PDA

View Full Version : Future story Theory

IamPaul
Jun 14th, 2012, 03:33 AM
Hello fellow Waylanders!(my nickname for We're Alive fans, if you have something better, let loose) My theory is this season will see the end of the Mallers and season 4 will be all about the Zombies and Boulder and Fort Iriwin. I just do not see a situation where the Mallers make it out of this season. Also they are sort of secondary villians to the Zombies. What do you guys think?

Litmaster
Jun 14th, 2012, 03:35 AM
Agreed, although I don't think Scratch is going down until the bitter end.

The finale should lead us back to the source-- and assault on Ink and the origins of the virus...

nikvoodoo
Jun 14th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Hello fellow Waylanders!(my nickname for We're Alive fans, if you have something better, let loose) My theory is this season will see the end of the Mallers and season 4 will be all about the Zombies and Boulder and Fort Iriwin. I just do not see a situation where the Mallers make it out of this season. Also they are sort of secondary villians to the Zombies. What do you guys think?

Disagree. I think the story thrives on the person to person drama....with a sprinkle of zombie to put a wrinkle in it.

I'd argue that the Mallers are more the primary bad guys than the zombies are. We've spent much more time focusing our attention on the Mallers than we have the zombies. Think of it like this: Everyone deals with the environment full of zombies but not everyone has this conflict between the Mallers/Colony and Tower. If this was transplanted into the jungle somewhere, the snakes, insects, large cats and other predators would represent our zombies (aka environmental dangers). But the indigenous tribe tracking your every move and picking you off one by one is the real and true villain and the one capable of causing you the most damage.

After all....the Tower survived two zombie attacks (well three if you want include the time Lizzy got to the Tower.....four if you want to include TOWTM killing Paul...), but it only took the Mallers two attempts to bring it down and kill most of the residents.

reaper239
Jun 14th, 2012, 09:29 AM
i'd argue that the zombies are actually more the main characters. here's why: we are always seeking out the zombies, we always want to hear more about the zombies, and this isn't a knock against KCs writing characters, quite the opposite actually, but the zombies are the most fascinating things in the story. the whole story revolves around this event, the zombie uprising, and the zombies bring the whole thing together. KC has managed to create zombies that are out of the norm, that are still recognizable as zombies on the surface, but has such depth and so many layers to it that it, more than any other character in the series, has drawn this kind of mass following. i see the human drama as a second parallel story to the zombies that runs congruent and is a vessel of delivering and relaying the zombies story.

IamPaul
Jun 14th, 2012, 11:58 AM
i'd argue that the zombies are actually more the main characters. here's why: we are always seeking out the zombies, we always want to hear more about the zombies, and this isn't a knock against KCs writing characters, quite the opposite actually, but the zombies are the most fascinating things in the story. the whole story revolves around this event, the zombie uprising, and the zombies bring the whole thing together. KC has managed to create zombies that are out of the norm, that are still recognizable as zombies on the surface, but has such depth and so many layers to it that it, more than any other character in the series, has drawn this kind of mass following. i see the human drama as a second parallel story to the zombies that runs congruent and is a vessel of delivering and relaying the zombies story.

I agree. I have always been more interested in our main characters story of surviving the zombies. I like the Maller/Colony component, but not all the time. The zombie component is always there. If the Mallers were all to die today and be gone, I would be ok with that. This is a 'Zombie' story of survival. I just think it is time for our main villians (and the reason all of us started listening to this awesome drama) to take center stage. The Mallers can only hang around for so long before it gets old, and I happen to think we are on that last leg. Besides, how many mallers could possibly be left after the War and the second War and the attack on their convoy and what ever events they have been through?

7oddisdead
Jun 14th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Here's a terrible analogy for ya..

think of a book, lets call it "the magical unicorn"...well, we have our hero, the knight, his love interest the princess, and the evil king as his enemy...evil king is after the unicorn, blah blah stuff happens blah blah knight and princess hook up or whatever blah blah king dies at knights hand..boom..the unicorn is found....now, why the devil is that book called " the magical unicorn"??

nikvoodoo
Jun 14th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Besides, how many mallers could possibly be left after the War and the second War and the attack on their convoy and what ever events they have been through?

Enough to take over the Colony without too much of a fight. I don't mean to poo poo the zombie involvement in the story. But I am far more interested in the Maller storyline than I am with the zombie storyline. Do I think the zombies are important? Absolutely.

We spent most of season 1 dealing with zombies and a little Maller conflict.

Season two was spent nearly exclusively dealing with human enemies.

Season 3 has had nearly no conflicts really aside from small skirmishes mostly with zombies....and one with Cj getting choked...

Might just be me, but I really don't see the Maller threat ending this season. With the Mallers holed up securely inside the Colony, it's going to take a lot to take them out. They have every advantage in the world against an invading force...and we've seen how effective a small ill equipped force can be when defending their position.

Kram
Jun 14th, 2012, 07:22 PM
I think I agree with Nik on this. To me, the human enemies are just as important as the zombies, if not more so. Some zombies are more interesting (the smart one/ones). But an antagonist that is only capable of saying short phrases isn't enough for me, and neither is conflict between our heroes. Characters like Scratch and Gatekeeper have provided some of the most exciting moments of the show.

IamPaul
Jun 15th, 2012, 03:01 AM
I am just saying that the Maller story, if it goes beyond what we all think is going to happen with an attack on the Colony, may start to become played out. SPOILER SPOILER, but in the Walking Dead comic, the same type of story is constantly getting played out over and over. Rick and crew find a safe place, humans attack, people die, they leave, rinse and repeat. We will see. Maybe Durai will become more of a player if he is at the Colony, or maybe a situation where they all realize they must team up to defeat. Maybe we have just created 2 new groups within the fan base. The Zombiers and the Mallerers.

IamPaul
Jun 15th, 2012, 03:02 AM
I meant to say to defeat the Zombies by the way.

Stuv
Jun 15th, 2012, 09:24 AM
I am just saying that the Maller story, if it goes beyond what we all think is going to happen with an attack on the Colony, may start to become played out. SPOILER SPOILER, but in the Walking Dead comic, the same type of story is constantly getting played out over and over. Rick and crew find a safe place, humans attack, people die, they leave, rinse and repeat. We will see. Maybe Durai will become more of a player if he is at the Colony, or maybe a situation where they all realize they must team up to defeat. Maybe we have just created 2 new groups within the fan base. The Zombiers and the Mallerers.

I agree that the zombies are the stars of the show. I think however that one of the most interesting aspects of these types of stories is the reaction of human beings. Whatever caused the zombie otbreak in WA has caused two primary reactions in un-infected people in my opinion 1. Agression and a desire for power over others(The Mallers). and 2. A desire for a group to belong to for both survival and companionship(The Tower Crew). I am generalizing I know but I think these feelings drive the motives and actions of both groups leading them to engage in both extermly selfless and extremley selfish actions. It is these decsions that make them so compelling. Plus, as the zombie threat increses perhapes the Mallers and the Tower Crew may have to embrace the whole " the enemy of enemy is my friend" idea.

Kram
Jun 15th, 2012, 03:34 PM
I don’t want to sound as if I’m completely dismissing the importance of the zombies. I do agree that season 4 will increasingly feature them, and they will be the focus of the series finale. I just feel that there is too much story potential left for the Mallers/Colonists for them to be dealt with by the end of this season. This is especially true of Scratch, Gatekeeper, and Durai. We hardly know anything about the latter two, and I do think we will learn more. I would be surprised if the main human antagonists are finished off before the middle of season 4.

I agree with Nik that the zombies are essentially environmental dangers. I view them like the triffids in John Wyndham's The Day of the Triffids. Yes, they are fascinating -- you want to know how they originated, and how they can be stopped, and if they have intelligence, etc. The actual conflict in the story though, comes from the humans, and is driven by their differing reactions to the environmental threat.

IamPaul
Jun 15th, 2012, 04:07 PM
What ever happens, we can all agree that is going to be awesome and some tears will be shed by the end.

GeneTwo
Jun 15th, 2012, 08:31 PM
I see a huge shift in the story line from "a story of survival" to a zombie-drama-apocalypse or a "zomdramacalypse". Yes!!! A new term coined. I googled it too.

Saul mistakes Bricks and Lizzys relationship and who the baby daddy is. A love triangle between Chinwe, Saul, and Lizzy, ensues after Lizzy finds out Chinwe has been using her "choke hold" on Saul.

Michael and Riley start a new relationship when their vertical friendship hugging turns into horizontal hugging. Lets face it, Michael lost Pegs and Riley lost Angel and Lizzy who else are they going to turn to. Riley is probably initiates the affair because in a relationship between the two, Riley would be the "man". Things get complicated when Pegs returns saying she can't live without Michael and Riley finds out that Lizzy is alive.