PDA

View Full Version : 100th Episode Celebrations

cupcakezombie
Sep 10th, 2012, 12:35 AM
So guys, what do we want to do to celebrate the 100th episode of our favourite Zombie Podcast.
I was thinking at least a social media push as we haven't done one of those in a while.
We could also do the Journal Page comp with the announcement in the WND celebrating the 100th.
I don't really know, but I want to do something special.

ComradeNarf
Sep 10th, 2012, 10:34 AM
I think the social media push is a good idea, but I'm not certain what the best idea would be either. I'm still leaning towards a contest (I'd be up for donating one of the new design We're Alive t-shirts), but most of what I've seen that involve social is a random pick from someone who "likes" the relevant post on FB, or a random retweeter on Twitter. Anyone else have a good social media contest idea? Maybe we could ask for comments on fav episode and why, pick a random winner from that?

cupcakezombie
Sep 10th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Oh I like the idea of favourite moments and then using random drawer thing to select a winner.

Kc
Sep 11th, 2012, 04:31 PM
October 8th is the day btw... Official 100th episode. We have a few things on our end to announce, but your help would be great.
I'm gonna move this out in the open so you may have some more volunteers to help out. Cupcake, I think everyone agrees you would most likely be project lead, yes?

nikvoodoo
Sep 11th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Agreed. Ccz in the lead

Osiris
Sep 11th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Tell me more about this journal contest....

Lilydragon
Sep 11th, 2012, 08:18 PM
I like the idea of picking a favorite quote, but it could be too random...

Oh, oh, idea... People could submit a journal entry, as if they were there in the tower or with the Mallers, and set it within their favorite episode.

Adventureless_Hero
Sep 12th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Coordinate a simultaneous zombie walk in 100 major cities across the United States and/or the world. That should be interesting. Like a flash mob, but world wide...and ZOMBIES!!!

Also, the media push is a good idea too.

cupcakezombie
Sep 12th, 2012, 06:12 PM
My journal idea is:
Write out your own journal page for one of the characters. It could be at any point in time. Be creative, would some of them doodle, or if there had been a mission would they have drawn something out.
I am more then happy to run this competition or the favourite moments for the 100th episode celebrations, and will donate prizes.
The main problem with this is that we can't share stuff as easily for this on Facebook or Twitter because of spoilers, even on here it can be a bit of an issue. That would be the same with favourite moments.
I guess if we are clear on the competition pages (here and FB) that it will contain spoilers we could run with one or both.

Lilydragon
Sep 12th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Coordinate a simultaneous zombie walk in 100 major cities across the United States and/or the world. That should be interesting. Like a flash mob, but world wide...and ZOMBIES!!!

Also, the media push is a good idea too.

Wasn't that done in Chicago or New York to promote The Walking Dead this summer?

Wicked Sid
Sep 12th, 2012, 10:00 PM
I'm pretty sure an organized zombie in 100 major cities across the world/United States of America would be a little out of the Free podcast, We're Alive's price range to do alone.

I know there are things like ImprovEverywhere that organize major events, but that's a little out of our league.

Kc
Sep 12th, 2012, 11:49 PM
My journal idea is:
Write out your own journal page for one of the characters. It could be at any point in time. Be creative, would some of them doodle, or if there had been a mission would they have drawn something out.
I am more then happy to run this competition or the favourite moments for the 100th episode celebrations, and will donate prizes.
The main problem with this is that we can't share stuff as easily for this on Facebook or Twitter because of spoilers, even on here it can be a bit of an issue. That would be the same with favourite moments.
I guess if we are clear on the competition pages (here and FB) that it will contain spoilers we could run with one or both.
I'm all for that! Write up a rule sheet and we'll post it. We'll figure out a prize.

Osiris
Sep 14th, 2012, 10:28 PM
In for journal entries!!!

yarri
Sep 15th, 2012, 03:25 AM
Ditto

cupcakezombie
Sep 15th, 2012, 07:29 PM
How about this (Note date is not confirmed for competition close just one I made up for this):

Ever wondered what how messy Angels handwriting is, how many time Pegs practised signing her and Michaels name in her journal, or if Bricks conveys in writing what he can't in words? Well now is your chance to bring your vision to reality. We are holding a competition where you can create a journal entry for one of the characters in the series.
Each entry in the competition should be no more than one page and can have a single or multiple actual entries. You must cover something that happened in the story but doesn't have to be necessarily an entry that we have heard in an episode. So, Scratch writing up an attack on the Tower is ok, but Pete's adventures in his water truck while killing zombies and saving the Tower is not for this competition.
You can included diagrams or doodles as well as the written stuff, and make sure that it is a decent digital copy of you work so that we can appreciate all of the wonderful work you put into this.
As these entries will contain spoilers please restrict posting your entries to the designated forum page or Facebook competition page (if you post an entry in the wrong place we will delete it and it won't be counted as an entry).
Entries will close on the 5th of October with the winner announced soon after.

Kc
Sep 15th, 2012, 11:04 PM
How about this (Note date is not confirmed for competition close just one I made up for this):

Ever wondered what how messy Angels handwriting is, how many time Pegs practised signing her and Michaels name in her journal, or if Bricks conveys in writing what he can't in words? Well now is your chance to bring your vision to reality. We are holding a competition where you can create a journal entry for one of the characters in the series.
Each entry in the competition should be no more than one page and can have a single or multiple actual entries. You must cover something that happened in the story but doesn't have to be necessarily an entry that we have heard in an episode. So, Scratch writing up an attack on the Tower is ok, but Pete's adventures in his water truck while killing zombies and saving the Tower is not for this competition.
You can included diagrams or doodles as well as the written stuff, and make sure that it is a decent digital copy of you work so that we can appreciate all of the wonderful work you put into this.
As these entries will contain spoilers please restrict posting your entries to the designated forum page or Facebook competition page (if you post an entry in the wrong place we will delete it and it won't be counted as an entry).
Entries will close on the 5th of October with the winner announced soon after.

I like it!

cupcakezombie
Sep 16th, 2012, 02:03 AM
Excellent. Can I get someone with appropriate powers to create a Facebook competition page for this please?

Kc
Sep 16th, 2012, 09:25 PM
We'll post it there Monday or Tuesday.

Osiris
Sep 16th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Shit. Yet another hat to wear.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 20th, 2012, 12:21 AM
I'm excited about the announcements. :omgomg: Speculating more about what this could be than the origin of the zombies.