PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Mallers. Boulder?

mr boom95
May 15th, 2012, 01:39 AM
Firstly I must say this episode was an emotional ball kick.
and now i have more of a reason to hate Scratch
anyway enough of me rambling

This episode raised a question for my where are the mallers?

-It sounds like they are in a hospital due to the medical equipment and doctors monitoring Angel (rest his soul).

-There are doctors which suggests that they are in a safe protected environment.

-The doctor not knowing not to mess with scratch hint towards the hospital not being somewhere where the mallers have been very long so it is possibly where they were all heading around chapter 20-22.

so this gives me two ideas of what it could be

-Firstly the could of gone to the colony which is an old theory but it has the fact that we know the colony does have medical facilities. however when we left the colony the only medical staff aside from nurses was Tania and she left with Michael and Co.
-Secondly this is an absolute long shot idea what if the are at Boulder? Colonel Kimmet did mention that Boulder has began a medical facility where new medics are being trained this is a long shot but who knows.
-Or they could be in a completely unknown location

these are just my ideas they could be completely wrong. feel free to comment and leave your own discussions and ideas

VEE
May 15th, 2012, 01:51 AM
LA to Boulder is 1000 miles or so. A long way given the current situation, more difficult via land. I’d think that if they knew about Boulder, and were there, they’d already know about Ft Irwin. Seems more likely they are at one of any of the many hospitals in LA (the journey to Boulder would have probably finished Angel off before he got there)

Osiris
May 15th, 2012, 02:14 AM
Firstly I must say this episode was an emotional ball kick.
and now i have more of a reason to hate Scratch
anyway enough of me rambling

This episode raised a question for me, where are the mallers?

-It sounds like they are in a hospital due to the medical equipment and doctors monitoring Angel (rest his soul).

-There are doctors which suggests that they are in a safe protected environment.

-The doctor, not knowing not to mess with scratch, hints towards the hospital not being somewhere where the Mallers have been very long, so it is possibly where they were all heading around chapter 20-22.

So, this gives me two three ideas of what it could be

-Firstly, the could have gone to the colony, which is an old theory but it has the fact that we know the colony does have medical facilities. however, when we left the colony the only medical staff aside from nurses was Tanya, and she left with Michael and Co.
-Secondly--this is an absolute long shot idea--what if the are at Boulder? Colonel Kimmet did mention that Boulder has begun a medical facility, where new medics are being trained, this is a long shot but who knows.
-Or they could be in a completely unknown location.

These are just my ideas; they could be completely wrong. Feel free to comment and leave your own discussions and ideas.

Sorry, I felt compelled to do a little assholish editing on your behalf.

You've raise some very good points, though! I like where your brain was heading. Where exactly have the Mallers ended up? I don't think Boulder is likely, just the distance, the time line, and the fact that Scratch busted a cap in Angel's hamburger-shaped head with no repercussions--at least, none that we're aware of. However, that does not mean they aren't somewhere within the city limits, in a private dwelling of some sort. I would think that the Colony is a pretty safe guess, considering it's relative proximity and the time line... though--and I'll be honest here--I've lost track of how much time has passed since the collapse of the Tower. They had access to medical equipment, if I recall Tanya's introduction.

I would also consider they are simply at another hospital. I believe there is more than one hospital in Los Angeles. The appearance of a doctor? That does strike me as a sort of random injection into the story, so I am inclined to agree that they are likely somewhere familiar to us, i.e. The Colony--as much as I love a good long shot, Boulder seems too much of a stretch.

I like your ideas though, man. Keep 'em coming, I enjoyed reading them! +Rep for forcing me to consider that.

Sincerely,
That asshole who corrected your post, somewhat.

Mark_survivor
May 23rd, 2012, 08:47 PM
-Firstly the could of gone to the colony which is an old theory but it has the fact that we know the colony does have medical facilities. however when we left the colony the only medical staff aside from nurses was Tania and she left with Michael and Co.

I was reading your opinion about Tanya being the only doctor with some nurses, im not sure, but i think season 2, i dont remember what chapter, im gonna have to re-listen to chapter 18-19
i remember i heard Marcus talking to Tanya when Hope had the accident with Marcus, i remember that Marcus said that "she is not the only doctor anymore" i remember that part, because he was threatning
tanya that he can kick her out if he wants to, so im thinking that there are more doctors now at the colony, that why now i think the mallers are for sure at the colony

another thing i never understood
was chapter 20 part 3
when liz is telling tar that her friend will come and save her because they know where they live, but he says that he is not worried because they have a new place, that no one knows about by that time, im curious because when liz saw the place she
was like "noo :o"
so im thinking she has seen that place before, and the only place that i know she has seen is the prison, i had a little thought that what if the prisioners went back to the prision for a while? liz doesnt know about the colony, i mean when michael
came back from the colony she was already gone and no one told her because no one knew, so you think they went back to the prision by chapter 20?

GeneTwo
May 23rd, 2012, 11:59 PM
Saul checked the prison when he didn't find the Mallers at the Mall. Then he went to the stadium.

Bullethead
May 24th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Could it be the Hospital that Kolani, Burt, Angel, and Riley found the chopper on? I know this is highly unlikely but I am just snowballing off of Mark's idea that Lizzy's reaction tells us she knew of the place they were headed.

ClearSights
May 24th, 2012, 06:53 AM
Here’s my synopsis on all the locations...

The Hospital (We know of) - I'm saying there is a 5% chance it could be that. Just because they saw the masses of zombies coming and I’m guessing that the Maulers would not have the slightest chance to over-take that hospital.

Boulder - I'm saying there is a 0% chance of this. Yes, it's true we don't know the time frame but they would have had to take Angel 1000+ miles in his state to get there which would be impossible. And secondly, I don't believe that the Maulers could even fathom taking over a military complex. They could barely take over the tower.

The Colony - I'm saying there is a 35% chance of this. Just because the fact that they stated during those chapters that the only doctors there were Tanya and that other guy. Unless they had their own doctors and brought them along, but still I don't see them taking this place over after their numbers got diminished during the fight at the tower.

Finally, I’m guessing where they are is not an actual hospital or anything like that but a makeshift town. I'm guessing they already had a destination in mind when they were traveling and they found a perfect place to set up camp and for the doctor...that they already had some doctors in their "slave" group that they were saving just for this scenario.

nikvoodoo
May 24th, 2012, 07:16 AM
another thing i never understood
was chapter 20 part 3
when liz is telling tar that her friend will come and save her because they know where they live, but he says that he is not worried because they have a new place, that no one knows about by that time, im curious because when liz saw the place she
was like "noo :o"
so im thinking she has seen that place before, and the only place that i know she has seen is the prison, i had a little thought that what if the prisioners went back to the prision for a while? liz doesnt know about the colony, i mean when michael
came back from the colony she was already gone and no one told her because no one knew, so you think they went back to the prision by chapter 20?

As a point of clarification: The "no" was confirmed by Kc to be Lizzy's recognition that she was not at the mall as she expected she would be. Therefore, she would be harder to find for her friends because they only knew to look at the Mall.

Bullethead
May 24th, 2012, 10:44 AM
As a point of clarification: The "no" was confirmed by Kc to be Lizzy's recognition that she was not at the mall as she expected she would be. Therefore, she would be harder to find for her friends because they only knew to look at the Mall.

^ ... :meh: aww shux ...

Robzombie
May 24th, 2012, 11:29 AM
I'd put my money on Durai having seized the colony. We know that there were other medical staff there as Marcus had said so, and I also don't think that another location would be introduced while this ties the colony back into the story. Could someone like the Gatekeeper have been a mole? Works out that he already took down the colony leadership from the inside and Duria can just waltz right in.