PDA

View Full Version : Moderator and Content Help...

Kc
Jan 23rd, 2011, 01:49 PM
Are you interested in writing articles or blogs on the forum? The blog is a little different than the normal forum and allows for some really cool features. If you're interested, just let me know-

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Jan 23rd, 2011, 03:53 PM
I think it would be useful to add some details, before people decide to reply.

Some things that someone might want to know are how regularly the blog should be updated, how closely related the content should be to the podcast (is it 100% about We're Alive, or are the writers allowed to discuss some related shows or topics as well) and what your expectations are in general.

Just my $0.02

StepLaugh
Jan 23rd, 2011, 04:22 PM
I'd love to help, in any way I can, I've been mods on a few other websites, and I got some cool blog ideas.

Kc
Jan 23rd, 2011, 04:45 PM
I think it would be useful to add some details, before people decide to reply.

Some things that someone might want to know are how regularly the blog should be updated, how closely related the content should be to the podcast (is it 100% about We're Alive, or are the writers allowed to discuss some related shows or topics as well) and what your expectations are in general.

Just my $0.02

That's a good point. I'd say that it'd have to have some tie-in with We're Alive or subsequent content. If someone were to write an article about Walking Dead, I wouldn't mind, or if there's some new Zombie related genre, or other audio dramas, just has some tie to WA in some way. If someone were to write an aritcle about the steelers, that's another thing.

Those parameters and pertaining to Articles on the front page. Blogs on the other hand, just need to be yours and not offensive (language etc)
If you want to blog about the Steelers, that would be ok.

Does that work?

mascaria
Jan 23rd, 2011, 05:18 PM
I've been thinking about a zombie theme blog lately, like going through and different media (movies, music, tv shows, podcasts, art, fiction...) and doing reviews and things.

Doing it on zombiepodcast.com would bring some traffic to WA if said blog gets some traffic from off forum? Thoughts?

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Jan 23rd, 2011, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the clarification.
I myself wouldn't have a clue what to write about, so updates wouldn't be very frequently. Maybe if I get some inspiration I'd give it a shot, but for now I don't think I can live up to any expectations.

Still, I think these additional details will help other people decide if they'd like to help you out.

fraggot
Jan 23rd, 2011, 05:40 PM
I'd love to help write reviews, blogs or anything you need. I've been an admin/moderator on numerous forums for mostly games and such but I do have experience.

If you'd like some help, I'd be more then happy to volunteer some of my time.

StepLaugh
Jan 23rd, 2011, 05:44 PM
I know this might sound really stupid but how do tell if someone's a Moderator?

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Jan 23rd, 2011, 05:50 PM
On most forums, you'll see it because they have a differently coloured name, or because they have a title saying so.
However, neither of those seem to be the case here just yet.
Obviously, Kc and Wicked Sid are hard to miss ("Writer / Director" and "Community Manager"), but I think that'll come when everything is configured properly

StepLaugh
Jan 23rd, 2011, 09:38 PM
On most forums, you'll see it because they have a differently coloured name, or because they have a title saying so.
However, neither of those seem to be the case here just yet.
Obviously, Kc and Wicked Sid are hard to miss ("Writer / Director" and "Community Manager"), but I think that'll come when everything is configured properly

Yeah That's why I asked, I'm used to different colors and what not.

Spud
Jan 23rd, 2011, 10:30 PM
Yeah That's why I asked, I'm used to different colors and what not.

on the old forums we had green on our names and it said we we're moderators
i dont know if KC is setting up the old moderators again or anything. i just know Sid has Mod rights and KC has admin at the moment.

Kc
Jan 24th, 2011, 11:06 AM
on the old forums we had green on our names and it said we we're moderators
i dont know if KC is setting up the old moderators again or anything. i just know Sid has Mod rights and KC has admin at the moment.

Bages issued! mar- I made you a blogger usergroup.
Spud, if you want your old moderator tag back, let me know.

Spud
Jan 24th, 2011, 01:14 PM
id gladly be a mod again. i dont think i have the time to write blogs and such but i do check the forums quit a bit still and make posts

Big Fish
Jan 24th, 2011, 01:37 PM
I'd love to write some short blogs for the home page. I visit quite a few other zombie related sites, and would include game, movie, comic related articles.

Solanine
Sep 26th, 2011, 09:31 AM
I've been in conversation with Crowbar and revolver already but I'll help out however I'm needed. I can prob act as a mod or something, I have like the second or third highest activity and already have good rep and am fairly recognisable. or any other jobs you need doing. I'm not to experienced but I can learn...