep 13th, 2012, 12:05 PM
No.

It's all a nightmare!

Kc
Sep 13th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Judging by Kc's reply to the 'ask Kc anything' section when asked about how he liked lost, and he said the ending ruined it and sort of set the plan for what not to do, I have quite a bit of faith in his tying up this story in a very neat bow.

Endings to stories are more important than the entire journey up to that point. People invest time, energy and emotion into the characters and what they go through. To say the adventure was all a dream, or "purgatory" is a lie and cheats people out of their involvement.

nikvoodoo
Sep 13th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Endings to stories are more important than the entire journey up to that point. People invest time, energy and emotion into the characters and what they go through. To say the adventure was all a dream, or "purgatory" is a lie and cheats people out of their involvement.

Agreed!

And don't worry, I'd get bored by the White Plains and turn around again....especially since I wouldn't be able to download any podcasts to listen to to keep me occupied.

Loyal Retainer
Sep 13th, 2012, 03:08 PM

If that was the case I'd ask you to pick me up on your way to Cali and you could kick the right and I'll kick the left.

7oddisdead
Sep 14th, 2012, 02:12 AM
i have mixed emotions reguarding the end of LOST...most of me really liked it when you take it out of context of that show...but i can totally understand the hate for it.

ive occasionally brought up the idea of this whole story being a "dream" or everybody is dead...something along those lines. but, the main reason for bringing that notion forward is by doing that, it forces your mind to look at things in a different light, see things from a different angle. its amazing that the same story can be interpreted so many different ways...thats probly why its so difficult to predict the big big picture here.

Hoff4D
Sep 14th, 2012, 08:11 AM
i have mixed emotions reguarding the end of LOST...most of me really liked it when you take it out of context of that show...but i can totally understand the hate for it.

ive occasionally brought up the idea of this whole story being a "dream" or everybody is dead...something along those lines. but, the main reason for bringing that notion forward is by doing that, it forces your mind to look at things in a different light, see things from a different angle. its amazing that the same story can be interpreted so many different ways...thats probly why its so difficult to predict the big big picture here.

I think that's why Kc has such a great story here...I mean, I relisten to the story and I'm like "OBVIOUSLY it was Kalani"......but at the time....I had guessed 3 or 4 different people. Kalani may have been one of them, but I was far from certain. Hell, I would be claiming too much credit if I said I was 30% sure at that point in time....

There's so much going on here, and it all makes sense....in time. Just gotta be patient. Which I'm not, so ON WITH THE CRACKPOT THEORIES! muahahaha!

Kc
Sep 14th, 2012, 08:53 AM

The whole last season alternate timeline, the flashes to LA, was just a deception. That entire timeline was people from the Island in purgatory; and yet the beginning of the season opens on the island under water. If they had stuck to their conventions throughout the series I would have accepted it more, but from a writing standpoint they just kept cheapening the experience. Death had no consequences.

Not to mention the 900,000 plants that never had any payoff. It was a shotgun blast of story right to the face. They deliberately wrote it so no one could predict the ending, and by doing so, it was never a logical satisfying conclusion.

But, that's just my 2 cents...

nikvoodoo
Sep 14th, 2012, 08:57 AM
That felt more like a dollar....;)

Kc
Sep 14th, 2012, 09:08 AM
That felt more like a dollar....;)

With my lost complaints, I never want to leave people short-changed.

clem131
Sep 14th, 2012, 09:27 AM
The finale of LOST was a cop out. From what I see this story in WA is written with a coherent plan to tie in everything important at the end, which actually requires considerably more talent than simply make shit up as you go to keep the mystery gauge up.

The problem with LOST was that a good story comes from good writing and integrity, while the driving force behind this is the usual "let's make money". The duality "big production, story is second to money" and "small production, money is second to story". There isn't usually a third choice (I can think of Valve for videogames, but that's it).

BTW: I seem to recall mentioning LOST on the forum once and KC answering "I haven't seen it yet". If I recall correctly and you just watched it recently with all the episodes already out, then you are smarter than all of us disillusioned ex-fans here who endured the week by week wait.
Since LOST, I actually haven't started watching any TV series unless it's already completed.

Penguine
Sep 14th, 2012, 09:40 AM
I've still never watched LOST.

Kc
Sep 14th, 2012, 09:54 AM
BTW: I seem to recall mentioning LOST on the forum once and KC answering "I haven't seen it yet". If I recall correctly and you just watched it recently with all the episodes already out, then you are smarter than all of us disillusioned ex-fans here who endured the week by week wait.
Since LOST, I actually haven't started watching any TV series unless it's already completed.

Watched all of LOST. Never watched Walking Dead. That's the one you're thinking of.

I think LOST set up the idea that good TV must have an ending, and that's exactly what's happening with Breaking Bad; One of the best written shows ever.

clem131
Sep 14th, 2012, 10:09 AM
I think LOST set up the idea that good TV must have an ending, and that's exactly what's happening with Breaking Bad; One of the best written shows ever.

Good to know something good came out of LOST's ending ;)

7oddisdead
Sep 14th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Watched all of LOST. Never watched Walking Dead. That's the one you're thinking of.

seconded on breaking bad..such a fine example of what tv today SHOULD be.

and to clarify; my feelings on the ending of lost are looking back at it a year after the fact... and while ill admit i personally found the end to be an emotional rollercoaster, im not naive enough to not have noticed that they completely screwed the pooch, so to say....i just have a hard time not finding the positives of it...if i except that i wasted that many years of my life on a shitty ending....well....ill just remember the good things ;) thank you!

Kc
Sep 14th, 2012, 04:39 PM
.i just have a hard time not finding the positives of it...
Oh, I agree. I was having this conversation with my friend today, and there are so many things good in the show, formats and things that they did that were quite well done. The way they did the plants and payoffs were great, they just needed to track them better. And it was quite revolutionary how they only gave you 30 min of story progression in an hour by giving you the other half as flashbacks.

riskbreaker23
Sep 14th, 2012, 07:24 PM
It's not.

Thank you for confirming this Kc. I'm glad, to me that would be horrible. The time invested in this story would've been all a waste. Why tell a story if you just wake up and none of it mattered? Some people think that's how the Walking Dead will end. If it does, I will freak out on some writers.

Oh, I agree. I was having this conversation with my friend today, and there are so many things good in the show, formats and things that they did that were quite well done. The way they did the plants and payoffs were great, they just needed to track them better. And it was quite revolutionary how they only gave you 30 min of story progression in an hour by giving you the other half as flashbacks.

What's your favorite LOST moment? I'd have to say mine was the second or third episode when it was focused on John Locke and it's revealed he was paraplegic. Really set the stage for John Locke being my favorite character for the rest of the show. He went through some extremely painful situations and is still a good person. If anything those situations made him a better person.

Kc
Sep 14th, 2012, 09:02 PM
What's your favorite LOST moment? I'd have to say mine was the second or third episode when it was focused on John Locke and it's revealed he was paraplegic. Really set the stage for John Locke being my favorite character for the rest of the show. He went through some extremely painful situations and is still a good person. If anything those situations made him a better person.

"Not Penny's Boat"