PDA

View Full Version : Lollipop Chainsaw - Mindless bubblegum fun

Hellbringer
Jun 14th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Bought this for my son as a surprise, but he's currently at Boy Scout Camp. So I'm taking it for a ride. Glad I got it at a discounted rate, but it's fun. I guess I would enjoy it a lot more if the chainsaw did more damage, but you do upgrade your character so I might have to play it again after I beat it. I've heard it's got a real short campaign as well.
You can tell the Japanese worked on this game; it feels... weird for a zombie game.

Any thoughts?

abayarts
Jun 15th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Have you played a Suda51 game before? No More Heroes, Killer 7, or Shadows of the Damned? If you like that game I suggest trying the others. :)

ClearSights
Jun 15th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Let's be honest...Did you buy it for your son.....or you? hah

Hellbringer
Jun 15th, 2012, 10:15 PM

Yeah, this game is not really my cup of tea. I love zombie games, but this one feels off. I still to have play Dead Rising 2. I'm definitely glad that Amazon had it at a reduced price during the pre-order. Heard that was because of a Toys R Us screw up or something.

Hellbringer
Jun 15th, 2012, 10:32 PM

Oh, I forgot. He didn't want the game until he tried a demo at the Gamestop booth at the Dallas Comic Con (not to be affiliated with the San Diego ComicCon for some reason). That's all he talked about on the way back. Never mind that he got Stan Lee's autograph or saw the Summer Glau Q&A or saw some Resident Evil costume people. It was all about Lollipop Chainsaw for the better part of three hours.

7oddisdead
Jun 15th, 2012, 10:51 PM
A: I envy your kid.

B: this is the kind of mindless game I can get behind. I like my video kinda dumb and pointless though...

Eck-selsior!!!

Creem_Filling
Jun 16th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Zombies aren't really popular in Japan. So I'm a bit surprised it had any connection to them. That's why Highschool of the Dead died, Japan has no market for the undead.

ClearSights
Jun 16th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Yeah, this game is not really my cup of tea. I love zombie games, but this one feels off. I still to have play Dead Rising 2. I'm definitely glad that Amazon had it at a reduced price during the pre-order. Heard that was because of a Toys R Us screw up or something.

Hah yeah I was just kidding. Ill prob lay off of the game from what you're telling me. I still need to get DR2 as well.

Hellbringer
Jun 16th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Hah yeah I was just kidding. Ill prob lay off of the game from what you're telling me. I still need to get DR2 as well.

No worries. The campaign is like 4 hours, or so I'm told, though. I'm trying to knock out all the easy achievements before I give this a good (and final) once over. This is definitely a gamefly rental if you have an account.
60 dollar game? No. 40 dollar game? Probably not. 30 dollar game? Gotta think for a sec, but signs point to yes. 20 bucks? Most definitely no hesitation on buying it. Clearance rack? Oh, heck yes. Don't get me wrong, I think it's worth trying, but not necessarily worth buying for any longevity.