PDA

View Full Version : Origins of the Little Ones

GeneTwo
Jun 20th, 2012, 03:07 AM
So I've been thinking about the first time the little ones were first mentioned. That was when Kalani and Angel took out two Behemoths. One they had to drop a building on and the other was already laid out almost dead. At the time I always figured that the Behemoths duked it out for territory or the food in the warehouse, but now I think its something more.

So here's my first theory:

So I believe that mostly everyone thinks that Pinstripe is the tattoo artist putting numbers on the little ones. Also there are different types of zombies all over the place: smart, big, fast, swimmers and the normals. The only type of zees that have been confirmed to be with Pinstripe are the normal/smart type. What if he were breading them so he can control them when they turned to Behemoths.

So back to the knocked out Behemoth near the warehouse. He was probably ambushed some how by Pinstripe. Then Pinstripe took its blood and infected some kids brought from the hospital or something like that. Then they started their change around the military warehouse.

Here's my nature/naturalist theory (this is a way out theory): :tinfoil:

I figure Behemoths are the Alphas of zombies. They have territory and their own packs, that being the normal zombies. You don't see packs of Behemoths running around the city after all. Anyway what if the National Guard Depot was a "mating/challenge" site. This explains why the area is cleared out regular zombies. Who would want to get in the middle of two big ones getting-it-on. :zombieglomp:

Each Behemoth brings an unchanged kid to the mating/challenge site. This is why there are only two little ones at the warehouse. The Behemoths duke it out and the winner/survivor infects the two kids and turns them into little ones.

Some how Pinstripe gets a hold of the little ones later on and tattoos them.

That's all I got so far, but what do you guys think?

7oddisdead
Jun 20th, 2012, 06:34 AM
interesting...

i suppose the question i would have about this theory is, where do the behemoths come from then? and also, if thats the case....why do we have evidence of behemoths in the workshop at the hospital?

i like the direction your taking with this..but the thing to keep in the back of your mind even with the most tinfoil hat/crackpot of all theory's is..does this idea break any rules of nature? does it follow at least half of what we already know..long as it does...have at..imagination running wild.

keep going with this...im working out some ideas myself ill sprinkle in when its all mapped out(in my mind)

reaper239
Jun 20th, 2012, 07:18 AM
So I've been thinking about the first time the little ones were first mentioned. That was when Kalani and Angel took out two Behemoths. One they had to drop a building on and the other was already laid out almost dead. At the time I always figured that the Behemoths duked it out for territory or the food in the warehouse, but now I think its something more.

So here's my first theory:

So I believe that mostly everyone thinks that Pinstripe is the tattoo artist putting numbers on the little ones. Also there are different types of zombies all over the place: smart, big, fast, swimmers and the normals. The only type of zees that have been confirmed to be with Pinstripe are the normal/smart type. What if he were breading them so he can control them when they turned to Behemoths.

So back to the knocked out Behemoth near the warehouse. He was probably ambushed some how by Pinstripe. Then Pinstripe took its blood and infected some kids brought from the hospital or something like that. Then they started their change around the military warehouse.

Here's my nature/naturalist theory (this is a way out theory): :tinfoil:

I figure Behemoths are the Alphas of zombies. They have territory and their own packs, that being the normal zombies. You don't see packs of Behemoths running around the city after all. Anyway what if the National Guard Depot was a "mating/challenge" site. This explains why the area is cleared out regular zombies. Who would want to get in the middle of two big ones getting-it-on. :zombieglomp:

Each Behemoth brings an unchanged kid to the mating/challenge site. This is why there are only two little ones at the warehouse. The Behemoths duke it out and the winner/survivor infects the two kids and turns them into little ones.

Some how Pinstripe gets a hold of the little ones later on and tattoos them.

That's all I got so far, but what do you guys think?

here's the problem i have wth the alpha idea, is that skittles already said that he observed that behemoths and normals don't get along, behemoths will try to kill normals, and normals will run away.

also skittles indicated that before he opened the food to eat, that the area was clear of behemoths, it didn't show up until after he ate the MRE on the premises. also, we don't know how many little ones were at the warehouse, they only estimated two, but there could've been more elsewhere.

GeneTwo
Jun 20th, 2012, 07:51 AM
here's the problem i have wth the alpha idea, is that skittles already said that he observed that behemoths and normals don't get along, behemoths will try to kill normals, and normals will run away.

Isn't that how alphas work? Keep the normal zees scared and in line, so they bring you fresh humans play with or tear up.

7oddisdead
Jun 20th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Isn't that how alphas work? Keep the normal zees scared and in line, so they bring you fresh humans play with or tear up.

i dunno dude..im almost thinking flip the roles around and you may be onto something..by this i mean little ones are the alphas..behemoths are the pack...im working on it....wheres my hat??

reaper239
Jun 20th, 2012, 08:48 AM

not quite, the alpha male is the leader of the pack, it's not just keeping everyone in line, it's having them follow your lead. to date we've seen no evidence that behemoths lead anything, and it's kind of hard to lead if no one will come near you. all of the other zed will work together for the furtherence of a common goal, but behemoths are loners.

now 7odd's idea may have some merit if we can come up with a place and time where we saw a behemoth following a thin mint's lead, but i can't think ofany off the top of my head (thin mint is my ne name for the little ones. i think it'll catch on.)

GeneTwo
Jun 20th, 2012, 08:39 PM
So how bout this. Sort of a mod of my first theory. So we still don't know the origins of the Behemoths but it seems the little ones turn into them. Also it doesn't seem like they are interested in creating more of their own type, maybe because whoever they bite they tend to tear up and eat.

So what if someone noticed that, like some tattooed dude wearing a suit (and probably Skittles, we haven't heard from him in a while). It seems that some types of zees are on the endangered list, like the swimmers. Skittles also thought that the jumpers were all dead too.

To keep the Behemoths from dieing out Pinstripe takes a big one out, gets its blood, and infects humans. Those infected turn into little ones and then tall-skinny-strong ones and then into Behemoths. In the first two stages, little and tall, they aren't strong enough to or are interested enough to finish off their victims so they turn into little or tall ones.

7oddisdead
Jun 20th, 2012, 08:43 PM
This is kinda what I've been thinking..the blood of behemoths is what creates thin mints...(I like it reaper)

reaper239
Jun 21st, 2012, 09:51 AM
This is kinda what I've been thinking..the blood of behemoths is what creates thin mints...(I like it reaper)

YES! it's catching on.

Witch_Doctor
Jun 21st, 2012, 12:07 PM
Tossing this one in from left field.
* The numbers represent the type of special zombies.
* There are at least 12 types of special zombies.
* The little ones are like special zombie larvae.
* They grow into the special kinds.
* There are scores of little ones, more than just 12. At the hospital, Kalani and Riley found lots and lots of nails.
* Kill a little one and no more of those come around.

12 is a spiritually, mythologically and religiously significant number.
Anyone want to paint a Last Supper painting of Zombies with Mr. Pinstripe Suit in the center?

7oddisdead
Jun 21st, 2012, 11:44 PM
* There are scores of little ones, more than just 12. At the hospital, Kalani and Riley found lots and lots of nails.
* Kill a little one and no more of those come around.

12 is a spiritually, mythologically and religiously significant number.
Anyone want to paint a Last Supper painting of Zombies with Mr. Pinstripe Suit in the center?

DUDE!

That will take me a minute to do...but I'll do it!..hell, i already have a good size canvas stretched for something like that! :D

GeneTwo
Jun 22nd, 2012, 01:53 AM
Birth place of the original Behemoths is more than likely Inglewood.

Birth place of Little Ones has got to be the National Guard Warehouse. Its too much of a coincidence to have 2 Behemoths and 2 Little Ones running around.

EpiEpee
Jun 22nd, 2012, 09:24 AM

Wait....are you saying the little ones are basically zombie stem cells?

I like the idea of the numbers representing the different types of zombies, but if that is the case, at which stage in their development are you hypothesizing that the zombies specialize? Unless I'm missing something it seems like what we've seen of the little ones/ adolescent little ones has suggested they are following a uniform developmental path.

Witch_Doctor
Jun 26th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Wait....are you saying the little ones are basically zombie stem cells?

I like the idea of the numbers representing the different types of zombies, but if that is the case, at which stage in their development are you hypothesizing that the zombies specialize? Unless I'm missing something it seems like what we've seen of the little ones/ adolescent little ones has suggested they are following a uniform developmental path.

Again, this is just a bit of brainstorming. To answer your first question, Yes, maybe, kinda. I was thinking more along the lines of like bee or ant larvae being cultivated into maturing into workers, drones or queens. If this is the case then we have seen only a short span of their life cycle i.e. little then bigger. We don't have much of a description of the other types of of special zombies except that both the Behemoths and jumpers are big and tall. I posted a comparison between the Behemoths and Mr Pinstripe Suit and the most recent description of the little ones. I'll try to find it and post it here.

Witch_Doctor
Jun 26th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Here it is...

One thing I have noticed is that Saul, in Chapter 30/2 13:10, discribes the dead little one as being 6'7". Remember, Chapter 11/1 10:10, after Burt reveals that they have no more rounds Mr. Pinstripe Suit gets up and stands over them. He's at least 6 and a half feet tall.

So at this point in the story we see that:

The littles ones, at least one, is the same height as Mr. Pinstripe Suit.
They have long stretch marks.
They have tough skins.
They have self-inflicted scratches.
They withstand body shots, head shots kill them. Chinook soilder says that skinny ones won't got down, Chapter 30/1 16:19. Glenn says two shots to the body ineffective but a shot to the head kills, Chapter 30/3 6:20.
They are rare.

Now, lets see which type, Behemoths vs. Mr. Pinstripe Suit, matches the current little ones (Skinny Ones).

Mr. Pinstripe Suit. But if they keep growing then perhaps Behemoths.
Behemoths.
Behemoths
WFT is this about? Faux tattoos? Pinstripes. Itchy skin? Behemoths.
Both, Mr. Pinstripe Suit was shot twice in the body by Burt in the tower but git up when he heard that there were no more bullets. He didn't even fuck with Saul when Saul pulled his knife. The Behemoths took shots to the body from Angel and Kalani but covered its face to block shots to the head, as if they know their head is a weak point.
Both, few Behemoths reported. TOWTM (Only one?). Still up in the air on this one. How did he get from the arena to the tower so fast? Of course, we don't have an accurate timeline for the last part of the Purgatory chapter.

littleone8
Jun 26th, 2012, 08:23 PM
We don't know what they exactly do with their dead. Just an idea, but maybe Ink does something like inject bacteria, virus, DNA, Steam Cells or zombie cancer into the dead and takes them to ground zero and they change. There should be a LOT of dead bodies, and this is getting into the frankenzombie thought process, but this could be how they are making the special zombies or at least some kind of the little ones.

EpiEpee
Jun 27th, 2012, 05:51 AM
Witch_doctor, that makes a bit more sense now, thanks for the clarification! I still think that if this is the case we should be seeing evidence of zombie adolescents who are beginning to specialize. Unless there are bunches of zombie cocoons somewhere so that the special types can emerge like zombie butterflies.....:-) (completely joking!)

Littleone8, I would assume not burying or burning them (they would have smelled evidence of burning flesh when at the arena otherwise). Don't zombie bodies decompose, when placed into a giant zombie compost pile? I thought that was what Angel and Riley wound up covered in when they were at the arena, but it's been a while since I've listened to that episode so I may be wrong.

Eviebae
Jun 27th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Witch_doctor, that makes a bit more sense now, thanks for the clarification! I still think that if this is the case we should be seeing evidence of zombie adolescents who are beginning to specialize.

They're the ones hanging out listening to rap and trying to look cool

I thought that was what Angel and Riley wound up covered in when they were at the arena, but it's been a while since I've listened to that episode so I may be wrong.
There were two piles. The first one was only zombies and was outside. The second one was inside and made up of humans and all icky sticky.

I know ants bury their dead. Michael, Saul and Angel were talking and one of them noticed a resemblance in their behavior to the zombies. Do you think that's a throw away line? Or does it indicate some sort of connection?

7oddisdead
Jun 28th, 2012, 02:49 AM
There were two piles. The first one was only zombies and was outside. The second one was inside and made up of humans and all icky sticky.

I know ants bury their dead. Michael, Saul and Angel were talking and one of them noticed a resemblance in their behavior to the zombies. Do you think that's a throw away line? Or does it indicate some sort of connection?

yes.

http://indianapublicmedia.org/amomentofscience/ants-and-their-dead/

interesting stuff, and reads veeeeery familar. ive been on this idea for a very long time

Bullethead
Jun 28th, 2012, 06:08 AM
maybe our heroes could just try and get a can of RAID and spray the zombies :D

Eviebae
Jun 28th, 2012, 07:07 PM
well, RAID is a neurotoxin...WAIT, that's it, that's what caused the zombies--an over abundance of RAID! heh, solved it.

That story about the ants says they bring back their dead and bury them in the dump outside to protect against contamination. That's not why they bring back their dead, that's why they bury them outside instead of inside. It doesn't answer what the value is in them bringing their dead back from outside the nest. Plus, if they are bringing food inside and storing it, why isn't that prone to contamination? I wonder why they bring them back...to escape detection...misdirection?

7oddisdead
Jun 28th, 2012, 07:28 PM
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

The world may never know

that was the first article I found in that moment..really, I don't know that I have ever seen WHY ants do that. best explanation given has simply been the oleic acid given off by a dead ant is like a homing beacon for the rest of the nest/colony, which that article did state..though not very well...for that matter, why do they stack their dead like cordwood?..apparently some colonies of ants create interesting shapes from piles of dead ants...hell if I know, ants are alien to me...but the similarities are there...for sure

Tielurrdee
Jun 29th, 2012, 12:56 AM
So I may be digging but I was re listining today to some episodes, and as we all know KC is very good at hiding small hints and details. Well here's a little stretch for you tin cap wearing folks. Ch2,3-3 at 15:40 angel compliments sals work on the hummer and refers to it as a "little behemoth" huh huh. It just kind of jumped out at me when I was listening. The word modified was in there too. So I'm just going to keep with the crazy theories of modifying zombies as a possibility in my little brain. I hope I'm in the proper section I'm tired .

Bullethead
Jun 29th, 2012, 04:08 AM
So I may be digging but I was re listining today to some episodes, and as we all know KC is very good at hiding small hints and details. Well here's a little stretch for you tin cap wearing folks. Ch2,3-3 at 15:40 angel compliments sals work on the hummer and refers to it as a "little behemoth" huh huh. It just kind of jumped out at me when I was listening. The word modified was in there too. So I'm just going to keep with the crazy theories of modifying zombies as a possibility in my little brain. I hope I'm in the proper section I'm tired .

What the hell im bored, i'll bite...I'd like to know where your going with this when you wake up. What are you hinting at? Maybe the heroes modifying the zombies or something?

Tielurrdee
Jun 29th, 2012, 06:46 AM
What the hell im bored, i'll bite...I'd like to know where your going with this when you wake up. What are you hinting at? Maybe the heroes modifying the zombies or something?

Oh god no I'm just saying I think that maybe it was a hint thrown in the story that maybe behemoths can be "little" it's been assumed by other characters that behemoths couldn't even be human. (I'm thinking that's because of their size or grotesqueness) I just wanted to stir the pot that is the theory that the little ones become behomoths. And possibly that they were modified to be that way but not by our main characters. KC knows the base line for the story and his characters which im sure includes the zombies. Could he of left this clue so small here? That's just my 2 cents and just a little something I may have caught that I thought some of the hardcore believers of that theory would like to know

Bullethead
Jun 29th, 2012, 08:23 AM
ahh ok i gotcha, good catch.

Personally I'd like to think they don't grow to become bohemoths. But they very well may. I mean we haven't seen one in forever and we very rarely see the little ones so i guess it is pretty plausible.

Robzombie
Jun 29th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Well the Behemoths have stretch marks which indicate rapid growth, which indicate again a change from something to something else. Now is it a change from human to behemoth or are there changes in between that we've seen already. The little ones seem to have gone from literally little, fast moviing zombies, to tall skinny zombies.

Personally I think that either,
1) people are affected differently, and your development has but only a few possible outcomes. Ie you become a behemoth, a skinny one, a standard zombie, a runner, etc...(I think at best this may be partly correct but very short of being a complete answer);
2) everyone affected bacame the standard zombie, with variations in skill/intelligence based on your previous mental capacity (Radon labs zombie-very smart, or had their brains wired differently, Ink-schizophrenic);

I think both are happening, but does not answer fully to my liking where the specialized zombies come from.

Perhaps specialized zombies are the result of different virus strains from the outset or a single virus that had quickly mutated into those different strains producing different zombies. Or these specialists are the result of genetic engineering either previous to the outbreak or result from the opportunity provided by the outbreak. Although I really don't think that Ink in his previous life was some billionaire geneticist conducting secret experiments nor was anyone else.
I'm thinking the supply of specialist zombies came from Cain General Hospital and Cain Mental Hospital, otherwise known as The Devils Workshop, and Ink has just been "smart" enough to know how to co-ordinate and lead them. I think the specialist zombies are just a "natural" result of the virus and all Ink has been doing is sharpening some of their nails and inking them, why?? I have no frigin clue....

Eviebae
Jun 29th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Although I really don't think that Ink in his previous life was some billionaire geneticist conducting secret experiments nor was anyone else.

Ink seems to be behind the specialized zomboids; I wonder if he's behind the zomboids period (his tattoos suggest this but who knows) which would explain how he knows how to control the modifications. It's worth noting that none of the characters has noticed any of the other zombies having number tattoos.

I wonder if the fingernails/fingers Riley et al crunched underfoot were shed or sharpened and the why and how of it all.

Whatever caused the mutations, he seems to have a very fine-tuned ability to specialize the results. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think he was already mutated when he was arrested.

7oddisdead
Jun 30th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Ink seems to be behind the specialized zomboids; I wonder if he's behind the zomboids period (his tattoos suggest this but who knows) which would explain how he knows how to control the modifications. It's worth noting that none of the characters has noticed any of the other zombies having number tattoos.

I wonder if the fingernails/fingers Riley et al crunched underfoot were shed or sharpened and the why and how of it all.

Whatever caused the mutations, he seems to have a very fine-tuned ability to specialize the results. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think he was already mutated when he was arrested.

ya know..i was actually thinking about the whole fingernails thing today at work. we've been told of the nail clippings found at the hospital, but i've been thinking of just how long would the nails have to be for them to be "sharpened" to any type of useful legth? i try to imagine human nails, the length needed to shape into points..the structual strength of the nail itself...etc. and i cant help but wonder if perhaps kalanis throwaway line of "somebody been trimming a great dane"(paraphrase) may be a bit closer to the truth. i for one question if these little ones really have that much "human" still remaining...

and i love the idea of ink's pre-outbreak mutation..makes sense to me :)

Eviebae
Jun 30th, 2012, 09:58 AM
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

The world may never know

that was the first article I found in that moment..really, I don't know that I have ever seen WHY ants do that. best explanation given has simply been the oleic acid given off by a dead ant is like a homing beacon for the rest of the nest/colony, which that article did state..though not very well...for that matter, why do they stack their dead like cordwood?..apparently some colonies of ants create interesting shapes from piles of dead ants...hell if I know, ants are alien to me...but the similarities are there...for sure

Not a complaint towards you but towards the science writer. I agree whole heartedly. I assume it's supposed to be either a nod or red herring towards gene splicing.

Eviebae
Jun 30th, 2012, 10:06 AM
i cant help but wonder if perhaps kalanis throwaway line of "somebody been trimming a great dane"(paraphrase) may be a bit closer to the truth. i for one question if these little ones really have that much "human" still remaining...

You mean Ink's been trimming the nails--not that they were taken/fell off? I thought maybe they were shed.

One thing about having the zomboids change so dramatically in shape and function--what happens to the old structures that can't stretch or grow? Like teeth? Tiny human teeth in a huge mouth seems functionally awkward. If things like your fingernails or hair can't grow; they'd have to fall off.

Witch_Doctor
Jun 30th, 2012, 10:28 AM
WOW everyone. This is a lot to take in. I think I can see a picture emerging. Whether it is a real picture or a case of pareidolia it remains to be seen.

Witch_doctor, that makes a bit more sense now, thanks for the clarification! I still think that if this is the case we should be seeing evidence of zombie adolescents who are beginning to specialize. Unless there are bunches of zombie cocoons somewhere so that the special types can emerge like zombie butterflies.....:-) (completely joking!)

Ha Ha. Zombees and Night of the Larvae Dead. :cool:

Question:
Why haven't we seen the special zombies anywhere else but the heart of L.A.? CJ asks this question to Victor when he says that none of the weird zombies were south in the Colony.
Answer(?):
They come from Ground Zero. Maybe not specifically underground but some how GZ has an effect on their development.

We don't know what they exactly do with their dead. Just an idea, but maybe Ink does something like inject bacteria, virus, DNA, Steam Cells or zombie cancer into the dead and takes them to ground zero and they change. There should be a LOT of dead bodies, and this is getting into the frankenzombie thought process, but this could be how they are making the special zombies or at least some kind of the little ones.
Also, listen to R&R, Chapter 11/2, 6:12. Kalani describes his experience at the Other Tower. He tells how their convoys to Ground Zero reports strange creatures, "some that run fast, jump high you get the picture."

Question: What does Mr. Pinstripe Suit have to do with the special ones? Franken-zombies don't seem to appeal to anyone. Seems like most people are hoping that the story doesn't go into that direction.
Answers(?):
Who knows? But we CAN speculate with what we DO know.
1) Ink is described as a paranoid schizophrenic in Chapter 2.
2) An Inked up Zombie has voodoo tattoos on his hand.
3) Most think that they're probably the same.
Check out these posts:

.... In the beginning of the show, the news reporter said that Ink was a paranoid schizophrenic. I think that his schizophrenia was actually visions from a force that wanted him to lead a legion to eradicate all people. After the whole outbreak started, Ink's visions told him to go to the cracks that appeared in the earth, and let himself be infected with the disease directly. So, since he was the one meant to lead, his infection endowed him with the power to do so.
I also think that the different types of biters are the result of Ink using his power to warp humans/biters into new and different forms, so that they'll be more effective when he decides to go to war....

Ink, Bill, It's Paul, what ever has been under the control of some force or entity or crazy-asses bath salts. This influence or possession (Hey, a Voodoo reference) is diagnosed as Paranoid Schizophrenia. He kills people and gets arrested. Sent to Eastern Bay for a year until being moved to Cain. News report says, in a partial clip, "The family was said to have been devastated." Back to the Voodoo references, certain entities relating to the symbols (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3310-quot-Ink-quot-the-origin-and-meaning-of-his-tattoos&p=42498&viewfull=1#post42498) on his hand exist in families. Scratch, Angel and possibly Durai are part of some sort of families. Now, the symbolic connections may only be just that, symbolic. I'm not saying that Scratch and Angel are some sort of Voodoo deities.
The news report regarding the family was just a small snippet since Lizzy was fast forwarding the recording. Yet, each of the snippets seems to have some significance to the story.

What do you guys think?

Witch_Doctor
Jun 30th, 2012, 10:29 AM

I like this. Foreshadowing is a popular technique.

GeneTwo
Jun 30th, 2012, 03:04 PM
With a little constructive criticism from 7oddisdead and reaper239, I replayed the episodes where Behemoths were mentioned and I came up with a few new theories.

For now I'm going on the naturalist theory, that the zombies were created through the haze, and the different types of zombies were people with natural abilities:

high iq = smart zombies
runners = fast zombies
strong = Behemoths
b-ballers = jumpers
normal folks = reg-zombies
surfers = swimmers

But the next generation of zombies, little ones, skinny tall ones, were planned by Pinstripe.

And about the Alpha zombies, there are the smart zombies but there is only one true zombie Alpha and that's Pinstripe. He is the only known zombie/whatever to coordinate attacks and most of all, to plan.

I was wrong thinking that Behemoths controlled weaker zombies. I always thought the Behemoth at the stadium controlled the zombies there, making them bring in live people to feed it, but thats not it at all. The stadium zombies were being controlled by Pinstripe. That's why, when the stadium was destroyed they returned to the Hospital, where Pinstripe's HQ is.

So what were Pinstripe's zombies doing at the stadium? I can only think of 2 scenarios. The first, they were trying to make new Behemoths by bringing in live people for the Behemoth to chomp on and infect. The second is, they were trying to keep the Behemoth in the stadium - by feeding him - till Pinstripe could figure out how to take it down, get its blood, and infect people.

I don't know why but another theory popped into my head thinking about this. This has no basis in the story but I thought I would mention it. What if one of Pinstripe's early plans to take down a Behemoth was to use Jumpers and Skittles happened to be in the area to witness it. All the Jumpers died, so Pinstripe changed plans from force to appeasement and set up the stadium.

Witch_Doctor
Jun 30th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Birth place of the original Behemoths is more than likely Inglewood.

Birth place of Little Ones has got to be the National Guard Warehouse. Its too much of a coincidence to have 2 Behemoths and 2 Little Ones running around.

There were three Behemoths. A dying one, the one that Angel & Kalani killed with the building and the one with the arrow in its eye.

Eviebae
Jun 30th, 2012, 09:44 PM
There were three Behemoths. A dying one, the one that Angel & Kalani killed with the building and the one with the arrow in its eye.

It went from comatose to fairly frisky in seconds after waking up. I thought it had eaten a lot and was sleeping it off (the meals from the wrappers on the ground) but a lot of other people seem to think it it was dying.

Robzombie
Jul 1st, 2012, 12:17 AM
In regards to comments about how the different zombies were mainly only seen around ground zero...it just seems to me that its an issue of exposure....longer exposure creates different/stronger, more varied mutation....

My own opinion is that ink has absolutely nothing to do with what these other zombies are....he's just been able to become some kind of leader, his f'd up schizo mind has benefited him and hes just leading them and messing around with making them more deadly ( sharpening claws) yet i still cant make sense of the tattooing, other than he was a fan of tattoos himself, yet there must be some signifigance to the numbering found on some zombies????

bradarro11
Jul 3rd, 2012, 04:43 AM
i gather the numbers on the zombies arms are placed there by "ink" himself when the zombie is either a normal or even human ( riley and kolani's refference to the drag marks and blood everywhere in the mental wing of the hospital ), but does he then place the zombie in the haze to further there abilities, or use already turned specials to do this. i doubt very much that it will be cleared up any time soon, so we can keep on speculating... oh joy....

Eviebae
Jul 21st, 2012, 03:28 PM
i gather the numbers on the zombies arms are placed there by "ink" himself when the zombie is either a normal or even human ( riley and kolani's refference to the drag marks and blood everywhere in the mental wing of the hospital ), but does he then place the zombie in the haze to further there abilities, or use already turned specials to do this. i doubt very much that it will be cleared up any time soon, so we can keep on speculating... oh joy....

We do know that there was a room with a make-shift tattoo maker-thingee (gah, can't remember name). There was blood all over the place and spare body parts. But that ex-friend of Glen and Pete sure got his tattoo pretty fast! Guess he was shown the way to the hospital or had some sort of homing instinct.

Even if Ink isn't making the different ones; he's keeping track of them. Why? At first I thought it was to keep track of iterations of mutations--like "when you sharpen their fingers and this happens" type notes. Now I don't know.

Witch_Doctor
Jul 22nd, 2012, 03:06 AM
[QUOTE=Eviebae;45316]But that ex-friend of Glen and Pete sure got his tattoo pretty fast! Guess he was shown the way to the hospital or had some sort of homing instinct.
QUOTE]

I could never tell if this was the case. Did their friend, Roman, have a tattoo or were they talking about the one that attacked him?

thisonegirl
Jul 22nd, 2012, 05:33 AM
I could never tell if this was the case. Did their friend, Roman, have a tattoo or were they talking about the one that attacked him?

He had number 12, the one who attacked him was number 6, I believe. I remember something like "the lines of the number were crooked" or something like that. I forget who said it, but that to me kinda sounded like the "little ones" are trained to number those they turn.

ferroaj
Sep 17th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Eyes are traditionally "windows to the soul". In the LO's case, their eyes are still clear, which is why I'm thinking these are some human/zombie hybrid. They still have a hint of clarity, of humanity. We don't have much evidence of it, but I believe the Little Ones are really smart. Eyes also communicate intelligence--think to all of the people who describe an encounter with a whale or dolphin "you can just look into its eyes and you know that it's thinking". I think they're perfectly capable of learning, planning, using tools and technology. Plus, they're developing physically and it only makes sense that they'd be developing mentally too. It's possible that the transition from human to LO just resets all of the synapses of their brains. The infection grows valves and arteries on hearts, so rewiring a brain isn't too farfetched. It's almost like they're children all over again -- relearning how to manipulate their environments to get the outcomes they want. From then on, it's operant conditioning. Good behaviors get repeated; You learn from what you observe, so sit in the shadows or hang in the trees and watch. If they can still understand the concept of death (something a normal zombie doesn't even consider), they can feel danger, maybe even fear, which would further encourage careful planning and risk analysis.

I'm pretty stuck on the idea that Ink is their creator, and we know there are at least 12, right? I love the idea that we have NO idea how many he's created. He could still be creating and numbering away in his lab. The fact that Ink numbers his creations intrigues me. Normally, things that you care about (even lab subjects) have names. Numbers are the opposite of humanizing. Numbers are for criminals and masses. The Jews in Auschwitz were tattooed with numbers, too. The human survivors are clinging to names as a societal comfort, and they get uncomfortable when that is taken away, like Kimmet's refusal to read Carl's nametag.

So what if their selection isn't so much an honor. Maybe it's a punishment. It could explain the self-inflicted wounds too. It could be repentance, a pain response, a response to psychological trauma, who knows? Maybe retaining some humanity is actually a curse for the special ones... Maybe they can still feel all their human emotions?

Robzombie
Sep 18th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Perhaps the scratches are indeed self inflicted...babies will claw at themselves and if their nails are not clipped, or if they do not have those little baby mitts (made because babies scratch themselves) they will get scratches, but not so much on the forearms than around the face and eyes. Now consider a baby that had been turned, well eventually these babies got claws, and more signifigant scratching now until it grows out of it.

Or another idea is that those scratches are how Ink turned them. He found them in the nursery and claimed them as his own. He "gently" clawed at them, then named (tattooed) them according to basinet #'s. They are his children so to speak.

Penguine
Sep 18th, 2012, 09:12 AM
I think Im liking this whole baby transformation theory it makes sense. If there were 12 babies in the Nursery the numbering makes sense. To go one step further what do you think he would have done with the babies in the NICU? Those are the babies that are not as healthy or might have other issues, think he would of played with them? twisted...