PDA

View Full Version : The Colony

werewolf
Jun 22nd, 2012, 08:18 PM
I was re watching the Colony that was on the Discovery channel over a year ago. In one of the episodes i heard a familiar voice and I had too come to the forum to see if i was right. I was right, Jenna McCombie.(scratch) I was wondering if she had bring that craziness to scratch character?

ClearSights
Jun 22nd, 2012, 08:42 PM
Damn hah, I use to watch that show and had no idea!

werewolf
Jun 22nd, 2012, 10:25 PM
it was on the first series episode 8 as the 2 colonist were searching a trailer park. shes there for a brief moment but shes there. Its on her bio page.

7oddisdead
Jun 26th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Yup...some of the best reality tv right there...wonder whatever happened to the third season..i know they were filming it in/around new York...sounded like a good urban environmental story arc..like season two but less gators..more rats

Cabbage Patch
Jun 26th, 2012, 06:42 PM
I loved that show, especially the first season. There were some things that were terribly unrealistic, like no one having guns (except that one group of traders), but I can understand how dramatically that could have changed the scenario. They had great information on how to use everyday materials to enhance survival, in ways that I think I could have duplicated (assuming I'd just seen the appropriate episodes).

7oddisdead
Jun 26th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Exactly..and it just goes to show how things like that can fail..im only assuming this, but I believe in season two the main reason they brought that tick guy into the colony was the people were starving and couldn't figure things out on their own..again, that's just the way I read into things.

GeneTwo
Jun 26th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Conflicts with other groups seemed forced, felt really fake, especially in the second season. It would have been better if there were more than one Colony competing with each other.

werewolf
Jul 6th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Conflicts with other groups seemed forced, felt really fake, especially in the second season. It would have been better if there were more than one Colony competing with each other.

then you have survivor, and that like the Simpsons should end.