PDA

View Full Version : hell on wheels

reaper239
Sep 5th, 2012, 05:20 AM
anyone see this? another AMC offering that has made it to netflix. i just watched the first episode since i woke up so dang early this morning. takes place in like 18XX just after the civil war (i can't remember the date that flashed across he screen at the beginning of the show) and it follows a man tracking the men who apparently had their way with his wife before she was murdered during the war. he was confederate, they were union. it is a period piece and as such deals with racism and whatnot, so if you are easily offended, don't watch it, but it does seem accurate for the time so, what do you want? i enjoyed it, but then, i've been enjoying everything AMC has been throwing out lately. what's up with that btw, why is AMC suddenly the station to watch when it comes to rockin new shows? anyhow, has anyone else seen this?

yarri
Sep 5th, 2012, 05:46 AM
I've seen the first season and loved every second of it.

don't question the AMC thingy.. go with it. When the entertainment Gods give... just say thank you and don't speak of it just accept and enjoy

reaper239
Sep 5th, 2012, 06:19 AM
don't question the AMC thingy.. go with it. When the entertainment Gods give... just say thank you and don't speak of it just accept and enjoy

not questioning good tv, just wondering when AMC got the foresight to start throwing cash at all these "risky" shows that are paying off in a big way?

yarri
Sep 5th, 2012, 06:28 AM
not questioning good tv, just wondering when AMC got the foresight to start throwing cash at all these "risky" shows that are paying off in a big way?

I don't know... I'm trying hard to not think about it. . .

REZombie
Feb 26th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Very big fan of Hell on Wheels! I have seen every episode. Its one of the few shows i really like on TV.