PDA

View Full Version : Is the "Family" more important then we think?

Stuv
Jun 15th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Ok guys I am new to the forums so take it easy on me. Here goes…..

What if the "family" that we found out Angel was from is not just an interesting way to explain Scratch's earlier interest in him? I think it is possible that Duri and Scratch are lower level members and that there is a much larger entity behind them. I think they were informed of the outbreak in advance and instructed to be prepared to escape prison and prepare a base of operations in LA. My idea is that their organization is in business with whoever implemented the virus. In return for their aid they get control of LA, all of California, and maybe more. I could even see the matermind(s) behind the outbreak using this tactic in other countries. It could provide them with eyes and ears on the development of the zombies and give them an armed force on the ground to deal with any resistance from whatever military remains active. This entire theory hinges on the idea that the virus was implemented intentionally and was not released by accident. I believe this is to be the case as the old "the military or a big drug company screwed up and let this out" thing has been done many times. Kc is way too creative a writer to rely on that old standby. I know this is pretty of-the-wall but after all I did choose the crackpot theory thread...:)

Miss
Jun 16th, 2012, 09:16 PM
its a good theory I like it alot Im going to need to figure out how it could fit in with my stuborn it is what it is theory

7oddisdead
Jun 17th, 2012, 01:27 AM
Ya know, you could be onto something here..i worked up a thing similar to his about a year ago..but the missing ingredient was the "family" angle...this would imply that scratch latch and durai all knew each other prior to the outbreak...which is fully possible...hmm, very interesting...

PuddleWhite
Jun 26th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Well, since we're talking about fiction and not something that is complete, i cant disprove anything, but here's why i think its not plausible:
-What could a mob family offer to the Entity behind the outbreak?
-In what way do they have control over LA? The zombies and every other group they have been in contact has fought them, and they certainly wield less power now than they did before the outbreak.
-If they are so informed, why did they not know that zombies can make ambushes, and got ambushed?
-Why don't they know about the little ones? (maybe the grunts don't know about the little ones? But then why not tell the grunts?)
-If it is a virus that got released intentionally, whats with the cracks in the ground?

To be honest, i don't like The Family even being an explanation about the thing between Angel and Scratch. I mean, its undisputably possible, but its just something that would sustain the whole plot with grace.

Robzombie
Jun 27th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Yeah, the mallers are not established enough for me to make it plausible that they knew anything in advance. Weapons were from the prison and Burts shop, they fortified a mall but apparently not entirely to their liking. Which to me sounds as unprepared as anyone else. They try to take over the tower, but abandon that idea and end up destoying it, to move on to the colony. They deffinately do not seem to have any inside intel on the zombies what so ever, and do not seem to have any external support.

Although "family" indicates some sort of organization, not like true family, or not entirely, I assume most likely similar to a "mob" family. Scratch seems to happily be a prt of it while Angel seems to have turned away from it, including his father, but still held some importance to it as he kept the ring...so his relationship with the family or what it represents is still significant to him.

Stuv
Jun 27th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Well, since we're talking about fiction and not something that is complete, i cant disprove anything, but here's why i think its not plausible:
-In what way do they have control over LA? The zombies and every other group they have been in contact has fought them, and they certainly wield less power now than they did before the outbreak.
-If they are so informed, why did they not know that zombies can make ambushes, and got ambushed?
-Why don't they know about the little ones? (maybe the grunts don't know about the little ones? But then why not tell the grunts?)
-If it is a virus that got released intentionally, whats with the cracks in the ground?

To be honest, i don't like The Family even being an explanation about the thing between Angel and Scratch. I mean, its undisputably possible, but its just something that would sustain the whole plot with grace.

Good points Rob. I will try to answer them as best as I can. I am new to the show and the forums as I mentioned. This idea was just something fun I came up with to explain why the "Family" could be more important to the story then it first appeared.

Intel on the other humans still alive in the city as well as information on what government forces (police military etc.) are still active and to what degree. If there is an entity behind the outbreak I imagine this information could be very valuable to them.
In what way do they have control over LA? The zombies and every other group they have been in contact have fought them, and they certainly wield less power now than they did before the outbreak.
I should have been clearer here I apologize. I meant that once the dust settles and the entity is in control of the city they would be able to cede it to the Mallers. I agree they have no control at this point.
If they are so informed, why did they not know that zombies can make ambushes, and got ambushed?
I am not sure the entity had full knowledge of the variant zombies that would be created at the outset. I am not even sure they are in full control of the process now.
If it is a virus that got released intentionally, whats with the cracks in the ground?
It is possible the virus or agent that transmits the virus is a gas and is unstable. This could have been administered through gas lines and could have caused the type of damage described.

Again, just a crackpot theory I cooked up for fun discussion. You guys have all been around longer than me and certainly know more than I do. I just thought it would make for fun discussion in the forum.

ClearSights
Jun 27th, 2012, 01:28 PM
That's a really good theory but kinda a stretch in my opinion. I just believe that it will be a good back-story. We will learn how Angel and Scratch were connected and such and it will play a role but nothing more than a back story that cannot change the flow of the story.

PuddleWhite
Jun 28th, 2012, 01:06 AM
A fitting, although extremely cliche idea for the supposed Entity's henchmen or allies would be a PMC- all of the perks of an army without any of the scruples. It would have also made this symbolic rivalry with fort Irwin- two armies, one fighting for ideals, the other for money. Also, since PMCs are actual soldiers, they could have provided intelligence and security way better than a bunch of rapists and whatnot could.

GeneTwo
Jul 3rd, 2012, 12:39 AM
Does anyone remember if it was mentioned if Angel left the Family before joining the Military or after he joined the Military? I'm wondering, if he left the Family while he was in the Military, does that make him some sort of a "plant". Just like in the movie Departed where someone in the Irish mob infiltrates the police force.

If that's true, what if Angel wasn't the only plant, like Col Kimmet.

PuddleWhite
Jul 3rd, 2012, 03:15 AM
Well, since The Family members we know of think he's left, that would suggest that he has left. Also, i don't see what The Family would gain from an inside source in the army- the army doesn't deal with crime. Maybe if The Family knew that the outbreak would happen, but thats also something they havent proven to be.