PDA

View Full Version : We're Not Dead #37

nikvoodoo
May 14th, 2012, 07:21 AM
A new episode of We're Alive is impending. Therefore, a new episode of We're Not Dead is upon us!

Post your thoughts here and if you successfully bribe Britt and myself, we will read your comment on the podcast. ;)

VEE
May 14th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Question: Is it in any way wrong to have a crush on a character, one I have heard and never seen? I only ask as I am just a little bit in love with Riley <3

Is this weird? I suspect it might be.

Also, is it in any way obsessive to keep asking this question?

Adventureless_Hero
May 14th, 2012, 07:45 AM
I have a bit of a suggestion, rather than a question. Remember when I had submit my question via e-mail on a digital recording back when you had the pleasure of having Jenna McCombie on the show? I realize you didn't get to submit my question to Ms. McCombie but I do think that possibly accepting and using voice recorded questions from users would be a great way to have users be a part of the We're Not Dead podcast. Perhaps Britt, Nik, or whomever is co-hosting that particular week of the show can read the question out loud and later Beezeball could edit in the actual recorded question?

It's just a suggestion and I thought pershmaps it would be cool for users to hear their own voice on the show. Anygay, you folks are doing a hell of a job! Love the show and all the hard work you folks put into it!

VEE
May 14th, 2012, 08:11 AM
I have a bit of a suggestion, rather than a question. Remember when I had submit my question via e-mail on a digital recording back when you had the pleasure of having Jenna McCombie on the show? I realize you didn't get to submit my question to Ms. McCombie but I do think that possibly accepting and using voice recorded questions from users would be a great way to have users be a part of the We're Not Dead podcast. Perhaps Britt, Nik, or whomever is co-hosting that particular week of the show can read the question out loud and later Beezeball could edit in the actual recorded question?

It's just a suggestion and I thought pershmaps it would be cool for users to hear their own voice on the show. Anygay, you folks are doing a hell of a job! Love the show and all the hard work you folks put into it!

Great idea!

HardKor
May 14th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Well I guess the big question now is, does Nik gloat over winning the Angel Wars?

timberwoof
May 14th, 2012, 09:54 AM
I thought this one was cool. I always kinda knew Burt would return and definitely didn't see the Angle getting whacked. Do you honestly think Burt will crack and say where the crew went or planned to go? Even if he did do you think the prisoners would actually try going to a military base in chance there are still active personnel there? My guess Durai already had the idea of the military base and sent a scouting party there and came back with info it was still active anyway. Durai seems like the person to plan for several contingencies. If he is ex military of some sort I would expect him to think about the base as a possible safe haven if it had gotten over run and abandoned.

I see us moving over to Burt's story line the next chapter and maybe even dropping in on Saul and victor.

nikvoodoo
May 14th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Well I guess the big question now is, does Nik gloat over winning the Angel Wars?

The real question is will I ever STOP gloating for winning the Angel wars?

Osiris
May 14th, 2012, 02:33 PM
The real question is: How awesome will it be to listen to Burt and Scratch go at it for an entire chapter?! I think I about cummed my pants at the end of today's episode. Can't wait to hear the next.

Ra1th
May 14th, 2012, 02:34 PM
The real question is will I ever STOP gloating for winning the Angel wars?

saw that one coming from a mile away...

Kc
May 14th, 2012, 03:01 PM
saw that one coming from a mile away...

Now, now, play nice. Or I'll have to kill off one of Voodoo's favorite characters just to make things even...

But that being said, this was something planned for a LONG time.

Osiris
May 14th, 2012, 03:09 PM
:hsugh:

nikvoodoo
May 14th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Now, now, play nice. Or I'll have to kill off one of Voodoo's favorite characters just to make things even...

But that being said, this was something planned for a LONG time.

.....I love Michael.....

Osiris
May 14th, 2012, 04:25 PM
I <3 Michael as well........ :hsugh:

werewolf
May 14th, 2012, 07:29 PM
how about killing off nikvoodoo instead. oh i am just joking. geeze

nikvoodoo
May 14th, 2012, 07:30 PM
how about killing off nikvoodoo instead. oh i am just joking. geeze

You cant stop me. You can only hope to contain me.

Cabbage Patch
May 14th, 2012, 07:52 PM
You cant stop me. You can only hope to contain me.

Hope can contain you? I was wondering what her greater purpose was.

JambaJuicer111
May 14th, 2012, 08:25 PM
I felt a stab of sadness as a certain character was discontinued in the story by a bullet. Then I heard "other prisoner" thinking uh oh Lizzy is about to get the blond beatn out of her-which I think nurse Britt should also- then a manly cough and at this point im desperate for any good news, I think no that's not possible...holy shit... WOOOOOOOOHOOOO!!!!!! a certain ex-marine comes back from the grave! I think I see a badass termanator-ill-be-back-esque escape in the near future. And what escape would be complete without a flying squid that's propelled by sauls burrito farts as the escape vehicle

mr boom95
May 15th, 2012, 12:59 AM
has good morning
(listens to ch29.3)
has bad day

why must you play with my emotions Kc

Osiris
May 15th, 2012, 05:18 AM
has good morning
(listens to ch29.3)
has bad day

why must you play with my emotions Kc

He does it because he loves us. :love:

Adventureless_Hero
May 15th, 2012, 06:04 AM
I told KC that I was, for the first time in nearly a year, holding off on listening to the episode upon it's release so that I could enjoy it with my friends at a listening party. So we all heard it together yesterday evening. After the credits we all sat there, in silence. No one even drank their beer. It was a good three minutes at least before someone broke the silence by saying, "Damn."

I honestly did not see this coming. I knew that Angel and Burt were in Scratch's captivity, but I thought they'd all escape together. My friends and I were totally crushed.

Raven
May 15th, 2012, 07:12 AM
I honestly did not see this coming. I knew that Angel and Burt were in Scratch's captivity, but I thought they'd all escape together. My friends and I were totally crushed.

Ditto. We had almost a full season to prepare (and come up with alternatives) only to lose him again in one episode is disappointing. I was really surprised to hear that the Mallers not only have an actual Doctor but a fully working hospital room capable of sustaining him in that condition even if it was just to attempt to interrogate him.

We all now know that act that would make us all hate Scratch ( except maybe Osiris :P)

Adventureless_Hero
May 15th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Any chance we can get KC or Shane Salk on the show? It would be great to hear Angel's voice again, without ventilator tubes shoved down his throat.

Raven
May 15th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Any chance we can get KC or Shane Salk on the show? It would be great to hear Angel's voice again, without ventilator tubes shoved down his throat.

Not that is even matters but was it even Shane since he is otherwise engaged?
I am still hoping for Raith next episode

OH OH AND a 5 min BeezeBall rant on Scratch is due :) !!

Drogon Malice
May 15th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Britt can i buy you dinner if i'm ever in the USA again? ( XD i doubt it but still worth a shot)

Adventureless_Hero
May 15th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Just make a long distance call and order her some Buffalo Wings.

Drogon Malice
May 15th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Just make a long distance call and order her some Buffalo Wings.

click and collect wings probably better, remove the creep factor

DogFromDuckhunt
May 15th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Sad to see Angel go out. Was hoping for a heel turn with him getting with Scratch. Worse that he died before Saul/Lizzy. Shouldve seen it coming though. Can't be out here saving blind kids and puppy dogs and expect to live. On the up side, Burt might feel like a piece of garbage for questioning him. Loving Scratch and Tardust right now. Gotta be my favorites now that Angels gone.

Leedo2502
May 15th, 2012, 05:10 PM
I don't know why everyone is all happy that Angel didn't tell the Mallers that the tower folks went to Ft Irwin. If Angel gave them that info the Mallers would have to travel just shy of 200 miles of Zombie infested, car clogged roads. If the Mallers were that stupid to try They'd loose plenty of people to the desert and dehydration. Then upon arriving at Ft. Irwin the rag tag army of exprisoners armed with whatever they were able to scrounge would have to take on a larger force of well trained highly efficient soldiers from the US Army.

To be sure Angel did right by his freinds by not letting the Mallers know where the Tower guys went since Angel wasn't privy to what awaited them when they got to Irwin. But the reality is that Angel didn't save the remnants of the Tower, he unintentionally saved the lives of the Mallers.

Drogon Malice
May 16th, 2012, 06:25 AM
I don't know why everyone is all happy that Angel didn't tell the Mallers that the tower folks went to Ft Irwin. If Angel gave them that info the Mallers would have to travel just shy of 200 miles of Zombie infested, car clogged roads. If the Mallers were that stupid to try They'd loose plenty of people to the desert and dehydration. Then upon arriving at Ft. Irwin the rag tag army of exprisoners armed with whatever they were able to scrounge would have to take on a larger force of well trained highly efficient soldiers from the US Army.

To be sure Angel did right by his freinds by not letting the Mallers know where the Tower guys went since Angel wasn't privy to what awaited them when they got to Irwin. But the reality is that Angel didn't save the remnants of the Tower, he unintentionally saved the lives of the Mallers.

totally in agreement. I felt his death was too quick though, we find him messed up and then he's killed in the same episode i think it would of been better if he had been killed off a bit later just so we could feel sorry for his situation a bit more. hearing angel get shot and his heart stop on the machine only made my jaw drop. hearing how messed up he was made me think "well i should of really expected this" but i hoped he was all super heroish and escaped with broken bones and such, gave me a slap of realism and then my jaw dropped i'm glad Burt is alive though, i've been rooting for him

Britt
May 16th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Britt can i buy you dinner if i'm ever in the USA again? ( XD i doubt it but still worth a shot)

HAHAHA! Gawsh, if you listen to WND I think I'M the one who owes you dinner! ;D

Also, man voice is gone!!! YAY!

Drogon Malice
May 16th, 2012, 11:22 AM
HAHAHA! Gawsh, if you listen to WND I think I'M the one who owes you dinner! ;D

Also, man voice is gone!!! YAY!

Awesome!

and also i don't hear a no... :p

awkwardalex
May 16th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Nikvoodoo I wish we could have had a side by side video reaction of Ra1th and your reaction to the end of this episode.

Just teasing Ra1th.

Osiris
May 16th, 2012, 09:39 PM
I just want Britt and Nik to know that this morning, before going in to surgery I listened to the last episode of WND and the last We're Alive. That's how committed I am to you guys. Kept me from going nuts. Thanks, Britt :love:

Nik. :love:

Drogon Malice
May 17th, 2012, 02:27 AM
I just want Britt and Nik to know that this morning, before going in to surgery I listened to the last episode of WND and the last We're Alive. That's how committed I am to you guys. Kept me from going nuts. Thanks, Britt :love:

Nik. :love:

all the best with your surgery i hope it goes well

nikvoodoo
May 17th, 2012, 03:33 AM
Best wishes, Osiris!

KumarJankins
May 19th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Why??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nikvoodoo
May 19th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Why??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because you touch yourself at night.

KumarJankins
May 19th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Because you touch yourself at night.
Wow, that was out of nowhere. By the way, where is my We're Not Dead?:(

nikvoodoo
May 19th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Wow, that was out of nowhere. By the way, where is my We're Not Dead?:(
Out of nowhere is my specialty. ;)
We had a delay in getting one of the parts from participants. As such, missed beez's cutoff. Look for it Monday.

riskbreaker23
May 19th, 2012, 06:31 PM
We had a delay in getting one of the parts from participants. As such, missed beez's cutoff. Look for it Monday.

GRRRR...

Also, someone said earlier is it possible to get Mr. Shane Salk as a guest? That would be freakin' sweet. Lots of interesting questions to ask him.

nikvoodoo
May 19th, 2012, 07:06 PM
GRRRR...

Also, someone said earlier is it possible to get Mr. Shane Salk as a guest? That would be freakin' sweet. Lots of interesting questions to ask him.

We can try, but I know working for Disney is kinda like signing a Faustian deal....friends of mine who have worked for Disney/Dismey cruises disappear for months on end

Osiris
May 19th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Crap. I gotta wait until Monday? This is like the worst thing since Riverdance.

riskbreaker23
May 19th, 2012, 07:42 PM
We can try, but I know working for Disney is kinda like signing a Faustian deal....friends of mine who have worked for Disney/Dismey cruises disappear for months in end

Is he working for disney now? Is that why he's not really attached to We're Alive as much anymore?

Osiris
May 20th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Is he working for disney now? Is that why he's not really attached to We're Alive as much anymore?

He's all grow'd up now.

Shouldersmalone
May 21st, 2012, 12:57 PM
Hey Nik i know you have predicted that we won't follow the story to Boulder But wasn't Boulder where all the good guys headed in Stephen Kings the Stand a post apoloyptic story. I don't know if KC is a fan but bit of a coincidence !!

And Osyris what's wrong with Rivedance ?:zombie:

MenashaCorpse
May 21st, 2012, 03:44 PM
I don't mean to be "That Guy," but... any update? #37? #crawlsbackintohishole

Osiris
May 21st, 2012, 05:04 PM
I'm totally that guy. Where's my WND?

Clapacap24
May 21st, 2012, 06:40 PM
Yeah could be but what was that about him being a family member to Scratch and Duraey? I didnt like the sound of that but he did tell the F U and took
the bullet with silence. He was a true soilder.

trubkir
May 21st, 2012, 09:08 PM

Looked for it. You got me. You didn't say which Monday.

Osiris
May 21st, 2012, 10:25 PM
Waited all day for it. Never came.

timberwoof
May 22nd, 2012, 01:21 PM
???

Red Shirt
May 22nd, 2012, 01:50 PM
???

Indeed.

But you know, it is free entertainment content after all. I eagerly await as patiently as I can. I look forward to hearing the take on Ch29 3/3.

I just hope that it is garden variety snafu's and life things and that everything is otherwise OK.

(PS, I think the podcast about the podcast that is about a podcast about survival could be called "I'm Not Dead Yet." Draw your own conclusions there. :D )

Adventureless_Hero
May 22nd, 2012, 02:08 PM
I heard that MechaGodzilla got his but kicked by Godzilla (again) and just before dying and passing on to the great Digital Easter Island in the sky, he downloaded his memories onto Beezeball's compooter. So I think he is trying to edit out all the weirdness.

Yup. Thass what happened.

Osiris
May 22nd, 2012, 04:10 PM
I hate it when they do this.

MenashaCorpse
May 23rd, 2012, 06:32 PM
It's up. #schwing!!!

Osiris
May 23rd, 2012, 06:35 PM
It was amazing to listen to Ra1th move through the 9 stages right before my... ears... good episode. Don't know if it was worth waiting almost a full week, but it was awesome to hear a voice from the past return.

JambaJuicer111
May 23rd, 2012, 08:57 PM
Great episode! Its good to hear u guys again after a stressful week.
P.s. Ra1th, to answer ur question, I have an impulse to put 111 after my usernames for some reason. Always have

awkwardalex
May 23rd, 2012, 09:15 PM
So just downloaded the episode...ra1th and nikvoodoo oh no.

beezball
May 24th, 2012, 05:45 AM
I heard that MechaGodzilla got his but kicked by Godzilla (again) and just before dying and passing on to the great Digital Easter Island in the sky, he downloaded his memories onto Beezeball's compooter. So I think he is trying to edit out all the weirdness.

Yup. Thass what happened.

Actually the real reason it took a week too long is a long story. First of all I didn't get Ra1th's file till Saturday when it was too late, I normally edit on Thursday. I then planned on editing it on Monday, and the moment I started, my wife called in a state of shock because someone hit her in her car and totaled it. We then spent the rest of the day in the E.R. (don't worry, she's fine). And that same day I came down with a fever of 102.8 and almost had to go to the E.R. myself, and it's just now starting to pass. Sooooo, sorry?

In summation, blame Ra1th for not sending me the file on time because it would have been out before all of this!

P.S. I put a lot of work into the recap portion this episode.

MenashaCorpse
May 24th, 2012, 05:52 AM
Actually the real reason it took a week too long is a long story. First of all I didn't get Ra1th's file till Saturday when it was too late, I normally edit on Thursday. I then planned on editing it on Monday, and the moment I started, my wife called in a state of shock because someone hit her in her car and totaled it. We then spent the rest of the day in the E.R. (don't worry, she's fine). And that same day I came down with a fever of 102.8 and almost had to go to the E.R. myself, and it's just now starting to pass. Sooooo, sorry?

In summation, blame Ra1th for not sending me the file on time because it would have been out before all of this!

Holy Balls!! Hope things improve! Yikes. Good job as always.

nikvoodoo
May 24th, 2012, 06:16 AM

It definitely showed! I was listening this morning and was like "wow....this sounds great!"

Especially that part about the sedatives.....;)

beezball
May 24th, 2012, 06:21 AM
You bet, we're just thankful our son wasn't in the car!

Adventureless_Hero
May 24th, 2012, 06:40 AM

Mecha-Godzilla was kept Ra1th from sending in his portion. He was also driving the other car.

Seriously, I'm glad everyone is okay. That was a pretty damn high temperature you had there Beez (Mecha-Godzilla was likely shooting you with his Space Beam). I look forward to listening to the episode. :D

nikvoodoo
May 24th, 2012, 06:42 AM
I'm actually curious what the episode would have sounded like if you had edited while you had that fever....That would be interesting probably!

beezball
May 24th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Well I wasn't on any good drugs, so probably not that different. Though I was still running a low fever while I edited it yesterday.

Drogon Malice
May 24th, 2012, 08:53 AM
something for wraith, he mentioned something about gangsters in the podcast i figured he might like this http://tinyurl.com/ctjjr2a

Drogon Malice
May 24th, 2012, 08:54 AM
ooooh theres a question about slow turning...... might have to go on another epic zombie thoery rant!

seriously why has no one read my zombie thoery!

nikvoodoo
May 24th, 2012, 09:09 AM

Because War and Peace is shorter. ;)

That's a whole lot to digest, man!

Drogon Malice
May 24th, 2012, 09:14 AM
LOL wait till i write my thesis on slow turning....

sorry its long but fuck if i know how to make it shorter.

edit
sorry its not gonna be a thesis i just wanted so sound smart for a god damn change XD

also Nick what do you think of WND and WA heading out to london england for all us english fans, what are your thoughts on that could be called "the convoy event" or something.

yarri
May 24th, 2012, 09:15 AM
ooooh theres a question about slow turning...... might have to go on another epic zombie thoery rant!

I think you should post it in sections rather then fill the buffer. It might be easier to read that way.

Drogon Malice
May 24th, 2012, 09:17 AM
I think you should post it in sections rather then fill the buffer. It might be easier to read that way.

point, i'm going away tonight though.... shit i don't have time to cut it down and chop and change it!

yarri
May 24th, 2012, 09:18 AM
point, i'm going away tonight though.... shit i don't have time to cut it down and chop and change it!

Who said chop, or cut down or change.. just post it in sections that can be read easier..

Drogon Malice
May 24th, 2012, 09:23 AM
thats what i ment by chop and change

Adventureless_Hero
May 24th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Great episode you all. It was well worth the wait. I'm thankful we even had an episode to enjoy considering the personal hell you all went through trying to get it up for us. Many thanks!

Nik, I too enjoy running over pedestrians...in video games. Hummer:) And considering how many people waste time doing just random people-flattening in GTA games, I have to wonder, what the hell is wrong with us?!

I agree with Ra1th on the notion that there is no slow-turner breed of zombie but rather it's all just circumstantial. Depending on how you got bit, how deep the wound was, how much of the infected's saliva got into your system, etc.

I also like to nurture the possibility that the infected can turn on or off it's venom output. Certainly a bite will likely be infections 99% of the time, but perhaps a flesh-biter can maximize it's potential to infect by activating it's salivary glands, as how Lizzy and Riley noticed during the sweat jar test. I dunno. Its a theory I like to entertain.

Also, I'm not sure what Kimmet can gain by retaking L.A., BUTT, he may want to know more about ground-zero. So that could be the likely reason to return to L.A. (is that a Kurt Russel/Snake Pliskin movie; Return to L.A.?)

I agree with Nik in regards to the location of the mallers. I do believe they are at the Colony. What the terms are there, I do not know. It could be they took over by force since Victor, Kelly, and Pegs saw to it the Colony didn't have much ammo left in their reserve, or it could be that Gatekeeper (or whomever is the big swinging cock of the walk the walk talk the talk your ass can't cash) is actually part of "the family" too and just let Durai and Scratch waltz right on in to Liberty Park and plant the Maller flag.

NO AMOUNT OF HORSESHOES CAN BRING [ANGEL] BACK, JAMBA JUICE THREESOMES and whoever sent Ra1th the "You mad, bro?" text had me laughing my ass off!

Nik, feck you for pinning Angel's death on Saul! It was Angel's own fault for not pulling out his side arm and popping Scratch in the face the day they met in the tower stairwell! :P

Thank you for the next Chapter title. Now my brain is all a whurr!

I'm going to send Ra1th eight pies! Octo-pie! :P

Overall, good show guys, and gal! Britt, glad you are feeling better. Nik, glad you are still awesome. Ra1th, it was good to hear you on an episode again. It was a throwback to the old school WND. Beez, you are the man! We need to do something for you. We'll have Drogon Malice buy you some dinner or something!

HardKor
May 24th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Also, I'm not sure what Kimmet can gain by retaking L.A., BUTT, he may want to know more about ground-zero. So that could be the likely reason to return to L.A. (is that a Kurt Russel/Snake Pliskin movie; Return to L.A.?)

I was thinking the same thing, It seems likely Michael could get sent back to L.A. to investigate ground zero. Or it's also possible Kimmet will be interested in securing The Colony. They are interested in search and rescue and there is somewhere between a couple hundred and a thousand survivors down there trapped living under the corrupt leadership of Gatekeeper.

beezball
May 24th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Beez, you are the man! We need to do something for you. We'll have Drogon Malice buy you some dinner or something!

Hmmm... Dinner is good.

Tielurrdee
May 24th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Ok so I wanted to post this because ra1th brought this topic up on the podcast. When 29 3-3 came out a co worker and I discussed how or why Tanya could ever get out of quarantine. I can't take full credit I think my co worker actually said this. But think of it if we all suspect that Michael is going back to LA at some time to do MI work then he will need a team that will include a field medic which will be no other then ..... Tanya. Possibly because kimmett does not want to risk other losing more people and I'm sure there could be a long list why including not keeping her in a room forever. Anyways that's that. Next I won't say the title for 30 but it was said on the podcast I could suspect that it might start off with Burt suffering with the problem mentioned in the title because as Brit said burt didn't call her scar face??? Hopefully you all get where I'm going with this. Also I'll throw a crazy thought about the title are we going to see Duncan again who suffers from PTSD which also seems to cause the same condition as the title says. I think that cj sal and victor might find some skittles :D

Ra1th
May 24th, 2012, 02:06 PM
In my defense, we recorded Thursday night, and I had it sent by Friday afternoon. 1899

Osiris
May 24th, 2012, 02:38 PM
In my defense, we recorded Thursday night, and I had it sent by Friday afternoon. 1899

Nobody blames you, broseph. I place the blame where it needs to be: nikvoodoo

Z Sniper
May 24th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the love Britt, Voodoo, and Raith! Hey Raith, remind be to give you a great big bear hug at the next event, considering your hero is dead,....his arms are a bit immobile.

nikvoodoo
May 24th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Nobody blames you, broseph. I place the blame where it needs to be: nikvoodoo

Oh do 'Splain, Lucy.

Osiris
May 24th, 2012, 03:55 PM
http://smiliesftw.com/x/roflpuke2.gif Easy, bro. I can't blame Ralth... he's grieving. I can't blame Britt because she's Britt... just leaves you, man.

nikvoodoo
May 24th, 2012, 03:57 PM
http://smiliesftw.com/x/roflpuke2.gif Easy, bro. I can't blame Ralth... he's grieving. I can't blame Britt because she's Britt... just leaves you, man.

I can accept blame so long as there is no good reason attached. That works for me. :p

Ra1th
May 24th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the love Britt, Voodoo, and Raith! Hey Raith, remind be to give you a great big bear hug at the next event, considering your hero is dead,....his arms are a bit immobile.

oh man I'm so looking forward to the next event! I think Kc's gonna let me help out. You'll be there?

Osiris
May 24th, 2012, 04:20 PM
I can accept blame so long as there is no good reason attached. That works for me. :p

:love:

Nate Eeez
May 24th, 2012, 04:34 PM
You guys threw around the mafia theories and danced around the quotes that surrounded my gypsy theory totally making my heart sink. It may not be a sound theory but damn so close to a mention.

Osiris
May 24th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Wait... what gypsy theory? I'm totally fucking slipping lately. Damn pills.

nikvoodoo
May 24th, 2012, 04:39 PM
You guys threw around the mafia theories and danced around the quotes that surrounded my gypsy theory totally making my heart sink. It may not be a sound theory but damn so close to a mention.

Where did you post that theory? If it was in the chat box it's hard for us to find those theories. If you think of cool theories in there, get them into a thread or they'll get lost.

Nate Eeez
May 24th, 2012, 05:25 PM
It was in the thread on that particular episode. That's how I recognized the quotes you guys were saying. Someone did comment on my theory. I think it was Cabbage Patch. I don't think Angel is part of a Gypsy family, but I watched the show My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding and they talked a lot about close knit family ties and other cultural beliefs. And Scratch's attitude reminded me of some of the younger Gypsy women on that show.

nikvoodoo
May 24th, 2012, 06:00 PM
It was in the thread on that particular episode. That's how I recognized the quotes you guys were saying. Someone did comment on my theory. I think it was Cabbage Patch. I don't think Angel is part of a Gypsy family, but I watched the show My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding and they talked a lot about close knit family ties and other cultural beliefs. And Scratch's attitude reminded me of some of the younger Gypsy women on that show.

Wow...totally missed it. When I post #38 thread repost the theory. I'll bring it up next week.

Osiris
May 24th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Wow...totally missed it. When I post #38 thread repost the theory. I'll bring it up next week.

You better bring up my slow turner theory. :squint:

nikvoodoo
May 24th, 2012, 06:37 PM
You better bring up my slow turner theory. :squint:

Repost that too so it's fresh in my mind:)

Osiris
May 24th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Repost that too so it's fresh in my mind:)

:love:

Red Shirt
May 24th, 2012, 07:30 PM

The fuel depot and for near term plans and the port for the long term.

There is at least one fuel depot (tank farm) in canon LA, in realty there are several, though I couldn't nail down how many. Preliminary research has shown me that somewhere on the order of half of the fuel for California comes through LA. There are also 10 refineries in LA (http://www.laalmanac.com/energy/en16.htm), not to mention the Defense Fuel Support Point (http://wikimapia.org/9284953/Defense-Fuel-Support-Point-DFSP-San-Pedro) (DFSP) in San Pedro.

There's also the Naval Weapons Station at Seal Beach (http://cnic.navy.mil/sealbeach/index.htm) which is surely chock full of bullets and bombs. Michael and Co. only took one Hummer from their Reserve Center at Bell, there were many other units and a lot of vehicles and other equipment there.

Don't forget that LA sits on the THIRD LARGEST oil field in the US. The pumps for which are cleverly hidden (http://www.thingstodoinlosangeles.com/urban-oil-wells-in-los-angeles/). Here's a mini documentary on the topic. (http://onethingtosee.com/the-hidden-oil-wells-of-los-angeles/) There aren't just active wells but they are also drilling new ones. They are expected to be productive for at least another 50 years.

I think that Kimmet has an ample reason to retake LA. If he wants to be on teh front line of retaking the nation, LA should be his FIRST stop.

Nate Eeez
May 24th, 2012, 07:39 PM
I wonder, Who is running the factories that make the bullets needed for the guns? Are the factories even up and running at this point? It isn't like Kimmet can go online and order more supplies. So Kimmet taking back ground sounds like a good idea, but will they have enough ammo? Eventually manufacturing must start up again to continue to supply the troops.

I was watching Ken Burns's Civil War documentary. Supplies run out. When supplies run out the army surrenders. There's no surrendering in this war. It's win or be zombified.

Red Shirt
May 24th, 2012, 07:48 PM
I'm certain that there is enough materiel in stockpiles bunkers, dumps and caches to supply the "war effort" long enough for civilization and industry to get back on it's feet.

Back in the good ol' Commie fearin' days of duck and cover, there were innumerable contingency plans (Continuity of Operations Plan) put into motion to ensure the continuing operation of the nation, like the National Strategic Reserve (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_strategic_petroleum_reserves) After the end of the Cold War, those stockpiles remained and kept in reserve for other emergencies.

Nate Eeez
May 24th, 2012, 08:05 PM
As long as they are able to access those stockpiles.

Cabbage Patch
May 24th, 2012, 11:03 PM
There are 25 small arms ammunition manufacturers listed in California. Most are in or around Los Angeles, but there are a couple in the Mojave Desert, not too far from Fort Irwin. Most of these should be able to produce bullets in standard calibers. I think the biggest issue is going to be re-supplying them with gunpowder; I have no idea where nitrocelulose gunpowder is manufactured these days. Black powder isn't going to cut it when you're resupplying modern weapons.

beezball
May 25th, 2012, 07:12 AM

That time on the East Coast is right when I'm leaving work, which means, for me at least, it may as well have been Saturday. No worries man!

Mikeyd2tall
May 25th, 2012, 10:44 AM
I must commend beez on the EXCELLENT editing! like when some clips from the episode lined up perfect with britt! i really feel like im re-living the most important parts of the episode! :)

DogFromDuckhunt
May 27th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Glad to hear I wasn't the only one blaming Saul for Angel's death. And Michael. :mad: Making that leap that the tower rules were too strict because of how the Colony was. That bastard. Had me at work hoping Pegs would get the Henry Blake treatment.

MenashaCorpse
May 28th, 2012, 05:28 AM
the Henry Blake treatment.

Poor Radar... (lump in throat)

Raven
May 28th, 2012, 06:25 AM
. That bastard. Had me at work hoping Pegs would get the Henry Blake treatment.
This would make me LOL Datu reading the message as Radar....Man I'm twisted