PDA

View Full Version : Reflective Belt!

Leedo2502
May 14th, 2012, 09:03 AM
KC I hope you find some way to work in at least one refference to wearing a reflective belt on FT Irwin... I think that would make my day to either hear Michael getting yelled at for not having one on or to hear Saul complain about being issued one if he ever makes it to Irwin.

My two cents

Cabbage Patch
May 14th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Reflective belt as in those things used by the Road Guards during PT runs? That would probably fit well into a story about Riley's upcoming Basic Training.

Privateer
May 14th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Reflective belt as in those things used by the Road Guards during PT runs? That would probably fit well into a story about Riley's upcoming Basic Training.

If Riley does have to go through even an abridged basic, I think a time jump might be in order. :P I think the shows been thourogh enough to probably not miss something like that.

Hellbringer
May 14th, 2012, 02:01 PM
OMG (I can't believe I'm using that). Reflective belts!!?!??!! Or a road guard vest... Yeah, KC, please put something silly in about these monstrosities. I can't believe there were people more worried about service members being reflective at night than getting shelled/mortared out there in the sandbox. (not to be confused with "the box.")

Never got called out on it, but then again, I knew how to lay low.

Leedo2502
May 14th, 2012, 05:52 PM

In Iraq and Afghanistan the higher-ups go apeshit about wearing PT belts during the hours of darkness. I could see Col. Whatshisname going on about them.

I did convoy security in Iraq and saw nearly every base and FOB from Kuwait to Mosul and with the exception of bases run by the 101st (bias of my old unit not withstanding) everyone made a huge deal about the reflective belts.

Loyal Retainer
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:34 PM
Gentlemen, we need to have another safety brief on the use of reflective belts....

Red Shirt
Jun 8th, 2012, 12:30 PM
In Iraq and Afghanistan the higher-ups go apeshit about wearing PT belts during the hours of darkness. I could see Col. Whatshisname going on about them.

I did convoy security in Iraq and saw nearly every base and FOB from Kuwait to Mosul and with the exception of bases run by the 101st (bias of my old unit not withstanding) everyone made a huge deal about the reflective belts.

Dude, folks would seriously get their panties in a bunch over that crap. At Arifjan me and my buddy were coming back from the Zone 1 PX and heading back to Zone 2 just after sunset and got our asses chewed by a Major for not wearing reflector belts... Never mind the fact that we were in ACU's and it was optional but recommended. Never mind that she was driving an NTV BY HERSELF, after dark no less. Never mind that she drove down the wrong side of the road for 150m to get to us... With a salute and a smile, "Yes Ma'am, three bags full."

With more brass than an antique shop, it was an exercise in futility to try to make "on the spot" corrections as an NCO there. Mostly people trying to justify their position and rank than anything else really... Don't get me wrong, I have no illusions about what I was doing. It was an important position as far as I could tell but I was a REMF Pogue Desk Pilot for the duration... but I went to war and Garrison broke out.

I agree, working in the PT belts into the story would be funny and accurate. Despite knowing little about Col. Kimmet at this stage though, I can't help but get the feeling he isn't that kind of jerkwad. I would be very curious to know his pre-outbreak story. Kimmet may very well be the Brigade Commander of that Infantry Brigade that was supposed to rotate in. Given that the rotation was only a week away, the advance party should have been on station.

Leedo2502
Jul 6th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Dude, folks would seriously get their panties in a bunch over that crap. At Arifjan me and my buddy were coming back from the Zone 1 PX and heading back to Zone 2 just after sunset and got our asses chewed by a Major for not wearing reflector belts... Never mind the fact that we were in ACU's and it was optional but recommended. Never mind that she was driving an NTV BY HERSELF, after dark no less. Never mind that she drove down the wrong side of the road for 150m to get to us... With a salute and a smile, "Yes Ma'am, three bags full."

With more brass than an antique shop, it was an exercise in futility to try to make "on the spot" corrections as an NCO there. Mostly people trying to justify their position and rank than anything else really... Don't get me wrong, I have no illusions about what I was doing. It was an important position as far as I could tell but I was a REMF Pogue Desk Pilot for the duration... but I went to war and Garrison broke out.

I agree, working in the PT belts into the story would be funny and accurate. Despite knowing little about Col. Kimmet at this stage though, I can't help but get the feeling he isn't that kind of jerkwad. I would be very curious to know his pre-outbreak story. Kimmet may very well be the Brigade Commander of that Infantry Brigade that was supposed to rotate in. Given that the rotation was only a week away, the advance party should have been on station.

Dude when were you in AJ? I was there 2007-2008. We were doing convoy security out of there.

When we were back at AJ we pretty much stayed out of Zone 1 and stuck to our area (I want to say Zone 6 but that doesnt sound right, whatever zone had the Aussies and the big bay barraks.)

Deacon_Tyler
Sep 23rd, 2012, 11:39 AM
Actually, they should make some reference to them NOT wearing the belt, so as to better hide from the zombies!