PDA

View Full Version : World War Z - First footage from behind the scenes.

Red Shirt
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:45 AM
Raw footage from a zombie attack. No FX and no sound. It seems that this is not an 'official' release.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma8l5udOlvc

Thoughts?

(Huh, just realised its OLD... I just found it today. Didn't find it in a forum search, figured it would have been here.)

GingerNacre
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:09 AM
The dude on the ground is like a contortionist! It freaked me out just watching him. Some of the people running looked like they were almost smiling at him. Hope they worked that out in a few takes. LOL

Im looking forward to the movie as I enjoyed the audiobook immensely.

Loyal Retainer
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:17 AM
I'm really worried this movie isn't going to live up to the book in any way, shape, or form. I've already heard rumors that they deviated from the book so much that really its only WWZ in title and not the same in any other way.

7oddisdead
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:49 PM
I'm really worried this movie isn't going to live up to the book in any way, shape, or form. I've already heard rumors that they deviated from the book so much that really its only WWZ in title and not the same in any other way.

This^

Osiris
Jun 4th, 2012, 12:32 AM
I can't get behind this movie.

Loyal Retainer
Jun 6th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Alright just heard some more news. Apparently they are doing 7 weeks of reshoots in Budapest right now. It's usual for a movie to do reshoots but this is an exorbitant amount for any movie, especially a big budget movie. This usually indicates a huge problem with planning and direction for a film. I have a feeling this just bolsters the fact that many, many people will find this film disappointing.

Red Shirt
Jun 10th, 2012, 07:22 PM
I just finished WWZ (finally, after having it for >2 months.) and from what I have heard about the movie, it seems as though it will turn out to be a disappointment.

I wonder if it will turn out like my experience from Starship Troopers. I saw the movie first, then read the book. I was glad I did. The movie would have bit the big one had I read first.
I just couldn't let WWZ sit anymore though. It was screaming from the shelf, READ ME, READ ME!

Cabbage Patch
Jun 10th, 2012, 07:51 PM
The latest twist on World War Z is that the producers have hired Damon Lindelhof to do a "re-write" of the script prior to the movie going into post-production. I haven't seen anything like official confirmation yet, but when the rumors started breaking Lindelhof announced, via Twitter, that he was going into an extended period of "radio silence" starting today. I'm not sure how much of a re-write you can apply to a movie that's already mostly been filmed, but here's hoping Lindelhof can infuse some magic into the final product!

werewolf
Jun 10th, 2012, 08:08 PM
i have the abridged audiobook. I thought it was great. I hear from max brooks web site that they are going to make it unabridged audiobook. the thing that had got me is that. the movie isn't going be like the book. I though the book would stand by its self as a movie. I just hope its not a flop after all this time.

7oddisdead
Jun 10th, 2012, 09:10 PM
The latest twist on World War Z is that the producers have hired Damon Lindelhof to do a "re-write" of the script prior to the movie going into post-production. I haven't seen anything like official confirmation yet, but when the rumors started breaking Lindelhof announced, via Twitter, that he was going into an extended period of "radio silence" starting today. I'm not sure how much of a re-write you can apply to a movie that's already mostly been filmed, but here's hoping Lindelhof can infuse some magic into the final product!

And this makes me nervous...and excited...my emotions are confusing me. this will be a Netflix item for me in afraid...

Loyal Retainer
Jun 11th, 2012, 12:19 AM
So, it's going to full of gaping holes in the plot now he is rewriting it? Sorry, I kid, I kid (kind of) I just heard a story on NPR with him talking about Prometheus and the interviewer grilled him...

Red Shirt
Jun 13th, 2012, 01:06 AM

Principle Photography is complete and now they re-write?

So that's how movies are made now... backwards.

I fear that this might turn out to be one of those "legendary" movies that never see the light of day. Complications in post, IP skirmishes in court, a morass of distribution complications...

COsurvivor
Jun 15th, 2012, 09:16 PM
here is an article on the latest on WWZ

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/brad-pitt-world-war-z-a-behind-the-scenes-horror-story-report-article-1.1094967

God I hope this is worth the effort

abayarts
Jun 16th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Yea, anyone know if will be like an anthology style with the stories being told or a straight linear story?

Cabbage Patch
Jun 16th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Yea, anyone know if will be like an anthology style with the stories being told or a straight linear story?

The initial word was that they did drop the anthology style. It was supposedly shot so that the character played by Brad Pitt could be present at the key events depicted in the book, telling it all from his point of view. There's not telling if that will survive the re-shoot, re-write, and editing process intact.

7oddisdead
Jun 17th, 2012, 03:08 AM
And how will he manage to be at all those key events?

By traveling as a cloud of black smoke

cue the feel good ending!!!

Loyal Retainer
Jun 17th, 2012, 07:54 AM
C'mon, 7odd. Didn't you know Brad Pitt is a secret agent, astronaut, submariner, cowboy, soldier, doctor with a magical teleportation device which would allow him to break the laws of physics and be in multiple location at the same time? How else would he be able to recount the Battle of Yonkers, know what's up on the International Space Station and find out the only boomer sub that stayed under didn't have any infection 'til it surfaced? Magic!!!

7oddisdead
Jun 17th, 2012, 08:00 AM
And that's just what he does on Tuesdays!

Loyal Retainer
Jun 17th, 2012, 04:54 PM

Peter Griffin acting like Brad Pitt on a Tuesday afternoon.