PDA

View Full Version : CJ takes over The Colony

BigBossMan
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:49 PM
I'm thinking when the smoke clears at the Colony, the Mallers will be routed and Scratch will have to make a tactical retreat. With the Mallers gone and Gatekeeper being a shadow of his former self this is going to create a major power vacuum. Since CJ had the forethought to stockpile the weapons and plan the raid, I think the remaining Colonists will see her as a natural leader and she'll be reluctantly roped into bringing order from chaos.

Cabbage Patch
Aug 29th, 2012, 03:34 PM
My thought was that CJ would die during the fighting, possibly at the hands of Scratch, but I like your idea better.

CJ would be the perfect person to lead the Colony through the rebuilding process once the Mallers are gone. She's not tied to any of the Colony's old factions, and her efforts made their liberation possible. With Gatekeeper and Victor as her advisors, and Pete as her cabana boy, she should be able to whip that place back into shape in no time.

I'm still hoping that Scratch will make a clean get-away. After the SWAT Van has been emptied of guns, and the Colonists have gained the upper hand over the Mallers, I can see Scratch and Tardust capturing it and using it to make their escape.

Robzombie
Aug 29th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Yeah I like that idea of CJ staying at the colony, but not just to get it back in order, but to establish it as a base on behalf of Fort Irwin. I still think that she is a prior service member just like Michael/Angel/Saul. she's a good planner so I'm guessing she's an officer.

LiamKerrington
Aug 29th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Hi.

Interesting thought. But I have trouble with some details.
First: Would take over the Colony, if she learns that Gatekeeper fucked up big time regarding Sean?
Second: Would the Colony accept a completely new and unknown leader again - after gatekeeper's coup made some things better and after The Maulers pushed them back into slavery?
Third: Why would CJ abandon her fortress with additional ressources, her data-base, one major weapon-stash, the communication-network, and all the save-house around it?
No, I don't see CJ taking over the Colony, although the idea offers some challenge to the story. More likely she will get into deep shit, if she does not survive this new war ...

All the best!
Liam

Robzombie
Aug 29th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Uh, because, now this is assuming that comms are established with Fort Irwin, which I think we all do, that the colony will no longer be a singular respite for survivors. The surviving colonists will not stay unless thay want to, some will train and some will go to Boulder.
The thing with Gatekeeper is a moot point, that is if gatekeeper survives anyways. The way it's been I don't think Victor's going to say anything. I think Gatekeeper is close to passing away anyways and what he did won't be told. The colonists don't have to accept anything. They'll be happy to be able to get on with their lives in Boulder or Fort Irwin...and I think CJ will be re-enlisted and be happy to begin operations from the colony.

oh and i just thought of something. The colony may be a good place to round up a crap load of zombies lured in by the Tanya/military developed "sweat option" and somehow destroyed.

BigBossMan
Aug 29th, 2012, 05:08 PM
My thought was that CJ would die during the fighting, possibly at the hands of Scratch, but I like your idea better.

CJ would be the perfect person to lead the Colony through the rebuilding process once the Mallers are gone. She's not tied to any of the Colony's old factions, and her efforts made their liberation possible. With Gatekeeper and Victor as her advisors, and Pete as her cabana boy, she should be able to whip that place back into shape in no time.

I'm still hoping that Scratch will make a clean get-away. After the SWAT Van has been emptied of guns, and the Colonists have gained the upper hand over the Mallers, I can see Scratch and Tardust capturing it and using it to make their escape.

I'm fairly sure CJ and Scratch will both survive. CJ, to help rebuild the Colony & be an uncomfortable angle on the CJ/Saul/Lizzy love triangle and Scratch is just too much of a major catalyst in the LA part of the story line. Scratch will get away clean, possibly wounded, but not down for the count.

BigBossMan
Aug 29th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Yeah I like that idea of CJ staying at the colony, but not just to get it back in order, but to establish it as a base on behalf of Fort Irwin. I still think that she is a prior service member just like Michael/Angel/Saul. she's a good planner so I'm guessing she's an officer.

I would be surprised if it turned out she is/was part of the military. The Colony would make a good FOB for Ft. Irwin though. Maybe an ex-cop?

Hi.

Interesting thought. But I have trouble with some details.
First: Would take over the Colony, if she learns that Gatekeeper fucked up big time regarding Sean?
Second: Would the Colony accept a completely new and unknown leader again - after gatekeeper's coup made some things better and after The Maulers pushed them back into slavery?
Third: Why would CJ abandon her fortress with additional ressources, her data-base, one major weapon-stash, the communication-network, and all the save-house around it?
No, I don't see CJ taking over the Colony, although the idea offers some challenge to the story. More likely she will get into deep shit, if she does not survive this new war ...

All the best!
Liam

1. I'm thinking she would find out later rather than sooner and that would make for some nice fireworks.
2. IIRC, Gatekeeper wasn't exactly a benevolent leader. I would think that even if she is an outsider, the fact that she did free them, has no desire to lead or subjugate them and her planning skills would be the things that would make the Colonists accept her.
3. That is why I said she would be reluctantly roped into the role. I'm sure she has no intention of leaving her nicely fortified home.

Uh, because, now this is assuming that comms are established with Fort Irwin, which I think we all do, that the colony will no longer be a singular respite for survivors. The surviving colonists will not stay unless thay want to, some will train and some will go to Boulder.
The thing with Gatekeeper is a moot point, that is if gatekeeper survives anyways. The way it's been I don't think Victor's going to say anything. I think Gatekeeper is close to passing away anyways and what he did won't be told. The colonists don't have to accept anything. They'll be happy to be able to get on with their lives in Boulder or Fort Irwin...and I think CJ will be re-enlisted and be happy to begin operations from the colony.

oh and i just thought of something. The colony may be a good place to round up a crap load of zombies lured in by the Tanya/military developed "sweat option" and somehow destroyed.

My guess for this is Ft. Irwin is about to have some major problems of its own and can't come to their aid. Which pisses Michael off and somehow caused him to wind up in the stockade.

LiamKerrington
Aug 30th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Hi there,

Ok, you have some valid points. Interesting. Would be exciting to see things evolve in that direction. And having the Colony as a sweat-bomb-trap would be kind of cool ... But that would also require them leave the hospital and Northern L.A. to move to The Colony ... ;)

All the best!
Liam

BigBossMan
Aug 30th, 2012, 04:14 AM
Hi there,

Ok, you have some valid points. Interesting. Would be exciting to see things evolve in that direction. And having the Colony as a sweat-bomb-trap would be kind of cool ... But that would also require them leave the hospital and Northern L.A. to move to The Colony ... ;)

All the best!
Liam

Or it could just be wishful thinking on my part and I'm talking out of my ass. lol

Penguine
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:22 AM
I believe that if she wanted she would take the Colony over. She also seems to have a heart and might look on the beaten and broken Gatekeeper and spare him.

Yes. Again CJ could be seen as a strong leader/planner and a natural leader.

Third: Why would CJ abandon her fortress with additional resources, her data-base, one major weapon-stash, the communication-network, and all the save-house around it?
CJ would abandon Dunbar cause the Colony is a better place to live. It is larger, has space for crops, good security, and lets face it, few people really to live alone if they don’t have to.

Robzombie
Aug 30th, 2012, 01:04 PM
CJ was also led to believe that it was the prisoners fault for Shauns death. I think it will end at that with either Victor or Gatekeeper, if having survived the gun battle, will be saying nothing, and I don't think CJ will be bringing it up anyways.

BigBossMan
Aug 30th, 2012, 02:04 PM
CJ was also led to believe that it was the prisoners fault for Shauns death. I think it will end at that with either Victor or Gatekeeper, if having survived the gun battle, will be saying nothing, and I don't think CJ will be bringing it up anyways.

I don't see it popping up right away until there is a reason for it to be known to drive some part of the story along.

LiamKerrington
Aug 31st, 2012, 03:49 PM
I don't see it popping up right away until there is a reason for it to be known to drive some part of the story along.

Just think of this situation:
CJ, Saul and Victor go all Cavalry-badass-style through The Colony. Then all of a sudden CJ recognizes The Mallers and asks directly: Was it this one or that one?
Saul replies: "Um, well ... you know ..." And Victor adds: "Er, maybe ..."
So CJ asks: "What's wrong with you guys? Need another table-dance to get straight again?"
Lizzy: "Wtf???"
Saul and Victor: "There is something you need to know ..."
Gatekeepr starts running ..."
CJ: "Yeesss???"
Saul: "Er ..."
Victor: "What Saul is trying to tell you, well ... *cough* ... It wasn't the Mallers, it was that guy over there ..."
CJ goes badger-berserk on anything and anyone ...

;)

Litmaster
Sep 1st, 2012, 04:36 AM
Ain't gonna happen...and it's a moot point because the Mallony isn't going to survive past this battle... I still stand by my prediction that the Mallony will be overrun by zombies and only a handful of survivors will be able to escape. There will be nothing left for CJ to rule over, even if she lives. You heard it here first!

Duffusmonkey
Sep 1st, 2012, 10:06 AM
You're assuming that the attack on the colony will be successful. This is a drama, something will go terribly wrong! <br />
<br />
I think CJ and the colonists will be winning against the divided Mallers. ...

Robzombie
Sep 1st, 2012, 05:42 PM
No....just, no

LiamKerrington
Sep 2nd, 2012, 02:39 AM
Ok,

more serious then:

abstract:
- The situation right now keeps CJ busy making her not care about details about who killed Sean any more.
- On the contrary the revelation of the real death-circumstances of Sean holds some solid potential for just another plot-twist.
- But maybe the whole 'Sean's-death-thing' was only meant to be a carrier for CJ's motivation to get her involved into the active story-parts leaving the question open if this even would have an impact on her decision whether to take over control of The Colony or not.

All the best!
Liam

in detail:
- Maybe, and probably not unlikely, CJ won't learn about the real circumstances of Sean's death, because the situation right now offers plenty of distraction; also she believes that The Mallers have killed Sean, and there is no reason why she should doubt this (false) information. So why would she even think and care about who exactly is responsible for his death? Or: Is she actually as revenge-driven as Scratch? Well, probably no, so: "No, she would not care about it right now..."

- In contrary, though, I wonder if there could be a better situation then right now to reveal the death-circumstances to CJ? I mean, look at it this way: Sean was mentioned and thrown in every now and then - pretty often as kind of an aside, and we - the audience - were able to make up our mind and were even thinking hard about what would and could happen as soon as CJ learns about the 'lies' of Saul and Victor. So: "Yes, now there would be a good situation to add just another plot-twist and a new level of complication to the whole story." Just consider it: Gatekeeper takes responsibility for Seans death, CJ wants bad things for Sean's killers, and right now she is on her best way to support Gatekeeper with everything he needs to start a new world war or shit ... What would change, if she understands the outcome of her actions right now?

- But maybe, though, this whole "Sean-thing" is just some kind of plot-distraction to keep us busy; or it is just a carrier to give CJ some level of motivation to do things or follow leads of whatever kind. And actually I don't see any big value to the whole WA story, if the lie to get CJ into the infiltration of/ attack on The Colony explodes right into her face - except maybe for what I described in the last paragraph. And as a question: Would this even have any impact on the question, whether to take control over The Colony or not?

Robzombie
Sep 2nd, 2012, 11:43 AM
Ain't gonna happen...and it's a moot point because the Mallony isn't going to survive past this battle... I still stand by my prediction that the Mallony will be overrun by zombies and only a handful of survivors will be able to escape. There will be nothing left for CJ to rule over, even if she lives. You heard it here first!

Well further up in the thread I mention that either the mallers, colonists or zombies will win (lol, covered all possibilities so I couldn't possibly be wrong :) haha)...but the Z's are between the inner and outer gates aren't they, along with Saul and CJ? Whom I think will dispatch of any and all zombies, including any freshly turned ones promptly. On the other hand they do have their hands full with taking care of whatever mallers are around and with getting the guns inside the compound to assist the colonists, which may yet lead to the zombies getting inside. Perhaps not many got through the outer gate and they will be quickly done in by the time the inner gate is opened? There really is no certain way for us to say what's going to happen here, and thats why I love this drama and eagerly anticipate each new release, and re-listen to it over and over again.

BigBossMan
Nov 8th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Looks like she's falling into the leadership position. Dunno if she will survive the leg to hold onto it.

Blood & Ice Cream
Nov 9th, 2012, 01:41 PM
IF... the colony survives the season three ending then wheelchair_CJ will become colony leader no.4 (Marcus/Gatekeeper/Durai/CJ)

either fort irwin will fall and the surviving gang will escape in the big bird to the colony or whether they will simply come and help them out at the very last minute

7oddisdead
Sep 28th, 2013, 02:27 AM
digging this one up just to say that bigbossman hit the majority of the points he could have gleemed from the story on the head...a year ago. good job, sir/mam/robot/baby!

and lit got it wrong....sadfacedpanda

Grognaurd
Sep 28th, 2013, 04:34 AM
Looks like she's falling into the leadership position. Dunno if she will survive the leg to hold onto it.

Zomg, now that's punny! Now, I really have to go back and check the dates...

BigBossMan
Sep 28th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. :)