PDA

View Full Version : Ask WND! A Thread for All!

nikvoodoo
May 10th, 2012, 06:22 AM
As has been requested, I am starting this thread to be a catch all for questions you may have for Britt or myself. Ask away! Doesn't have to be about We're Alive or anything. Just ask away.

And......GO!

Osiris
May 10th, 2012, 06:24 AM
I'm curious to know how Britt mentally prepared herself to play the role of the naughty Nurse?

nikvoodoo
May 17th, 2012, 09:26 PM
I'm curious to know how Britt mentally prepared herself to play the role of the naughty Nurse?

We won't get to this question probably until 30-3. We're having Dr. Jason on and we can ask both he and Britt the same question.

Osiris
May 17th, 2012, 09:34 PM
We won't get to this question probably until 30-3. We're having Dr. Jason on and we can ask both he and Britt the same question.

I would honestly think his response would be "Well... I woke up in the morning and thought about going to work... and... then I just sort of... you know... went to work and Kc recorded it."

Drogon Malice
May 18th, 2012, 01:58 AM
:) Britt's already read my question but i do have one for you Nik what inspired you to do the whole "say hello in 1000 diffrent ways thing?"

Osiris
May 18th, 2012, 01:59 AM
:) Britt's already read my question but i do have one for you Greg what inspired you to do the whole "say hello in 1000 diffrent ways thing?"

Um... bro? Greg hasn't been on the show for like 6 months.

Osiris
May 18th, 2012, 02:00 AM
Awwww... iaEdit. Oh well, QFT.

Drogon Malice
May 18th, 2012, 02:03 AM
yeah i thought i screwed it up so edited my bad people, no offence ment! i haven't listened to all the WND's yet but i'm working on it!

Osiris
May 18th, 2012, 02:13 AM
Dear Britt,

Long time listener, third time writer-in....um...er? I really enjoyed your performance (totally believing that you were struggling and not just attemping to wrestle hot wings away from an unseen assailant) and I'm curious to know if you've been bit by the acting bug? Is there a one-woman show in the near future? Maybe a zombie memoir? Under Cover of Costco: One Gamer's Search for Perpetual Hotwings and Toilet Paper.

Sincerely,
Osiris

P.S. What's your P.O. Box number?

Osiris
May 18th, 2012, 02:14 AM
yeah i thought i screwed it up so edited my bad people, no offence ment! i haven't listened to all the WND's yet but i'm working on it!

Aww man, I'm just funning with you :D Fuck Nick's feelings. He doesn't really seem to have them anyway.

:hsugh:

Seriously, he'll set your feet on fire if you're not nice.

Drogon Malice
May 18th, 2012, 02:15 AM
Lol!

Adventureless_Hero
May 18th, 2012, 01:04 PM
I have questions:

When you wake up in the morning and the alarm gives out a warning, do you think you'll ever make it on time?
By the time you grab your books and give yourself a look, are you at the corner just in time to see the bus fly by?
Do you think its alright? And if so, why?

If the teacher pops a test, and you know you're in a mess, and your dog ate all your homework last night, do you think that if you're riding low in your chair she won't know that you're there?
If you can hand it in tomorrow, will it be all right? If so, why?!

Seriously what was this thread for? Is it going to replace the numerous We're Not Dead episode threads or is this like a dump for all future questions?

Finally, Nik, did you ever finish Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword?

MenashaCorpse
May 18th, 2012, 01:34 PM

There was a lot of lost sleep and caffeine involved. More "content" to come... Mental preparation takes a number of different forms. Yoga...Alcohol...Physical torture...

nikvoodoo
May 18th, 2012, 01:36 PM
I have questions:

When you wake up in the morning and the alarm gives out a warning, do you think you'll ever make it on time?
By the time you grab your books and give yourself a look, are you at the corner just in time to see the bus fly by?
Do you think its alright? And if so, why?

If the teacher pops a test, and you know you're in a mess, and your dog ate all your homework last night, do you think that if you're riding low in your chair she won't know that you're there?
If you can hand it in tomorrow, will it be all right? If so, why?!

Seriously what was this thread for? Is it going to replace the numerous We're Not Dead episode threads or is this like a dump for all future questions?

Finally, Nik, did you ever finish Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword?

It is a catch all. Not specific WA related questions, but just questions in general. The hope being that those who ask random questions in the "per episode" threads can ask them here.

And no. Baby happened before I could finish it. Now my nights are spent making my little lady smile....and cry. *sigh*

MenashaCorpse
May 18th, 2012, 01:39 PM
I would honestly think his response would be "Well... I woke up in the morning and thought about going to work... and... then I just sort of... you know... went to work and Kc recorded it."

Too much credit, dude!! lol "We're Alive" Dr. Guin is WAY more badass than "Real Life" Dr. Guin. ALL props to KC for the writing!!!!

AND to Scratch and Tardust (and Bricks!) for being the real stars of that scene. Angel's choking sounds aside...

Drogon Malice
May 18th, 2012, 01:43 PM
It is a catch all. Not specific WA related questions, but just questions in general. The hope being that those who ask random questions in the "per episode" threads can ask them here.

And no. Baby happened before I could finish it. Now my nights are spent making my little lady smile....and cry. *sigh*

@ AH

sorry mate you got me to blame for this, i poked nik about it a few weeks ago, looks like he liked the idea :p

nikvoodoo
May 21st, 2012, 02:03 PM
:) Britt's already read my question but i do have one for you Nik what inspired you to do the whole "say hello in 1000 diffrent ways thing?"

I swore I had answered this before.

First and foremost I, and just about everyone else, was sick of hearing me say "Bam" to open the podcast. So I retired it.

I have a friend who works....worked.....was formerly involved with a wrestling podcast and he was once upon a time saddled with the name "Nick The Man of A Thousand Names" (it's an inside wrestling joke from Chris Jericho's WCW days). So he'd change his name every week. He did this for a week. One week. I'm going a little longer with my version of the gimmick :p

ClearSights
May 21st, 2012, 03:28 PM
Why is Britt's voice so sexy?

Drogon Malice
May 23rd, 2012, 03:59 PM
Question for all at WND, what games do you guys play in your spare time, console or otherwise?

Pikepaw
May 23rd, 2012, 04:16 PM
My question, Nik, why can't I quit you? Lol

Insert jokes about douchebag Canadians at my expense

and post complete

IrishZombieKiller
May 28th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Sorry, not so much a question but a comment. Angel did not do the Maulers a favor by not telling them where Michael and the others went, and if he had told them there is no guarantee that they would have run into a superior force of the undead to kill them. Angel did what any serving officer and soldier would do, he put the mission first, he kept his mouth shut. To say otherwise is wrong. I needed to share this!

Angel's character also has a lot more which we may / may not get to understand and know. If Angel is from a crime family as well, then we can also appreciate where the loyalty comes from, it was bred. I am sorry he is gone. I liked him.

Osiris
May 28th, 2012, 09:51 PM
ATTN: Nikvood & Britt

This really should be a topic for discussion... the shit is on. It's on like Donkey Kong.

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/entry.php?310

IrishZombieKiller
Jun 20th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Does anyone else get the impression CJ likes Saul and is super jealous over him wanting to go for Libby and the 'tenant' comment was a bitch slap in return?

nikvoodoo
Jun 20th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Does anyone else get the impression CJ likes Saul and is super jealous over him wanting to go for Libby and the 'tenant' comment was a bitch slap in return?

Why I do indeed believe that to be true. I spoke about it on #38, but I'm sure we'll end up bringing it back up this week too since we got more evidence!

Bullethead
Jun 21st, 2012, 05:30 AM
Theyve been in the same building for 3 months; in Z world none the less ... if they haven't jumped each others bones yet than it aint gonna happen. imho.

I mean cmon send vicki out on a scouting mission tell saul to stay behind you need a hand with the kitty litter or something. Badda bing badda boom we're makin more babies.

Eviebae
Jul 7th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Brittany;

You mentioned that people take you seriously when you joke like a guy. I've noticed that too in the forum and on the show. Like, for instance how you are the "naughty nurse" (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) but jokes about Greg seem to center on his water supply capabilities. I know it's all part of the attractive female in male dominated environment ("Wait, you are here, you are pretty, but you're not my or someone else's girlfriend??? HOW DID THIS HAPPEN! .must.make.a.reality.I.understand) but I am not sure what sort of response is useful. I mean, you don't want to enable and you don't want to overreact but sometimes a joke is a joke and sometimes it really isn't. Replace racism with sexism here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0Ti-gkJiXc&feature=relmfu).

Now, I know, this might get some "you misunderstand" and "you no have the humor" reactions but, let's discuss.

Adventureless_Hero
Jul 10th, 2012, 10:38 AM
What's happening with WND? Will there be an episode this week?

nikvoodoo
Jul 10th, 2012, 02:04 PM
What's happening with WND? Will there be an episode this week?

Hopefully. I'm in the middle of the move from hell (My landlord says I can move into my gutted house now.....while it's still gutted......I told him he can basically shove it up his pooper). So I may be out of comission for a bit of time while I attempt to not kill someone. I have the day off on Friday to finish packing and load up my truck, so hopefully I can record this week. Britt I know is anxious to get on it. So *fingers crossed.*

Once I get settled into my new place, things should be a lot easier. But as of this moment, I might be recording in my bathtub because it's the only open space in my apartment.....

Adventureless_Hero
Jul 10th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Britt I know is anxious to get on it. So *fingers crossed.*

*snicker*

Seriously though, good luck with your move, buddy.

nikvoodoo
Jul 10th, 2012, 02:19 PM
*snicker*

Seriously though, good luck with your move, buddy.

you know....I even thought as I was typing that "This is probably not the best way to say this."

Eviebae
Jul 14th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Hopefully. I'm in the middle of the move from hell (My landlord says I can move into my gutted house now.....while it's still gutted......I told him he can basically shove it up his pooper). So I may be out of comission for a bit of time while I attempt to not kill someone. I have the day off on Friday to finish packing and load up my truck, so hopefully I can record this week. Britt I know is anxious to get on it. So *fingers crossed.*

Once I get settled into my new place, things should be a lot easier. But as of this moment, I might be recording in my bathtub because it's the only open space in my apartment.....

Yes, absolutely stay away until you have a non-gutted house. Landlords in general aren't known for honoring pre-move-in promises once you are moved in.

Osiris
Jul 16th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Will there be an interview with Otto? Please say yes and make it an honest answer.

riskbreaker23
Jul 20th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Will there be an interview with Otto? Please say yes and make it an honest answer.

I'm going to ask if there will be and another episode at all?

Solanine
Jul 20th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Is watermelon good for you?

Adventureless_Hero
Jul 20th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Is watermelon good for you?

I think the watermelon rind is exceptionally good for you. I think Dr. Oz said that it has stuff to make your brain less susceptible to Alzheimer's disease? But since the rind tastes like shite, he recommends you grind it up in a blender with ice and ad a bit of spice, like pepper or a just a bit of lemon juice. It's supposed to be very refreshing like that.

Solanine
Jul 20th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Thank you. I always knew a forum about a podcast about people surviving an attack from zombies was the perfect place for advice on healthy eating.

Litmaster
Jul 20th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Yeah, Nik... quick request: could you and Britt come up with a comprehensive list of the gender and sexual orientation of all current forum members? Uh, for future reference... :o

Much appreciated. :cool:

Solanine
Jul 20th, 2012, 10:01 AM
I'll start it off, I'm Solanine I'm Asexual and my sexual preference is therefore myself. Any questions?

Eviebae
Jul 21st, 2012, 03:04 PM
I'll start it off, I'm Solanine I'm Asexual and my sexual preference is therefore myself. Any questions?

Wouldn't that be none of the above?

Eviebae
Jul 21st, 2012, 03:05 PM
I think the watermelon rind is exceptionally good for you. I think Dr. Oz said that it has stuff to make your brain less susceptible to Alzheimer's disease? But since the rind tastes like shite, he recommends you grind it up in a blender with ice and ad a bit of spice, like pepper or a just a bit of lemon juice. It's supposed to be very refreshing like that.

Pickled Watermelon Rind (http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pickled-watermelon-rind-10000001646400/)!

Solanine
Jul 21st, 2012, 03:20 PM
Wouldn't that be none of the above?

Could be, or it could be other with a follow up box.

Eviebae
Jul 21st, 2012, 06:19 PM
Could be, or it could be other with a follow up box.

I HATE other with a follow up box, they never give you enough room! :p

Solanine
Jul 22nd, 2012, 02:16 PM
No. If your awkward enough to need it then your going to need a lot of room.

Mr Rimmer
Nov 12th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Hi Nik , Mr Rimmer here from London , Uk

Iv'e listened to the WA & WND cast's basically since the start and only just joined the forum which is great!

I have a question for you & Brit ( you first obviously as your the boss in my opinion)

Once WA is finally over and done with, which spin off podcast would you like to see emerge(if one did happen) and which characters would you like to see alive the most at the end of WA?

Cheers Matey

MR Rimmer

nikvoodoo
Nov 12th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Spin off series.... I'd like to see one based in nyc. As for a spin off for a we're alive characters: I'd like to see the story of Dunbar.

Alive at the end: I'd like all to be dead. I want ink surviving and that's it. If I were to pick one I'd say Michael. He's statistically the most likely to survive.

SmokeyZombified
Nov 12th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Spin off series.... I'd like to see one based in nyc. As for a spin off for a we're alive characters: I'd like to see the story of Dunbar.

Alive at the end: I'd like all to be dead. I want ink surviving and that's it. If I were to pick one I'd say Michael. He's statistically the most likely to survive.

Spin off from Dunbar would be great, but at the same time dont we already know the story? I mean Dunbar wasn't even around for that long before The guy with the jacket who has tattoos and is obviously Bill Roberts and also controls all the zombies came in a wrecked the place. I think a better spin off would be to follow Shaun. That way we can get the Dunbar story plus a huge chunk of the Colony story perhaps?

Honestly the way this series is going, I would be surprised that everyone will be wiped out, but at the same time I can see there being a sort of happy ending with Michael and a few others surviving. Obviously we have to get to the point where he is telling the story so he does at least survive till the end, or until someone finds his journal.

Oh yeah and my question! In your opinion, who is the next person to die and how?

Thanks!

-Smokey

Deacon_Tyler
Nov 12th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Everyone dying at the end would be horrible. A running theme has been the positivity and support that everyone has for each other and it would just kill the whole story and make it pretty much like every other zombie story in existence. I'm even surprised at how dark season 3 has gotten - yikes, tens of thousands dead!?

The cracks in the ground still need to be dealt with and explained, the 'families' subplot needs resolution, Ink needs resolution and there is no doubt in my mind that all of this will be addressed and resolved by the end of season 4

scbubba
Nov 13th, 2012, 03:37 AM
Everyone dying at the end would be horrible. A running theme has been the positivity and support that everyone has for each other and it would just kill the whole story and make it pretty much like every other zombie story in existence. I'm even surprised at how dark season 3 has gotten - yikes, tens of thousands dead!?

The cracks in the ground still need to be dealt with and explained, the 'families' subplot needs resolution, Ink needs resolution and there is no doubt in my mind that all of this will be addressed and resolved by the end of season 4

I agree with you about everyone dying being bad. But I keep coming back to the sub-title and Michael Swan's ominous way of saying "A Story of Survival". Someone survives but is it "our heroes"?

I think KC is going to bring resolution to the story arcs in season 4 but some of them may already be resolved, like the "families" thing (Scratch using it to manipulate Durai into letting her go after Pegs).

The big things I'm looking for are - what caused Z-Day, who is Ink, what's going on in the rest of the world, and who survives....

clem131
Nov 14th, 2012, 11:16 AM
I'm not sure we need to know a lot about the rest of the world and the bigger picture. Our story is focused on this particular group of survivors, so I would say the only things needed to get closure are the agenda and the motives of Ink and at least a hint on how it started. Besides that, it's all about how someone survives in this story of survival. What happened in the rest of the world was never crucial to the story, in fact we got a quick update through Kimmet on that, and that's it. About the families, we know what we need to know on that. Angel was probably someone like Al Pacino at the beginning of The Godfather. We still need closure on Scratch, though, so I guess we can include that in the "families" storyline.

scbubba
Nov 14th, 2012, 11:22 AM
I'm not sure we need to know a lot about the rest of the world and the bigger picture. Our story is focused on this particular group of survivors, so I would say the only things needed to get closure are the agenda and the motives of Ink and at least a hint on how it started. Besides that, it's all about how someone survives in this story of survival. What happened in the rest of the world was never crucial to the story, in fact we got a quick update through Kimmet on that, and that's it. About the families, we know what we need to know on that. Angel was probably someone like Al Pacino at the beginning of The Godfather. We still need closure on Scratch, though, so I guess we can include that in the "families" storyline.

Agree with you on Scratch. Something big still to come there, I bet.

Re: the rest of the world - I just listened to the WND before episode 100 where Kc was on. He pretty much said the "rest of the world" part isn't playing into it any more. Ft Irwin and Boulder were the rest of the world for WA.

The key things I'm itching to know is around Ink/TOWTM/Pinstripes. Is it one person or multiple people/creatures? Why is he/are they so different? How does he/they play into the whole Z-Day apocalypse?

Adventureless_Hero
Dec 19th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Okay, so I haven't heard the last three episodes of WND and like a steering wheel on my crotch, it's driving me nuts!

The new internet security at work prevents me from downloading your podcast now. BUT I can still download WA due to a direct download link I get sent to my e-mail. I must have signed up for a newsletter or some shizz back in the day.

Anygay, does WND have anyfing like that? I miss hearing the crazy shenanigans between Nik, Britt, guest hosts, and Beez awesome editing skizillz.

nikvoodoo
Dec 19th, 2012, 07:23 PM
We have our feed burner link. That should by pass that. Same with the wa app if you have it.

Feeds.feedburner.com/werenotdead

Adventureless_Hero
Dec 19th, 2012, 07:36 PM
We have our feed burner link. That should by pass that. Same with the wa app if you have it.

Feeds.feedburner.com/werenotdead

I will give it a shot when I'm at work tomorrow. I miss you heathens!

Cammytkd
Dec 1st, 2013, 04:22 PM
What's happened to the WND podcasts?

Wicked Sid
Dec 1st, 2013, 04:49 PM
What's happened to the WND podcasts?

They've both been indisposed for recent weeks. After the conclusion of this chapter they'll be back to recap the entirety of it.

This can be seen here:

Ok, our excuse this time is Thanksgiving. Once again, no episode. BUT (and it's a big But......tsex Mcgee...)We will be recording a Chapter 40 review podcast next week! All chapter 40 parts covered in one all inclusive podcast!

Enjoy your Thanksgiving State Side We're Alivers!

No need to worry.

Cammytkd
Dec 2nd, 2013, 03:01 PM
Ok. Cheers for that

Tahirih
Dec 15th, 2013, 08:08 PM
I'm curious what Nick and Brit think about creating a Holiday Fan Art Feed where people can post We're Alive Christmas/Holiday Cards for others to send electronically and/or snail mail.

nikvoodoo
Dec 16th, 2013, 07:04 AM
I'm curious what Nick and Brit think about creating a Holiday Fan Art Feed where people can post We're Alive Christmas/Holiday Cards for others to send electronically and/or snail mail.

I'd be all for it. That being said I hope you aren't expecting me to draw it. There are certain things that should never be seen by the public and my art skills are most definitely one of them.

I'd say the place to put it would be Fan Submitted Content (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?16-Fan-Submitted-Content) and that way everyone on the forum can find it.

Ace
Feb 18th, 2014, 03:57 PM
Hey just finishing catching up on WND when is it back?

Lifeboard2
Mar 29th, 2014, 09:13 PM
Hey just finishing catching up on WND when is it back?
no clue waiting for it to come back also

Raven
Mar 30th, 2014, 05:18 PM
Bad news lifeboard2 and Ace as of Jan WND curtain called it due to time constraints http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?5168-A-Letter-to-WND-Fans

But Red and co started another one http://werealive.mickred.com/category/episode/ worth checking out. Welcome to the boards

KPCoyote
May 21st, 2016, 09:05 AM
Many of the We're Not Dead episodes are not downloading properly from the app. I think it was #30 only gave me 23 seconds.

turbo
May 23rd, 2016, 06:40 AM
What error does it give, or is it just not streaming?

KPCoyote
May 23rd, 2016, 10:41 AM
What error does it give, or is it just not streaming?

No error. Prior to download the app will list a run time of 36 min for example. But after it is downloaded it will only play for 22 seconds. It's not every episode, but there are enough of them between episode 1 to 30 that it is rather annoying.

Kc
May 23rd, 2016, 11:42 AM
No error. Prior to download the app will list a run time of 36 min for example. But after it is downloaded it will only play for 22 seconds. It's not every episode, but there are enough of them between episode 1 to 30 that it is rather annoying.

There might be some old hosting issues. I have the eps still as we hosted them for WND, so hopefully I can get them in the new app once we focus on that.

KPCoyote
May 23rd, 2016, 06:09 PM
There might be some old hosting issues. I have the eps still as we hosted them for WND, so hopefully I can get them in the new app once we focus on that.

That would be great! Thanks KC. I love the app. It has everything in one spot.