PDA

View Full Version : My thinking on Zombie theory "Gaia's Revenge" (Newbie first post, go easy on me!!)

Methos
Sep 12th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Hi Folks.

So, new survivor here, I'll pop into the introductions thread when I get a minute or ten but wanted to throw in my thoughts on the Zombies. apologies if these theories have surfaced before there's a lot of reading here to catch up...

My feeling is that the overall plot line is one of "Gaia's revenge" in other words Mother Earth cleansing herself of the bacteria that is humanity and the Zombies are her "White Blood Cells" All the stuff about Hydrocarbons and DNA manipulation is very interesting and kinda ties in, would not mother earth use against us the very thing we have been using to damage her. The zombies behave like white blood cells in so much as they target only humanity and therefore when we are good and gone they will fade away until next needed.

INK. ok so my feelings here are rather than the normal "smarter in life..." that it's actually "More Evil in Life = smarter in unlife" this in "Gaia theory" can tie in with scientists etc being smarter zombies as they are likely the ones carrying out animal experiments, raping the rainforests for drugs etc etc. So Ink happens to be the most evil character within range of the L.A. ground zero site and thus bestowed with the Supernatural power to create the...

Little Ones. Perhaps one of the more scholarly here could confirm, is there anything in the story line to say that Ink could not have been using the Arena and the Hospital at the same time? My feeling is that he had been using the hospital to blend his own supernatural blood with that of captured humans to create the "special Zombies" Behemoths, jumpers etc and then moving them to Arena to feed and train them. After the destruction of the arena he had a rethink and started work on the Little ones who are more independent and programmed to Branch out.

The Haze. very reminiscent of the method of zombiefication in Cherie Priests excellent Zombie/Steampunk cross genre novels (the audio books are very well narrated if you need a distraction from WA) and of course by my theory is the method of delivery of Mother Earths vengeance (no need to harm the animals with volcanoes and earthquakes)

Anyway, almost finished cramming WND and got my wife to listen to chapter 1 of WA today, I think she'll be hooked.

Keep up the good work :)

riskbreaker23
Sep 20th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Welcome to the Forums!

Your theories are really good, and go along with what I believe; that Kc is going to do something creative. A biohazard weapon, or a government experiment gone wrong have been done before time and again. Not that there would be anything wrong with Kc using those conventions, he has enough creativity in the series that using those ideas would be okay, but I suspect he is doing something different.

I don't however agree with you that scientists are necessarily "evil". Your theory is sound, maybe Ink being smart has something to do with him being a bad man in real life. But Scientists are doing more to save the earth than anyone. Not saying you're wrong, I just don't agree with that idea.

Also, congrats on getting your wife to listen. I work a production environment which allows me to listen to the show so easily. My wife had gotten a job in another similar type of production environment and was asking me to put Audiobooks on her Zune. I said, rather enthusiastically, that she should listen to WA. She knew of WA at this point, I've actually gotten a few of our friends to listen to it. But she and I have different tastes when it comes to entertainment in general. So she was skeptical to say the least. Actually she said "it seems dumb". I didn't push, but I could tell she saw my disappointed face. As Greg Miller always said, "I've never recommended the show to someone and had them come back and say, yeah, not really my thing." I knew that if she just started listening to it she would enjoy it! Well she must've seen my disappointment (and I've noticed with my wife if I DON'T push she will usually try something. It's how I got her to love sushi) because she ended up putting the podcast on by herself. I guess she was really enjoying it because she didn't say a single word to me about listening to it until one day she came home, nearly in tears and asked, "Does Saul and Lizzy find eachother eventually?"

I think I've probably gotten around 30 people to listen to the show. Not directly, but through the people I have suggested. It's amazing how word of mouth can spread when it wants to and not when you want it to.

---

One other thought I had that might kind of shut down this theory is if the Earth was cleansing itself of humans by turning them into zombies then it's done more damage to itself than humanity ever has done. I imagine entire species of animals going extinct as a result of the zombies. Another "Gaia's revenge" movie that I had issues with was "the happening". Despite being an awful movie, the idea that humanity does such extreme damage to plants that they have developed an evolutionary desire to destroy humans was kind of dumb. I'm from Utah and this place is relatively green because when the Mormons arrived they irrigated everything. The fact that we actually have a lot of trees in Utah was due to humans. If we didn't irrigate this place would look more like southern Nevada. So in some areas, humanity has actually grown more plants than they've destroyed.

LiamKerrington
Sep 21st, 2012, 10:12 AM
Little Ones. Perhaps one of the more scholarly here could confirm, is there anything in the story line to say that Ink could not have been using the Arena and the Hospital at the same time? My feeling is that he had been using the hospital to blend his own supernatural blood with that of captured humans to create the "special Zombies" Behemoths, jumpers etc and then moving them to Arena to feed and train them. After the destruction of the arena he had a rethink and started work on the Little ones who are more independent and programmed to Branch out.

I like especially that part of your posting, although your overall statement is pretty cool. Thank you for sharing!

All the best!
Liam