PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 30-Short Term Memory part 1

nikvoodoo
May 28th, 2012, 03:43 AM
Your two week wait is over! Happy Release Monday!

And for American listeners, remember what today is all about: killer deals on mattresses and cars...............ok not really at all.

Happy Memorial Day.

Litmaster
May 28th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Pant, pant.....

Salivate, salivate.....

wh33t
May 28th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Pant, pant.....

Salivate, salivate.....

This.

I wonder if we will hear Burt or Lizzie getting tortured or maybe the story will switch over to Boulder, or back to Saul / Vic / Cj...

VEE
May 28th, 2012, 07:32 AM
I think this is the chapter where the new love interest for Riley is introduced, his name is Vee. Fingers crossed.

VEE
May 28th, 2012, 07:43 AM
I was going to post something else but I've forgotten what it was now.

awkwardalex
May 28th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Knowing KC we will probably hear from Cj/Saul/Victor first because we haven't heard from them in a chapter and now we just want to hear from Burt!

forgottenone
May 28th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Coming soon. right..?? I feel like I've been waiting forever. I hope it's a good long episode.

Litmaster
May 28th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Cool! Some new characters... spec. ops teams on a recon mission... more Saul / Vic banter.... and zombie babies???

I have to go out now... will respond in more depth later...

awkwardalex
May 28th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Knowing KC we will probably hear from Cj/Saul/Victor first because we haven't heard from them in a chapter and now we just want to hear from Burt!

I knew it

AdrianHD
May 28th, 2012, 10:04 AM
This was so good.

You have to wonder if the little ones are going to grow into Behemoths or if they just keep going.

HardKor
May 28th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Wow, this episode kind of threw me a bit. It feels like everything has shifted pretty significantly but we just don't know how yet.

I'm trying to decipher the chapter art. When I first saw it before I listened to the episode I thought I looked like soldiers investigating some kind of tunnel. Now I'm thinking it might be the group we heard from boarding the helicopter to get out. But I'm not sure which it is.

COsurvivor
May 28th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Wow, this episode kind of threw me a bit. It feels like everything has shifted pretty significantly but we just don't know how yet.

I'm trying to decipher the chapter art. When I first saw it before I listened to the episode I thought I looked like soldiers investigating some kind of tunnel. Now I'm thinking it might be the group we heard from boarding the helicopter to get out. But I'm not sure which it is.

you can see at the bottom of the image that their are tracks from the inside of a transport of a plane or in this case a helicopter. I thought Michael would be showing up and when I heard his voice i thought we would meet up with Saul...

Was a nice teaser thou for me...

COsurvivor
May 28th, 2012, 10:09 AM

you can see at the bottom of the image that their are tracks from the inside of a transport of a plane or in this case a helicopter. I thought Michael would be showing up and when I heard his voice i thought he would meet up with Saul...

Was a nice teaser thou for me...

HarleyQuinn
May 28th, 2012, 10:14 AM
I knew that Saul and Victor meeting up with the others was too good to be true...
Can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts on 'The Little Ones' growing.

awkwardalex
May 28th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Listening again and I liked the "Found" reference.

Now I never watched Lost but...I do know it ended in 2010...and that everyone loves to talk about We're Alive not doing a Lost. Did I get a reference?

I also knew that when we heard Michael that the "Search Party" to LA was going to have some trouble.

nikvoodoo
May 28th, 2012, 11:09 AM
So that was a healthy leap forward in the chronology wasn't it?

I had a sinking feeling once I heard the attackers that it was the little ones, except bigger. Same basic sounds but deeper. Also same MO hide in the shadows and attack.

Very well done ladies and gents!

KillerOwl
May 28th, 2012, 11:23 AM
hmmm so they grow... what does this mean that they don't need food and if they don't do the normal ones do .... where's pin suit.. hmm and i wonder if they will try to get into contact with the others

Godsendunlimited
May 28th, 2012, 11:33 AM
So we can not call them little ones any more, so how about skinny ones? Weasels? Skinny, hides in shadows to attack, sharp claws. Eh? Maybe not.

Chris_is_frozen
May 28th, 2012, 11:34 AM
You can also see a the body on the right is wrapped in plastic possibly so it won't spread

AdrianHD
May 28th, 2012, 11:42 AM

Now I never watched Lost but...I do know it ended in 2010...and that everyone loves to talk about We're Alive not doing a Lost. Did I get a reference?

Relatively. I think it was more a kick as to everyone always trashing the ending. I adore Lost with a burning passion, so I got a kick out of them mentioning it haha.

fridginators
May 28th, 2012, 11:44 AM

I also knew that when we heard Michael that the "Search Party" to LA was going to have some trouble.KC has mentioned Lost several times on the boards, as well as in some interviews, particularly with reference to its inability to answer all the questions it raises, so it was more than intentional. Loving these jokes and references KC, keep them up.

I had a sinking feeling once I heard the attackers that it was the little ones, except bigger. Same basic sounds but deeper. Also same MO hide in the shadows and attack.

Very well done ladies and gents!Yeah: so are the current events in Victor and CJ's timeline two-three months into the future? Well I guess it's the current timeline now - none of our heroes are in any current active plotline, as Victor and Saul retired to CJ's place, Michael, Riley, Pegs, Datu, Hope and Tanya (and Lady!) all have their destinations and duties very clear, Angel is dead (SO FUCKING SAD WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU KC) and Burt isn't really going anywhere. Indeed perhaps we should have predicted that we might see a timeline jump (apologies if you did Voodoo; I know you did mention before how we're going to see Season 3 really kick into gear now [like it hasn't been amazing these last few episodes? I hate you for Angel but I'll always love your work KC]). It did feel good to get the heart pumping again - that is something great about the audio drama vibe: you don't actually know what's happening, so you're far more on the edge of your seat than you are if it were purely visual.

But Nik, when did the little ones hide and attack before? I thought the attack on the Mallers' convoy was orchestrated by pinstripes, or have I just got that completely wrong? Scary how intelligent they're becoming. Interesting too how they're getting bigger - after all, I was wondering before what the hell the point of making these little ones in the first place was; Skittles never mentioned them being particularly fast or strong. Does seem like they're going to have an increasingly relevance to the plot though, being introduced bit by bit, first by Skittles, then a few chapters later by Lizzie, now a fair bit later here.
hmmm so they grow... what does this mean that they don't need food and if they don't do the normal ones do .... where's pin suit.. hmm and i wonder if they will try to get into contact with the othersYeah I'm wondering what the food sitch is - after all if you think about it, they're their own worst enemy in terms of survival... oh god what a fitting metaphor for human beings. I wonder if that was intentional; well I guess if it was it would perhaps be more attributable to Romero than KC, but still, interesting.

Overall I'm really excited by this new jump - it's thrown all of Voodoo's predictions out the window; I wonder if we'll even see Michael at all. Maybe we'll see all three (or four?) camps. After all now we have a reason to see the people from Boulder, being that it has been all this time. Whatever, as long as there's more Victor. We want more Otto Sturcke!

Bulldog711
May 28th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Very interesting indeed......I am very sad yet HAPPY that next week is delayed because of the AUDIES!!!! Pulling for KC and co to bring home the goods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael knows the purpose of this mission, and will give us the significance of the recon. With the months that have elapsed it allows for more puzzle pieces to have been put together, boxed up, and presented to us in a way that is unique to KC's style. The one thing I dont like is how it appears that Saul has gotten complacent, maybe the trio have found some safety and thus comfort in their new "home".....but we are talking about a man who was running INTO the firefight to get Lizzy but now he states he barely remembers her face.......wierd..........could this be a natural surival tactic?

2 weeks and counting....cant wait!

nikvoodoo
May 28th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Re: little ones attacking in the dark- they came for angel and kalani at the reserve base in the dark.

Osiris
May 28th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Based off the artwork, it looks as though there was some trouble on the way to Boulder.

Osiris
May 28th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Not a bad episode though. Good jaerb, Kc.

Osiris
May 28th, 2012, 12:11 PM
I laughed hard enough that my stitches hurt at the "Never Eat Shredded Wheat" line.

wh33t
May 28th, 2012, 01:04 PM
I've been really hoping there will be some intensity in the next few chapters. After Angel and Kalani took down the Behemoth at the base, The Arena to rescue Datu, The Colony etc I'm really content with where WA is going again.

Loved the episode. LOVED ALL of the dialogue between Victor and Saul (I would love to hear these two banter back and forth like this in any story line). Saul is still my favourite character. As for CJ, if Saul isn't interested in her she can have me!

The return of Zombie information coming back! Yes! So there are at least 12 of not-so-little-ones now. Maybe make that 11... They did kill one right? Hopefully Michael lets us know what the Recon mission was all about. Honestly I thought Michael would have been with them. You'd think sending a recon team back into his old stomping grounds would be silly with out Michael himself.

It sucks about another 2 week but the team sure deserves all of the awards and credit they deserve! So proud and happy for the whole team!

Pikepaw
May 28th, 2012, 01:26 PM
First off I was all WTF when Saul said December and only backtracked to November. "What about September and October?!" I said before all the eggs were collected. However from Saul and Victor's conversation I realised not much critical to the plot events happened in those months. Saul and Victor hung out with CJ and Michael was probably just organizing with the fort. We might go back in time for Irwin but I doubt now it was exciting.

Now remembering stuff like Chapters 4 and 15 shows us that KC is very capable of jumping through time in the story. This is obviously the biggest time leap yet. Still we skipped August 25th, a day when many great and exciting things happened and awesome people are born.

My last comment for now is that I knew the zombies were "Little Ones" I could hear it in their sounds. I guess they are "Not so Little Ones" now

wh33t
May 28th, 2012, 01:28 PM
I guess they are "Not so Little Ones" now

We need some nikvoodoo to let us know where in the Forums are the "little ones" discussed. Do we happen to know if the little ones are all built the same? Or is it like number 12 represents the 12th iteration (version) of these badasses? They kind of remind me of the "hunter" from L4D2.

Cabbage Patch
May 28th, 2012, 01:32 PM
you can see at the bottom of the image that their are tracks from the inside of a transport of a plane or in this case a helicopter.

I concur on the artwork. It looks like the view down the tail ramp of a cargo aircraft, totally appropriate for a Chinook. That bright spot at the top of the picture could be from the flare.

Mark_survivor
May 28th, 2012, 01:40 PM
i dont know why
but whehn i heard the little ones were growing, the first thing that came to my head
is that they are reproducing, the zombies
i cant explain it i just have a feeling
that somehow they are reproducing or creating new creatures and that they are growing

wh33t
May 28th, 2012, 01:42 PM
i dont know why
but whehn i heard the little ones were growing, the first thing that came to my head
i cant explain it i just have a feeling
that somehow they are reproducing or creating new creatures and that they are growing

Ink is one tricky Mutha... who knows what he is up too. Maybe Ink is like a "god father" of the Families or something.

Devilish Pizza
May 28th, 2012, 02:46 PM
i dont know why

In my view of the WA zombies, this wouldn't be too outlandish.
I believe them to be alive, not undead. So in the terms of zombie hardouts, infected.
This would explain an ability for growth and reproduction..... God damn, zombie mating brings up terrible mental images; Bits of loose flesh just shaking.... (Shudder noise)

Also, does anyone know what that Ft. Irwin guy was talking about, with not being able to see with the red filter?

opcn
May 28th, 2012, 02:52 PM
So when the chopper first shows up Saul says that he lost it into the smog as it was flying out. Why is there smog in LA? Do the zombies like to get the cars idling on the freeway? LA has smog because of two factors, widespread irrigation raising the humidity, and millions of automobiles idling on the highways every single day. If the people disappeared then the smog would go with them, that first rain probably would have been it for the smog for good.

Mikeyd2tall
May 28th, 2012, 02:56 PM
So when the chopper first shows up Saul says that he lost it into the smog as it was flying out. Why is there smog in LA? Do the zombies like to get the cars idling on the freeway? LA has smog because of two factors, widespread irrigation raising the humidity, and millions of automobiles idling on the highways every single day. If the people disappeared then the smog would go with them, that first rain probably would have been it for the smog for good.

what about the fact that the cracks in inglewood have...fumes or something coming out of them? maybe thats the "smog"

Mark_survivor
May 28th, 2012, 03:02 PM
In my view of the WA zombies, this wouldn't be too outlandish.
I believe them to be alive, not undead. So in the terms of zombie hardouts, infected.
This would explain an ability for growth and reproduction..... God damn, zombie mating brings up terrible mental images; Bits of loose flesh just shaking.... (Shudder noise)

Also, does anyone know what that Ft. Irwin guy was talking about, with not being able to see with the red filter?

good point
and yea i assume that the zombies are just people infected not like the dead rising up
but still i remember some chapters michael said zombies smell like the bodies had several days of rotting
but that might be because no one showers, so if zombies can be just people without their 5 senses
infected and almost dead

but gosh we have to wait 2 more weeks again to hear more about it :/

Devilish Pizza
May 28th, 2012, 03:23 PM
good point
and yea i assume that the zombies are just people infected not like the dead rising up
but still i remember some chapters michael said zombies smell like the bodies had several days of rotting
but that might be because no one showers, so if zombies can be just people without their 5 senses
infected and almost dead

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about them smelling like shit. Maybe the regular ones are zombies (undead), and all the specials were turned whilst still alive, and from bites (or Inglewood fumes) that would not kill them, and so can mutate.

Gah!!! With this beast that KC's made, it's so easy to have outlandish theories, that still sound sane, until two weeks later when the truth is revealed, and you feel like a fool for not realising it earlier

Leedo2502
May 28th, 2012, 03:26 PM

It's a lens filter that goes over the buisness end of a flashlight for use when you don't want the white light of the unfiltered flashlight to travel for miles and give away your position.

http://www.maglite.com/AA_Cell_LED.asp

There is a picture of what it looks like in the accesories part of that website

Leedo2502
May 28th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Based off the artwork, it looks as though there was some trouble on the way to Boulder.

Nah that's the inside of the Chinook

Mark_survivor
May 28th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about them smelling like shit. Maybe the regular ones are zombies (undead), and all the specials were turned whilst still alive, and from bites (or Inglewood fumes) that would not kill them, and so can mutate.

Gah!!! With this beast that KC's made, it's so easy to have outlandish theories, that still sound sane, until two weeks later when the truth is revealed, and you feel like a fool for not realising it earlier

gosh everything is too intense, we dont know whats up with michael and riley at fort irwing for the passed months
pegs datu kelly and hope its been 4 months
so whats new wit them? i think hope is gonna get her sight back
then tanya whats up with her? did she ever turn? is she still alive? is she an experiment? did they release her from the lock place where they were keeping an eye on her?
im sure she is fine but what do u think happened to her?
and the mallers, 4 months...you guys think they are still torturing burt? he is the only one that knows where they went
is he dead? is he one of the mallers now, is he about to die? like awww so much on my head

i missed angel :/

cupcakezombie
May 28th, 2012, 03:34 PM
I am thinking we might get more from the recon mission in the next episode and something will go badly wrong. Michael said at the start of their part the it had to be pieced together from various accounts, and at this stage it doesn't seem like they would have to piece together yet. Especially as he said that this changed everything, my guess is that it has to do with the bitten solider getting on the chopper.
This is the first interaction where we get to see the outcome of humans vs little ones. Although it was a 'crush' rather then a bite, the filed nails may come into play. If the nails are able to transfer zombie in a similar way to bites and they take her back to the fort...

Leedo2502
May 28th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Awesome episode! I was waiting to hear the bored banter on that LP/OP on who they thought was more "bangable" but then the female Officer started in on the conversation and that explained away the PG talk from the dudes there (Nothing beats the kind of conversations you have in the field while you are sitting on 100% security and running on fumes).

Osiris
May 28th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Nah that's the inside of the Chinook

http://wa3.cdn.3news.co.nz/3news/AM/0-Articles/152087/herc_32-.jpg?width=460

http://mtacusa.com/images/pictures/outside/chinook%201.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xk8mo.jpg

I dunno man...

Cabbage Patch
May 28th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Did anyone notice that Victor and Saul just inherited a satellite telephone? The RTO was the character called "Fowler". That's the same guy that was killed, whose bag our guys took. From here it could be as easy as hitting "re-dial" to get Michael on the line!

Osiris
May 28th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Did anyone notice that Victor and Saul just inherited a satellite telephone? The RTO was the character called "Fowler". That's the same guy that was killed, whose bag our guys took. From here it could be as easy as hitting "re-dial" to get Michael on the line!

Did not notice that, sir. Good catch.

Burnsville Kit
May 28th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Could it be that these "growing" zombies were children in-eutero when their mothers' were turned? COuld Pinstripes be numbering the ones born this way?

Cabbage Patch
May 28th, 2012, 05:04 PM
http://wa3.cdn.3news.co.nz/3news/AM/0-Articles/152087/herc_32-.jpg?width=460

http://mtacusa.com/images/pictures/outside/chinook%201.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xk8mo.jpg

I dunno man...

I can't guarantee that the image is of the inside of a Chinook, it could just as easily be a Pelican/Jolly Green Giant. It isn't a C-130, the rear cargo ramp of the C-130 doesn't go all the way to the ground like a cargo helicopter's does, and requires supplemental ramps to reach the tarmac. The rollers in the WA cover image are for moving pallets on and off of the bird.

awkwardalex
May 28th, 2012, 05:28 PM

On the We're Alive Facebook:

We're Alive - The Zombie Story of Survival ‎Emerson LA is in a box that traps the both natural occurrence of smog and the artificial stuff. http://www.ehow.com/​list_7248055_causes-air-pol​lution-los-angeles_.html --- Sadly, it may not ever go away.

trubkir
May 28th, 2012, 05:44 PM
After looking at the Artwork it seems the soldiers might be masked up with SCBA apparatus. The soldier closest seems to be at alert with his weapon in firing position looking down the ramp. I wonder if the Chinook had to set down in "Ground Zero" and Ft Irwin sent a team to investigate.

awkwardalex
May 28th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Theory popped up on my third listen.
After the episode opens Saul says:

Some old lifer once told me that after a few months you start to forget things…but after five…it’s been a long time since I wrote much of anything down. The tower fell around the beginning of August and now it’s December….now I’m playing a little catch up writing in this. I guess there wasn’t any good reason until now. But I’m gonna back up a little to November 27th.
The soldiers report it to be December 1st.

What is UNTIL NOW? By the date given this could be as little four dates after November 27th, to 34 days. [December 1st, to December 31] Maybe he is reporting the incident to someone…maybe Fort Irwin? He got the patch from the body, so he would know that he came from Fort Irwin [it could be a fake to Saul but he’s a shoot first kind of person], the tape nametag would indicate that he is newer because in this instance they can’t get a nametape as fast as they would before.

Red Shirt
May 28th, 2012, 05:53 PM
has anyone tried to find that "street" Southbay on a map of Carson or Long Beach? I checked and couldn't find it. Though I will note that there are a TON of tank farms between Carson and LB. My guess is they were scouting out fuel locations.

I'd also wager that the Captain's three week classified mission was Pantex.

trubkir
May 28th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Maybe they got back to Ft Irwin and Ft. Irwin isn't taking any chances on the damaged squad leader. This, in my opinion, is the best ending to an episode so far in this series. It leaves Ft. Irwin, and Saul and Victor, both exposed. Although I have my suspicion that Saul, at the very least, made it to Ft. Irwin. I can't point to anything specifically but the seemingly short jump back to November 27, "when everything went crazy", points to the fact that he somehow got Michael on the newly acquired Satellite phone. If not the phone they got the bag from the recon team's comms person, Saul might be able to surmise how to meet up with Ft. Irwin personell.

Red Shirt
May 28th, 2012, 05:57 PM
After looking at the Artwork it seems the soldiers might be masked up with SCBA apparatus. The soldier closest seems to be at alert with his weapon in firing position looking down the ramp. I wonder if the Chinook had to set down in "Ground Zero" and Ft Irwin sent a team to investigate.

Nahh, that's just a ProMask, probably the M40. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M40_Field_Protective_Mask)

trubkir
May 28th, 2012, 06:03 PM
I'm glad that KC didn't put Michael on the recon team and take the easy way out. I don't think Michael would go on any recon anyway cause that's Capt. Kirk crapola. He is better back at Ft. Irwin collating and analyzing the data and telling the recon teams where to go and maybe what to look for.

I did find it interesting that a Squad Leader that had spent 3 weeks in hostile country would get so slack with light discipline. Kimmet is going to have to have his DI's go over fieldcraft more thoroughly.

Cabbage Patch
May 28th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Late November is more than 3 months after the events following the fall of the tower, all of which except for Angel's death are known to have happened in the first days of August. Given Tanya as a starting point could there be an experimental anti-zombie vaccine by now, and could saving this wounded female Captain be what "changes everything".

trubkir
May 28th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Late November is more than 3 months after the events following the fall of the tower, all of which except for Angel's death are known to have happened in the first days of August. Given Tanya as a starting point could there be an experimental anti-zombie vaccine by now, and could saving this wounded female Captain be what "changes everything".

It is a "zombie" story so most people come up with worst case scenarios instead of looking at the brighter side of the outcome.

Leedo2502
May 28th, 2012, 08:48 PM
I can't guarantee that the image is of the inside of a Chinook, it could just as easily be a Pelican/Jolly Green Giant. It isn't a C-130, the rear cargo ramp of the C-130 doesn't go all the way to the ground like a cargo helicopter's does, and requires supplemental ramps to reach the tarmac. The rollers in the WA cover image are for moving pallets on and off of the bird.

The CH-47 ramp is rounded on most models as well... Remember we are looking at an artistic rendering of an aircraft interior, sure it is detailed, but it is still a rendering. The Chapter art for this aircraft doesn't show the hydrolic arms that are on the C-130 also nor does it have the upper door thing (not the actual term) that is in the C-130 also the height of the ceiling of the Aircraft lends me to think that this is the CH-47. And finally since the chapter starts off with a CH-47 I'm going to make the small leap and say that this is indeed a Chinook.

Based on my experince riding in both C-130's and CH-47's if this picture was a photograph instead of an artistic representation I would say (after wondering why the soldier with his M-4 at the ready has a transparent weapon) that we are looking at a Chinook.

KC I eagerly await you to put this to rest LOL

cupcakezombie
May 28th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Theory popped up on my third listen.
After the episode opens Saul says:

The soldiers report it to be December 1st.

What is UNTIL NOW? By the date given this could be as little four dates after November 27th, to 34 days. [December 1st, to December 31] Maybe he is reporting the incident to someone…maybe Fort Irwin? He got the patch from the body, so he would know that he came from Fort Irwin [it could be a fake to Saul but he’s a shoot first kind of person], the tape nametag would indicate that he is newer because in this instance they can’t get a nametape as fast as they would before.

I agree with you. As I said earlier, I also think the recon/chopper team have worse coming up, as Michael has to piece it together. With Saul also saying that something big coming up I am guessing it might be the same big thing.
My thoughts are that the rest of the season might build up to this December game changer, story lines merging back together and the end of season 3.

fighter
May 28th, 2012, 10:21 PM
little ones got the blunt living but contagiouswith a desire to kill,human traits living growing working heart

Kc
May 28th, 2012, 11:08 PM
Fine. It's the inside of a chinook.

Witch_Doctor
May 29th, 2012, 12:19 AM
You can also see a the body on the right is wrapped in plastic possibly so it won't spread

I thought the body was the injured soldier (female) whose lower body was crushed by a zombie.

Osiris
May 29th, 2012, 12:28 AM

http://smiliesftw.com/x/rofldancev2.gif

See how easy it is?

Witch_Doctor
May 29th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Could it be that these "growing" zombies were children in-eutero when their mothers' were turned? COuld Pinstripes be numbering the ones born this way?

I keep wondering if there is a reproductive connection between the boheomoths and little ones.

Big ones have stretchmarks-- rapid skin growth.
Riley noted a simmilarity in behavoir between salivating dogs ready to breed and salivating zombies smelling human sweat pharamones.
Zombies were described as having some sort of 'fun' or 'playing' with their victims before killing and eating them.
The slimy goo could have been some sort of zombie afterbirth splooge left by the lil ones on top of the MRE boxes in 'There Might be Others.'

Devilish Pizza
May 29th, 2012, 02:06 AM
The slimy goo could have been some sort of zombie afterbirth splooge left by the lil ones on top of the MRE boxes in 'There Might be Others.'

Oh, god. That brings up terrible mental images!!!!

Litmaster
May 29th, 2012, 03:30 AM
On Time Travel

Yes, Nick, it certainly was. I was a bit disappointed by the big jump in time, but it does make sense from a narrational perspective (and yes, I just coined a new word, Osiris, so put your grammarian referee whistle back in your pocket!). With the time jump, we get to now skip over a lot of the tedious revelatory material, such as:

Vic/Saul/CJ long conversations about their past histories and what happened up until this point
CJ getting the new guys acclimated to her resources at Dunbar and all the satellite farms / coops / safe houses
Riley's inital training on how to be a soldier at Irwin
Lots of boring missions of Vic/Saul running errands
All the introductory crap with Datu and the gang over at Boulder

Of course, we also totally miss out on what is happening with Burt, who has probably been tortured 8 ways from Sunday by now... [and Kc, a perfect element to advance the plot at this point would be to have an episode where Burt manages to escape from the Mallers, eventually to stagger all the way back to rejoin Vic/Saul/CJ and give them crucial intel on the location of the Mallers and Lizzy. Write it up, dude... you can thank me later :cool:]

I've been really hoping there will be some intensity in the next few chapters.
Generally, the long period of time a story covers, the slower the pace, so it is good that Kc skips us ahead to the good bits. Do you really want 20 minutes of Michael summarizing all the new procedures and crap he has learned of since coming to Irwin?

Kc
May 29th, 2012, 08:51 AM
I thought the body was the injured soldier (female) whose lower body was crushed by a zombie.

That is correct-

Leedo2502
May 29th, 2012, 09:01 AM

LOL! Thanks a million, I wanted to avoid the whole helicopter talk we had (that I had a large hand in) when the Tower guys found the USCG bird.

Bullethead
May 29th, 2012, 09:35 AM
I keep wondering if there is a reproductive connection between the boheomoths and little ones.

Big ones have stretchmarks-- rapid skin growth.
Riley noted a simmilarity in behavoir between salivating dogs ready to breed and salivating zombies smelling human sweat pharamones.
Zombies were described as having some sort of 'fun' or 'playing' with their victims before killing and eating them.

Disgusting thought, hopefully KC doesn't go down that road. However nothing is out of the question until it is disproven.

I am of the midnset that Wh33t is. That is that the number 12 of this "little one"'s hand is possibly the 12th version.

I don't have much to back this up with; but with all this time passing I feel that the "little one"'s didn't grow so much as maybe Ink just made a 12th batch of playmates. If they had been growing than I would only assume that the nails would have grown also thus no longer sharp. (easily could be refiled I know) Along with the Tattoo's of the numbers should be stretched and somewhat faded if stretched.

Let me know what you think.

Hoff4D
May 29th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Disgusting thought, hopefully KC doesn't go down that road. However nothing is out of the question until it is disproven.

I am of the midnset that Wh33t is. That is that the number 12 of this "little one"'s hand is possibly the 12th version.

I don't have much to back this up with; but with all this time passing I feel that the "little one"'s didn't grow so much as maybe Ink just made a 12th batch of playmates. If they had been growing than I would only assume that the nails would have grown also thus no longer sharp. (easily could be refiled I know) Along with the Tattoo's of the numbers should be stretched and somewhat faded if stretched.

Let me know what you think.

The number would be faded and stretched, yes. Making it hard for Victor to read....which it was, no? yes that would probably have to do with the dark, but could be due to the growing as well.

I like the idea of the iterations, but I dont think that's the case. I'm still of the opinion that the little ones are really some crazy creation by Ink and he just numbered them as he made them....and they're growing.

Also, since they're not so little anymore, I propose an acronym turned moniker: Little Ones became Not So Little Ones, becomes: NSLO. The NSLO's. (en-slows for vocal conversations). Just my mundane-not-adding-much-of-value 2-cents.

Great episode, but two weeks?! I sure hope part 2 is a long one! or maybe...release part 2 AND 3? :yay:

Bullethead
May 29th, 2012, 01:10 PM
I am relistening to the episode now and I just wanted to touch on the thought some had about Saul using the new phone to contact Michael. Didn't he open up by saying something along the lines of 'I'm still looking for any sign of Michael and the others' then follow that with, 'let me go back to november just before it got crazy'?

This would tell me that he will not get ahold of Michael this chapter.

7oddisdead
May 29th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Hmm. I haven't heard it mentioned yet, and if it has been..i apologize.

But how about the fact that tayna found a way to slow/cure/ whatever the hell is going on with her..could not ink the "uber" zombie, have found a way to accelerate/mutate it?...at the hospital there was mention of needles/vials..at the time I think we wrote it up as steroids....but maybe..it was something else entirely

Cabbage Patch
May 29th, 2012, 01:39 PM
I am relistening to the episode now and I just wanted to touch on the thought some had about Saul using the new phone to contact Michael. Didn't he open up by saying something along the lines of 'I'm still looking for any sign of Michael and the others' then follow that with, 'let me go back to november just before it got crazy'?

This would tell me that he will not get ahold of Michael this chapter.

Good catch! So we know that at the time of Saul's journal entry, some time in December, that he still hasn't had contact with Michael. The problem is that we don't know when in December that Saul made the journal entry. The incident with the recon team seems to have taken place on the evening of December 3/4.

It's possible that Saul is writing as early as the next day, and doesn't even know he has the Sat Phone yet. Or that he's talkied to the operator at Fort Irwin, but they aren't willing to trust him enough to give him details yet.

There are certainly plenty of scenarios under which Saul can never use the Sat Phone to contact Michael. It could be damaged. The number for Fort Irwin could be lost. The number for the phone could have been locked out of the system when it was reported lost. My favorite scenario has Saul dialing the right number, getting the operator, but when he can't give the counter-sign they hang up on him and never answer his calls again.

Adventureless_Hero
May 29th, 2012, 02:50 PM

I hope so. I really want to have Saul, Victor, and CJ meet up with the Ft. Irwin crew. I'm wondering if that is what Michael means by piecing the story together; he has a bit of what the troops are experiencing, and a bit of what Saul could tell him. Perhaps something "weird" is going to go down in regards to zombie actions that is going to be witnessed by both parties and they'll have to share their intel later.

With all this time that has passed, I'm wondering if Lizzy and Burt are dead. I can't imagine any reason Scratch would keep them around. Lizzy could get lucky and still be alive. If she is indeed pregnant, I'm sure the doctors there would have been able to confirm it. I get the feeling that Scratch wouldn't kill a pregnant lady (even though she just proved she has no qualms about shooting a defenseless "family" member just because he writes "F.U."). I don't imagine Burt survived much longer than Angel did. I really hope he is still alive, but I don't know why he would be. : (

Robzombie
May 29th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Hmm. I haven't heard it mentioned yet, and if it has been..i apologize.

But how about the fact that tayna found a way to slow/cure/ whatever the hell is going on with her..could not ink the "uber" zombie, have found a way to accelerate/mutate it?...at the hospital there was mention of needles/vials..at the time I think we wrote it up as steroids....but maybe..it was something else entirely

The needles and vials were part of the tattooing kit for the tattooing being done there, along with the clipping and filing of nails/claws. The hospital was a tattooing/pedicure spa for zombies. It's where Ink did his work.

Hellbringer
May 29th, 2012, 03:50 PM
I laughed hard enough that my stitches hurt at the "Never Eat Shredded Wheat" line.

I love compass and land navigation references!

Hellbringer
May 29th, 2012, 03:52 PM
I concur on the artwork. It looks like the view down the tail ramp of a cargo aircraft, totally appropriate for a Chinook. That bright spot at the top of the picture could be from the flare.

I absolutley loved the artwork. Maybe it made me nostalgic or something. Maybe's the Ghost Recon-playing talking, who know? But I like it.

7oddisdead
May 29th, 2012, 03:53 PM
The needles and vials were part of the tattooing kit for the tattooing being done there, along with the clipping and filing of nails/claws. The hospital was a tattooing/pedicure spa for zombies. It's where Ink did his work.

you can't definitively say that. I don't believe we ever got confirmation one way or another..

Litmaster
May 29th, 2012, 03:56 PM
With all this time that has passed, I'm wondering if Lizzy and Burt are dead. I can't imagine any reason Scratch would keep them around. Lizzy could get lucky and still be alive. If she is indeed pregnant, I'm sure the doctors there would have been able to confirm it. I get the feeling that Scratch wouldn't kill a pregnant lady (even though she just proved she has no qualms about shooting a defenseless "family" member just because he writes "F.U."). I don't imagine Burt survived much longer than Angel did. I really hope he is still alive, but I don't know why he would be. : (

Yeah, the same thought crossed my mind, A.H. I can see Lizzy's out being pregnant, but realistically speaking, I can't see Burt hanging around--if he tells Scratch about Irwin, she says 'thanks' and shoots him in the face. If he says F.U., then Scratch says "No, fuck you!" and shoots him in the face. The only hope for him at this point is an improbable escape....

...but damn, I sure hope he lives, somehow. Kc couldn't be evil enough to do ANOTHER quick scene where all we see of Burt is him getting killed ala Angel. He couldn't do that to us.... he wouldn't do that to us... he shouldn't do that to us....

...oh, and Kc: just in case that was what you were planning, let me leave you with this little clip for your viewing pleasure....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs-hrvOLgj4&feature=related

Hellbringer
May 29th, 2012, 04:05 PM

"the twin blade kind. chinook. military, right?"

(I like that quote)

Hellbringer
May 29th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Ok, there's a lot about this episode I liked. But the one thing that stuck out more than the others was Saul getting happy about finding NVGs and then bad mouthing them a few seconds later and gives them to Victor. I always liked playing with Night Vision Goggles until I absolutely needed them. At that point, it was better to go without them because the reason would be something so minor. Like at Ft. Irwin for a rotation or such.
Don't lose those nods, Victor. You might need them later.

Cabbage Patch
May 29th, 2012, 04:21 PM
I wonder if the Little Ones have enhanced night vision.

COsurvivor
May 29th, 2012, 08:43 PM
1- here is s. bay Long Beach, CA via google maps - this is right in the harbor area...

Red Shirt
May 29th, 2012, 11:55 PM
1- here is s. bay Long Beach, CA via google maps - this is right in the harbor area (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=XSv&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1920&bih=956&q=south+bay+street+long+beach+ca&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x80dd313a87163ea7:0xe780d95d9b1410f6,Bay+St ,+Long+Beach,+CA+90802&gl=us&ei=P5TFT7SNA-OQ2QWoxaDsAQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CAgQ8gEwAA)

Thanks for that find. I wonder if it wasn't just general recon or scouting of the tank farms I mentioned, but were they scouting out this off shore oil well complex (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.759419,-118.181477&hl=en&ll=33.75958,-118.177764&spn=0.010383,0.021136&num=1&t=h&gl=us&z=16)? Or any of the other three for that matter (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.746003,-118.151951&hl=en&ll=33.745539,-118.151135&spn=0.020768,0.042272&num=1&t=h&gl=us&z=15)?

A few other juicy things in the "neighborhood."

The refineries for said oil? (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.772637,-118.286297&hl=en&ll=33.771763,-118.281319&spn=0.010381,0.021136&num=1&t=h&gl=us&z=16) Another over HERE (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.779026,-118.235266&hl=en&ll=33.778831,-118.234064&spn=0.00367,0.005284&num=1&t=h&gl=us&z=18).
Notably large container yards HERE (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.725732,-118.251472&hl=en&ll=33.723661,-118.241901&spn=0.020774,0.042272&num=1&t=h&gl=us&z=15), HERE (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.738705,-118.257394&hl=en&ll=33.737831,-118.253381&spn=0.010385,0.021136&num=1&t=h&gl=us&z=16), HERE (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.756761,-118.23585&hl=en&ll=33.756012,-118.231387&spn=0.010383,0.021136&num=1&t=h&gl=us&z=16) and HERE (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.764396,-118.279603&hl=en&ll=33.764396,-118.275633&spn=0.010382,0.021136&num=1&t=h&gl=us&z=16)
New imported car transit yards HERE (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.769489,-118.254368&hl=en&ll=33.769462,-118.254476&spn=0.005191,0.010568&num=1&t=h&gl=us&z=17) and HERE (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.777533,-118.223265&hl=en&ll=33.777069,-118.221195&spn=0.00519,0.010568&num=1&t=h&gl=us&z=17)?
This one is a hike, but the one of the Defense fuel stockpiles underground here (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.770515,-118.300803&hl=en&ll=33.770996,-118.297734&spn=0.010381,0.021136&num=1&t=h&gl=us&z=16)?

(Oh, and hello to you too Dave! Wherever you are.) (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.769488,-118.300068&hl=en&ll=33.769522,-118.299738&spn=0.001835,0.002642&num=1&t=h&gl=us&z=19)

Survivor130
May 29th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Ugh.. Just watched the last two episodes.. Why is Angel dead??? He was my favorite and couldn't wait for him to be back. But instead he gets no lines?? Voice actor just not available??? Just another reason to hate scratch (someone needs to put a bullet in her head!)

daredevil
May 30th, 2012, 01:19 AM
Ugh.. Just watched the last two episodes.. Why is Angel dead??? He was my favorite and couldn't wait for him to be back. But instead he gets no lines?? Voice actor just not available??? Just another reason to hate scratch (someone needs to put a bullet in her head!)

Watched? Am I missing out on some epic video portion of this podcast?

Litmaster
May 30th, 2012, 02:51 AM
Thanks for that find. I wonder if it wasn't just general recon or scouting of the tank farms I mentioned, but were they scouting out this off shore oil well complex (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.759419,-118.181477&hl=en&ll=33.75958,-118.177764&spn=0.010383,0.021136&num=1&t=h&gl=us&z=16)? Or any of the other three for that matter (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.746003,-118.151951&hl=en&ll=33.745539,-118.151135&spn=0.020768,0.042272&num=1&t=h&gl=us&z=15)?

The refineries for said oil? (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.772637,-118.286297&hl=en&ll=33.771763,-118.281319&spn=0.010381,0.021136&num=1&t=h&gl=us&z=16) Another over HERE (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.779026,-118.235266&hl=en&ll=33.778831,-118.234064&spn=0.00367,0.005284&num=1&t=h&gl=us&z=18).
Notably large container yards HERE (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.725732,-118.251472&hl=en&ll=33.723661,-118.241901&spn=0.020774,0.042272&num=1&t=h&gl=us&z=15), HERE (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.738705,-118.257394&hl=en&ll=33.737831,-118.253381&spn=0.010385,0.021136&num=1&t=h&gl=us&z=16), HERE (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.756761,-118.23585&hl=en&ll=33.756012,-118.231387&spn=0.010383,0.021136&num=1&t=h&gl=us&z=16) and HERE (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.764396,-118.279603&hl=en&ll=33.764396,-118.275633&spn=0.010382,0.021136&num=1&t=h&gl=us&z=16)
New imported car transit yards HERE (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.769489,-118.254368&hl=en&ll=33.769462,-118.254476&spn=0.005191,0.010568&num=1&t=h&gl=us&z=17) and HERE (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.777533,-118.223265&hl=en&ll=33.777069,-118.221195&spn=0.00519,0.010568&num=1&t=h&gl=us&z=17)?
This one is a hike, but the one of the Defense fuel stockpiles underground here (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.770515,-118.300803&hl=en&ll=33.770996,-118.297734&spn=0.010381,0.021136&num=1&t=h&gl=us&z=16)?

(Oh, and hello to you too Dave! Wherever you are.) (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.769488,-118.300068&hl=en&ll=33.769522,-118.299738&spn=0.001835,0.002642&num=1&t=h&gl=us&z=19)

Apparently you don't know millitary guys too well. :) THIS (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1163&bih=809&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=beer+long+beach+ca&fb=1&gl=us&hq=beer&hnear=0x80c2cae84099d759:0xa1003afac42a8faa,Long+B each,+CA&ei=5uvFT6qIFMiJ6gHaqJHwBg&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&ved=0CBYQtgM)is what they really went to find... :D

Osiris
May 30th, 2012, 03:04 AM
Apparently you don't know millitary guys too well. :) THIS (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1163&bih=809&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=beer+long+beach+ca&fb=1&gl=us&hq=beer&hnear=0x80c2cae84099d759:0xa1003afac42a8faa,Long+B each,+CA&ei=5uvFT6qIFMiJ6gHaqJHwBg&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&ved=0CBYQtgM)is what they really went to find... :D

Where the men go when the women aren't looking.

daredevil
May 30th, 2012, 03:35 AM
Where the men go when the women aren't looking.

When they aren't looking? They never stop!

IamPaul
May 30th, 2012, 03:40 AM
Another great episode. I can't believe it is December already! That means Michael has fallen in line pretty well, and for the most part everyone has survived the past 3 and a half months. I cannot imagine what the mallers still have Lizzy for, but I am guessing we will find that out shortly. And just when you think there may be hope for surviving this, the Z's have created (or birthed?) their own creatures that won't go down right away and have their Freddy Krueger nails. Oh, and apparently super strength too. Can we formally blame nikvoodoo for the next 2 week wait? Good luck at the Audie's guys. You should win everything. This show is the best!

Osiris
May 30th, 2012, 05:04 AM
When they aren't looking? They never stop!

Were that true, the tower would never have fallen.

Bullethead
May 30th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Another great episode. I can't believe it is December already! That means Michael has fallen in line pretty well, and for the most part everyone has survived the past 3 and a half months.

Why is everyone assuming that because Saul has fast forwarded to December than everyone else has jumped forward with him? Tanya could have slowly turned and long since been terminated. Riley could have gotten injured or worse in a training Op. the flight en route to Boulder could have had an issue or two.

This is simply about Saul, Victor, and CJ nothing more as of yet. Lets not all get super excited and start thinking about Saul riding a Unicorn over a Rainbow to Ft. Irwin orMichael running through a field of grass into Sauls arms.

We'll know in due time what happens in the passing of the three months.

nikvoodoo
May 30th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Why is everyone assuming that because Saul has fast forwarded to December than everyone else has jumped forward with him? Tanya could have slowly turned and long since been terminated. Riley could have gotten injured or worse in a training Op. the flight en route to Boulder could have had an issue or two.

This is simply about Saul, Victor, and CJ nothing more as of yet. Lets not all get super excited and start thinking about Saul riding a Unicorn over a Rainbow to Ft. Irwin orMichael running through a field of grass into Sauls arms.

Pretty much the reasoning is because Michael jumped with him. Otherwise, his interjection into this week's episode makes very little sense.

Witch_Doctor
May 30th, 2012, 09:42 AM
What does Fallon say at 14:31 when he is marking points on the map? Something like, "Hey, what was that last (rev or ref) again?" This happens when they are waiting for pickup seconds before they hear the Tauntans.... er... little ones.

Robzombie
May 30th, 2012, 10:12 AM
He ask's "What was that last route again?", to which his Captain replies, "Santa Fe".

Loyal Retainer
May 30th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Long time listener but first time forum user, so hello all! Something I've been thinking about the sat phone is it might be a moot point. Aren't military sat phones encrypted and pass code locked? Even if they are using a civilian model Saul and Vic won't know the correct reply to the challenge question. I guess if Michael monitors the chatter he would know Saul's voice and let the others at command know that he is friendly. If not it would make sense protocol would dictate that no communications would be made with unknown parties.

nikvoodoo
May 30th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Long time listener but first time forum user, so hello all! Something I've been thinking about the sat phone is it might be a moot point. Aren't military sat phones encrypted and pass code locked? Even if they are using a civilian model Saul and Vic won't know the correct reply to the challenge question. I guess if Michael monitors the chatter he would know Saul's voice and let the others at command know that he is friendly. If not it would make sense protocol would dictate that no communications would be made with unknown parties.

Yes, however if they have recently unlocked the phone and didn't secure it wouldn't it be open for them to use? I'm honestly asking, I don't know how sat phone encryption work.

And welcome to the forums! :)

Robzombie
May 30th, 2012, 11:02 AM
I don't agree with the idea that just because a person on one end does not know the codewords that the signals/comms officer would disconnect. I don't know if it would be obvious that the call would be coming from a military supplied sat phone. If it is then they would try to gain whatever intel you can in that call, even not knowing whos phone it is you're going to recognize that communication and gain whatever intel you can from it. Also, the world now is a completely different place, one where I think you are inclined to speak with anyone that may be attempting communication, let alone from one of your own sat phones. You filter the intel that you give away, but you won't dismiss communication just because of codewords. Codewords ligitimize/verify who's calling, not the right to call. There are procedures for how to talk to someone that is unidentified.

(not talking about unlocking the phone or using the correct channel or whatever you do on a satphone)

Loyal Retainer
May 30th, 2012, 11:27 AM
I don't agree with the idea that just because a person on one end does not know the codewords that the signals/comms officer would disconnect. I don't know if it would be obvious that the call would be coming from a military supplied sat phone. If it is then they would try to gain whatever intel you can in that call, even not knowing whos phone it is you're going to recognize that communication and gain whatever intel you can from it. Also, the world now is a completely different place, one where I think you are inclined to speak with anyone that may be attempting communication, let alone from one of your own sat phones. You filter the intel that you give away, but you won't dismiss communication just because of codewords. Codewords ligitimize/verify who's calling, not the right to call. There are procedures for how to talk to someone that is unidentified.

(not talking about unlocking the phone or using the correct channel or whatever you do on a satphone)

It was just a thought seeing how tight OpSec appears to be at Fort Irwin. They did not tell any of the survivors anything that they did absolutely not need to know. You're right I think the the comm's chief would try to get all the info they could out the people on the other end but that would do little good for Saul or Vic.

Leedo2502
May 30th, 2012, 12:09 PM

The SAT Phones I used in Iraq were just a beefed up civilian model with a 6 didgit pin that unlocked the phone (more than 5 consecutive tries to unlock it and it would brick the phone). The codes that the recon team used were more for the recieving end to make sure that the initiating party out in the feild weren't under duress. So if Saul manages to unlock the phone and make the call all he would need to do is give them a SITREP and they would all go from there. The same would do for if Victor was alone and found the phone... The Irwin guys aren't going to leave some dude stranded because he didn't know the challenge and pass for the comms, the goal is to save the human race not mire it down with details protocol.

Leedo2502
May 30th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Another thing, if I was running operations I'd have that phone PIN on the inside of the battery compartment in case it did indeed fall into civilian hands, that way they's be able to make the call and get a rescue.

Leedo2502
May 30th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Yes, however if they have recently unlocked the phone and didn't secure it wouldn't it be open for them to use? I'm honestly asking, I don't know how sat phone encryption work.

And welcome to the forums! :)

All of the models are different and pretty much off the shelf products. The one I had was a Motorola where our S-6 shop (the commo weenies) added the extra wizardry to the phone to make it more secure. Other teams in our Batallion had different models of phones.

That said the one I had if you let the screen blank out in "Sleep" mode it would lock automaticly (it took about 45 seconds or so).

IamPaul
May 30th, 2012, 01:54 PM

Well Michael has jumped forward too, and if anything has happened to Tanya or Riley or the Boulder flight I do not think we would have had Michael putting together a story part. I feel he would be gone if anything happened, at least not in the same position at the Fort. I think we might start seeing some more forwarding of time. In story time it has barely been a half a year and that is because this past episode jumped to late November early December. I think that by the end of the series we will be well past a year since the outbreak. Just my opinion.

Zombiphobe
May 30th, 2012, 02:05 PM
I agree with Robzombie and Leedo2502. Just because Saul/Victor don't know the pass codes, doesn't mean the personnel at Fort Irwin would ignore them. Finding/rescuing survivors should be one of their main objectives so I don't think they would turn their back on a call from the blue.

Of course you know who else has a satallite phone.

Glen from the Colony.

Robzombie
May 30th, 2012, 02:30 PM
you can't definitively say that. I don't believe we ever got confirmation one way or another..

Not to argue or anything, but...when Riley describes what she sees as "a pointed silver pen, attached to a motor and battery", then Victor adds, "there's a needle on it"...thats pretty much confirmation as it being tattooing gear.

7oddisdead
May 30th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Eh...im not ignoring that fact..i knew after I posted the first bit I should have been more elaborate in what I was trying to say. So ill give ya that bit...yes, he likely tattooed the little ones there...but far too many things elude to experimentation..

Vials...most common tat ink comes in small plastic containers...main reason to use a glass vial is for custom mixed colors..or perhaps the numbers are not just ink..but laced with drugs of some type...thats the real point I wanted to make with what I said the first go around. Also, the fact that the door frames were all blown out makes me think perhaps the was the origin of the behemoths, angel and kalani got a nice...up close look at one of them..and we got no mention of tattoos on them...too many things going on in that scene to simply write it up as a zombie spa....but that's just my opinion, and I'm crazy..so take it as you will.

Robzombie
May 30th, 2012, 03:09 PM
ya ya for sure, no you're totally right with all that. Lots of stuff happening here, and as Riley and Victor move on from seeing the pen/clippers they see a room full of needles, so yeah, some injecting is happening...

Gahbma
May 30th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Am I the only person who hears a gunshot when the Chinook fully sealed its bay doors? It's at about 17:26 in the episode. I am also wondering how the zombie that attacked her crushed her legs like that, it wasn't a behemoth or a "little one." it sounded like the regular run of the mill biter.

COsurvivor
May 30th, 2012, 07:39 PM
wait the hatch is closed? damn need to relisten to that now

Gahbma
May 30th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Yes, literally JUST after the hatch fully closes there is a minor *pop* and to me it sounds like weapons fire from the interior of the bird.

Red Shirt
May 30th, 2012, 08:27 PM

I gotta tell you, I LOL'd pretty hard at that.

nikvoodoo
May 30th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Yes, literally JUST after the hatch fully closes there is a minor *pop* and to me it sounds like weapons fire from the interior of the bird.

It could also be a heavy lock securing the hatch in place. Especially given the context of the hatch just closing, I'm voting for that explanation.

Witch_Doctor
May 30th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Of course you know who else has a satellite phone.
Glen from the Colony.

Beat me to it. I'm worried that Ink might get hold of one and dial up Fort Irwin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRcle-JgnFA&feature=related

Leedo2502
May 30th, 2012, 09:26 PM

I don't see the recon team going for any petrol products or cars. Anything they want at Irwin is going to have to be airlifted and transporting fuel by air is almost counterproductive as you'd burn up almost as much fuel that you'd be able to carry.

That said I think anything that they were looking for needs to fit on a CH-47. Maybe info from the USCG base at Long Beach? Or maybe Irwin is making a move to take out the Mallers and/or the Colony.

My official thoughts are that they were looking for other survivors while looking for signs of the Mallers and avenues of approach on the colony

daredevil
May 30th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Were that true, the tower would never have fallen.

But scratch is also a girl... One stops, the other starts.

Cabbage Patch
May 30th, 2012, 11:49 PM
It could also be a heavy lock securing the hatch in place. Especially given the context of the hatch just closing, I'm voting for that explanation.

I agree with Nik. Most aircraft tail ramps are hydraulicly actuated and have large locking clamps that drop into place when they close. I'm pretty sure that's what we heard, the whine of hydraulics followed by a booming noise from the clamps that was quite distinct from the gunfire that preceded it.

Cabbage Patch
May 31st, 2012, 12:00 AM
Is anybody else wondering what was so important about the map that the recon team made? It doesn't seem like there was any need to put boots on the ground just to scope out a route. They're bound to have highly detailed maps of the roads in LA, and other than the cracks in Inglewood the only major changes to the landscape are the roads blocked by traffic. The current status of the roads could be checked more easily from the air, or even by satellite.

There must have been some high value locations that they were tasked to scout. Visiting warehouses or stores that might contain strategically important supplies? Or maybe their mission was to leave something behind. Did they set up webcams to monitor key parts of the city?

They probably were not sent to retrieve the storyboards for LOST seasons 4-6, since the LOST production offices were in Burbank.

7oddisdead
May 31st, 2012, 02:30 AM
I don't see the recon team going for any petrol products or cars. Anything they want at Irwin is going to have to be airlifted and transporting fuel by air is almost counterproductive as you'd burn up almost as much fuel that you'd be able to carry.

That said I think anything that they were looking for needs to fit on a CH-47. Maybe info from the USCG base at Long Beach? Or maybe Irwin is making a move to take out the Mallers and/or the Colony.

My official thoughts are that they were looking for other survivors while looking for signs of the Mallers and avenues of approach on the colony

I'm with you on this one...my only other thoughts about the situation are possibly scouting for confirmed zombie "nest" locations in order to drop bombs on the bastards...death from a distance. I mean really..we seemed to be teased about other recon missions of similar nature...what other purposes could those serve beside location of the enemy(I'm genuinely asking..as I don't really know besides my own common sense approach to things)

7oddisdead
May 31st, 2012, 02:34 AM
Is anybody else wondering what was so important about the map that the recon team made? It doesn't seem like there was any need to put boots on the ground just to scope out a route. They're bound to have highly detailed maps of the roads in LA, and other than the cracks in Inglewood the only major changes to the landscape are the roads blocked by traffic. The current status of the roads could be checked more easily from the air, or even by satellite.

There must have been some high value locations that they were tasked to scout. Visiting warehouses or stores that might contain strategically important supplies? Or maybe their mission was to leave something behind. Did they set up webcams to monitor key parts of the city?

They probably were not sent to retrieve the storyboards for LOST seasons 4-6, since the LOST production offices were in Burbank.

I'm not entirely sure..but were we given any indication as to what the route they were mapping out was? I'm curious as to if they are following a specific route for them, or a route followed by the zombies...see post above

VEE
May 31st, 2012, 03:01 AM
I’m not sure about the motivation for Ft.Irwin vs the Colony/Mallers. The priority must surely be the base and Boulder. If neither is in imminent danger from the Colony/Mallers then there is plenty for everybody to get on with and the Colony/Mallers can be left to their own devices.

I am wondering whether the mission was one of recovery, possibly in relation to an antidote/immunity drug, perhaps certain constituent parts can only be obtained from a specific lab or perhaps from a specific part of a specific type of Zombie!!!!

daredevil
May 31st, 2012, 04:12 AM
I’m not sure about the motivation for Ft.Irwin vs the Colony/Mallers. The priority must surely be the base and Boulder. If neither is in imminent danger from the Colony/Mallers then there is plenty for everybody to get on with and the Colony/Mallers can be left to their own devices.

I am wondering whether the mission was one of recovery, possibly in relation to an antidote/immunity drug, perhaps certain constituent parts can only be obtained from a specific lab or perhaps from a specific part of a specific type of Zombie!!!!

Maybe it was checking the direction the Mallers went after they scuttled off? Michael could still be ticked off.... scratch that, Is still ticked off.

Hellbringer
May 31st, 2012, 06:43 AM
Maybe it was checking the direction the Mallers went after they scuttled off? Michael could still be ticked off.... scratch that, Is still ticked off.

ha! scratch. pun. that was good!

forgottenone
May 31st, 2012, 10:26 AM
So after listening a few things that come to my mind are: after 5 months, you haven't been able to find the mallers? Saul, you are getting way too comfortable with CJ. Did anyone notice the kindness in her voice to him on the police radio? Quite a change from before. Interesting that CJ makes the plans and the guys carry them out. (Don't remember how Saul worded that). And, CJ wants to use the police radio probably because of the security on it.. does that mean the mallers are still around and you are concerned?? But you've been looking for them for 5 months now! Don't quite get that.

nikvoodoo
May 31st, 2012, 10:46 AM
So after listening a few things that come to my mind are: after 5 months, you haven't been able to find the mallers? Saul, you are getting way too comfortable with CJ. Did anyone notice the kindness in her voice to him on the police radio? Quite a change from before. Interesting that CJ makes the plans and the guys carry them out. (Don't remember how Saul worded that). And, CJ wants to use the police radio probably because of the security on it.. does that mean the mallers are still around and you are concerned?? But you've been looking for them for 5 months now! Don't quite get that.

The quote was similar to: CJ makes the plans, we execute them.

That sounds awfully familiar to the drum beat I was pounding on WND: Great planning by CJ but she's a shitty executor. Now she has people to put her good plans into action.

As for not finding the Mallers: Cj's plans don't let them stay out too long or go that far (at least that's the general feeling I got from from Saul) so it makes perfect sense they can't find the Mallers who are hiding down at the Colony.

forgottenone
May 31st, 2012, 12:13 PM

That sounds awfully familiar to the drum beat I was pounding on WND: Great planning by CJ but she's a shitty executor. Now she has people to put her good plans into action.

As for not finding the Mallers: Cj's plans don't let them stay out too long or go that far (at least that's the general feeling I got from from Saul) so it makes perfect sense they can't find the Mallers who are hiding down at the Colony.

Can you really see headstrong Saul, who has been determined to find his girlfriend, let CJ order him around? He missed the chopper because of her!! Oh, wait, I forgot, hee hee. the women keep the men in line :)... ha ha ha.. spoken like a woman huh :) (jk)

Leedo2502
May 31st, 2012, 04:30 PM

I'm sticking to the idea that they were gathering intel about Humans and not the zombies or any installation. If they were going to an instalation they would fly directly there they wouldn't drop the LP/OP team off at a distance and have them hoof it to Long Beach. The same would be true for reconing the Zombies. The best thing for that would be to drop them off on a secure roof somewhere and then fortify their position. If I were setting up an LP/OP in an urban enviorment (I've done it once or twice while in the Army LOL) I would want to get dropped off from a distance move into my hide site under the cover of darkness and then set in. The drill that these guys used was pretty much from the FM 7-8 (the Infantrymans Bible) and the 7-8 really doesn't play to well against the undead and if Michael is still running the intel side at Irwin he knows that.

Zealous2
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:27 AM
Long time lurker, first time poster.
My suggestion for the mission is that the team are checking out a route from Fort Irwin to the Port of Long Beach. (173 miles)
So many shipping containers there, some are bound to have canned food. Offshore Oil refineries are nearby too.
Also Long Beach airport has a Heliport with Helicopter fuel and parts.
Highway 710 is reasonably clear of cars since they drove the Hummer along there in episode 1. Also along the way they could pop into the reserve base in Bell and collect whats left over (unless the Mallers have been there already).
So hopefully they have been spending the last 5 months looking for supplies (food, fuel, weapons and ammo). Clearing a path on the way to Long Beach. Sending out recon teams, watching out for any squeeze spots.

daredevil
Jun 1st, 2012, 04:19 AM
Long time lurker, first time poster.
My suggestion for the mission is that the team are checking out a route from Fort Irwin to the Port of Long Beach. (173 miles)
So many shipping containers there, some are bound to have canned food. Offshore Oil refineries are nearby too.
Also Long Beach airport has a Heliport with Helicopter fuel and parts.
Highway 710 is reasonably clear of cars since they drove the Hummer along there in episode 1. Also along the way they could pop into the reserve base in Bell and collect whats left over (unless the Mallers have been there already).
So hopefully they have been spending the last 5 months looking for supplies (food, fuel, weapons and ammo). Clearing a path on the way to Long Beach. Sending out recon teams, watching out for any squeeze spots.

173 miles just for food? Anything else would be pointless, because we know the Armoury was pretty much picked clean. Why LA? Why Long Beach? Surely different areas would have better chances for food and survivors and would atleast have a chance of being less infected than we know LA is.

clem131
Jun 1st, 2012, 05:25 AM

I immediately thought of your quote while listening to the episode. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a nod to WND :) This episode has been the most "meta" so far: this quote, the reference to LOST...

Cabbage Patch
Jun 1st, 2012, 07:06 AM
173 miles just for food? Anything else would be pointless, because we know the Armoury was pretty much picked clean. Why LA? Why Long Beach? Surely different areas would have better chances for food and survivors and would atleast have a chance of being less infected than we know LA is.

Remember that it's been 3 months since we last checked in on the characters, nearly 7 since the outbreak. Shortages of critical items like food, fuel, batteries, ammo, etc. must be getting severe, By now all of the communities and military installations near Fort Irwin should have been investigated and picked clean. LA is the nearest major urban center, and has far greater potential to provide critical supplies than any of the alternatives.

krispmx
Jun 1st, 2012, 07:37 AM
ok first time poster. so lets see as far as my take it seems to line up with some other ones i read.

1. CJ seemed a who lot sweeter on the phone to saul then the ragin asian from before
2. I think even though saul is extremely headstrong one of two things happend. the situation called for him to calm down and submit, or two he's grown fond of her to the point he doesnt mind taking orders from her.

3. the team I believe came from where the base and are sent there doing scouting. kind of like when they went to the reservation the other time and they said they never saw anything before like they described. They might have been checking to see if their story lines up. I am sure they did this without telling Michael about it.

im going to listen again, but at least this was a little more engaging.

2bgood
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:46 PM
I love the show, but I don't get why Saul and/or Victor are not in a 'relationship' with CJ? I mean 2 healthy 20 something, time on their hands, candle light and the end of the world - you think they may try to have some fun?

I can see Saul ending up in physical or physical/emotional relationship with CJ. Once this happens you can be certain Lizzy will shows up and we get the love triangle storyline.

COsurvivor
Jun 1st, 2012, 08:48 PM
Has anyone thought that some other team that has gone missing is in the hands of the mallers?

I mean we know they Military Grade Comm Gear... Would stand to reason they hand ppl to!

Or maybe these "lost" teams/outposts joined up as they revolted against the Colonel?

daredevil
Jun 2nd, 2012, 05:22 PM
Has anyone thought that some other team that has gone missing is in the hands of the mallers?

I mean we know they Military Grade Comm Gear... Would stand to reason they hand ppl to!

Or maybe these "lost" teams/outposts joined up as they revolted against the Colonel?

Do we know it's Military grade? Perhaps just police grade? Or crazy red-neck grade?

Loyal Retainer
Jun 2nd, 2012, 05:44 PM
The military units are civilian grade satellite phones that have been upgraded with an enhanced encryption system. the thing with satellite phones is you just need a number to dial and it connects you with that number just like a cellphone, the encryption just keeps someone from phishing for the signal and eavesdropping in on the call. You would need some serious gear and a person with some superior technical skills to pull that off.

daredevil
Jun 2nd, 2012, 05:45 PM
The military units are civilian grade satellite phones that have been upgraded with an enhanced encryption system. the thing with satellite phones is you just need a number to dial and it connects you with that number just like a cellphone, the encryption just keeps someone from phishing for the signal and eavesdropping in on the call. You would need some serious gear and a person with some superior technical skills to pull that off.

MacGyver

Loyal Retainer
Jun 2nd, 2012, 05:51 PM
MacGyver could do it as long as he had some tinfoil, a shoe string, and a watermelon no problem. Aren't you with the communications group? Shouldn't you know this stuff? :)

daredevil
Jun 2nd, 2012, 05:57 PM
MacGyver could do it as long as he had some tinfoil, a shoe string, and a watermelon no problem. Aren't you with the communications group? Shouldn't you know this stuff? :)

Yeah, I'm the guy that hacks the secure Satellite phone encryptions........... but I do it with gum and a paper clip.

Slim FiTT
Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:19 AM
I don't know if anyone has said this but I think the "little ones" are infected kids from the hospital. Remember there was a homemade tattoo gun in the mental ward and we all know the "little ones" have number tattoos on there arms.

Loyal Retainer
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:59 AM
We've been discussing the idea that maybe Ink (the tattooed zombie) was mixing in something to the tattoo ink in an effort to genetically modify the little ones. Not only would the tattoo gun act as the delivery device for the genetic modifier it would also mark them for identification later on.

Drogon Malice
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:14 AM
We've been discussing the idea that maybe Ink (the tattooed zombie) was mixing in something to the tattoo ink in an effort to genetically modify the little ones. Not only would the tattoo gun act as the delivery device for the genetic modifier it would also mark them for identification later on.

i have no idea what this thread is about but i've seen what was posted above (aka the quote) and its making me wonder if Ink is marking or tattooing specific types maybe as personal slaves or something, in prison its not unthought of ot have a bitch or several bitches who you take food off or they go do shit for you, ink does also appear to be the tribe / pack leader

Loyal Retainer
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:34 PM
My thoughts along with quite a few other people is Ink is marking the little ones just like you would mark test subjects in a lab experiment. Someone else put forth the theory that the "12" that was seen tattooed on the little ones could mean the 12th generation or the 12th attempt by Ink at manufacturing a different type of zombie. Seems plausible enough to me.

daredevil
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:57 PM
We're Alive: Genetically Modified Children Zombies..... shit just got real.

Slim FiTT
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:01 PM
Oh yeah!!

Merlin1274
Jun 5th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Will definetly be interesting to see how it turns out. I think Saul and Vic will hook back up with Micheal/Fort Irwin and maybe stay where they are and be an Eyes an Ears for them..

Loyal Retainer
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Yeah I think it's inevitable that Saul and Michael get back in touch. If not I'm going to be highly disappointed. I'm hoping next episode we get to hear a little from Burt or Lizzy (it would at least be nice to know if she is still alive). I'm really interested in seeing how Burt's stay with the Mallers progresses. Does he escape? Does Scratch kill him? Inquiring minds must know KC!

Slim FiTT
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:30 PM
I think Lizzy is still alive. If you listen to the episode where Angel is killed(still mad about that Kc) Bricks is asked by Tardust to give him and Scatch a hand Chapter 29 part 3 9:20. He says "but I'm guarding her." Who else could he be talking about? Oh and I think she is pregnant. It might explain why she kept throwing up on Tardust when she was captured.

Loyal Retainer
Jun 5th, 2012, 05:37 PM
I totally missed that exchange apparently.

daredevil
Jun 6th, 2012, 03:36 AM
I'm betting that, Lizzy and Burt are also in the Hospital where Angel was. When we hear them talking and walking to the hospital they walk to each persons room, suggesting they're maybe a room or so apart. Also, I think that Burt was shackled as a precaution, however, if Bricks was watching Lizzy I think that, either she's really sick, or she has tried escaping already.

Robzombie
Aug 22nd, 2012, 01:32 PM
I just want to know what anime they were watching where Victor comments about it... "dude, that chick was busting out of her top, jumping up and down while her friend was being eaten by a robot", lol, not a fan of anime but it sounds like I've been missing something.