PDA

View Full Version : The little ones

bradwnel
Jun 7th, 2012, 03:27 PM
I was thinking that since the man in the pin stripped suit was a serial killer before all of this went started and the little ones have numbers tattooed on them maybe He was out killing children? Serial killers like to keep some kind of trophy of their kills so he was numbering his kills? Or so everyone thought. I was thinking he never was really out killing people but kidnapping children and turning them into zombies and they later broke him out of the mental hospital. Anyone else feel this way?

bradwnel
Jun 7th, 2012, 06:30 PM
In This episode it was said that they had gotten bigger is what lead me to think that they had started off as children but are going. So maybe they werent killed but turned and are still able to age.

Mikeyd2tall
Jun 7th, 2012, 06:49 PM
I was thinking that since the man in the pin stripped suit was a serial killer before all of this went started and the little ones have numbers tattooed on them maybe He was out killing children? Serial killers like to keep some kind of trophy of their kills so he was numbering his kills? Or so everyone thought. I was thinking he never was really out killing people but kidnapping children and turning them into zombies and they later broke him out of the mental hospital. Anyone else feel this way?
this is a really interesting idea! and i haven't heard it yet! :) grats newbie!

bradwnel
Jun 7th, 2012, 07:50 PM
well thank you :p

Heyyouinthebushes
Jun 9th, 2012, 08:02 PM
I've been absent from the forums for a while, and I enjoyed the speculating happening here and in the ch. 30 pt. 1 thread, so I want to try and recap what's been said.e

What we know about the little ones:

(1) they started out little.
(2) they have tattoos of numbers.
(3) they have "unnatural" features beyond that of other "zombies" (ie, long, filed finger nails and slime).
(4) they can grow.
(5) there are at least 12 of them. Setting aside that some may have been killed, the tattoos get us to 12. It is reasonable to think there are more, but how many more may depend on whether we think the tattoos represent an individual or an iteration. In other words, if the 5 or 12 represents an iteration, there may be numerous versions of each iteration.

We have two broad theories (that can have a lot of overlap):

(1) the modification theory - this theory says that the little ones are a result of some sort of purposeful modification. Some modification is self-evident (ie, the fingernails and tattoos). The mod theory takes this further, suggesting that further tampering was happening. The major speculation of the mod theory is that, beyond nail filing and tattooing, "genetic" or "chemical" engineering was going on. I believe it was 7odd who suggested pinstripe was injecting the altering agent via or in conjunction with the tattooing. The greatest strength of this theory is that it fits well well with the fact that the special "zombies" only seem to exist around certain parts of the LA area. If someone is modifying "zombies", tou would expect to only find them in a limited area. It's greatest weakness is that, currently, it relies on speculating beyond what we know. There's good evidence that tattooing was happening at the hospital, but there hasn't, yet, been direct hinting that more was happening. It makes sense, but hasn't been given direct evidence.

(2) the children theory - this theory says that the little ones are children that have turned. While it is clear that tampering is happening, it is only superficial. This theory accounts for why the little ones start little but are able to grow. Characteristics like the slime are not really accounted for; however, little is known about the slime, so that is not a huge problem. While it does not obviously follow from the children theory that they would leave behind slime, because we do not know much about the slime, it is hard to know why it would be a strike against the children theory. The greatest strength of this theory is that it explains the observed growth of the little ones through a method established in canon, namely that the "zombies" retain certain physiological "needs". Like the retained need for food, children "zombies" still grow. It's greatest weakness is that it doesn't account for the specialness of the little ones. If they were only children that turned, you would expect more people from periferal locations (eg, the colony) to be aware of them. Likewise, you would expect them to be more ubiquitous. A random horde that comes around because they hear a potted plant fall from few stories up should be littered with little ones.

There are pretty obvious ways we can combine these two theories, and any new info may require alterations or new theories. Hopefully we'll get some answers in coming episodes.

Cheers.

Solanine
Jun 10th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Interesting compilation of our knowledge so far. It seems pretty obvious that TWWTM is a leader and is producing/ modifying zombies. He also seems to have turned them into an organised force, possibly explaining the rarity of the zombies during the second half of season two and season three. Another explanation of the absence of zombies is that they are dyeing out just like survivors will be. Think about it, the lack of humans would have huge repercussions in some food chains (or webs) making some sources of food scarce. Also it could just be KC getting sick of howling into biscuit tins, it can't make character development easy when people are constantly running away from/ shooting at things.

2bgood
Jun 10th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Nice theory, i had not thought of that one.

Tar Heel Fan
Jun 12th, 2012, 11:48 AM
These little ones with numbered markings must be a part of some kind of experimentation. The question is: whose experiment? It could be TOWTM or whoever created him in the first place. It could be a byproduct of what Tanya or others were doing at the Colony (unlikely) or others like them, searching for a cure. Or could this be a byproduct of an army experiment? The folks at Fort Irving were pretty against experimentation, afterall.

Solanine
Jun 12th, 2012, 01:39 PM
TBH I reckon the whole hospital base and the nail clippings they found there points pretty conclusively towards TOWTM.
Possibly human caused though you never know.

Godsendunlimited
Jun 15th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Right. And in this newest episode they are getting stretch marks tough skin and are getting big. What else has those characteristics? The behemoths. So are the little ones just pre pre behemoths? Or children? One thing is children don't have long arms and numerous fingers. But neither do behemoths. So what do you guys think? Also congrats on coming up with that on your own.

Solanine
Jun 19th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Right. And in this newest episode they are getting stretch marks tough skin and are getting big. What else has those characteristics? The behemoths. So are the little ones just pre pre behemoths? Or children? One thing is children don't have long arms and numerous fingers. But neither do behemoths. So what do you guys think? Also congrats on coming up with that on your own.

I believe "The little one's" are their own creation, if they bear similarities to the Behemoths (and possibly jumpers, we never got a proper description I don't believe)
it may be because of similiar growth methods. The little ones seem to me like they will replace normal zombies as the main non-human threats, maybe TOWTM zombie 2.0?

nikvoodoo
Jun 19th, 2012, 08:17 AM
I believe "The little one's" are their own creation, if they bear similarities to the Behemoths (and possibly jumpers, we never got a proper description I don't believe)
it may be because of similiar growth methods. The little ones seem to me like they will replace normal zombies as the main non-human threats, maybe TOWTM zombie 2.0?

Jumpers have extremely long powerful legs, were skinny and stood in the area of 8-9 feet tall (presuming the hallways of the Tower were about that tall). The height is a guesstimate since we don't know the height of the ceiling, but we do know the Jumper that ultimately "killed" Tommy's head scraped the ceiling of the hallway.

Witch_Doctor
Jun 19th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Jumpers have extremely long powerful legs, were skinny and stood in the area of 8-9 feet tall (presuming the hallways of the Tower were about that tall). The height is a guesstimate since we don't know the height of the ceiling, but we do know the Jumper that ultimately "killed" Tommy's head scraped the ceiling of the hallway.

One thing I have noticed is that Saul, in Chapter 30/2 13:10, discribes the dead little one as being 6'7". Remember, Chapter 11/1 10:10, after Burt reveals that they have no more rounds Mr. Pinstripe Suit gets up and stands over them. He's at least 6 and a half feet tall.

So at this point in the story we see that:

The littles ones, at least one, is the same height as Mr. Pinstripe Suit.
They have long stretch marks.
They have tough skins.
They have self-inflicted scratches.
They withstand body shots, head shots kill them. Chinook soilder says that skinny ones won't got down, Chapter 30/1 16:19. Glenn says two shots to the body ineffective but a shot to the head kills, Chapter 30/3 6:20.
They are rare.

Now, lets see which type, Behemoths vs. Mr. Pinstripe Suit, matches the current little ones (Skinny Ones).

Mr. Pinstripe Suit. But if they keep growing then perhaps Behemoths.
Behemoths.
Behemoths
WFT is this about? Faux tattoos? Pinstripes. Itchy skin? Behemoths.
Both, Mr. Pinstripe Suit was shot twice in the body by Burt in the tower but git up when he heard that there were no more bullets. He didn't even fuck with Saul when Saul pulled his knife. The Behemoths took shots to the body from Angel and Kalani but covered its face to block shots to the head, as if they know their head is a weak point.
Both, few Behemoths reported. TOWTM (Only one?). Still up in the air on this one. How did he get from the arena to the tower so fast? Of course, we don't have an accurate timeline for the last part of the Purgatory chapter.

7oddisdead
Jun 19th, 2012, 11:25 PM
This is wonderful^^^ somebody rep this...ive gotta spread some around...awesome stuff!

Solanine
Jun 20th, 2012, 04:19 AM

What I ment is the description does not cover the skin, nothing about stretch marks. We can, I think, assume the "Normal" zombies are just that, no special growth etc. What would be really useful is knowing what the runners look like, whether their speed is due to growth or not. There was an old disscussion about whether the zombies had traits dependant on their past selves (smart ones) or whether it was due to some other factor (behemoths, little ones). We can now conclude I think that it is a mixture of both. The only way so far I've picked out of telling is the skin + @Witch_Doctor's bullet proofness.

Witch_Doctor
Jun 20th, 2012, 10:14 AM
... What would be really useful is knowing what the runners look like, whether their speed is due to growth or not...

I've wondered about the same thing with all of the other special ones. In fact, I think a couple of characters have mentioned that some of the special ones look as if they were never human. This lead me to wonder if they wore clothes. No one ever mentioned clothing or lack of clothing except Saul in Chapter 30/2. The Little one/Skinny one wore 'torn pants, no shoes or shirt'

So, are special ones formerly human?
Do they wear clothing?
Do they turn humans into their kind?
If they were originaly nude then where did the dead one, found by Saul and Victor, get clothes? Was this a 'turned' one? If so, then how did it get the tatoo?

Solanine
Jun 21st, 2012, 05:47 AM
Based on what we have to go on I reckon at least some special ones must require humans as a starting point rather than normals. Why else would they try capturing Tanya (I acknowledge that they could be doing with her what they did to Datu but at this point it seems like TOWTM/ zombie leader has a clear plan). Creating the specials from scratch seems a little unrealistic to me. Shit would have to get really strange for a "Queen" zombie to arise and start laying eggs. Also as far as the insane growth for the Behemoths I have three or so theory's that could cause it,
1. Stem cell manipulation (causing numbers of un-differentiated stem cells to rocket within the body allowing large amounts of new bone and muscle tissue to be formed.
2. Human growth hormone, in adults it causes gigantism usually not the increase in width and height of torso seen here but their is probably a work around.

3. This one's very remote, the retrovirus (assuming thats what it is) is some how causing the Un-differentiation of cells allowing the body to reform. I have NO Idea how this would work, I've never read any reports of people trying this in a lab, never mind a living being. This also wouldn't match the descriptions of stretched sking as Growth hromone would.

So there you go...

7oddisdead
Jun 21st, 2012, 06:32 AM
One thing I'll say is this. KC has said there must be an explanation for the growth ie: calorie intake equals muscle mass. His reason for saying this was the evidence of roman taking on little one characteristics in chapter 30. So while roman shows traits of little ones..he has yet to show massive physical growth. So to me...this says we are overthinking this whole situation. I've got a few ideas...but they're still in the rough stages....cant spill the beans yet,but it's semi epic ;)

Solanine
Jun 22nd, 2012, 01:18 AM
I'll wait eagerly to here them todd.

7oddisdead
Jun 22nd, 2012, 01:40 AM
Hints...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=schools+in+inglewood+ca&oq=schools+in+inglewood&aq=0&aqi=g2g-K3&aql=&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.1.0.0l2j0i30l3.6395.15357.0.18884.20.16.0.4.4.1 .1082.5821.0j4j2j0j1j4j1j1.13.0...0.0._0D1ZvQr0nY

LiamKerrington
Aug 27th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Hello everyone,

is it only me, or do I misunderstand something here:
In chapter #30 Glenn mentions his friend "Roman" being attacked by one of the little ones. And later, when they bail out for the car of CJ's, they get attacked by a little one, and Pete and Glenn confirm two things: a) this was Roman, and b) he changed over the time.

Meaning: The little ones may infect humans who change into little ones and keep mutating/ transforming.

This would also mean: Different Zombies, different agents mutating humans to Zombies.

edit: Dominguez Elementary School is situated 'between' Compton and Long Beach in L.A., which is quite a distance from Inglewood ... So we have 'sepcial Zeds' beyond this particular region.

ZombieBlake
Sep 14th, 2012, 10:06 AM
All of these recent discoveries have been blowing my mind. There are just so many questions.
The biggest to me is:
Do they start out as little ones or become little ones through their changing?
What makes us tall is not just our bone-structure, but our amount of cartilage in-between the bones and posture.
As we age our cartilage lessens, this is why older people are often shorter or become shorter over time. Posture ties into this too.
Posture is sort of a social construct. We are taught not to slouch or keep our knees bent, hunched over like animals, so it may make sense that the little ones became little through losing their cartilage and social necessity for posture.

And are they little ones because they are actually little or because do they slightly resemble how little ones appeared in the past?
I hope this thinking out loud is contributing, lol.

Solanine
Sep 16th, 2012, 09:07 AM
The little ones are no longer so little. They are called the "little ones" because thats how they started out. I don't remember them being described as slouching or crouched over by anyone.
They have obviously been tampered with pre or post transformation. TOWTM had tattooing equipment and nail clippings at the hospital.
Nice to here someone coming from a fresh angle and thinking out loud. I fear some of us take the whole predictions thing a little to seriously and post tactically.
Or maybe I'm projecting my own behaviour onto others. Which ever suits.

LiamKerrington
Sep 16th, 2012, 11:09 AM
The little ones are no longer so little. They are called the "little ones" because thats how they started out. I don't remember them being described as slouching or crouched over by anyone.
They have obviously been tampered with pre or post transformation. TOWTM had tattooing equipment and nail clippings at the hospital.
Nice to here someone coming from a fresh angle and thinking out loud. I fear some of us take the whole predictions thing a little to seriously and post tactically.
Or maybe I'm projecting my own behaviour onto others. Which ever suits.

Any approach serves the issue. Thank you for pointing at the nail clippings in the hospital.

Jannit
Sep 24th, 2012, 02:54 PM
My apologies if I missed this as I've only started going through all of the posts on this site but what if the Little Ones are 'pure' zombies? Someone mentioned the idea that there might be a Queen or something similar, and what if that's what it was at the Arena?

Perhaps they're organized in a similar fashion which might explain how they're able to communicate, their drive to collect their dead, the creation of a hive/nest and the rare specialized ones such as the jumpers and behemoths (okay, so that's a bit of a stretch). If the Little Ones are pure zombies, perhaps they need some fresh parts to start off, which is why they kept people alive at the arena in the first place. From there, they grow tremendously fast - which might explain the stretch marks - and reach maturity much more quickly that anything that started as human.

Just jotting down some random thoughts for the moment. I'll come back and add some more details when I have a bit more time.

Cheers!

Solanine
Sep 25th, 2012, 10:53 AM
The stretch marks I think we can say for sure are growth, hence being seen on behemoths.
There is Absolutely no evidence right now for a queen.
This doesn't mean its not possible, its just that Kc usually gives us a little while to marinate and speculate on cues, with 1.3 seasons left I'm not sure there is time.
By pure zombies what exactly do you mean? Turned in a special way? I don't think they need any extra parts as something probably would have turned up in the autopsy.
Also the dead parts could be used for feeding the behemoths/ little ones but from what we've seen the little ones seem to transform pretty fast without food sources.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 25th, 2012, 09:27 PM
After listening to episode 46 of We're Not Dead, when they mentioned the new forum member pointing out that both Ink and the Inklings have normal eye color instead of the glassy eyes of the other zombies, I thought of something.

Could Ink be an Inkling? Specifically, are they same type of being?

Both the Inkler and the Inklings have normal colored eyes, stand about 2.15 meters tall, seemingly bullet-proof skin, speed, strength and agility.

We are given a glimpse of Ink's super human feats in Chapter 11 part one in the tower where he survives two shots from Burt's rifle (assumed by Saul to be due to body armor), Jumps from the 2th floor of the tower and runs like Steve Austin while Burt Lee Harvey Oswald's him in the hand.

Are his teeth Inklish too? Michael mentions his few remaining broken teeth as he grinned and stood over 6 and a half feet tall.

What about the pale skin? Well, we can't tell because he's covered in all of those tattoos.

LiamKerrington
Sep 26th, 2012, 01:44 AM
@Witch_Doctor: You crazy b*tch from hell ... Are you drunk? Or did you threaten Kc to reveal his scripts to you?
And the reason why we would not confuse Ink with the Little Ones is that his skin is tattooed all over his body ...
Sounds incredibly reasonable what you state there. Actually this supports the ties between Ink and the Little Ones and theories evolving around them ... So Ink would be "Patient Zero" or the thirteenth "Little One" ...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Mr. Holmes.

All the best!
Liam

Jannit
Sep 26th, 2012, 07:00 AM
I really like the Patient Zero idea for the Man with the tattoos. My previous inadequate attempt at describing the pure ones was attempting to get to this idea. What if the man with the tattoos is spreading a 'pure' strain of the zombie infection/disease/condition.

After thinking about it further, and trying to get my thoughts straight, it might be hard to back up the idea that the Little Ones started as anything but human, but what if the slime that is mentioned several times is some sort of amniotic fluid? Even if they started out as children or babies (the hospital would've have a maternity ward), the slime could have been something that was used to help them reach maturity. Part of the reason I'm stuck on this idea is that the zombies in WA don't seem to be dead. Anything that is alive finds a way to reproduce and perhaps this is the next stage in the zombie's evolution. I dunno, just throwing that out there.

As for Ink actually being a little one, do we know anything about his hands? I can't recall hearing anything about it now but he would have the super-long fingers with the crazy nails too, wouldn't he? If he were one of them, I mean.

LiamKerrington
Sep 26th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Hi there,

mh, actually I don't remember having a close description of the hands of Ink. But at least they should be roughly human-like. Reason #1: He was able to perform actions on the security lock of The Tower; reason #2: he was able to snatch an arrow shot by Riley out of the air right before it would have hit him. I am not so sure whether standard issue Little Ones would be able to do so ...
Considering the one description of the Little One's hand we had from Bricks, Lizzy and Tardust, I kind of hardly believe that Ink and the Little Ones are of the same breed. Remember? The description of the endless number of fingers being mentioned? Also the figure of the Little Ones during the first encounter with Skittles - small, funny moving, skinny ... Anytime Ink was displayed there was nothing special about him - except for his suit and the tattoos - no funny movement, no weird size or movement.

So ... I think, especially getting the Smart Ones involved (we have no close descriptions of their eyes; but considering what they are capable of doing like observing the near surrounding and adapting their behaviour to it they probably have 'normal' eyes as well), this could have happened:

Ink was infected/ was the source of all infection. And when the infection hit the doctors in the hospital (Devil's Workshop), the doctors turned as well, but they kept some of there smartness, knowledge and intelligence - so Smart Ones. And then they probably started to work on engineering of Zeds ... And Ink - just like with the horde of Zeds in the arena, has become their leader - because he is just awesome and just Ink, like Nike ist just sports.

I don't think that Ink himself is the one doing engineering or experiments in order to get the Little Ones; remember him having some trouble speaking to Michael, Saul, Burt and Kalani in chapter #11? Also Lizzy described him (Ink) trying on the security lock for some time before it opened. Therefore I think that he is smart, but not half as smart, thus not smart enough to do engineering or breeding or whatever - but he could lead others doing so. And I wouldn't even wonder if Smart Ones (or real humans - Umbrella Corp-style?) would have extracted some tissue/ blood/ bile/ whatever from Ink to create the next generation Zeeh-agent ...

Wow ... This is a brain-twister. A really good one. Kc - again - did a good job with probing some information, some hints and leaving plenty of room for speculation ...

All the best!
Liam

VeritableHero
Sep 26th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Has it been suggested that the numbered/little ones are the zombies that Ink turns himself? (Probably. Too many threads!) Similar to what Witch_Doctor stated, only making Ink the origin of the little ones. Like Nikvoodoo, I don't like the franken-zombie theory so I'm trying to connect the dots in another way.

It seems obvious that the numbered/little ones are the special property of Ink. At least, they receive special attention from something to get the nails filed, tatoo, etc. What if Ink only chooses a select number to turn himself?

Jannit
Sep 26th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Hi there, Liam. Thanks for the consideration and points to ponder!

As for the hands, weren't they just described as having extremely long fingers as opposed to an endless number of fingers? Even with long fingers, Ink could have done all of the things you suggested. Then again, I've only managed to get through everything once, so it's more than possible I misunderstood.

There is the possibility that we could have met Ink after the growth period that Little Ones go through was already completed. This ties into what Witch_Doctor said earlier with: "Both the Inkler and the Inklings have normal colored eyes, stand about 2.15 meters tall, seemingly bullet-proof skin, speed, strength and agility." Plus, the stretch marks suggest that the growth period happens very quickly in Little Ones so there could have been enough time from the outbreak to the first time he appears for him to have reached maturity.

If there's any way for zombies to procreate in the more traditional sense (I shudder thinking about that, not gonna lie) then maybe Ink is just the baby daddy of all Inklings/Little Ones. Who knows, the tattoos might just be his way of keeping track of his kids! :p

LiamKerrington
Sep 26th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Hi there,

@VeritableHero: yeah, not unlikely.
@Jannit: You raise some good points. As for the descritions: in chapter #21 we have a close look at the ripped off arm of Little One #5: long pale arm, tattooed "5" in fresh (!) Ink, endless fingers filed down to razorsharp point; this was at the trap The Mallers went into; and pinstripes/ ink observed the attack himself.
The only mentioning of Ink's hands were in chapter 11 (raises his hands as Michael, Saul, and Burt point their guns at him; Burt hits his hand on his flight); and 'not directly mentioned' his catching of the arrow in chapter #23. I would have to re-listen to #11 and #23 again to catch some more details.
Also I don't want to get to fixed to these details because - as it seems to turn out - Ink is fully turned into a Zed and up to the last encounter did not change in anyway; but the Little Ones seem to be changing (Glenn mentions it, nearly each encounter with Little Ones was different to at least some degree ...). So the question would be: Is Ink a Little One (Patient Zero Type), or just the source for the Little One's infections with a zombie-agent mutating or evolving or whatnot, or are they completely different types of Zeds?

I really like what Witch Doctor wrote there because it is quite close to some of the schemes I'd really like to see as 'true'; and if I was able to rep him up, I'd do; but I cannot ... for now. ;)

All the best!
Liam

Jannit
Sep 26th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the reference for that! I interpret "endless fingers" just as meaning they are very long as opposed to there being lots of fingers.

I wonder if it would be worth putting together a timeline of the sightings of the Little Ones, including the relative development at each sighting just to see how long it takes for them to mature (assuming that's what they're doing) and what characteristics are noticeable at each sighting. I'm going to go out on a crazy limb here and say that the one they performed the autopsy on (#2) was probably futher along in development than #5 would have been, had it lived that long, so that might give us an idea of their estimate maturity until we learn more. Just thinking out loud here! I think I may try to go back and do just that, as a matter of fact.

Also, calling a tattoo 'fresh' seems like a pretty vague description. A tattoo can look new for months after you've gotten it unless they're talking about puffy-skin-still-bleeding-ink-dripping kind of fresh. I'm thinking the slime might be a better indication of how fresh they are but who knows. My brain is starting to resemble a pretzel at this point. It may be time for more coffee.

Cheers,
Jannit

LiamKerrington
Sep 26th, 2012, 09:05 AM
In chapter #21
"fresh black ink" is different from fresh tattoo, no?
"seemingly endless fingers crawled up" with fingernails filed to point ... sorry - MY FAULT! I was leading you into the wrong direction. - like it makes a lot more sense in considering this in terms of especially long fingers and not especially many fingers ...
Forget that with the endless number of fingers ...
:o

Jannit
Sep 26th, 2012, 09:24 AM
So, wait. We're not sure that the "fresh black ink" means a fresh tattoo? My assumption is that all of the numbers on the arms of the Little Ones are tattoos. In the autopsy in Chapter 33, Tanya describes the number as a "black number two on its left forearm and its been tattooed in. Poorly. Some spots aren't filled in. Still looks somewhat fresh but hard to say how old. " I'm going to go with the assumption that all numbers are tattoos since I can't imagine they'd be using sharpies. xD

LiamKerrington
Sep 26th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Sorry. English is not ym first language ... *lol*
So, the number #5 was tattooed into number #5's forearm - with freh ink. Meaning: It was a fresh tattoo, I guess at least from a weird logic point of view ... ;); but it was as fresh as, like, made most recently ... And I think that Mr. Roberts / Ink observed the ambush with Little One #5 deployed in this attack points to having him tattooed #5 right before the attack with the tools available at "Devil's Workshop".

Witch_Doctor
Sep 26th, 2012, 10:03 AM
As for Ink actually being a little one, do we know anything about his hands? I can't recall hearing anything about it now but he would have the super-long fingers with the crazy nails too, wouldn't he? If he were one of them, I mean.

Wait! There is at least ONE description of his hands. Chapter 23 part 3, 5:44. When he catches/removes Riley's arrow she states that he is holding it in his disfigured hand. I always thought this meant that he was using the hand shot by Burt when he escaped the Tower.

I think that throughout this hole story we often get details with limited information that can point into more than direction. Such as, Ink's disfigured hand. Is it a result of Burt's shot or does he have hands like the Inklings?

Other examples:

Was Sean the rat or was he just an A-hole?
Did Kalani really come from the other Tower or did his just repeat Samantha's account?
Did Scratch have two Tower members or was Lizzy pregnant? (Actually, this was pretty clear except to some listeners.)
More ...

LiamKerrington
Sep 26th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Wow. Thank you again Witch ...
Thank you for pointing to that detail. I missed that with the disfigured hand. I will pay more attention to #23 ... ;)

Witch_Doctor
Sep 26th, 2012, 10:15 AM
If there's any way for zombies to procreate in the more traditional sense (I shudder thinking about that, not gonna lie) then maybe Ink is just the baby daddy of all Inklings/Little Ones. Who knows, the tattoos might just be his way of keeping track of his kids! :p

Martin mentions the zombies having some kind of 'fun' with their victims in the arena. Yet, Samantha says that, 'they like to play before eating right away.' The first could imply the unthinkable. The second could mean that they eat their victims, thus meaning that the victims are not around anymore to give birth to Little Ones.

Unless, male and female victims are used for different purposes.

Yuck!

Witch_Doctor
Sep 26th, 2012, 10:24 AM
I'm courious about how can a tattoo needle penetrate the bullet-proof skin? Seems like they would have to have been tattooed soon after or prior to being turned. I've never had a tattoo so I don't know much about the needles. It could be that the needle is sharp enough to break the skin, but bullets and Carl's knife are too broad to cut through something fine within the skin that can stop penetration. Think of a seive. Small grains can get through but big lumpy pieces can't.

LiamKerrington
Sep 26th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Depends on the tools and technique you use ... Also: The Little Ones still are kind of organic. They are not made of concrete. And as for the tattoo: The needle does not need to get deep in order to get the color in place ...

Jannit
Sep 26th, 2012, 10:40 AM
I'm courious about how can a tattoo needle penetrate the bullet-proof skin? Seems like they would have to have been tattooed soon after or prior to being turned. I've never had a tattoo so I don't know much about the needles. It could be that the needle is sharp enough to break the skin, but bullets and Carl's knife are too broad to cut through something fine within the skin that can stop penetration. Think of a seive. Small grains can get through but big lumpy pieces can't.

My assumption on the tattoo is that they get it when they're young and much more vulnerable. It's fairly reasonable to assume that all parts of them would be less resiliant when they're younger (given that number five had his arm pulled off) but harden up the older they get. This might be confirmed with Tanya stating that the tattoo is "somewhat fresh."

Tattoo guns work kind of like a piston, I guess? The needle moves very rapidly and should cut deep enough to deliver the ink to the dermis level of your skin to deliver the ink. If a person isn't very skilled, the tattoo will be blotchy with uneven delivery. Some areas will be superficial and others will go too deep. I don't think the depth would be immediately apparent but it's something that you could pick up over time. In my personal experience, I've found that black tattoos tend to fade quite quickly in the first few months depending on lifestyle (i.e. how much time you spend in water, out in the sun, etc.) then more gradually after that.

Also, Tanya was able to do the autopsy so we know the skin isn't completely impenetrable to knives!

Martin mentions the zombies having some kind of 'fun' with their victims in the arena. Yet, Samantha says that, 'they like to play before eating right away.' The first could imply the unthinkable. The second could mean that they eat their victims, thus meaning that the victims are not around anymore to give birth to Little Ones.

Unless, male and female victims are used for different purposes.

Yuck!

If Samantha didn't look through the window, and there are no survivors, maybe that IS what they use them for. The human body can live through a lot of abuse, after all. I second your 'Yuck!' and raise you an EWWWWWW! Thanks for the comments!

Cheers,
Jannit

Verse
Sep 26th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Here is my idea.

Ink is an Inkling.

I know. Shocking. It has been said alot, but hear me out. We know the eyes have a meaning. They are clear and normal. I really believe that the "Zombie Infection" infects people differently to a degree. There is a common thing with each type. We have not seen a "Mini Behemoth" or a "Fat Fast One" and a "Giant Jumper" The few Behemoths we have seen are the same size. Fast ones are similar as well. I think that based on who infects you, you gain those traits within reason. Has to be a reason or we would have more Jumpers and Fast ones over others (They can get to people first).

Again. Within reason. If person A has it in him to turn Behemoth...he turns Behemoth. I think being attack by an Inkling makes you more like an Inkling....but now a full Inkling.

Back to TOWTM. I think he hunted the Little Ones out. He is smartish. I am betting he looked for others with eyes like his. If he was the crazy killer we think he is before he turned...he is evil and cunning. I really really think he simply found kids that are like him. He did not make them. Did not turn them. They seem to have it more together than the ones they turn. I think he found kids that had normal THINKING eyes like him. He looked in the mirror and said "They are going to be like me...." and made them his pitbulls and Officers. Skittles said that the Inklings get along with Behemoths. I think they are natural "Leader/Kings/Queens" and are able to control based on what they are. I really think TOWTM's found children like him because he can control them. He killed the Adults like him, but looked for kids. He can control kids. Adults think for themselves. That's why they are Tattooed. It separates them from the others. I don't think the other Zombie's notice the Tattoos. I think it is for TOWTM. It is him saying "You are mine." Like Branding. It is for his state of mind.

TOWTM found kids like him. That is why they have normal eyes and are like him.

Jannit
Sep 27th, 2012, 11:37 AM
If person A has it in him to turn Behemoth...he turns Behemoth

While listening to a few episodes trying to find out more about the inklings, I had a thought similar to this when they noted the Behemoth had acne. Specifically, back acne. That is a relatively common side effect of using steroids. What if the behemoths were just bodybuilder type dudes that used steroids who had a unique reaction to the gas? Assuming the gas at ground zero is to blame for the original condition.

Skittles said that the Inklings get along with Behemoths.

Yet the two inklings seemed to run away when the behemoth was coming for Angel and Kilani at the base! That was my take on what they were doing when they all of a sudden just disappeared.

If TOWTM is an Inkling, who is to say we don't find a big old 1 on his arm if/when he turns up dead?

You raise some interesting points, Verse.

Adventureless_Hero
Sep 27th, 2012, 01:53 PM
I'm leaning more towards the Inklings originating as human children or infants. Listening to the recap of Kelly's autopsy on WND 46, I couldn't help but note how she mentioned the Inkling was flat chested (undeveloped?) had no body hair, except clumps of matted hair on it's head (baby hair matted down?) and ...shit, I forgot what other clues there were. Well, the fact that they started out little was a major indicator to most of us.

I'm wondering if my first assumption about the "shark" teeth is wrong (in that the Inklings have rows upon rows of replaceable teeth) and that what actually is the case is that Kelly pulled out the Inklings baby tooth! Can't wait for X-Rays!

LiamKerrington
Sep 27th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Hi.

Underdeveloped chest, weak teeth, no body-hair ... Wraps it up, except for the stretch-marks of the skin and the lack of skin-pgimentation.
Listening to #33: ... female, tall girl, stretch marks all along the skin, skin without pigment, hard toned muscular system, few body hair, 6inches brown hair, eyes normal (not like other biters), #2 tattooed in (poorly, look somewhat fresh), fingernails extend out half inch thick and sharpened recently and abnormal color, chewing on nails not with those teeth having no deep root-structure (from the outside so far), flat chest possibly under-developed or small due to pectoral muscles, hard to determine maturity or age, very tight muscle system, normal fat-stores, first glance things look as they should (inner organs), bones much darker shade of yellow then other zombies' bones and harder, abnormalities of the heart (oversized by 30%, too many arteries) ... That's about it what you get from the autopsy in #33-3 ...

Lack of hairs, stretch-marks, teeth with week root-structures point towards children in formal life; super uber-bones, same with muscles and heart and number of arteries somehow point into the other direction, because: why would only specific parts of a body change beyond what is 'normal' for grown-ups, while others remain 'childish' ... But on the other hand: different organs, different bio-chemical reactions and developments, why not ... ;) That's why I stick with the idea that the first generation Little Ones were children in the first place - that is the ones we have met so far ...

All the best!
Liam

Verse
Sep 28th, 2012, 02:55 AM
The first Inklings have to have been kids. I just don't see the "They wee made in a lab" FrankeinZombie. Seems we are are starting to agree on "They were kids" idea. I just really think Ink found kids like himself. I wish we could see what happens if a Behemoth turns someone. We saw an Inkling turn someone into a Inkling like thing. Behemoths just crush and kill. No bite and release.

That is where my idea of the Inkling being kids came from. We know that there are multiple Behemoths. Due to there nature it would seem they don't make others. That means people have just...turned into them. So if they just turned...why can't the Super Zombie's (Inklings)? Search and Gather the kids that were Super Ones like yourslef and making them you elites.