PDA

View Full Version : Forum experiencing some issues-

Kc
Jun 25th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Ok, so this one may be beyond me. The forum has been acting very strangely and I have been trying to track down the issue. It's a SQL server issue I think, but I'm not sure. If you have any idea I'd love to hear em.

Kc
Jun 25th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Test post after this one... Testing out database stuff.

Kc
Jun 25th, 2012, 11:31 AM
test #2.

Kc
Jun 25th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Still having problems. This is a test.

reaper239
Jun 25th, 2012, 11:49 AM
the blog section is gone. at least for me it is. i'm not sure if it's something on my end or what, but... yeah.

Kc
Jun 25th, 2012, 11:50 AM
the blog section is gone. at least for me it is. i'm not sure if it's something on my end or what, but... yeah.

It'll be back... just need to fix some things first.

Kc
Jun 25th, 2012, 12:05 PM
test 5

Kc
Jun 25th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Just an update! So we have the navtabs back and a few systems back online. Facebook connect was causing the issue, so that's gone for now. The arcade needs a bit of fixing, but I can work on that later. The wiki nav bar is missing, but I'm aware and should have that fixed soon.

UPDATE: Arcade is up. That was simple.

ClearSights
Jun 25th, 2012, 05:55 PM
The "What's New" section is very odd looking when clicked on

Kc
Jun 25th, 2012, 06:12 PM
The "What's New" section is very odd looking when clicked on

It's now an activity stream. I think I'll disable that.

Hellbringer
Jun 25th, 2012, 09:06 PM
It's now an activity stream. I think I'll disable that.

Definitely looks weird in active stream. Could get used to it, though.

yarri
Jun 25th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Safari won't pick up the forum anymore for my iphone any suggestions? Yes yes I am that much of a junky Kc... don't judge me! :D

yarri
Jun 25th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Never mind I fixed it!!!! by my self thank you very much. Kc if anyone has issues with safari for Iphone tell them to go to settings clear out the cookies and history and reload the forum and it should work cause its what I did!

Osiris
Jun 25th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Some?!

Hellbringer
Jun 26th, 2012, 06:27 AM
I think I found a slight problem, but it's not really software bug related. When the activity stream is on, you can see all the latest messages, to include posts and threads that are in the spoiler section.

Is there a way to set the activity stream as an option, but not as the default when you click on "what's new?"

Kc
Jun 26th, 2012, 08:18 AM
I think I found a slight problem, but it's not really software bug related. When the activity stream is on, you can see all the latest messages, to include posts and threads that are in the spoiler section.

Is there a way to set the activity stream as an option, but not as the default when you click on "what's new?"

Good question. Not sure. Can you look into it? We use vbulletin. It would help me out if someone else worked on that one while I try to hunt down others.

VEE
Jun 26th, 2012, 08:26 AM
tapatalk?

Kc
Jun 26th, 2012, 09:02 AM
UPDATE: Wiki links fixed.
TO admins. Vbulletin added a new feature called "Navigation Manager" which changes how we list things. Very useful! But also, messed up a few things that required fixing. Just wanted to make you aware. Watch the video to see how it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSlO7rVJJRk&feature=player_embedded

UPDATE: What's New Fixed

Moved some code around. Old code:

search.php?{session.sessionurl}do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post

permissions
searchbuttons

Activity

activity.php{session.sessionurl_q}

search.activity

Hellbringer
Jun 26th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Good question. Not sure. Can you look into it? We use vbulletin. It would help me out if someone else worked on that one while I try to hunt down others.

I'll try to do some research tonight after work.

vbtester
Jun 26th, 2012, 10:28 AM
I'll try to do some research tonight after work.

No need. I (Kc) fixed it this morning. Didn't take but a few minutes to figure out. There was a bigger error that was in the way, but that one didn't take lon either. Now I'm just looking for the little bugs.

Hellbringer
Jun 26th, 2012, 02:43 PM
No need. I (Kc) fixed it this morning. Didn't take but a few minutes to figure out. There was a bigger error that was in the way, but that one didn't take lon either. Now I'm just looking for the little bugs.

woohoo! And I was just getting lost in the VB forums, too. Thanks for bailing me out with the life preserver there.

VEE
Jun 28th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Future Production calender appears to be empty.

Don't you dare!

Kc
Jun 28th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Future Production calender appears to be empty.

Don't you dare! Updated. I was just a little behind in updating that.

TCM Revolver
Jun 28th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Ima post this here.... I am very hit and miss with my ability to log in. When I load the site it takes me to the forum main page. I log in per ususal. It take me to a screen that says
now logging you in
Then it defaults back to the main forum page (not logged in). Usually it says something like

Thank you for logging in TCM Revolver...etc
That is on 2 computers and my iPhone. using Chrome, IE and Safari...

If you have any suggestions, email me. Can't check the forum regularly.... for now

Kc
Jun 28th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Ima post this here.... I am very hit and miss with my ability to log in. When I load the site it takes me to the forum main page. I log in per ususal. It take me to a screen that says
Then it defaults back to the main forum page (not logged in). Usually it says something like

That is on 2 computers and my iPhone. using Chrome, IE and Safari...

If you have any suggestions, email me. Can't check the forum regularly.... for now

Try clearing your cache out. I had that happen to me too. Looks like a glitch in version 4.2 - Not sure how to fix it, but I'm looking into it.

Kc
Jun 28th, 2012, 04:48 PM
I think it might have been a cookie problem. It should be fixed now. Try again?

Kc
Jun 29th, 2012, 03:35 PM
The mobile browser is working better than ever. The Mobile X theme will be phased out soon. The new one is "default mobile style"

yarri
Jun 29th, 2012, 06:30 PM
I think it might have been a cookie problem. It should be fixed now. Try again?

That's exactly what was wrong with my phone when I got rid of my cookies and history it reloaded a new version of the forum and worked.

Condor
Jun 29th, 2012, 09:11 PM
There seems to be an issue with the arcade scoreboard. At game end when trying to submit scores, it will either jump to the forum main page or just do nothing. I've noticed this specifically on Asteroids, Bookworm, & Bejeweled.

Kc
Jul 2nd, 2012, 08:39 AM
There seems to be an issue with the arcade scoreboard. At game end when trying to submit scores, it will either jump to the forum main page or just do nothing. I've noticed this specifically on Asteroids, Bookworm, & Bejeweled.

I'll check those out when i get a chance.

wh33t
Jul 2nd, 2012, 03:25 PM
I just want to point out that the Mobile version is slick and smooth. I can't browse the full site at all on my phone, but now that it automatically picks the mobile site it's awesome.

Kc
Jul 2nd, 2012, 03:28 PM
I just want to point out that the Mobile version is slick and smooth. I can't browse the full site at all on my phone, but now that it automatically picks the mobile site it's awesome.

Thanks! We'll continue to refine it as well. There's still a few little things to fix here and there, but it's almost done!

OH! and if you see anything that looks odd, just let me know.

Kc
Jul 2nd, 2012, 03:47 PM
Post from mobile test

Kc
Jul 2nd, 2012, 04:09 PM
Mobile again

Cabbage Patch
Jul 9th, 2012, 07:27 PM
My screen has been looking like this all afternoon:
http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2021&d=1341886927

I'm using Windows 7, Internet Explorer 9. I have the same problem on a desktop and laptop using the same basic setup, but everything looks normal on an iPad.

7oddisdead
Jul 9th, 2012, 07:32 PM
http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2021&d=1341886927

I'm using Windows 7, Internet Explorer 9. I have the same problem on a desktop and laptop using the same basic setup, but everything looks normal on an iPad.

same problem. But on wp7.(basically the same setup)

wh33t
Jul 9th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Stop using Internet Exploder ;) that's my advice.

Kc
Jul 9th, 2012, 08:36 PM

I have IE at work. I'll fix it tomorrow. There must be a problem in the postbit.

reaper239
Jul 10th, 2012, 05:36 AM
I have IE at work. I'll fix it tomorrow. There must be a problem in the postbit.

i was just on my way to post about this.

Kc
Jul 10th, 2012, 08:39 AM

Aaaaand fixed. No idea what it was or where the line of code went wrong. I grabbed the latest version and swapped out the modifications and it worked fine. Weird.

wh33t
Jul 10th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Aaaaand fixed. No idea what it was or where the line of code went wrong. I grabbed the latest version and swapped out the modifications and it worked fine. Weird.

Yea, but now this advertisement bar is getting in the way.

Kc
Jul 10th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Yea, but now this advertisement bar is getting in the way.

Fixed! Try it now. I think...

wh33t
Jul 10th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Fixed! Try it now. I think...

Pro. Nice work.

Kc
Jul 10th, 2012, 09:36 AM
I'm working on some better conditions, so hang in there.

UPDATE: Done. There are several ad conditions. IF on the main page, the advert goes under the chatbox. Nice and clean.
IF NOT, then it goes back to default position.

If you're not logged in, it's in default position.

These conditions are requirements of Google Ads.

reaper239
Jul 10th, 2012, 09:40 AM
yay, it been fixed.

http://wtfcontent.com/img/130192657377.jpg

:)

Cabbage Patch
Jul 10th, 2012, 09:54 AM

Everything's back to normal on my systems. Thanks!

wh33t
Jul 10th, 2012, 10:06 AM
I'm working on some better conditions, so hang in there.

UPDATE: Done. There are several ad conditions. IF on the main page, the advert goes under the chatbox. Nice and clean.
IF NOT, then it goes back to default position.

If you're not logged in, it's in default position.

These conditions are requirements of Google Ads.

Are you a web developer as well as all those other things?!

Kc
Jul 10th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Um. Not really. But I know enough code to be able to do some stuff round here. I'm an engineer so I like dabbling in the back-end of things, and figuring out how it works. Sometimes it's fun! So long as stuff doesn't break.

wh33t
Jul 10th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Um. Not really. But I know enough code to be able to do some stuff round here. I'm an engineer so I like dabbling in the back-end of things, and figuring out how it works. Sometimes it's fun! So long as stuff doesn't break.

Wow, so multi-talented. What kind of engineering do you do? Do you have a degree in it or just self taught? Did you also serve in the military?

Kc
Jul 10th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Wow, so multi-talented. What kind of engineering do you do? Do you have a degree in it or just self taught? Did you also serve in the military?
I was a broadcast engineer in the military, so I know a great deal about audio/video stuff. I knew a good deal from the civilian side, but I was also trained at the Defense Information School in Fort Meade Maryland. And my BFA was in Writing and Directing. I find the only way I'm happy is a mix of technical and artistic.

wh33t
Jul 10th, 2012, 10:21 AM
I was a broadcast engineer in the military, so I know a great deal about audio/video stuff. I knew a good deal from the civilian side, but I was also trained at the Defense Information School in Fort Meade Maryland. And my BFA was in Writing and Directing. I find the only way I'm happy is a mix of technical and artistic.

Shit yo! That's awesome. How long did you serve? Is that where/how you met Scott Marvin?

Kc
Jul 10th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Shit yo! That's awesome. How long did you serve? Is that where/how you met Scott Marvin?
That;s how we met. Served for 6 years.

wh33t
Jul 10th, 2012, 11:09 AM
That's so cool! So I guess that's where the strong military vibe from We're Alive comes from. So did you come up with the ideas for We're Alive while serving or was it something you thought of a before serving? How old are you btw?

Kc
Jul 10th, 2012, 11:33 AM
That's so cool! So I guess that's where the strong military vibe from We're Alive comes from. So did you come up with the ideas for We're Alive while serving or was it something you thought of a before serving? How old are you btw?
It's a mix. Some come from there, some ideas from others. I'm 30.

wh33t
Jul 10th, 2012, 12:16 PM
It's a mix. Some come from there, some ideas from others. I'm 30.

Incredible dude. Well I don't want to hijack this thread anymore, after all it's supposed to be about forum bugs lol. But I thank you for answering all those personal questions. If you ever need some help with some custom programming I'd be happy to assist if I can. I'm a web developer by trade. I work mostly in PHP/Mysql and Linux but I can do some design stuff as well. Keep up the good work!

Kc
Jul 10th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Oh sweet! Well, if you can think of any improvements here, let me know. Any bit helps.

wh33t
Jul 10th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Oh sweet! Well, if you can think of any improvements here, let me know. Any bit helps.

Honestly, I can't think of anything. You've done such a great job with these forums. All the cool reputation and rankings and such really give the site an extra dimension of interactivity. The main website is laid out a little strange, but it totally works! It's very artistic and I couldn't think of any way to change it to make it better as it functions pretty well already. The only thing I feel like We're Alive is missing is a Youtube presence, but you and I have actually already gone over that and you said you already tried the Youtube thing to no avail, which is a damn shame. You could be getting Youtube Partnership revenue everytime someone listens on the Youtube player, +comments, +likes, +trending +everything else that makes Youtube awesome. I know We're Alive is an auditory story, but simple imagery for visuals could give it a lot of depth too. Even images as simple as the cover art that only change when the scenes change would be huge! That's just my opinion though and the only thing I love more than We're Alive is Youtube, so maybe I'm not the best person to take advice from on the matter lol.

Kc
Jul 10th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Yeah, the main site will be refurbished soon enough too, something more CMS based and stuff. Just might take a little time. I have someone working on it now.

Kc
Jul 12th, 2012, 10:59 AM

Fixed.

DannyBox
Jul 26th, 2012, 01:19 PM
This official forum of mine all the high light news are at the bottom of the page and the threads are roll over to the left....i don't know if that a bug or my connection wish i doubt it

forgottenone
Jul 30th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Just wanted to mention, at the bottom of the home page, it lists today's birthdays. It doesn't seem to be updaing, OR everyday is Array's birthday.

Kc
Jul 31st, 2012, 02:09 PM
Just wanted to mention, at the bottom of the home page, it lists today's birthdays. It doesn't seem to be updaing, OR everyday is Array's birthday.
Odd, I don't see that.

forgottenone
Jul 31st, 2012, 04:12 PM
Odd, I don't see that.

Odd, it is gone now. But it had been there for a few days.. if not longer. The Zombies ate him.. No more birthday :). jk.

philophobiac
Oct 23rd, 2012, 08:21 PM
I am completely unable to listen to W.A. there are no episodes or anything! This update sucks dick.

ComradeNarf
Oct 23rd, 2012, 08:44 PM
I am completely unable to listen to W.A. there are no episodes or anything! This update sucks dick.

Are you trying to stream from the site, or listen via something else? I'm able to stream from the site, download directly, access through FeedBurner, and download through Zune.

nikvoodoo
Oct 24th, 2012, 04:11 AM
Www.zombiepodcast.com/episodes

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Nov 30th, 2012, 01:03 AM
Ah sorry, but I have to report that I got an Javascript alert message twice that informed me that I may not enter a single character post after entering this:

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3878-Dear-Otto-St%FCrcke&p=52406#post52406

However, it is longer than one character, obviously. And it caused the loss of 2 experience points. Well, that's not life threatening of course, but it leaves a bitter aftertaste as if I did something wrong on the forum. :(

Kc
Nov 30th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Ah sorry, but I have to report that I got an Javascript alert message twice that informed me that I may not enter a single character post after entering this:

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3878-Dear-Otto-St%FCrcke&p=52406#post52406

However, it is longer than one character, obviously. And it caused the loss of 2 experience points. Well, that's not life threatening of course, but it leaves a bitter aftertaste as if I did something wrong on the forum. :(

I'll fix that. You can have those 2 points back...

Deacon_Tyler
Nov 30th, 2012, 02:28 PM

Deacon lost 1653 experience points.

no wait, 32566 experience points....and something like 6034r2 in punitive damages.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Dec 1st, 2012, 02:56 AM

Oh, thank you very much. The auto save message popped up, I added a question mark and hit the post button. And then the whole calamity with the point loss happened. I am such a nuisance. Thanks again. :)

Osiris
Feb 12th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Bump for:

http://i.imgur.com/2HBdHuc.jpg

Osiris
Feb 12th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Also, not sure if this was ever addressed . . . the words "member list" and name have the bottoms cut off.

http://i.imgur.com/GEWTFS2.jpg

nikvoodoo
Feb 12th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Fixed the first one, just an iOS foible.

Second one....I don't have that issue on iPad. I'll check at work tomorrow, but i know I have google ads that push the user name/member list up from behind the gray box. That may be why the format look is kinda wonky.

turbo
Feb 12th, 2013, 08:36 PM
What browser are you using?

Osiris
Feb 12th, 2013, 08:37 PM
ff 18.0.2

turbo
Feb 12th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Mac or PC??

Osiris
Feb 12th, 2013, 08:38 PM
PC.

turbo
Feb 12th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Also, not sure if this was ever addressed . . . the words "member list" and name have the bottoms cut off.

http://i.imgur.com/GEWTFS2.jpg

Should be fixed now.

Osiris
Feb 12th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Like fucking j0be 2.0. Well done, sir.

Kc
Feb 12th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Should be fixed now.

You are awesome! For some stupid reason it reported the post. I think the mobile button is too close!

turbo
Feb 12th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Thanks! Haha yea I got the email that it was reported.
Does the phrase no good deed goes unpunished fit the reporting? :D ha

Osiris
Feb 12th, 2013, 09:47 PM
There. Big baby.

Osiris
Feb 12th, 2013, 09:50 PM
One day I'm going to get that beautiful gold bug. It'll be mine.

Osiris
Feb 13th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Got to be a way to fix this up . . .

http://i.imgur.com/i3rNaM0.jpg

Osiris
Feb 13th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Since we were on the subject of grammar hammering . . .

Grammar Points Total
Multiplier for the grammar points the a user has.

In fact, the entire section needs some cleaning.

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/xperience.php?go=earn

http://i.imgur.com/ntG1i0q.jpg