PDA

View Full Version : We're Not Dead #45

nikvoodoo
Sep 5th, 2012, 03:17 AM
You know the drill. Thoughts in the episode, post. Might be read on air.

LiamKerrington
Sep 5th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Ok.
- Chapter #33 either procedes with Michael and Fort Irwin and/ or since the chinook with the wounded is enroute to Boulder and Boulder has already prepaired a 'rescue cruise' for the chinook, we might see Pegs, Datu, Kelly and Hope again ...

- Michael asks for the opportunity to gather a rescue team and to try to "intercept" the chinook in order to check the situation; but Kimmet does not let him loose; in the meantime the chinook finally gets down, and the rescue team from Boulder rescues and retrieves what was left - not knowing what fate they bring to Boulder ... And the pilot of this rescue mission would be Pegs - maybe even supported by Datu and Kelly ... !

- Kimmets niece (the female soldier) was attacked by a little one; compared with the Roman-fate in chapter #30 she is infected and transforms/ transformed into a decepticon, er, little one and attacks the chinook from the inside. From #30 we know how strong little ones are and that they can deal even with metal doors. Weakest spot of this theory: Do little ones infect with the 'endless number of" fingers by scratching their victims?

All the best!
Liam

VeritableHero
Sep 10th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Only one reply post for this week? I'll come out of hiding to say something. Apologies if any of this is talked about elsewhere in the forums; I typically only have time to listen to the discussion instead of joining in reading/posting here.

Thinking of possible hits-the-fan scenarios:
-Tonya screws something up with the zombie samples. She's immune but whoever is discarding the samples (Nurse Brit?) gets infected. An outbreak within Fort Irwin. Too many new recruits that can't properly handle combat and the Fort goes downhill fast.
-I like Liam's thought about a rescue from Boulder bringing back something they shouldn't to the City. (Doubt the tower members would be on board, though.)

Also, thank you for making the timeline connection for me. Didn't realize that the chinook mishap was what was described a while back; it makes a difference knowing when this is happening in relation to the colony / sat phone.

Adventureless_Hero
Sep 10th, 2012, 09:21 AM
I was getting a few ideas thinking of what you blokes were talking about.

I do believe that Michael is being set up to be the leader at Ft. Irwin. I forgot Kimmet has been drinking, so I think they are suggesting that Michael is poised to assume leadership. Maybe Kimmet is going to kill himself or crack under the pressure or something. I have yet to listen to 32-2, so I'm very anxious to see what's up.

I also think that Dunbar might be new the new Tower. It's in an area where research in L.A. can continue, and it sounds very safe.

In regards to Tanya and Saul being immune...do you think they had recent Rabbies vaccinations? Maybe it's that simple?

Also, LOL @ Beeze throwing in a little comment at the very end. Always love those edits!

Pikepaw
Sep 10th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Despite the fact that my relationship with Nikvoodoo is in a rough patch right now, I will still comment. Great episode as per usual. I really like the chemistry of Comradenarf and the Voodoo. Also I could listen to Narf for about eight hours a day. What if I pay Comradenarf to read my textbooks on podcast for me to help me study? Lol

Also just crackpot thinking, because apparently the love of ComradeNarf=death, I began thinking who I would want to die. Except for our villains I don't want to lose anyone else and even among them I want them to get away to keep causing havoc before a triumphant climatic end. Except for the Little Ones/Hunters. Kill all of those bastards whenever you can...they are one of the few zombie types that legitimately scare me. After going on that short tangent, I began thinking about if Pegs had died instead of going to Boulder. Now Pegs fans don't attack me, but she is my least favourite character. More than that though, I wonder how Michael would react to Pegs dying in combat. But we already have Saul losing Lizzie and Riley has lost Angel (or Lizzie as well depending on the all important question). So Pegs dying would just add a factor we already have with other characters. Also we already have Michael without Pegs, and while is focusing on the mission, somewhere deep inside of his psychy. Okay I went off tract

PS I want to see the dogsled team

ComradeNarf
Sep 11th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Looks like Liam is on a roll with his Little One theory! Bravo! Now while she appears dead... what are the odds that she's actually turning?

VeritableHero, I would giggle like a schoolgirl if Nurse Britt wound up as Patient Zero at Ft. Irwin.

Adventureless_Hero - Totally agree that Dunbar is looking to become the new tower. Maybe the bastion for a several characters (and Mr. Whiskers!) in season 4?

Pikepaw, I'm liking the idea you mentioned the other day about becoming a fan of Tardust. I may soon declare myself his #1 fan. Let's hope it pays off! Also, regarding textbooks - I only narrate English, Poly Sci, Psych, and History books. ;)

Also, what do you think it would take to get Jay Olegario to record a few lines of, "Mush, mush! Come on you dogs!" Mix in some dogs barking, and you have comedy gold!

LiamKerrington
Sep 11th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Hi there,

thank you ComradeNarf... But actually I was wrong on several parts. Cpt. Long did not change, because a) she is ultra-resistant or b) she was not infected after all; we still have no confirmation on the lil-one-finger-based infection, although it more and more may seem to be the case. Ok, I give it that: In the discussion thread for chapter #33-1 we discussed the likelihood that something might have grabbed on the Chinook, but although I spoke in favor of such a theory, well, I kept a low profile and thought more of a smart-one or (as unlikely as it was) maybe even Ink ...

Oh boy, Kc is pretty awesome giving us bits and pieces and still hiding the code-breaker out of our reach ... Still plenty of stuff to think and especially wonder and guess about ...

All the best!
Liam

UndeadSweeper
Sep 12th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Are we call them Inking or my idea ADLO? ;-)

Cabbage Patch
Sep 12th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Are we call them Inking or my idea ADLO? ;-)

I like both, a lot. I say we call them Advanced Little Ones collectively, ADLOs in small groups, and Inklings individually.

nikvoodoo
Sep 12th, 2012, 01:02 PM
I like both, a lot. I say we call them Advanced Little Ones collectively, ADLOs in small groups, and Inklings individually.

If we're going to designate like this, Inklings should only be the ones with tattoos are they truly are the only ones with ties to TOWTM.

Hoff4D
Sep 12th, 2012, 01:08 PM
If we're going to designate like this, Inklings should only be the ones with tattoos are they truly are the only ones with ties to TOWTM.

Seconded. Inklings being the 'purebred' if you will. ADLO being the offsprings of Inklings.

Adventureless_Hero
Sep 12th, 2012, 01:10 PM
I think it depends on the context.
Inkling can refer to a specific numbered version of an advanced Little One, or Big Little One, while an ADLO or ADLOs would be an abbreviated or short form of saying Advanced Little Ones, while Advanced Little Ones could refer to a more generalized description of a group of advanced Little Ones containing a mix of numbered Inklings and their turned victims who carry the traits of an Advanced Little One or ADLO but should the group contain only Inklings then one might be allowed to use the term Big Little One to refer to said zombie as said zombie was indeed at one point a true Little One and not an instant Advanced Little One as seen in the victims of Inklings.

Or fuck it, we call them Inklings and everyone gets it.^w^

Hoff4D
Sep 12th, 2012, 01:17 PM
I think it depends on the context.
Inkling can refer to a specific numbered version of an advanced Little One, or Big Little One, while an ADLO or ADLOs would be an abbreviated or short form of saying Advanced Little Ones, while Advanced Little Ones could refer to a more generalized description of a group of advanced Little Ones containing a mix of numbered Inklings and their turned victims who carry the traits of an Advanced Little One or ADLO but should the group contain only Inklings then one might be allowed to use the term Big Little One to refer to said zombie as said zombie was indeed at one point a true Little One and not an instant Advanced Little One as seen in the victims of Inklings.

Or fuck it, we call them Inklings and everyone gets it.^w^

This is looking like some airtight legal jargon.

Inklings it is! lol:yay:

UndeadSweeper
Sep 12th, 2012, 04:10 PM

Inklings it is! lol:yay:

As long as we don't go by anus birth theory, because then we would need to call them A-Os O_o'

Witch_Doctor
Sep 12th, 2012, 07:35 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

They were , also, the only ones that were 'Little' too.

cupcakezombie
Sep 12th, 2012, 08:39 PM
After going on that short tangent, I began thinking about if Pegs had died instead of going to Boulder. Now Pegs fans don't attack me, but she is my least favourite character.

Too late. Pikepaw you are dead to me!

:p

clem131
Sep 13th, 2012, 10:44 AM
I think I will just call them all "Bob".