PDA

View Full Version : How many time have you listened?

Robzombie
May 30th, 2012, 03:26 PM
I just noticed in iTunes it can show me how many times I've played each episode...Apparently I've listened to the first episode 31 times!!!!, the second episode 34 times, then it goes down from there. But I do know that I have listened from the begining straight through to whatever was current about 11 times.

How about anyone else?

Hellbringer
May 30th, 2012, 03:29 PM
I listen to each episode a minimum of three times. That doesn't mean I hear everything, though. Heck, sometimes, I hear the same "thing" over and over and someone has to point out that what I thought I heard is not necessarily what was said.

Osiris
May 30th, 2012, 03:30 PM
18.3 No Place Like Home: 23 times.

nikvoodoo
May 30th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Well I most certainly do not agree with what my itunes is saying because I know I've listened through the series 14 times. It says most I've only listened to once, and the most 8 times.

I could just keep it like that so when I bring up obscure references on WND it's more impressive.

Osiris
May 30th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Well I most certainly do not agree with what my itunes is saying because I know I've listened through the series 14 times. It says most I've only listened to once, and the most 8 times.

I could just keep it like that so when I bring up obscure references on WND it's more impressive.

Doesn't count plays on iPod. Women goes crazy.

nikvoodoo
May 30th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Doesn't count plays on iPod. Women goes crazy.

Let's just call a derp a derp and move on :p

ClearSights
May 30th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Yeah, I think my Itunes listen count is wrong.... It says i've listened to "Sirius: Bulls Theme Song" 817 times....hahah I don't think thats right

Nate Eeez
May 30th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Not enough compared to you lot. But this waiting weekly, sometimes two weeks, to hear another 18 min episode (after advert and credits) is too long a wait to hear my old friends' voices. I think I will go back and listen again to get to know those friends all over again.

Hellbringer
May 30th, 2012, 07:13 PM
oK, I think I'm jealous now, but I'm still not switching. Zune doesn't keep count on podcasts.

I guess I could move the files over to a more permanent place and let it count from there (like my music). But I like to have the series on CD as well. Definitely looking forward to buying season 3, but that's a different thread, isn't it?

Osiris
May 30th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Yeah, I think my Itunes listen count is wrong.... It says i've listened to "Sirius: Bulls Theme Song" 817 times....hahah I don't think thats right

Obsess much?

Lexter
May 30th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Ok so today I started the hole show again for the 5 th time :yay:
I think I'm just shan't to see if I missed any details.

COsurvivor
May 30th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Season 1 - about 10 times (own CDs)

Season 2 - 3-4 times (only on iTunes)

Season 3 - Twice so far as I don't want to miss anything so far

VEE
May 31st, 2012, 03:49 AM
Twice

Nate Eeez
May 31st, 2012, 06:56 AM
I just started to listen again this morning. Finished first chap. Interesting detail about Saul and zombie blood. Michael called him a guinea pig. Oh, the foreshadowing!

PuddleWhite
Jun 26th, 2012, 10:56 AM
I think that Itunes doesn't count tracks that you start but then don't listen till the end.
Anyway, I've only listened to the podcast ONCE. I get waaaaaaay too much into it (When Samantha died, i took a one week break to compose myself).
Thankfully, there's We're Not Dead, so i listen to them like 5-6 times so i can relisten to the episode without actually listening to the episode...
Then again, i did that with A Song of Ice and Fire too, and i needed, like, 2 months to start listening to that again... and now I've listened at least 13 times to every chapter in the whole series, highest being 56 times... So maybe WE's time is coming.

ellea
Jun 29th, 2012, 11:26 AM
three times

Kc
Jun 29th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Countless... but I'm obsessed

yarri
Jun 29th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Countless... but I'm obsessed

You too? I'm as well I think it might qualify as an actual addiction.

Solanine
Jun 30th, 2012, 11:26 AM
You too? I'm as well I think it might qualify as an actual addiction.

At least you don't have to find a strange man in a dark alley before you can get your fix.

turbo
Jul 16th, 2012, 04:05 PM
up to 15 times, I learn something new every time!

DannyBox
Jul 25th, 2012, 01:57 PM

WOOOOW your the winner!

Lilydragon
Aug 30th, 2012, 08:52 PM
I've listened twice all the way through, but I can't tell you how many times I've listened to the last two episodes. I downloaded it to my iPad so I listen to it that way. Now, I can't tell you how many times Ive listened to all six of the Trader Tales by Nathon Lowell. Scott Sigler is also a fave of mine... :o

Osiris
Aug 30th, 2012, 08:55 PM
RIGHT ON!

Bonus rep to whoever gets it.

Solanine
Sep 2nd, 2012, 12:46 PM
Five. Not including the times where I go back and listen to the last five episodes for bits I have missed. Or the times I listened to the seasons individually for easter eggs. For example after the second run through of the finally of season two I made the Hannah connection. I should really have put that on record on the forum. Although I'm sure others got it first time through.

wh33t
Oct 9th, 2012, 06:23 PM
I just noticed in iTunes it can show me how many times I've played each episode...Apparently I've listened to the first episode 31 times!!!!, the second episode 34 times, then it goes down from there. But I do know that I have listened from the begining straight through to whatever was current about 11 times.

How about anyone else?

I've easily done every Episode in Season 1 and 2 from start to finish at least 10 times.

runs4theheckofit
Nov 12th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Hmmm I've listened to season one twice... So not many

scbubba
Nov 27th, 2012, 10:32 AM
I've listened all the way through Season 1 and Season 2 in order twice. I've done season 3 (up to 35-3) twice as well. I've gone back to some individual chapters several times. These probably the most: Chapter 12 about 5 times, Chapter 23 about 4 times, Chapter 34 around 5 times, Chapter 35 about 10 times (the wait for the season 3 finale is killing me...).

Anybody got some favorite episodes they re-listen to more than others?

molson
Dec 5th, 2012, 01:54 PM
I’ve only listened to every episode once, but I’ve listened to Michael’s thoughts in the helicopter on the way from the downed tower, where he describes who’s left, (“and that was it”) quite a few times. I’m not sure exactly what grabbed me about that scene in particular, but I had my most memorable emotional reaction to the series listening to that.

scbubba
Dec 5th, 2012, 02:01 PM
I’ve only listened to every episode once, but I’ve listened to Michael’s thoughts in the helicopter on the way from the downed tower, where he describes who’s left, (“and that was it”) quite a few times. I’m not sure exactly what grabbed me about that scene in particular, but I had my most memorable emotional reaction to the series listening to that.

Oh, good one! Now I want to go listen to that one again.... :-)

Blues_127
Dec 5th, 2012, 02:25 PM
I've listened to the entire series to this point three times... not counting the fiendish behavior I exhibit waiting to score - when I scrape the pipe of my podcast feed hoping to find somthing I missed before.... just enough to get that kick... This is an addiction. At least the dude in the dark allie doesn't have an 'off season'.

Duffusmonkey
Dec 5th, 2012, 02:58 PM

Molson? Are you Bitter? If you are say hi to Salty for me!

I have listened to every episode at least twice, I am even considering editing every episode to remove just enough cussing that I can listen to it with my 11 and 13 year old sons, They love the podcast but my wife would KILL me if I let them listen to some of the episodes.

Arch_Will
May 17th, 2013, 04:24 PM
i'm on my second play through from start to finish.

Penguine
May 23rd, 2013, 07:26 PM
I started last Monday at 8am and listened straight from 8-9, 930-1130, 12-2, 230-350 Mon-Fri last week and Monday of this week and completed the 4th listen through. I find it simple to put on the headphones at work and ignore everyone and just let it play. Good way to make it through a week of pounding away at a keyboard inside my crap-ass cubicle!

pettybo
Jun 16th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Twice. The first time in 2010 and 2011 then again this year when I finally met another listener...a coworker. He's a super duper fan who told me about this forum and the fan/show created google maps(so tempted to do a gps scavenger hunt with a we're alive theme in L.A.)

kingisback
Jun 16th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Season one and two I have listen to about eight times but season three will only be my third time very soon

LeidaSebastian
Jul 23rd, 2013, 01:34 AM
mainly i listen to it 3- 4 times a day continuosly for atleast an hour

pmchawk
Sep 18th, 2013, 09:07 PM
I believe I'm on my 6th time through since mid-march

BrittonPatrick
Sep 19th, 2013, 10:04 PM
I would say two time..first was the last November 2012 and the other time was the same in year in December.

laura21
Nov 13th, 2014, 11:10 PM
up to 20 times, I learn something new every time!

raymoney
Nov 14th, 2014, 06:58 AM
A whole lot.

Eddiexx
Jun 1st, 2015, 03:14 AM
I've listened 8 times now, love it

Windsor995
Jun 2nd, 2015, 05:06 PM
4 times.....it helps when I am working on the house......perfect time

KPCoyote
Jul 22nd, 2015, 09:02 PM
I am on my fourth time straight through.