PDA

View Full Version : Lizzy Kills Bricks.

ferroaj
Aug 16th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Xpost from WND #43 thread:

I'd put money on it that Lizzy kills Bricks. I think their relationship is a direct allusion to Of Mice & Men. Bricks is Lenny; Lizzy is George. They're really close and as ironic as it is, Lizzy is the one protecting Bricks. Bricks is a hulk, yes, but he's an oaf. He has almost zero intellect, but he does have an inherent sense of right and wrong. Lizzy is the one saving Bricks from himself, because without her, he would go to the Mallers even though he knows that's morally wrong. He's unable to make his own decisions, so he looks to anyone for guidance. Before Lizzy, it was Tardust until he saw Tardust try to rape Lizzy, something he KNOWS is wrong. At that point, he looked to Scratch who said to protect her... so he did and has. Now Scratch has done something he KNOWS is wrong (Bert), so who's left to follow? Lizzy, the one he knows is good. She's his moral compass at this point and she feels responsible to keep him from giving into pressure from the Mallers.

My guess here is that Bricks is going to kill someone of value to Scratch, maybe Durai???? She'll find out and send a mob to take down the murderous idiot and Lizzy's going to mercy kill him to keep him from being tortured by her. Lizzy will get a pass because 1) she's prego and Scratch feels for her and 2) Bricks is already dead, he's not a member of the family, so there's no reason to seek revenge on Lizzy.

Thoughts????

OH AND PS: Does anyone else think Bricks sounds like Kevin from the office????? Sorry. You can't unhear it...

Bullethead
Aug 17th, 2012, 07:08 AM
I was with you all the way up until you actually mention Lizzy killing bricks. If they knew a mob of people were coming for him they wouldn't just say "eff it" and off themselves. (or Lizzy killing him out of mercy). They would most likely stand and fight, perhaps free burt and have him help (if he has any fight left in him) or simply run.

I do however think something has to give soon. Both Saul and Bricks are tied to Lizzy in a protective sense. From a story structural standpoint I don't know how having 2 characters like that would fit. So I do feel that perhaps Bricks or Saul will die before all is said and done.

ferroaj
Aug 17th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Okay. revision, then. Maybe Bricks will get bit and Lizzy will put him down. Either way, i'm very confident she'll be his end.

Osiris
Aug 20th, 2012, 05:12 PM
It appears as though she inadvertently killed him.

nikvoodoo
Aug 20th, 2012, 06:45 PM
It appears as though she inadvertently killed him.

I'd say Scrach inadvertently killed him. Her actions set off the gunfire.

Cabbage Patch
Aug 20th, 2012, 07:27 PM
I'd say Scrach inadvertently killed him. Her actions set off the gunfire.

There was nothing inadvertent about it:

Scratch killed Bricks. Listen to the scene carefully and you'll hear Scratch yell "Bricks!", followed by the shots that hit him, then Scratch yelling "Got him!".

Osiris
Aug 20th, 2012, 07:41 PM

Scratch killed Bricks. Listen to the scene carefully and you'll hear Scratch yell "Bricks!", followed by the shots that hit him, then Scratch yelling "Got him!".

THAT is mofucking true, sir. But, if it weren't for Lizzy... Bricks would still live. Further proof that Lizzy is evil and needs to be destroyed.

yarri
Aug 20th, 2012, 08:31 PM
THAT is mofucking true, sir. But, if it weren't for Lizzy... Bricks would still live. Further proof that Lizzy is evil and needs to be destroyed.

Shhhhh there there..... There there.... *pats*

LiamKerrington
Aug 21st, 2012, 01:05 AM

Slipped my attention. Thanks you.

ferroaj
Sep 10th, 2012, 03:19 PM
DEBUNKED. I'm eating crow too, Nik.

Thanks for the backup, Osiris. You could make an argument, but when it comes down to it, i was wrong.