PDA

View Full Version : For Those About To Blog... Fire?

Osiris
May 9th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Hey, Staff! Osiris here. You may remember me from such infractions as: 'told somebody to fuck off' and 'habitual abuse/harrassment'. I've been working on a series of blogs over the last few days--since my return to the nudist colony--and this morning my most recent offering ended up burying reaper239's latest. Automatic publishing has its dangers, I suppose. In any event, I was wondering if it were possible to open up a private section, just for the site's bloggers. A section where we could run ideas about our coming pieces up and down the flagpoles, get support from each other, and so on. It would be nice to be able to openly discuss our topics and content, while keeping it closed from the outside world.

I know there are people that would both benefit and value having the ability to be critiqued, have help editing and refining ideas, and it would be nice to be able to make connections within our blogging community.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and for your consideration in this matter.

Sincerely,
Osi.

yarri
May 9th, 2012, 11:32 PM
I second this suggestion.( thank you I think I'll study commas tonight)

Osiris
May 9th, 2012, 11:35 PM
You don't need the comma there.

VEE
May 9th, 2012, 11:42 PM
The're not there :flowerpot:

How does one go about getting a blog?

Osiris
May 9th, 2012, 11:44 PM
The're not there :flowerpot:

How does one go about getting a blog?

If you were asked to play the role I have been, you would be facepalming right now.

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?1280-Blogging-Fan-Fiction-Submission-Guidelines

Osiris
May 9th, 2012, 11:46 PM
However, if I recall correctly, there was a moratorium placed on fan-fics appearing in blogs.

nikvoodoo
May 10th, 2012, 09:07 AM
However, if I recall correctly, there was a moratorium placed on fan-fics appearing in blogs.

Correct. Fan Fics are found in the Forum. Blogs are different.

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll mull it over and see if we can make it happen.

7oddisdead
May 10th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Hmmmm...could we not accomplish something similar to this by starting a blogger group page?

reaper239
May 10th, 2012, 01:34 PM
but with a groups page, everyone could read it, it wouldn't be private. with a hidden forum section, only those granted access would be able to read it.

7oddisdead
May 10th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Ah..shows how little I know of the groups section. *shrugs*

Osiris
May 10th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Ah..shows how little I know of the groups section. *shrugs*

It's nice to have a place to drop a piece of work for help from the other blogger/writers on the board, or for critiques and not have the piece appear publicly until it's ready.

With the introduction of the 'Writer's Lounge', this thread seems resolved.

nikvoodoo
May 10th, 2012, 05:04 PM
It's nice to have a place to drop a piece of work for help from the other blogger/writers on the board, or for critiques and not have the piece appear publicly until it's ready.

With the introduction of the 'Writer's Lounge', this thread seems resolved.

Like I just said in the PM I sent you we are still working out a couple kinks in there but yes...this should pretty much be handled and we can close this puppy up.