PDA

View Full Version : "ink" bulletproof!!!

bradarro11
Jul 6th, 2012, 04:43 AM
ok listening to ep10 r n r part 1, the guys have just rescued the others from the arena. they get back to the tower and pop ink in the chest! a lot of people have been saying that ink was wearing a bulletproof vest...
i listened carefully and micheals naration of the event says when ink stood up standing at least 6ft5 his gaze met saul's knife and when he turned to run micheal saw two smoking holes in his shirt?
he turned away from them to run and the holes were in his back??? burt said he put two in his chest, this would suggest the bullets went straight through... dont know if any one else noticed this and posted already, if so im sorry for time waisting.
ink obv has to be shot in the head to be killed!

nikvoodoo
Jul 6th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Not exactly. Michael noticed the holes in his shirt. If he's wearing a suit, that means the holes are in his chest (which would be protected by the bullet proof vest that Saul assumes he had on). Michael's quote is something to the effect of "As he turned to run, I noticed the holes in his shirt." He noticed it as he turned to run, not as he was running away.

Witch_Doctor
Jul 6th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Also, the jacket Ink was wearing would obscure the view of the back of his shirt.

nikvoodoo
Jul 6th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Also, the jacket Ink was wearing would obscure the view of the back of his shirt.

That's what I was drivin' at I just didn't spell it out ;)

Robzombie
Jul 6th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Ultimately, is what you're saying is that Ink did not get shot through the chest, or just hit in the chest and its a vest that was protecting him...leading to the possibility that Ink might not be a zombie at all?, or he acquired a vest before becomming a zombie, i'm not sure i follow what the point is...not that thats important, lol

Zombiphobe
Jul 6th, 2012, 12:02 PM
We do have examples of other zombies (Behemoths and Not-so-little-ones) with tough skin, where bullets to the chest don't seem to stop them. I don't think it's too crazy to believe that the one in the pinstripe suit might share this quality, even without an added bullet proof vest.

To be safe, if I were to run into the one in the pinstripe suit, I think I would opt for the headshot.

nikvoodoo
Jul 6th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Ultimately, is what you're saying is that Ink did not get shot through the chest, or just hit in the chest and its a vest that was protecting him...leading to the possibility that Ink might not be a zombie at all?, or he acquired a vest before becomming a zombie, i'm not sure i follow what the point is...not that thats important, lol

What I think bradarro11 was getting at (and correct me if I'm wrong) was TOWTM was shot clean through which is why Michael could see holes in his shirt after he turned.

My point was he has a suit jacket on, so you wouldn't see his shirt in the back so TOWTM was shot in the chest. My other point was Saul brought up the concept of TOWTM wearing a bullet proof vest which he would have been given as a high priority target when attending his insanity hearing/trial.

Witch_Doctor
Jul 8th, 2012, 09:44 PM
I agree with Nik, bradarro11 was suggesting that the bullets entered Ink's chest and exited his back.

bradarro11
Jul 9th, 2012, 04:36 AM
nick and witch are right i was getting at that the bullets couldve gone straight through him. however on closer inspection, yes micheals naration does state burnt holes in his shirt and not jacket, the thread didnt really have a good point... but i still think ink is a zombie.

ClearSights
Jul 9th, 2012, 10:20 AM
And like most zombie stereotypes, body shots don't really affect zombies

Penguine
Jul 14th, 2012, 09:30 PM
I still can not figure out why they are chest shooting anything. Everything that has dropped dead has taken a shot to the melon, with one exception unless I am mistaken and that would be the one that jumped through the window and kicked Saul in the chest and caused Tommy to turn. I think everything remotely non-human would be head shot. As soon as Ink spoke in the hall way they should have known something wasn't right. But I guess if Burt would of double headshot him it would have made for a quick end to the story.

Vlarken
Jul 22nd, 2012, 08:39 PM
What most everyone seem to be saying on here is that the only reason Ink wasn't killed was because he was hit with only body-shots. However, I think he is, like the thread title says, bulletproof; even headshots wouldn't drop him. This coincides with an earlier theory that I posted in a different thread: that Ink is not just a smart zombie, but a person entrusted by some Power to carry out the apocalypse.

I think his schizophrenia was actually real messages being sent to him by this Power; and, when the apocalypse broke out, he went to the cracks in the earth (which sent out the stuff that turns people to zombies), and purposefully exposed himself to whatever came out of them, thereby endowing himself with the power to carry out the apocalypse. So, as the chosen one, so to speak, I doubt he could be harmed with shots to the body, head, or anywhere else. I think it would be far harder to kill him.