PDA

View Full Version : Kc Interviewed on Radio Drama Revival

finalrune
Jul 20th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Hey folks,

We had Kc for the 3rd time on Radio Drama Revival (http://www.radiodramarevival.com/) this week: http://www.radiodramarevival.com/episode-288-were-alives-kc-wayland-talks/. Fun interview catching up with what's been going on since - I think it was mid Season 2, when they first got picked up by Blackstone - and talking about keeping the story fresh, how things have evolved, what it's like managing the show now that it's bigger, and what is held in store.

We start off with Chapter 25 which I assume you all have heard, tune in to around 1:08 (though I won't mind if you hear the first 10 mins where we play clips from my own show The Cleansed (http://thecleansed.com/) and play a promo for an incredibly awesome sci-fi show Minister of Chance (http://www.ministerofchance.com/The_Minister_of_Chance/Home.html))

Most important question: HOW DO YOU KEEP CREATING THE FRESH ZOMBIE FX??!!?!?

Enjoy :)

- Fred

Litmaster
Jul 20th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Thanks, Fred. I need to get caught up on "The Cleansed"!

ClearSights
Jul 20th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Sweet, good listen

Kc
Jul 23rd, 2012, 08:50 AM
I was a bit slow getting this to the news section on our sidebar and site, but I fixed that :)

Adventureless_Hero
Jul 23rd, 2012, 12:32 PM
At 1:17:52 the interview gets cut off but comes back on at 1:19:24. :S

I only listen to gripe about technical issues. :P

I was interested in the copy right stresses you mentioned early on. I imagined that as WA grew you'd get bogged down with all sorts of legal odds and ends. Is that a big portion of what consumes your time regarding We're Alive?

Kc
Jul 23rd, 2012, 12:39 PM
At 1:17:52 the interview gets cut off but comes back on at 1:19:24. :S

I only listen to gripe about technical issues. :P

I was interested in the copy right stresses you mentioned early on. I imagined that as WA grew you'd get bogged down with all sorts of legal odds and ends. Is that a big portion of what consumes your time regarding We're Alive?

It does. Years from now I'll discus it more at length.

Adventureless_Hero
Jul 23rd, 2012, 12:46 PM
Something you said in the interview made me think this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/adventureless_hero/KCsAgent.jpg

[edit]
I'm pretty sure we would all understand if you put production on pause for a while for your wedding. That's important, man!

You should get the WND folk to fill that void with actor interviews and stuff. Nik, you are getting plenty of sleep these days, right? Handling a podcast about a podcast will be easy peasy despite having a two year old by the time KC gets married. :P

Great interview!

Kc
Jul 23rd, 2012, 02:14 PM
Many productions do mid-season breaks now. It's not uncommon. I'm thinking about doing that.

Litmaster
Jul 23rd, 2012, 06:01 PM
Many productions do mid-season breaks now. It's not uncommon. I'm thinking about doing that.

No need! You can just pass of directing duties to Nikvoodoo, and various forum members can pick up the slack as mid-season fill-ins with the acting. It'll be great! I can do a passable Burt impression, and I"m sure 7odd and Hero can do some voice-work as Vic and Saul. Luna can be Gatekeeper (cause he's creepy and has questionable ethics and all), Yarri and Cupcake can do Riley's and CJ, and we've got Osiris as Scratch! PERFECT!

And if you haven't finished the writing part, we've got that covered, also-- just open a new thread for each unwritten chapter and various forum people can just write in and freestyle whatever plot development or dialogue seem to go with the story... it'll be just like one of those old 'Choose Your Own Adventure' books where we get to decide how the story goes!

Pretty good idea, don't you think, Kc?

***dial tone ***

Hello? Kc??

Kc
Jul 23rd, 2012, 09:24 PM
***dial tone ***
***This number has been disconnected or is no longer in service. Please hang up and try your call again***

Osiris
Jul 23rd, 2012, 09:34 PM
No need! You can just pass of directing duties to Nikvoodoo, and various forum members can pick up the slack as mid-season fill-ins with the acting. It'll be great! I can do a passable Burt impression, and I"m sure 7odd and Hero can do some voice-work as Vic and Saul. Luna can be Gatekeeper (cause he's creepy and has questionable ethics and all), Yarri and Cupcake can do Riley's and CJ, and we've got Osiris as Scratch! PERFECT!

And if you haven't finished the writing part, we've got that covered, also-- just open a new thread for each unwritten chapter and various forum people can just write in and freestyle whatever plot development or dialogue seem to go with the story... it'll be just like one of those old 'Choose Your Own Adventure' books where we get to decide how the story goes!

Pretty good idea, don't you think, Kc?

***dial tone ***

Hello? Kc??

But, I'm a dude, bro.

Vlarken
Jul 23rd, 2012, 09:46 PM
....I can do a decent Datu. :cool: (And Burt too, but I see he's already taken)

thisonegirl
Jul 23rd, 2012, 09:52 PM
But, I'm a dude, bro.

Haha, totally made my day. . . . I wonder why so many people think you're a girl.

Vlarken
Jul 23rd, 2012, 09:59 PM
Haha, totally made my day. . . . I wonder why so many people think you're a girl.

I think it's the avatar. I think people have also been thinking I'm a girl. :p

Osiris
Jul 23rd, 2012, 10:05 PM

That and the coloured text. What can I say? I like teal.

I think it's the avatar. I think people have also been thinking I'm a girl. :p

I thought you were a girl based off the name.

Vlarken
Jul 23rd, 2012, 10:31 PM
I thought you were a girl based off the name.

Ohh, yeah that makes sense when I think about it. I've just never thought about it sounding feminine because it was originally the name of a character in a series I wanted to write, and he was a guy. But yeah, with the 'ana' in the beginning it does sound sort of feminine.

Osiris
Jul 23rd, 2012, 10:32 PM
Ohh, yeah that makes sense when I think about it. I've just never thought about it sounding feminine because it was originally the name of a character in a series I wanted to write, and he was a guy. But yeah, with the 'ana' in the beginning it does sound sort of feminine.

This seems weird to me, but then you're a dude? I've been refering to you as 'she' in conversations. LOL. My bad, broseph.

Vlarken
Jul 23rd, 2012, 11:12 PM
This seems weird to me, but then you're a dude? I've been refering to you as 'she' in conversations. LOL. My bad, broseph.

Hahaha, that's fine. I mistook your gender in the beginning as well, if I remember correctly, and said some sort of embarrassing comment to you, so I think we're even. :D

thisonegirl
Jul 24th, 2012, 12:30 AM
I never thought you guys were girls. . . I just intuitively guessed you weren't, I guess. Glad you guys cleared the air, though! lol

Both of you seem awesome.

Litmaster
Jul 24th, 2012, 04:29 AM
But, I'm a dude, bro.

I know. I just figured you'd rather have Scratch than pussy-ass Datu. You want Bricks? He's a bad-ass...

Osiris
Jul 24th, 2012, 09:19 AM
I know. I just figured you'd rather have Scratch than pussy-ass Datu. You want Bricks? He's a bad-ass...

Hell no. Scratch all the way.

DannyBox
Jul 25th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Awesome

finalrune
Aug 7th, 2012, 06:52 AM
We're alive fans are awesome, this is a hilarious thread!

People who were wondering - the mysterious blank space midway through the interview is fixed. Woops. I intended to cut to the scene where Scratch and Lizzie have a little heart-to-heart, but ended up not being able to find it by airtime, and then forgot I left the blank space there during the bounce (I have a 3 mo. old so sometimes my brain does strange things these days)

New pod has been uploaded: http://www.radiodramarevival.com/episode-288-were-alives-kc-wayland-talks/