PDA

View Full Version : We're Not Dead #40

nikvoodoo
Jun 18th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Hello We're Not Dead Heads! Post your thoughts and theories on this week's episode!

Also, if you have any questions for Auction Winner Dr. Jason (you know...that dude that won auction for the walk on roll for WA and was featured in 29-3) ask them here! He will join us on this week's episode.

Kram
Jun 18th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Ask Dr. Jason if he has had any other acting experience -- he did great!

VEE
Jun 19th, 2012, 12:44 AM
Ask Dr. Jason whether I should be worried about this insatiable itching I have down below.

Bullethead
Jun 19th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Ask Dr. Jason if there was a more humane way to put Angel down. Is he worried about a malpractice lawsuit?

Adventureless_Hero
Jun 19th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Ask Dr. Jason what his opinion is on the outbreak? He has medical experience! We have an opportunity to get a VERY educated opinion on how little ones are created, what the behemoths could be, and how the haze could affect the human body in such a way as to create a rage-zombie-type person.

Also, Nik, this is going to sound asinine, and I know you love an ass that rates at a nine, but would you do me a favor in one of the episodes (not necessarily this one since we have a guest from the show on). Would you call out user GutsyCoyote. He says I take a shit ton of his ideas and post them here and then they get mention on We're Not Dead, but it's more accurate to say that when we are drinking together we collaborate on ideas. I end up posting my opinion which often go in line with his theories, but may lead somewhere else. Anyway, I get tired of him saying I'm stealing his ideas. Call him out and see if we can't get his bitch ass to post on the forums too! lol.

nikvoodoo
Jun 19th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Also, Nik, this is going to sound asinine, and I know you love an ass that rates at a nine, but would you do me a favor in one of the episodes (not necessarily this one since we have a guest from the show on). Would you call out user GutsyCoyote. He says I take a shit ton of his ideas and post them here and then they get mention on We're Not Dead, but it's more accurate to say that when we are drinking together we collaborate on ideas. I end up posting my opinion which often go in line with his theories, but may lead somewhere else. Anyway, I get tired of him saying I'm stealing his ideas. Call him out and see if we can't get his bitch ass to post on the forums too! lol.

So let me get this straight: GutsyCoyote claims you steal his ideas, that you post them, but he, as a forum member, hasn't been active in a calendar year from what I see from my records? Man....that's a pretty rough burden of proof he's laid upon this case....

I guess he's going to have to start coming onto the forums to post his ideas so they don't get pilfered by a hero who lacks adventure. Otherwise it's basically impossible for me to give him credit for anything. Unless we just randomly start assigning some of your posts to him of course.

Adventureless_Hero
Jun 19th, 2012, 07:53 AM
So let me get this straight: GutsyCoyote claims you steal his ideas, that you post them, but he, as a forum member, hasn't been active in a calendar year from what I see from my records? Man....that's a pretty rough burden of proof he's laid upon this case....

I guess he's going to have to start coming onto the forums to post his ideas so they don't get pilfered by a hero who lacks adventure. Otherwise it's basically impossible for me to give him credit for anything. Unless we just randomly start assigning some of your posts to him of course.

Well, these ideas he has are not completely original. They are good, and insightful, but there are hundreds of members who think the same thing. So, I just warned him that I was going to ask you to call him out sometime.

But, we have Dr. Jason coming on the show! Dude, this is exciting! Like when Professor Michio Kaku comes out on NOVA or something. I'm hoping this episode of WND has a lot of scientific discussion. :D

7oddisdead
Jun 19th, 2012, 08:03 AM
dude...yea...get the doc to analyse the science-y stuff from the ink tatoo artwork! be nice to hear a professional opinion. not us google-jockeys...

nikvoodoo
Jun 19th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Keep in mind just because he's a doctor doesn't mean he would necessarily know about certain things. We can try to tilt the conversation that way, but there's a difference between medical doctor and biomechanical scientist.

Adventureless_Hero
Jun 19th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Yeah, the difference is the spelling!

I know he knows everything! His title says so! DON'T LIE TO US NIK! He has all the answers!

nikvoodoo
Jun 19th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Yeah, the difference is the spelling!

I know he knows everything! His title says so! DON'T LIE TO US NIK! He has all the answers!

shhhhhh....shhhhh.....it'll be ok sweetie....shhhh.....shhhhhhhhhhh........

awkwardalex
Jun 19th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Jason, did you have the whole script (or your section) or just your lines?

I ask because you say the line, "He's dying." Did you know that you were talking about angel?

If you knew how crazy was that?
If not, what did you think?

Great Job!

Lukas A.
Jun 19th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Ask Dr. Jason what he has a doctorate in

7oddisdead
Jun 19th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Jason, did you have the whole script (or your section) or just your lines?

I ask because you say the line, "He's dying." Did you know that you were talking about angel?

If you knew how crazy was that?
If not, what did you think?

Great Job!

I can tell ya because I have a script...there are very few notes of direction when it comes to things like that. But..if he had a full script angel would have been noted with lines. Standard issue scripts are exactly what we hear on the podcast..not much more.

7oddisdead
Jun 19th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Keep in mind just because he's a doctor doesn't mean he would necessarily know about certain things. We can try to tilt the conversation that way, but there's a difference between medical doctor and biomechanical scientist.

There's mech's in the story?...how did I miss that?

VEE
Jun 20th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Ask Dr. Jason what his opinion is on the outbreak? He has medical experience! We have an opportunity to get a VERY educated opinion on how little ones are created, what the behemoths could be, and how the haze could affect the human body in such a way as to create a rage-zombie-type person.

This was totally my own idea.

Privateer
Jun 20th, 2012, 01:08 AM
I'm curious if, as a medical professional, Dr. Jason has any opinion on how Ft. Irwin is managing disease control? What measures does he think Irwin or Boulder should take in regards to the zombie outbreak? Can he think of any less then obvious issues Boulder or Irwin might have in the general practice of medicine?

Don't know if there are good answers to that, but, would certainly be interesting to hear ideas!

clem131
Jun 20th, 2012, 03:51 AM
I have been missin a few forum discussions lately, so forgive me if it has been mentioned elsewhere: in the last WND you guys discuss possible motives behind the decision Scratch made of keeping Lizzie safe. I did not hear you mention the following possibility:

during the first reading live, the lovely Jenna said during the Q&A session that we would discover something about the past of not-so-lovely Scratch which will paint her in a different way. She also mentioned, when you had her interviewed on WND, that she could not deliver a certain (unknown to us) line until KC told her something about Scratch and then she got it right immediately.
I think there is the possibility that Scratch had a miscarriage in the past, or was raped or had some kind of brutal experience in that "area", and upon walking in on Tardust trying to rape Lizzie this past experience flashed on her, she felt sympathetic with Lizzie and intervened - in a brutal way according to her nature- to prevent it from happening. This would be the only thing resembling a human gesture from her ever in the series, as even with Angel she was maternal and caring only to extract information from him, and she would never admit to it, but it makes sense to me. In this hypothesis, the line Jenna had to deliver many times before KC told her that certain something was the "You're sick..." line.

Lukas A.
Jun 21st, 2012, 10:26 AM
I have been missin a few forum discussions lately, so forgive me if it has been mentioned elsewhere: in the last WND you guys discuss possible motives behind the decision Scratch made of keeping Lizzie safe. I did not hear you mention the following possibility:

during the first reading live, the lovely Jenna said during the Q&A session that we would discover something about the past of not-so-lovely Scratch which will paint her in a different way. She also mentioned, when you had her interviewed on WND, that she could not deliver a certain (unknown to us) line until KC told her something about Scratch and then she got it right immediately.
I think there is the possibility that Scratch had a miscarriage in the past, or was raped or had some kind of brutal experience in that "area", and upon walking in on Tardust trying to rape Lizzie this past experience flashed on her, she felt sympathetic with Lizzie and intervened - in a brutal way according to her nature- to prevent it from happening. This would be the only thing resembling a human gesture from her ever in the series, as even with Angel she was maternal and caring only to extract information from him, and she would never admit to it, but it makes sense to me. In this hypothesis, the line Jenna had to deliver many times before KC told her that certain something was the "You're sick..." line.
I recently relistened to these episodes and it seems to me that scratch knew or had a good idea that Lizzie was Prego as soon as she saw her puke.

Adventureless_Hero
Jun 21st, 2012, 12:31 PM
I recently relistened to these episodes and it seems to me that scratch knew or had a good idea that Lizzie was Prego as soon as she saw her puke.

I agree. I had posted that same thought somewhere in the Chapter 21 discussions. The way way Scratch suddenly took an interest in how Lizzy kept puking, "You're sick, aren't you?" You could tell there was a lot on her mind and that suspicions of Lizzy being pregnant were on her mind. Despite folks saying that Scratch is the type to be so cold as to kill a pregnant woman, I have to disagree. She may kill Lizzy after she gives birth, but I don't think she'd want an unborn infants blood on her hands. Besides, I imagine children are missed in this world. Think of the movie Children of Men (one of my all time favorites); in that dystopian future, the baby represented hope. The birth of Lizzy's baby could be the turning point in the story.

Kram
Jun 21st, 2012, 02:29 PM
Yeah, Adventureless_Hero, I was thinking along these lines too -- of children being missed.

I posted this in the Ch30 P2 thread:

Regarding Lizzie being protected -- perhaps Durai or Scratch is just really into long-term planning. Raising a child would be a big drain on resources, but maybe the relative safety of the Colony makes it seem possible. It would probably take at least ten or twelve years for such an investment to pan out for Durai/Scratch -- but if they want to survive long-term, they are going to need new fighters/workers to replace the ones they lose. They are definitely ruthless enough to use child soldiers / slaves.

I'm really not sure about this idea though -- the theory that Lizzie and the baby are being kept as bargaining chips is probably more likely. The Mallers' increased security at the Colony is the only reason why I think D/S might be considering the far future potential of Lizzie's baby.

I think any characters planning for the long-term survival of humanity, like Kimmet, will also know how important it is to continue to have children.

nikvoodoo
Jun 22nd, 2012, 07:03 AM
The Good News: We recorded episode #40 (WND is over the hill) last night. It was awesome and Dr. Jason is a wicked smart, insightful and hilarious guy! It was a really awesome episode!

The Bad News: You may never get to hear it. We're experiencing some technical difficulties at the moment and are trying to salvage one of the audio files. If push comes to shove, we will re-record the episode. So if the podcast isn't out today, you now know why. We have our best guys (Beez) working on it.

And I will start the teasing now: You will be getting an off week episode! And it will be an interview of a cast member. Begin speculation.....now!

7oddisdead
Jun 22nd, 2012, 07:14 AM
Greg friggin miller...seems obvious

Not so obvious?...Kevin flood..(never did get him on after last dying breath)

Adventureless_Hero
Jun 22nd, 2012, 07:43 AM
-_-

Adventureless_Hero
Jun 22nd, 2012, 08:32 AM
The Bad News: You may never get to hear it. We're experiencing some technical difficulties at the moment and are trying to salvage one of the audio files. If push comes to shove, we will re-record the episode. So if the podcast isn't out today, you now know why. We have our best guys (Beez) working on it.

I was going to report this post under the grounds that I find it problematic. : (

nikvoodoo
Jun 22nd, 2012, 08:36 AM
I was going to report this post under the grounds that I find it problematic. : (

You can report it, but I don't think I'm going to take much action against myself :p

7oddisdead
Jun 22nd, 2012, 08:40 AM
You can report it, but I don't think I'm going to take much action against myself :p

(Resists making terrible, horrible jokes) :hsugh:

nikvoodoo
Jun 22nd, 2012, 06:15 PM
Ok guys, the episode has been released and here is the official disclaimer to this particular episode:

As I said earlier there were technical difficulties. Jason's audio file disappeared after our hour plus long conversation. So in order to give you the podcast in the appropriate time frame, it has been edited to remove Jason entirely. It is an unfortunate and completely sucky situation because the conversation really was entertaining, and exceptionally informative.

Our apologies that this occurred. But I would like to thank Jason for coming on and we promise he will be in a future episode so he can yell at me for picking on Kentucky (who seriously would have guessed that he would make be from Kentucky??!!), and give us his insight into why he thinks it's not genetic mutation that causes the zombies to happen. Britt and I would also very much like to thank Beez for putting in the extra effort this week to get the episode out for everyone to listen to.

Enjoy the podcast, and remember to vote for who you think the special guest is for next week's episode here. (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3406-We-re-Not-Dead-41)

riskbreaker23
Jun 22nd, 2012, 07:26 PM
LOL

I LOVE Nik's rant. Awesome opening!

nikvoodoo
Jun 22nd, 2012, 07:33 PM
LOL

I LOVE Nik's rant. Awesome opening!

With Jason's audio feed dying I was terrified we'd have to re-record the podcast and I'd have to try to mimic the sheer amount of anger and annoyance I have been feeling all week, but went away right after I let loose. It would have been all...fake and forced and shit. So I'm glad I didn't have to do that again.

I'm also glad we're already labeled explicit. Or that'd have put us into that category immediately!

riskbreaker23
Jun 22nd, 2012, 07:35 PM
With Jason's audio feed dying I was terrified we'd have to re-record the podcast and I'd have to try to mimic the sheer amount of anger and annoyance I have been feeling all week, but went away right after I let loose. It would have been all...fake and forced and shit. So I'm glad I didn't have to do that again.

I'm also glad we're already labeled explicit. Or that'd have put us into that category immediately!

Haha, nice! We'll just go ahead and list that as a community venting its frustration at certain people, not just Nik.

werewolf
Jun 22nd, 2012, 08:02 PM
love the joke about doing guys chained up to the bed Brit. if you remember back to when Saul was sick and chain to the bed and i think it was Kelly said that Saul really didn't mind being chain to the bed. I think Liz and Saul are perfect pair. lol

Adventureless_Hero
Jun 25th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Heh heh...Saul and Lizzy have kinky, chain sex. That's pretty rad!

Britt, I just have to correct joo for a minuto. When Z-Sniper/Otto/Victor posted "pinche Pete", you pronounce it "peen-cheh" not pinch. It's an easy mistake to make, but seeing as how it has potential for becoming a nickname for Pete, I thought I'd mention it. It also might clarify things since some folks are probably like, "Pinch Pete? Why would Otto call him that? Does Pete come through in a pinch?"

Speaking of Z-Sniper/Otto/Victor, I now believe that is who will be the guest on WND 41. At first I thought it would be David Pevsner (Tardust) but since you guys mentioned that it was someone you talked about quite a bit in this podcast (WND#40) then I figured it must be Otto.

Well my hat's off to Beez. You really couldn't tell that a person was missing from this podcast. Stellar job. But I am really fuckin bummed that Dr. Jason's material was lost. These things happen, I suppose. : (

Still, it was a great episode. Thanks for hooking us up and for all the hard work you put in to this free podcast about a podcast!

Z Sniper
Jun 25th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Heh heh...Saul and Lizzy have kinky, chain sex. That's pretty rad!

Britt, I just have to correct joo for a minuto. When Z-Sniper/Otto/Victor posted "pinche Pete", you pronounce it "peen-cheh" not pinch. It's an easy mistake to make, but seeing as how it has potential for becoming a nickname for Pete, I thought I'd mention it. It also might clarify things since some folks are probably like, "Pinch Pete? Why would Otto call him that? Does Pete come through in a pinch?"

Speaking of Z-Sniper/Otto/Victor, I now believe that is who will be the guest on WND 41. At first I thought it would be David Pevsner (Tardust) but since you guys mentioned that it was someone you talked about quite a bit in this podcast (WND#40) then I figured it must be Otto.

Well my hat's off to Beez. You really couldn't tell that a person was missing from this podcast. Stellar job. But I am really fuckin bummed that Dr. Jason's material was lost. These things happen, I suppose. : (

Still, it was a great episode. Thanks for hooking us up and for all the hard work you put in to this free podcast about a podcast!

HA!! That's pretty funny! Yes "PINCHE" or as Britt might say it "PIN-SHAY", could roughly be translated at "fricken" or "damn",.....thanks for helping out Adventureless!:cool:

littleone8
Jun 25th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Enjoyed the podcast, listened to it at work today. It was fun to hear you rage about the trolls. To bad about Jason. Maybe one of the zombies attacked the audio!

MenashaCorpse
Jun 26th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Dr. Jason is a wicked smart, insightful and hilarious guy!

Thanks, Nick. (hangs head sheepishly) Sorry. Man, I have really felt awful since last week. I felt like I was invited into Nick and Britt's tower then promptly dropped the proverbial Flower Pot. Still don't know what happened. If I ever do appear on WND, I'm pulling in some Old School tape backup!

nikvoodoo
Jun 26th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Enjoyed the podcast, listened to it at work today. It was fun to hear you rage about the trolls. To bad about Jason. Maybe one of the zombies attacked the audio!

Like I said, it's actually probably a good thing Jason's file got wrecked because I think the rage went on a little longer than was necessary. So there's some rage bits you'll never get to hear. ;)

Gadge80
Jun 29th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Hey just started to listen to WND 40 and love Niks comment about the chicken game.... very funny.
And it did make me think about the numbers on the "not so little" ones.
We know of a series of tattooed numbers including 6 and 9.... how do we know which is which? Do they have a little line underneath so we know which way up it's meant to be read?
:-)
Food for thought

nikvoodoo
Jun 29th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Hey just started to listen to WND 40 and love Niks comment about the chicken game.... very funny.

THANK YOU!

At least someone got it! Sheesh!

Stabzmcgee
Aug 2nd, 2012, 10:24 AM
if saul and lizzy were fornicating whilst saul was semi-infected, could that mean that the baby will be a zedhead? or maybe something like Pinstripe Suit guy?