PDA

View Full Version : Beyond the Black Rainbow v. oh gawd

Osiris
May 30th, 2012, 03:02 PM
I'm about to watch the fuck out of this, and I'm nervous as all hell. I highly recommend the trailer be view full-screen with a solid, loud volume on the speakers or headphones. Will report back when I'm through the other side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0nmbeKd1Oc&feature=relmfu

Thoughts on what I just saw:

I can't really describe this flick too well, which as someone who makes claims of being a writer, I find incredibly distressing. If I had to liken it to other films? I would probably say this: it's like a cross between Altered States, THX-1138, and A Clockwork Orange. There's a girl. There's a doctor. There's a zombie. I must impress upon you right now that this is not--and I repeat this for clarity--NOT a zombie movie. I'm not certain that what I saw was a zombie, or simply my brain being unable to lay the image comfortably in another category.

There's lots of red. It's hard to see what's going on, everything looks like hipster paintings. The music is fucked up, but really cool and moody. Very reminiscent of a John Carpenter score, synthy and ambient. I have no idea what I just watched, beyond something really artistic and quite bold, considering the medium. Parts of it reminded me of a Tool video. The overall feel of it was very Kubrick inspired. It's an interesting vision of a past-future world. It's set in 1983, but somehow... not.

If you're into film, or art, or art films, see this film. I'm might re-watch it in a few days with a pane and see where it takes me.

7oddisdead
May 30th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Holy...i need to see this....now.

Osiris
May 30th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Reminds me of what I wanted Altered States to be.

Nate Eeez
May 30th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Was that Christian Bale? Ha! We've returned to bad '70s themed horror.
I would totally watch this.

Osiris
May 30th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Was that Christian Bale? Ha! We've returned to bad '70s themed horror.
I would totally watch this.

Michael Rogers. We'd returned to horror from the 70s a long, long time ago. 80s is where it's at now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SOur3WwZvM

P.S. House of the Devil is fucking :bowdown:

Nate Eeez
May 30th, 2012, 07:47 PM
I haven't watched horror in so long. I ate it up in the 80s. Good to see a new generation has gone old school. Kevin Smith's Red State is an awesome flick, if you haven't laid eyes on it yet. It's free on Netflix.

Osiris
May 30th, 2012, 07:50 PM
I haven't watched horror in so long. I ate it up in the 80s. Good to see a new generation has gone old school. Kevin Smith's Red State is an awesome flick, if you haven't laid eyes on it yet. It's free on Netflix.

Red State really was awesome. I would have rather he went with his original ending, but... money is money.

Nate Eeez
May 30th, 2012, 07:56 PM
I liked the ending. All clean.

Osiris
May 30th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Hey man. Spoilers. Clean that shit up.

Osiris
May 31st, 2012, 03:40 AM
Dafuq did I just watch. I feel nauseated and confused. Awesome fucking acid trip. First post updated with my thoughts.