PDA

View Full Version : Other Audio Dramas?

Hikaro
Jan 23rd, 2011, 08:05 AM
So, while we're alive is awesome, the time between episodes makes it difficult to listen to nonstop. What other Radio dramas (podcasts or otherwise) have you enjoyed? why?

Hollomandious
Jan 23rd, 2011, 09:21 AM
I've always been big into ZBS audio dramas. http://zbs.org . tho, ya have to pay for those. They've got a couple of series that have been going on since the mid 70's. Good stuff if yer willing to pay.

I'm about to start hunting for some other ones. But, after ya find something like We're Alive, the rest just, kinda feel crappy.

Thanks for setting the bar so damn hi Kc. Really appreciate it... (only 1/2 sarcastic). :)

TCM Revolver
Jan 23rd, 2011, 01:58 PM
Check out Wormwood. http://wormwoodshow.com/ A buddy turned me on to this one. It's not as good as we're alive, but good in it's own right.

fraggot
Jan 23rd, 2011, 03:17 PM
There's one called Autumn that's available on iTunes, if you can get passed some of the hard to understand British accents it's not bad. But We're Alive has just set the bar too high for me, I can't seem to find one that grabs me the same way. Most of them either have horrible recordings, bad sound effects, bad editing, bad acting, or just bad everything. If someone can find something that compares to this one, please let me know.

Granted, I'm also looking for something strictly horror/myster/thriller type and most of those out there I don't like.

StepLaugh
Jan 23rd, 2011, 05:10 PM
Didn't Superman use to be back in the day a radio drama?

NashKnowsBest
Jan 25th, 2011, 08:02 PM
The Leviathan Chronicles is pretty good. Wormwood is alright. And Children of The Gods is decent.

I The K Train I
Jan 26th, 2011, 04:05 AM
Pontypool is pretty good. It's an hour long radio drama version of the film. http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/arts/2009/06/090617_pontypool_audio.shtml It's the same film with the same actors, but it was shot for audio and visual listeners and viewers at the the same time.

Listened to it last week and thought it was quite good. If you have a free hour give it a shot

Hollomandious
Jan 26th, 2011, 07:03 AM
If ya can get your hands on the entire 5 part version of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. It's brilliant from beginning to end.

Damn... i need to load that up now for today.

bohemianroxie
Jan 26th, 2011, 05:05 PM
There are many..I'm an audio junkie..
Besides Wormwood, and Leviathan Chronicles mentioned above..You can try "Fetidus-the foundation for the unethical treatment of the undead"-
"19 Nocturne Blvd"-
"Darker Projects"
or tryhttp://theaudiodramadirectory.com/ ..it has a huge directory with synopsis by genre.
Lots of horror..sci fi etc..

Pteranodon
Feb 3rd, 2011, 12:19 AM
Couldn't get into Wormwood for some reason....I'm hooked on Decoder Ring Theater's "Red Panda" and "Black Jack Justice". For comedy I like "The Streets of Staccato" about a rather dim 70s-ish cop. I'd also recommend Broken Sea Audio; they do new episodes of X Files, Kolchak; the Night Stalker, and others. It's amazing how much good stuff there is. I listen to Escape Pod and Pseudopod; they're short stories, not serials.

I love OTR like "Light's Out", "Suspense", and Sherlock Holmes. And I find myself hooked on "Tales of the Texas Rangers" whenever XM plays it. (I drive for a living so I listen to a LOT of audio)

mascaria
Feb 3rd, 2011, 07:30 AM
I had to give wormwood a second and third chance before I was able to get past the first episode. The quality of the first couple of recordings is not good, but then the story grew on me. The other audio dramas that I've listened to/am listening to are on hiatus, one of which I'm pretty sure is done for good.

Oh! Except for The Mask of Inanna (http://www.themaskofinanna.com/) but it seems like they only put out one episode at a time.

Pteranodon
Feb 3rd, 2011, 01:18 PM
There's a lot of great one-off's like "The Moon Wraith" or "Slick Bracer". I've listened to these numerous times, pretending they were new episodes in an ongoing series. They're such great characters.... At least Sgt Staccato is coming back in March; I was hooked on that show within SECONDS.

mascaria
Feb 3rd, 2011, 01:22 PM
One episode at a time... i meant one episode a month. This is what I get for posting before noon.

I will check out some of these one-offs!

Tubasteve42
Feb 3rd, 2011, 01:53 PM
People should check out Pendant Audio http://www.pendantaudio.com/ They have about a dozen different shows going and a couple that are fully complete including a whole set of DC comic inspired fan shows (Batman, Superman, Wonder Women etc.)

kjarman
Feb 5th, 2011, 06:50 AM
As I stated in the previous forum, I'm a huge fan of Audio Drama, so there are several on the list for me. I've listened to most that people have mentioned here. If you want a comedy style show, I've been listening to You've Got Dead on You (http://deadonyou.blogspot.com), a nice Sci-Fi show to check out is Edict Zero-FIS (http://edictzero.wordpress.com) There are many others out there to listen to, just gotta know where to find them. In addition to bohemianroxie's post for Audio Drama Directory, there's also Audio-Drama.com (http://www.audio-drama.com) which is kind of like a wiki for all things audio drama.

Sir Bob Cornelius Rifo
Feb 8th, 2011, 06:29 PM
ive listened to the original war of the worlds, the halo 2 a.r.g. thing, and the in game odst audio bits; this one is the best

katatonic_zombie
Feb 18th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the recommendations! I'll have MANY hours of awesome listening!

Pteranodon
Feb 18th, 2011, 09:49 PM
I really haven't heard another series like WA. There's comedies and semi-comedy (like Red Panda) but not many NEW, serious, original dramas- at least not that I know of...

There's great anthology shows like Pseudopod- which seems to be on hiatus for now...

Ra1th
Feb 19th, 2011, 12:19 AM
of all the other audio dramas above, i really got into wormwood, and then it's ending tore my heart out, but other than that it's a really good podcast. its very similar to we're alive in terms of how it's produced, cause a lot of the other podcasts that i listened to (that were listed above) were like audio books with sound effects, but wormwood was a lot more like we're alive just without the narratives (which actually makes the action scenes really dull cause you have no clue what's going on). but other than that i'd just really like to say thank you! for turning me onto wormwood, its really amazing, and once i get over the emotional trauma (*cough* rachel's ending *cough*) , i'll go back and listen to it all over again.

TCM Revolver
Feb 19th, 2011, 05:43 PM
of all the other audio dramas above, i really got into wormwood, and then it's ending tore my heart out, but other than that it's a really good podcast. its very similar to we're alive in terms of how it's produced, cause a lot of the other podcasts that i listened to (that were listed above) were like audio books with sound effects, but wormwood was a lot more like we're alive just without the narratives (which actually makes the action scenes really dull cause you have no clue what's going on). but other than that i'd just really like to say thank you! for turning me onto wormwood, its really amazing, and once i get over the emotional trauma (*cough* rachel's ending *cough*) , i'll go back and listen to it all over again.

Wormwood turned out to be really good. I recommended it earlier in this thread but quit listening to it part way into chapter 1. (same voice actors doing different characters drove me nuts) but I got back into it. Just hit chapter 2, very excited to see what happens.

Ra1th
Feb 19th, 2011, 07:11 PM
yeah the voice acting was really hit or miss, some were good like crowe and sparrow especially, but some are just plain terrible

hey wait a minute u just got into wormwood? thats awesome! when ur done hit me up cause i dont fully get all the stuff thats happened, and there's no one to discuss it with cause the wormwood forums are dead and gone

TCM Revolver
Feb 19th, 2011, 07:41 PM
yeah the voice acting was really hit or miss, some were good like crowe and sparrow especially, but some are just plain terrible

hey wait a minute u just got into wormwood? thats awesome! when ur done hit me up cause i dont fully get all the stuff thats happened, and there's no one to discuss it with cause the wormwood forums are dead and gone

Right on! I hope to have most of the series done by the end of the week. I'm jsut at the point where Jimmy Details picked up sparrow on "brunhilda" and they are crashing for the night. ( jimmy details is awesome)

Ra1th
Feb 19th, 2011, 09:51 PM
hahaha jimmy details rocks! sparrow was my favorite

Beaumont
Feb 20th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Has anyone listened to "Fetidus"? It's a noir style drama set in the future with many supernatural elements. I'm almost finished with it and hopefully there will be more. I think it's well done and has a great cast of characters and good music. Check it out on itunes.

Ra1th
Feb 20th, 2011, 02:34 PM
i started FETIDUS, but i couldnt really get into it, it felt like an audio book with sound effects here and there more narration than character interaction. (and the main guy's voice didnt sit with me at all) but is it originally a book? cause the premise seemed really interesting, i'd like to give the book a try

Beaumont
Feb 21st, 2011, 06:18 AM
i started FETIDUS, but i couldnt really get into it, it felt like an audio book with sound effects here and there more narration than character interaction. (and the main guy's voice didnt sit with me at all) but is it originally a book? cause the premise seemed really interesting, i'd like to give the book a try
I'm not sure if it's a book but actually you're right I think it is an audio book and not really a radio drama.

Solanine
Mar 12th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Quick summary then. Don't listen to We're alive because no Audio drama will ever live up to it.

manintrees
Mar 13th, 2011, 11:34 PM
I am on chapter 10 of the Leviathan Chronicles and am really enjoying it.

wooly
Mar 14th, 2011, 01:32 AM
I just finished Fried Green Zombies. (http://www.friedgreenzombies.com/) Pretty good. Funny with a nice alien twist.

HomeGrown
Mar 19th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I just finished the first season of Wormwood and I'm on the 2nd episode of FETIDUS. Wormwood was entertaining although it sometimes sounded like parts were recorded over Skype. FETIDUS seems interesting so far. I like the music.

Kc
Mar 23rd, 2011, 12:21 PM
I am on chapter 10 of the Leviathan Chronicles and am really enjoying it.
We talked about Leviathan on the last forum, and we didn't say much here yet, but that's definitely one to check out too:
http://www.leviathanchronicles.com

TexasPatriot
Mar 26th, 2011, 08:18 PM
It's not an audio drama, HOWEVER, it's a fantastic serious podcast called http://www.survivalpodcast.net/ it's anything and everything you can imagine about survival farming, bugging out, bartering heck you name it they have talked about it. It's a really good podcast, and it's free from all the black helicopter and New World Order garbage you hear about.

timberwoof
Mar 26th, 2011, 11:15 PM
I totally got into The Leviathan Chronicles. Next to WA it's one of the best out there. You have to check it out. If you can get past the soap boxes. Some of them drag but there are some funny ones.

Also a decent podiobook is The Zombie Chronicles.

Yoyo
Mar 27th, 2011, 03:14 AM
I totally got into The Leviathan Chronicles. Next to WA it's one of the best out there. You have to check it out. If you can get past the soap boxes. Some of them drag but there are some funny ones.

Also a decent podiobook is The Zombie Chronicles.

The Leviathan Chronicles I find to be on equal footing in acting and sound effects with We're alive but I have to say the narration takes away a bit to fall slightly behind We're Alive. I'm not complaining though as I find burning through Leviathan takes away from the wait for the next episode of we're Alive. I will say though I have to relisten to each episode a lot more as i find myself thinking about something and fail to pick up on a minute of what just happen.

I also liked that 19th Noctune as it reminds me of a really good stage play as opposed to something movie quality of We're alive. I will not say each episode is a winner but it generally entertaining with me loving some of the hammy victorian stuff they do. Which reminds me, does anyone know wtf happened at the end of "Where are you now?" episode? I get it but i'm fairly certain it ends horribly but i'm not 100 percent sure.

WERE EVILA
Apr 4th, 2011, 06:11 PM
just got my hands on 5 different stephen king audio books on tape from my local library's overstock sale, 2$ a pop!

Solanine
Apr 4th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Oh, which ones? I love the king and really want some new audiobooks to listen to!

WERE EVILA
Apr 7th, 2011, 09:35 AM
i got jerald's game, the first gunslinger, the green mile, the black house, and cujo - there awsome!

Luna Guardian
Apr 10th, 2011, 11:19 AM
I liked the "Zombie Chronicles". Not everything about it, but it was good enough to be interesting and kept me hooked. Wonder when it will continue?

Also, "How To Succeed in Evil" is awesome! As a future evil overlord of a sizable empire, it is a very interesting story for me

COsurvivor
Apr 16th, 2011, 10:38 PM
I listen to a bunch of audio programs at http://www.darkerprojects.com They do not load up new ones as often as other sites, but they have enough to keep you interested...

mudpuppy
Apr 17th, 2011, 08:18 AM
I am subscribed to over twenty podcasts, most of which are scientific or travel or BBC world stories, but several audio dramas. I lived overseas for a year and didn't work except to take care of my girlfriend's house while she worked and I listened to several hours a day of podcasts as I was working around the house and yard, walking to the store, or taking the dog for a walk. Sadly, I'm falling behind lately as I am back home and have a depressingly regular job.

Anyways, I second the darkerprojects.com link that COsurvivor mentioned. They do have a seven part zombie podcast also, but it seems to have fallen by the wayside and hasn't been updated in 1.5 years or so. It's not bad and it's called "Alive Inside", you'll see it on the links of the Darker Projects website.

I would also recommend http://www.radiodramarevival.com/. This is a website that features quite a few contemporary active audio drama group and is generally very high in production values. This website does some of their own productions also but it was what introduced me to We're Alive, Darker Projects, Leviathan Chronicles, and many other groups. It is surely worth a look.

Much thanks to the suggestions of others, I have plenty of new material to look at and inevitably I will fall even further behind on my podcasts. Good thing I have several terabytes free on my hard disks.

COsurvivor
Apr 18th, 2011, 09:05 PM
I just ran across an audio drama I came across about a year ago, they still make it too... HG World

Here is the Wiki page for this drama (http://hgworld.wikkii.com/wiki/Main_Page#Season_Zero), they start at Season 0.

Here is the link to the main HG World page : http://thirtyfifteennorth.podbean.com/page/2/

This is a pretty good storyline, I would suggest you to start listening.

Dr Janus
Apr 19th, 2011, 12:54 AM
Yeh HG is quality... I've got a few others on my subscription thing at itunes, but ill have to check their names... bad memory.. But yep. HG is great.. begins a little shaky acting wise.. but soon develops into a great complex story.

Beaumont
Apr 19th, 2011, 07:12 AM
With the slightly longer delay til WA returns I was looking for anything that was as engrossing and sadly most that I've tried to listen to are not that great. I'm glad WA continues to grow and garner a devoted fan base because we need the show to survive as it seems to be the best audio drama that many of us have found.

COsurvivor
Apr 19th, 2011, 03:07 PM
I know what you mean about looking for something to fill the gap...

Eviebae
Apr 19th, 2011, 09:36 PM
of all the other audio dramas above, i really got into wormwood, and then it's ending tore my heart out, but other than that it's a really good podcast.

I agree! I think I saw a post by you on the abandoned forum (instead of tumbleweeds, it has prescription drug spam rolling through it).

I have to say though, that at certain points, I had no idea what they were trying to suggest with the sound work. The voice acting is spotty and the sound levels were maxed out far too often--especially at the beginning. Still, I loves it.

I thought the writing was very, very good, and often excellent. Plus, the actor who does Xander Crow is fantastic (I think it's Gildart Jackson--I didn't watch Charmed, but he played Gideon on it).
I really liked the humor, it was a mix up of different kinds. It's intelligently written I think.

They are doing a comic, but, the art is annoyingly almost good/bad which makes me sad. I stopped reading Hellblazer because I found the art painful.

j0be
Apr 20th, 2011, 08:21 AM
I know what you mean about looking for something to fill the gap...

I listen to my other podcasts to help fill that gap. If you're looking for more written story, check out Escape Pod and Pseudo Pod. If you're looking for more real life, check out RISK! and The Moth.

Eviebae
Apr 20th, 2011, 04:06 PM
If you're looking for more written story, check out Escape Pod and Pseudo Pod.

Haunting and not funny at all Broken Bough (http://pseudopod.org/?p=284)

wt91
Apr 25th, 2011, 04:06 PM
check out the Zombie Chronicles:Escape.... i listened to it before i found We're Alive.... its great

COsurvivor
Apr 26th, 2011, 06:32 PM
I go to www.podiobooks.com (http://www.podiobooks.com), they have pretty good selection of audio books that you can buy yet are listed here for free. They ask for donations if you want to give, but don't need to.

andyryan
May 3rd, 2011, 10:43 PM
i actually liked fetidus alot uhm childern of the gods is alright but cmack the auther isnt really consistant with his episodes its like a year lol so its hard to get into his story when you know u have to wait a long time for new content.if your into vampire books check out underwood and flinch by mike bennet its preaty much about a vampire and an unwilling assitant and the struggles that both of the face with each other its one guy who does the voices of the males and females but the story really ropes u in there is probaly 30 hours of content so far so there is a lot to listen to if you like it, uhm he also does hall of mirrors there like short horror stories kinda like the outer limits tv i would say. uhm if you like steam punk noire and magic kinda audiobooks/dramas check out the gearheart, its the author alex white and his wife doing the voices of all the characters but the quality is still really good. uhm metamor city is another good audiobook/drama, its a story that has elves,vapires. a telapathic community uhm its just a good fantasy book over all, uhm listen to the scott sigler stuff to there really good, he has some straight reads for some of his books but otheres like the the starter is about a inter galactic football league and a how a quarterback deals with playing with non human players and thats and audiobook/drama as well that if your into sports i would highly recommend.oh tee morris has the chronicles or wraith and naskana thats really amazing as well if your into fantasy there are pirates who are ninjas and an female community that looks down upon men, its just a really good audiobook. well those are some of the audiobooks/dramas that i really liked uhm havent really found any audio dramas besides fetidus that i have like that involved zombies

Pteranodon
May 4th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Been listening to a show called "Edict Zero-FIS". Guess you'd call it a futuristic Cyberpunk crime-drama. Some of the characterizations are great; especially "Capt Socrates- the Man with The Pan!" (You have to hear it to believe it)

A great place to find stuff is Audiodramatalk.com Found all sorts of good shows there; Actually I think that's where I first found "We're Alive"....."Cast Macabre" has some great horror stories too, and of course "Pseudopod" if you really want something disturbing...

Luna Guardian
May 4th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Just recently started listening to Mur Lafferty's "Heaven" series. Has been awesome so far

Tandem25
May 4th, 2011, 10:57 AM
You're right about Underwood and Flinch andyryan. It does rope you in. It's a great story. I only wish it was produced like We're Alive with good effects and different actors.

Nothing I have found can hold a candle to WA.

Luna Guardian
May 4th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Nothing I have found can hold a candle to WA.

Maybe not at the exact same level, but the Leviathan Chronicles come pretty darn close to being even with WA. I think the only thing that tips the scales in WA's favor in my books, is that it has zombies in it. But this is a matter of opinion, both are excellent podcasts that I truly cherish ^^

andyryan
May 4th, 2011, 01:06 PM
uhm i care more for the ppl in were alive but the action scenes in levithan are preaty cool i really enjoyed the fact that you have two immortal groups fighting against each other

Pteranodon
May 8th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Tales from the Afternow....another great Cyberpunk audio drama. Starts out kinda slow-paced but picks up.

Besides "We're Alive" the serial show I REALLY look forward to most is "The Red Panda" from Decoder Ring Theater...

For SF anthology stories nothing I've found so far beats Escape Pod and Drabblecast....

timberwoof
May 8th, 2011, 11:46 PM
The podiobooks by Mur Lafferty are pretty good. I finished Playing For Keeps the other day. Man I wish there was a second book to that. Scott Sigler has some good ones. Infection is awesome and the sequel Contagious is just as good. Granted they are in audiobook format without any sound affects but they are good stories. Leviathan Chronicles is good and I think the second season is coming up soon. Hopefully anyway. The sound affects and story line are very good quality. Or you can always hit up the audio books for Day by Day Armageddon. J.L. Bourne did a he'll of a job on those. Can't wait for the third.

Blood & Ice Cream
May 10th, 2011, 12:02 PM
after i caught up with WA last November, been on the hunt for other audio fun! So far i've gotten through

WORMWOOD - good but sound volume all over the place, and the ending! Plus Series 3 was pretty poor imo
THE LEVIATHAN CHRONICLES - very good production levels, but found parts of the story a bit too fragmented, but look forward to book 2
FETIDUS - good and different, but some of the narration completely over the top (e.g. five minutes of talk to describe 30 secs of action)
AGE OF THE ZOMBIES - disappeared after 5 episodes, liked the story/idea though
THE WITCH HUNTER CHRONICLES - started well, 13 episodes, but found the storey ran out of steam and finished on a low
THE ANTITHESIS PROGRESSION - liking it, but series 2 on hold due to the writer/producer other workload
CHILDREN OF THE GODS - again i do like this sci-fi series (think Independent Day / Wing Commander), but only 3 to 4 chapters per year, it started in 2005 and chapter 11 is nearly ready for realise
EDICT ZERO FIS - having difficulty getting into this one, one chapter per month produced, find the episodes a bit too long (about 70 minutes) for me
THE BYRON CHRONICLES - slightly lower quality production but quite enjoyed and followed the story line to completion, not sure if Darker Projects have finished with it completely

will have to check out the others from this thread now!

Osiris
May 10th, 2011, 04:51 PM
I think I've got a few hundred GBs of OTR stashed away that I've collected over the years. Suspense, X-Minus One, Lights Out, The Whistler, I Love A Mystery, Richard Diamond Private Detective, The Black Museum (Orson Wells was the host), Inner Sanctum, Lux Radio Theater, Escape, The Weird Circle, Quiet Please, Screen Director's Playhouse, Mystery In The Air... there are so many to choose from!

Adventureless_Hero
May 11th, 2011, 12:58 PM
The Byron Chronicles - a world with magic, mythical beasts, pissed off supernatural beings. It has a Lovecraftian Steampunk vibe and the lead character Byron reminds me of Vash the Stampede in the sense that he jokes in the face of danger but when a topic hits too close to home he will straighten up and get the job done. Early in The Byron Chronicles there are some cheap sound effects and some lame character voices, but I think it's definitely worth a chance. Near the close of season 1 is when I was really drawn in to the story.

After reading the recommendations made in this thread it appears The Leviathan Chronicles and Wormwood are next on my list. Thanks to all who share!

!!!And THANK YOU We're Alive FOR INTRODUCING ME TO THE WORLD OF AUDIO DRAMA!!!

MrScott101
May 11th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Using iTunes I couldn't get Leviathan to work, I'll have to look up Wormwood. I have listened to Edict Zero - FIS and once you get past the first 3 chapters the panning gets way better. If the story hadn't been interesting enough I would have given up on it.

Started listening to Fetidus but so far I feel like I'm listening to an audiobook with techno music in the background and some strange lady's voice with special effects. Not too sure about that one right now. I also have Darker Projects:Autumn but haven't had a go with it past the promotional podcast.

Adventurless_Hero - you should check out some old time radio! CBS radio mystery theater very good stuff: http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=cbs%20radio%20mystery%20theater

Adventureless_Hero
May 13th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Adventurless_Hero - you should check out some old time radio! CBS radio mystery theater very good stuff: http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=cbs%20radio%20mystery%20theater

Thanks. I opened the page and saw there is PLENTY to peruse. I'll probably pop in to pick up a piece or possibly ponder on picking a plethora of popular posted podcasts!

Seriously though, thanks for the recomendation. That site is not blocked by my work's internet security so now I actually have a lot of options of passing time. Thanks MrScott101!

[edit]

I just used that site to find some old school Thin Man broadcasts. Great stuff! A bit dated but it holds up over time. Thanks again MrScott101.

Blood & Ice Cream
May 15th, 2011, 05:53 AM
looks as if FETIDUS Book 2 and a FETIDUS Prequel in the pipeline!

mascaria
May 15th, 2011, 12:39 PM
http://www.themaskofinanna.com/

Break is over, new episode in June. Wooo

Osiris
May 15th, 2011, 12:42 PM

Downloading now.

Creem_Filling
May 15th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Downloading now.

As am I. Even though I have no idea what it's about. But I know people on these forums have good tastes in podcasts.

Osiris
May 15th, 2011, 01:01 PM
As am I. Even though I have no idea what it's about. But I know people on these forums have good tastes in podcasts.

Download is based purely on something Mascaria said in the chatbox. +1

Osiris
May 15th, 2011, 09:37 PM

Good job. Now I'm hooked on something new. Thanks for that. Great show though, really good callback to the forefathers of the genre.

Creem_Filling
May 17th, 2011, 07:44 PM

This is great! I can't stop listening to it now!

Osiris
May 17th, 2011, 07:49 PM
This is great! I can't stop listening to it now!

At first I was skeptical... but near the end of the second episode I was really enjoying it.

Creem_Filling
May 17th, 2011, 08:07 PM
At first I was skeptical... but near the end of the second episode I was really enjoying it.

Same here. I just finished the second one, and it was right after the speedbumb I got really interested.

mascaria
May 17th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Yup. It's a good one :)
I got worried when it went on a break, that's often times the death knell for an audio drama podcast... they go on break and never come back. But they've got a date and a promo so... *fingers crossed*

Nevermatter
May 18th, 2011, 05:52 AM
I gave Leviathen a good shot but could not get into it. But I did find an awesome audio book called "The 7th Son" Free on itunes. Its pretty good and the author has no problems when it comes to axing main characters for sake of story progression.
Going to go try wormwood now.
Also just try typing the name Scott Sigler into itunes! He makes alot of free audio books that are pretty amazing!

Creem_Filling
May 18th, 2011, 09:53 AM
What is Leviation about? I've heard a lot about it.

Adventureless_Hero
May 19th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Tully from Leviathan sounds like Kevin Flood (Kalani) sometimes, imo.

Just finished with episode 5 of The Mask of Inanna; it was tough to get through at some points. It drags a bit...but I did stick with it. Totally confused at some parts, but the pieces came together with that last bit. My favorite radio drama within a radio drama: I was a Communist for the CIA

...continuing with Leviathan.

Has anyone tried The Byron Chronicles yet?

Blood & Ice Cream
May 19th, 2011, 12:25 PM
What is Leviation about? I've heard a lot about it.

present day sci-fi adventure about a scientist who discovers she is related to a secret group of immortals that have been living in their own secret utopian city at the bottom of the pacific

season 1 is 25 chapters long, each about 40-60 minutes long, production levels are high, full cast, and professional sound effects
season 2 is in production

Nevermatter
May 19th, 2011, 01:24 PM
present day sci-fi adventure about a scientist who discovers she is related to a secret group of immortals that have been living in their own secret utopian city at the bottom of the pacific

season 1 is 25 chapters long, each about 40-60 minutes long, production levels are high, full cast, and professional sound effects
season 2 is in production

I gotta say, even though its something I couldn't really get in to, Leviathans production quality is top notch. Damn close to the immersive post production work of WA.

clarkie
May 22nd, 2011, 10:56 AM
I couldn't get into Wormwood, the first episode bored me to death. At least We're Alive kept me listening even if the voice-acting etc. wasn't as good as it is today. I'll probably check out Autumn, since the British accents shouldn't be a problem to understand (unless they're fake and badly done, in which case I WILL have a problem), and maybe Leviathan Chronicles. Doubt I'll find anything as good as We're Alive, though.

MrScott101
May 22nd, 2011, 11:43 AM
Thanks. I opened the page and saw there is PLENTY to peruse. I'll probably pop in to pick up a piece or possibly ponder on picking a plethora of popular posted podcasts!

Seriously though, thanks for the recomendation. That site is not blocked by my work's internet security so now I actually have a lot of options of passing time. Thanks MrScott101!

I have about 80 of these at work, I started listening to them about 10 years ago, but my favorites are "old ones are hard to kill", "The Time box", "hound of the baskervilles". I'll have to wait till monday for more good ones, can't remember the other ones off the top of my head. But there is a slightly newer one early 80's or late 70's that has John Lithgow (sp?) audio quality not that great but a good story. All of those that I reference are cbs radio mysteries!

Luna Guardian
May 22nd, 2011, 02:48 PM
I don't know how I could forget the most hilarious of them all: ElvenQuest! That's an amazing series with excellent quality and brilliant humor about a man and his dog who get taken to another dimension full of elves and dwarves and Lord Darknesses.

Osiris
May 22nd, 2011, 02:53 PM
I don't know how I could forget the most hilarious of them all: ElvenQuest! That's an amazing series with excellent quality and brilliant humor about a man and his dog who get taken to another dimension full of elves and dwarves and Lord Darknesses.

WTF?! http://smiliesftw.com/x/laugh.gif

Luna Guardian
May 29th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Hey, it's an awesome series! You should definitely look it up, I can even help you with that :D

Osiris
May 29th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Hey, it's an awesome series! You should definitely look it up, I can even help you with that :D

Link me. I'm so in for this.

Magrat
Jun 15th, 2011, 11:38 PM
If ya can get your hands on the entire 5 part version of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. It's brilliant from beginning to end.

Go here (http://www.sadena.com/BBC-Radio/H2G2/) to get them! They are well worth it. Funny, irreverent and damn enjoyable. There was a break between season 2 and 3 (during which the writer Douglas Adams died, some of the actors died and a movie was made).

Golden
Jun 22nd, 2011, 06:13 AM
Scott siglers the Crypt is amazing just enter it on iTunes and you'll find it

Kc
Jun 28th, 2011, 10:20 AM
I'm going to send out an invite to another forum who specializes in Audio Dramas to post ads for their shows here. That way during the time off others can discover more to listen to.

Adventureless_Hero
Jun 28th, 2011, 10:31 AM
I'm going to send out an invite to another forum who specializes in Audio Dramas to post ads for their shows here. That way during the time off others can discover more to listen to.

Are there any you listen to?

JulieH
Jun 28th, 2011, 11:20 AM
I produce 19 Nocturne Boulevard (www.19nocturneboulevard.com / http://nineteennocturne.libsyn.com) - an anthology series (those half hour stories are great for commutes). Stories range from horror, to sci fi, to drama, to romance, to comedy, to whatever I felt like writing that day...
;)
I would suggest The Witchhunter Chronicle and Edict Zero. Also, One-Eighteen Migration (for a completely different take on a zombie apocalypse).

There's LOTS of great stuff out here.
[didn't take me long to jump on that invite - eh? Thanx much KC!!]

sleeburg27
Jun 28th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Someone already mentioned us earlier in the thread, but I thought I'd jump into the discussion since the invite went out.

I'm the executive producer of Pendant Productions (http://www.pendantaudio.com/), and we've got a whole pile of audio dramas for those looking for new content.

We have a shared comic universe we refer to as "Earth-P", which presently incorporates shows based on Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Catwoman and Green Arrow. Each of those shows releases one new episode a month, and most of them have been running on that schedule for years now (Green Arrow is a new addition, but give it time).

We've also got completed fan productions based on Star Wars, Indiana Jones and James Bond, as well as an ongoing Star Trek-based show that's been running for over five years (with, again, one new episode every month).

We've also got many original shows as well, including:

Dixie Stenberg and Brassy Battalion - a sci-fi action/comedy set during WWII done as an homage/spoof of old time radio
The Kingery - a sci-fi crime drama about a mob family, the resort they own and the people who try to take it from them
Genesis Avalon - an original superhero audio drama where personal demons are tougher to kill than literal demons
Red Sands Investigations - A woman inherits her uncle's detective agency after his death, which didn't at all happen the way she was told
The Line - A war between heaven and hell breaks out on earth, and a troubled girl is caught in the middle
Seminar - an anthology show in the grand "Twilight Zone" tradition, with no restrictions on genre

Of the above, "Dixie" has completed its story over the course of 50 episodes, but the rest are still permanently ongoing with new episodes every month.

We've had at least one show as a Parsec finalist every year for the last four years, and I certainly hope that trend continues in 2011. Stop by and check us out, and hopefully you'll find something you enjoy! :)

Kc
Jun 28th, 2011, 12:12 PM
I produce 19 Nocturne Boulevard (www.19nocturneboulevard.com (http://www.19nocturneboulevard.com) / http://nineteennocturne.libsyn.com) - an anthology series (those half hour stories are great for commutes). Stories range from horror, to sci fi, to drama, to romance, to comedy, to whatever I felt like writing that day...
;)
I would suggest The Witchhunter Chronicle and Edict Zero. Also, One-Eighteen Migration (for a completely different take on a zombie apocalypse).

On a side note, you all might recognize Julie as one of the radio operators from the Colony :)

nikvoodoo
Jun 28th, 2011, 02:36 PM
On a side note, you all might recognize Julie as one of the radio operators from the Colony :)

Was Julie the happy-go-lucky, chipper operator that extended the welcome to Michael et al against Victor's advice?

JulieH
Jul 5th, 2011, 06:57 AM
[Assumes most innocent wide-eyed look ever]
Who, me? uh... I don't remember! Yeah, that's it!
I cannot recall....
No comment...
:)

Osiris
Jul 14th, 2011, 02:25 PM
I produce 19 Nocturne Boulevard (www.19nocturneboulevard.com / http://nineteennocturne.libsyn.com) - an anthology series (those half hour stories are great for commutes). Stories range from horror, to sci fi, to drama, to romance, to comedy, to whatever I felt like writing that day...
;)

I was recommended this a month back... sadly, I've not had time to get to it. However, with the season break looming, I'll be on the lookout for something new (which brings me to this thread once more). I've interest in hearing The Facts Concerning... what with being a Lovecraft fan and all.

JulieH
Jul 15th, 2011, 12:31 PM
I was recommended this a month back... sadly, I've not had time to get to it. However, with the season break looming, I'll be on the lookout for something new (which brings me to this thread once more). I've interest in hearing The Facts Concerning... what with being a Lovecraft fan and all.

May I suggest beginning with "The Picture in the House", which begins the chain of episodes leading up to "The Facts Concerning..." [followed by "The Haunter of the Dark" and "The View from Within"]

For other HPL goodness, we have adaptations of "The Temple" and "within the Walls of Eryx", as well as a modernization of "Cool Air" called "Chillin". Also, in a month or two, we will be bringing out "The Thing on the Doorstep"
:)
Yup - Lovecraft fan here, too... can ya tell?
--Julie

Nullifier
Jul 17th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Check out I.G Hulme's The Heavenfield Sci-fi/Horror but be aware it is an audio book, not a podcast, the artwork on the site is seriously disturbed, but in a good way.

http://www.theheavenfield.com/

Also check out the Giant Gnome Production of Outpost set in the Star Trek universe, it's great

http://www.giantgnome.com/category/startrekoutpost_podcast/

ShezgottaSmilez
Jul 19th, 2011, 07:41 PM
"Thrilling Adventure Hour" these guy are just very hilarious, parody of old time raido, different on going shows. One is a cowboy on mars, other is alocholic couple who see's ghost. There on itunes...

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/thrilling-adventure-hour/id408691897

Producer
Jul 19th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Hi Guys, if you are interested in listening to some awesome audio drama shows, then check out the Moonlight Audio Theatre Podcast.

YOUR PORTAL TO THE BEST IN MODERN AUDIO DRAMA SUSPENSE, MYSTERY, HORROR, SCI-FI, SUPERNATURAL, COMEDY, DRAMA AND SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS

Now heard in 25 countries from around the world on the BlackBerry® smartphone, BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet, iTunes and our soon to be updated website.

David
moonlight@telus.blackberry.net

This podcast is currently featuring The Fourth Tower of Inverness by ZBS Media and it's free as are all the shows that are featured. Some of the productions companies showcased are: Crazy Dog Audio Theatre, The Wireless Theatre Company, Midnight Radio Theatre, 19 Nocuturne Boulevard, Brokensea Audio Productions, Voices In The Wind Audio Theatre, Atlanta Radio Theatre Company, Washington Audio Theatre, Electric Vicuna Productions and soon to be featured Final Rune Productions.

RSS FEED LINK (http://moonlightaudio.libsyn.com/rss)

Jillibean
Aug 3rd, 2011, 11:36 PM
There seems to be a lot of good suggestions here. One site I enjoy is graphicaudio.net These are not free, but you get what you pay for. I've just listened to the DC titles they have done. I wasn't a huge Flash fan before, but The Flash: Stop Motion is really good. So is Batman Dead White and Inferno. I've listened to a lot of them and haven't been disappointed yet. They just did a huge Green Lantern series and in the Fall they are coming out with Batman: No Man's Land. They don't have just DC titles, they have others too. I just haven't listened to them yet.

Magrat
Aug 9th, 2011, 06:41 AM

http://www.sadena.com/BBC-Radio/H2G2/

oh look. there it is.

Osiris
Aug 9th, 2011, 07:44 AM
There were more than five parts. :squint: The BBC pumped out 12 or 13 episodes.

Kc
Aug 9th, 2011, 12:56 PM
http://www.colonialradio.com/index.html
Colonial Radio Theater has a bunch as well, but they aren't free-

Magrat
Aug 11th, 2011, 01:44 AM
There were more than five parts. :squint: The BBC pumped out 12 or 13 episodes.

6 episodes (or fits) per season. 5 seasons. 26 episodes of HHGTTG all up. Original 2 seasons were 12 eps, but then there were more.

JulieH
Aug 16th, 2011, 08:04 AM
For the horror fans out there, just added a new episode to 19 Nocturne - an adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft's "The Thing on the Doorstep (http://www.19nocturneboulevard.net/11_all%20show%20pages/19Nocturne/previous%20episodes/Doorstep.htm)."

There's a lot of good one-shot, or short run dramas out there too - often hard to find, and too numerous to mention.
A nexus for a lot of these is at audiodramatalk.com
another pace to find a lot of good links is theaudiodramadirectory.com

badhead
Aug 17th, 2011, 10:33 AM
a company called big finnish do some very good doctor who audio plays

JulieH
Sep 21st, 2011, 07:22 AM
Coming next month from 19 Nocturne Boulevard - a new adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft's The Dunwich Horror!

Watch this space: http://www.19nocturneboulevard.net/upcoming%20episodes.htm

Kn1ckerb0cker33
Sep 28th, 2011, 03:57 PM
The Paranormalists (UK Podcast).

So far it seems good for a chuckle. Some pretty funny one-liners if you enjoy their sort of comedy. Listening to the early episodes now

http://www.paranormalists.co.uk/

Zombiphobe
Sep 29th, 2011, 02:30 PM
The Red Panda Adventures (http://www.decoderringtheatre.com/) is a witty Canadian superhero fighing crime and Nazis with the help of his female driver
The Radio Adventures of Doctor Floyd (http://www.doctorfloyd.com/) is a fun kids program that takes a humorous look at history/literature.
1918 (http://www.1918show.com/) has a lot of fun with an absurd fusion of World War I and alien technology.
Almost anything by Roger Gregg at Crazy Dog Audio Theatre (http://www.crazydogaudiotheatre.com/), particularly The Stuff of Myth, The Salmon of Blackpool, and Brad's Book of Lies

Blood & Ice Cream
Oct 13th, 2011, 12:42 PM
really pleased the byron chronicles and the mask of inanna are back on - only thing keeping me sane

understand edict zero returns next month as well

nice to see a few new suggestions i'll be trying as well

John S Ballentine
Jan 23rd, 2012, 02:56 PM
Hey guys! We do a little show called Campfire Radio Theater dramatized with full cast, music and sound effects. It's a horror anthology that's still in its early stages but feel free to come visit us at... http://campfireradiotheater.podbean.com/ You can look us up on iTunes as well.

Currently we're working on a WW 2 era episode with Vampires and Nazis and I'm hoping to do a Christmas show later in the year featuring some of our zombie friends. :zombie:

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Jan 25th, 2012, 06:26 AM

I'm just getting into Lovecraft, but having a dickens of a time dealing with his Racism. I like the Mythos and the guys over at HPpodcast.com do a pretty good job.

reaper239
Jan 25th, 2012, 06:36 AM
I'm just getting into Lovecraft, but having a dickens of a time dealing with his Racism. I like the Mythos and the guys over at HPpodcast.com do a pretty good job.

i love lovecraft, in fact "The Survivor" story that i've been posting in the fanfics is a lovecraftian-esque horror. i haven't really gotten to the unnameable horrors yet, but they are coming. speaking of, i've got to get writing on that again.

reaper239
Feb 9th, 2012, 09:44 AM
pseudopod. google it. awesome.

Litmaster
Feb 9th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Besides "We're Alive," some memorable contemporary audio dramas that I have heard include:

- Chatterbox Audio Theater's "The Dead Girl": More of an OTR feel to it, but a compelling story and good acting. Chatterbox puts out good stuff; check their website.

- Darker Projects Byron Chronicles: Lots of fans already for this one; compelling main character.

- Decorated Air Theater's "This Thing of Ours": Great story of a wiseguy in a NY mob family.

- Final Rune Production's "Three Skeleton Key" and "Intensive Care": If you haven't checked out Fred and Final Rune, do so. He is a Maine-based producer who also hosts the Radio Drama Revival website, who has interviewed Kc in the past, I believe.

- Icebox Radio Theater: Lots of good stuff here, like the spy thriller "Borderline"

- Keeg's Quest: Rich Matheson's hilarious comedy fancast for Elder Scrolls.

- Private Ear Audio Theater's "The Smoker": Usually I don't go in for the traditional hero-villain serial, but this one cracks me up.

- "Tales from the Museum"- Creepy paranormal stories based in a mysterious museum...

- Teknikal Diffikulties: Not an audio drama, but if you like Monty Python, then check out this hilarious one man show.

- "1918": This one does have a production quality that rivals "We're Alive". A fun blend of sci-fi and WWI era Red Baron stuff. The death scene with Xavier Xanders always cracks me up.

Other great ones already mentioned include "Wormwood," Julie's '19 Nocturne Blvd' and Christof's "Leviathan Chronicles". And listen to anything by Roger Gregg and Crazy Dog Audio Theater... I especially liked "The Salmon of Blackpool" and "Infidel".

One more that you should check out is Audio Epic's "Witch Hunter Chronicles." This one has a very high production quality, a great self-contained story about an Inquisition-era witch hunter and his quest for revenge and redemption. Fantastic music, too. Their website is at:

http://whchronicles.wordpress.com/

buzzbros2002
Feb 9th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Geekshow's "Geek By Night (http://www.geekshow.us/category/content/podcasts/geek-by-night/)" was excellent, although they stopped it mid season... It's what inspired me to get into writing scripts for audio drama's.

IamPaul
Feb 9th, 2012, 06:10 PM
There really isn't anything as good as We're Alive. So keep the expectations low. There is Batman The Ace of Detectives and a bunch of others under Pendant Productions I believe. They are ok if you like comics. Some Doctor Who and Star Wars as well. It is really hard to listen to any others after listening to WA. That is why we have all listened to We're Alive like a bazillion times, right?

Gobbi
Feb 10th, 2012, 01:01 PM
I've tried a bunch over the last bit but mostly duds...KC and his sunshine band have just spoiled us...perhaps they can try for an alternate series (preferably in another city/country)

Here is my opinion on audiodramas.

Good
Were alive
Leviathan (this might end up in bad pile if season 1 doesn't get better)

Undecided:
Age of zombies- story line has potential (1yr postzombie apocalypse) but the background music is louder then the vocals many times, and the levels hurt my eardrums. Many story lines = ambitious or destined to fail

Brave men run- kids with super powers, sound quality is better then most. But kinda teenage drama/maturity

The failed cities - post apocalypse religious/gang wars.*Interesting concept*

Byron chronicles - sometimes really good but many times really bad. Technically solid but story doesn't really suck you in.*

Earthcore- ehh...not great but I'm only 1 episode in...quality is worth a try

The sparkling dead- about to try it

Bad
Zombie nights
Dead Mech- really good start but zombies that use ironman like mechs...really?
Unleashed-*
The takeover
Fetdius
Infected
Contagion
Fried green zombies
You have dead on you- lame jokes with a lamer story lines*

Hopefully this is helpful

reaper239
Feb 11th, 2012, 06:21 AM
I've tried a bunch over the last bit but mostly duds...KC and his sunshine band have just spoiled us...perhaps they can try for an alternate series (preferably in another city/country)

Here is my opinion on audiodramas.

Good
Were alive
Leviathan (this might end up in bad pile if season 1 doesn't get better)

Undecided:
Age of zombies- story line has potential (1yr postzombie apocalypse) but the background music is louder then the vocals many times, and the levels hurt my eardrums. Many story lines = ambitious or destined to fail

Brave men run- kids with super powers, sound quality is better then most. But kinda teenage drama/maturity

The failed cities - post apocalypse religious/gang wars.*Interesting concept*

Byron chronicles - sometimes really good but many times really bad. Technically solid but story doesn't really suck you in.*

Earthcore- ehh...not great but I'm only 1 episode in...quality is worth a try

The sparkling dead- about to try it

Bad
Zombie nights
Dead Mech- really good start but zombies that use ironman like mechs...really?
Unleashed-*
The takeover
Fetdius
Infected
Contagion
Fried green zombies
You have dead on you- lame jokes with a lamer story lines*

Hopefully this is helpful

aaaaahhhhh no, sparkling monsters = bad. real vampires/zombies don't sparkle, real men don't wear pink.

Blood & Ice Cream
Feb 16th, 2012, 01:26 PM
whilst waiting for series three, i've been re-listening to:

Edict Zero (now on series two and getting better - sci-fi crime thriller)
Wormwood (much better the second time round - occult horror)
Children of the Gods (unfortunately very irregular - future sci-fi story)
Warp'd Space (more sci-fi, part of Julie Hoverson's podcast)

just discovered and rather enjoying Mike Bennett's 'Underwood & Flinch' vampire novel, great dry british black humour, find myself laughing out loud all the time - i normally prefer full cast audio dramas, although have subscibed to 'Fetidus' and 'The Antithesis Progression' in the past, which i've stuck with and quite happy to listen to - some other author read podcasts can be terrible though

but 'Underwood & Flinch' is very good, and and his voices/acting are/is excellent! russian, british, irish, spanish, german, male and female, young and old alike - brilliant!

i'm even strangely attracted to his german girlfriend :0 (hope she returns - i'm up to chapter 19 so far) and yes, pickled eggs, well i quite like 'em (but i'm a brit), but strangely Mike Bennett doesn't!

badhead
Feb 19th, 2012, 06:25 AM
on the edge of darkness is very good

reaper239
Feb 23rd, 2012, 10:49 AM
The Urban Survival Podcast from In The Rabbit Hole (http://www.intherabbithole.com/urban-survival-podcast/)

Litmaster
Feb 26th, 2012, 05:26 PM
I just got through listening to Chatterbox Audio Theater's short play "Six" about a strange cult of Russian Roulette players. It's intense! Give it a listen while you're waiting around for March 4th...

http://www.chatterboxtheater.org/node/23

mem
Feb 27th, 2012, 01:10 PM
http://rss.cnn.com/services/podcasting/ac360/rss.xml

scarier than nightmare on elmstreet

Zombiphobe
Mar 5th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Fred Greenhalgh of Final Rune Productions has a new audio drama serial called The Cleansed, due to come out Friday March 9th.
It's a post-oil apocalyptic tale and his production values are always top-notch. So be sure to check it out:

http://thecleansed.com/

The pilot episode: Episode 0 – The Breaking is already available and gives us some of the background action 15 years prior to Season 1

Litmaster
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Second the motion on "The Cleansed."

Fred has come out with Season One, so it looks like it's going to be a good one. Jury's still out yet on how it will compare to WA, but if you want to jump on board a new one from the very beginning, then check out "The Cleansed" at:

http://www.finalrune.com/category/audio-fiction-stories/the-cleansed/

reaper239
Mar 29th, 2012, 05:23 AM
listening to episode 0 now. really good, i love the radio personality. and now he's smoking a blunt.

reaper239
Mar 29th, 2012, 05:57 AM
my mind was just blown. KC was mentioned in the credits of the cleansed episode 0. now the question is, what role did KC play in the show's production?

HorrorHiro
Apr 7th, 2012, 01:30 PM
I recently stumbled upon various original Audio Dramas, most of them by two different groups (and all of these can be found on iTunes.)

http://www.darkerprojects.com/index.php

Now, I myself (up until very recently) hadn't heard of these guys. And after hearing some of what they have made, if you haven't heard of them you should check them out.

http://www.giantgnome.com/

I can the same for these guys.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Apr 8th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Horror,
Why would you start a sep thread when there is one dedicated to other audio dramas?

Solanine
Apr 8th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Also darker projects have a habit of not finishing their audio drama's, or take a long time to finish them. The production value is ok but when downloading their different series I find that they stop at weird places that are obviously not the end. And when I look at the feed it would seem that they've not been updated in a while.

HorrorHiro
Apr 8th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Horror,
Why would you start a sep thread when there is one dedicated to other audio dramas?

I forgot about this thread.

Zombiphobe
Apr 12th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Also darker projects have a habit of not finishing their audio dramas.

Yeah, I remember being intrigued by their "Generation 1" show. They I realized they only ever produced two episodes. :-(

GeneTwo
Apr 12th, 2012, 06:19 PM
http://theaudiodramadirectory.com/

The website has a large list of radio/podcast dramas. We're Alive is in the Horror section.

Osiris
Apr 12th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Been listening to a lot of X-Minus One lately. Old school, son. Old school.

finalrune
Apr 15th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Hey Litmaster, Zombiphobe (and earlier, Mudpuppy) - Thanks for the shout! Guess I should have moseyed over here sooner. I don't do a lot of forum'ing but I've been following We're Alive since Sept 2009. I got an email for Kc where he introduced the show as a zombie show "not like the many others I have heard out there" and boy was he right :) I have had the pleasure of discovering some incredible work in my role auditioning new material for http://www.radiodramarevival.com/ and a whole hell of a lot of duds as well.

Most of the top dramas I recommend are already mentioned here: Wormwood, Leviathan Chronicles, Mask of Innana all come at the top as serialized podcasts in this category. My 'mentor,' so to speak, is the great Roger Gregg who was the one who introduced me to on-location recording. He has done some remarkable work, check any of it out you will love it: http://www.radiodramarevival.com/category/audio-groups/crazy-dog-audio-theater/page/3/ (that'll get you to "The Last Harbinger," a great satirical post-apocalyptic esque story with overtones of Dostovesky's Grand Inquistor). Dirk Maggs is splendid, he did the new Hitchhiker's Guide stories, Tom Lopez who I'm featuring now has dozens of stories with strange humor immersive sound design and space music and then there's John Dryden, a BBC reporter turned dramatist who makes gripping, location recorded shows in exotic places across the globe. Seriously, there are over 200 hours in Radio Drama Revival's archives and most of it holds up pretty well.

OK, on to the stuff on my new series.

I have been wanting to do a series for awhile now, I must cite We're Alive as a big inspiration as I used to do 30 or 60 minute one-off shows but seeing what they were able to do with ongoing characters, a dramatic story arc, etc. made me really feel that a serialized podcast is the way to do something bigger that actually attracts an audience that sticks around. The Cleansed is a story that has haunted me for awhile, and so it was a perfect match for this format.

It's a post-apocalyptic tale, but it's not about zombies, or at least, not in the epidemic sense. It posits a world not-so-far-from-now where SHTF after we run out of oil. A bunch of preppers takes over Bangor, Maine and all hell breaks loose. There is more than a gentle nod to Stephen King. In fact, we aired the pilot on his radio station and even had him OK the use of his likeness in the script. The Kc reference - Kc is not actually in the drama but I had him look over the script and give me feedback on all of the soldier stuff, so he helped work on the dialogue for the radio transmissions, the realism of the soldier's reactions to the catastrophe, etc.

While the first Ep is all about the SHTF / TEOTWAWKI moment, really the story picks up 15 years later. The terrible times of "The Breaking," are behind us, and we're introduced to a bucolic, off-grid refuge in the woods of Maine. They've scratched out a living through farming, low power tech with solar panels, wind, etc... but things will soon go awry. A ghost from the past appears, pleading for help overthrowing a new enemy. The village elders don't believe him, but we soon learn of the countercurrent. In the ashes of what used to be New York, a dark man creeps in the alleys, killing for sport and manipulating those with guns and influence to come around to his way of thinking. Elsewhere, there is a man crying out, preaching that it is the End of Days, that Christ is coming and the ultimate battle will soon be here. The dark man smiles. An ultimate battle. That will be fun.

And so the show begins, with two youths in the woods of Maine spirited off by a dream of adventure, with no idea of the chaos that awaits them.

One thing I share with the WA producers is a total commitment to realism in the drama. I do not want you to hit a little story inaccuracy that pulls you out of the story and makes you think that the writer was half-baked (though some of the characters are...). To push this realism even further we record our productions on location, meaning we go out in the world with our microphone and recorder kit and record our actors running around in live spaces - we have been at an airport, a house, woods, stream, farm, and an abandoned textile mill with deep dark catacombs so far in recording this show.

Season 1 of The Cleansed (http://thecleansed.com/season-1/) is now podcasting with a new installment each week, around 8 minutes. They are released on Friday and Season 1 builds to a climax around Halloween 2012. We are also releasing the episodes ahead of time in an uncut version 30 minutes long, available for a small fee.

The show has over 40 actors, an original score, unique episode art each week. There will be 3 seasons only in this story, the ending is already written, we go into a small dormant period from Nov-Feb this year and kick up Season 2 next March. So, if this stuff interests you, I'd appreciate you giving a listen. We are just getting going now (week 6) but initial reviews have been very positive.

Sorry for the dissertation, but as you may be able to tell this stuff fires me up!

- Fred

Writer/Producer/Director
FinalRune Productions (http://www.finalrune.com)
Radio Drama Revival (http://www.radiodramarevival.com)
The Cleansed (http://thecleansed.com)

Second the motion on "The Cleansed."

Fred has come out with Season One, so it looks like it's going to be a good one. Jury's still out yet on how it will compare to WA, but if you want to jump on board a new one from the very beginning, then check out "The Cleansed" at:

http://www.finalrune.com/category/audio-fiction-stories/the-cleansed/

COsurvivor
May 30th, 2012, 07:16 PM
www.podiobooks.com has MANY audiobooks read by the authors...

I recommend Dead Mech (http://www.podiobooks.com/title/dead-mech) it is great!

Coo
Jun 1st, 2012, 06:30 AM
Also in agreement with other posters, I enjoy most of Scott Sigler's audio books - Nocturnal and the GFL trilogy (neither are horror tho), Fried Green Zombies - laughed at this one all the way through, Underwood and Flinch has just had it's last episode and I was sorry to see it end.
I liked The Falcon Banner, Byron Chronicles, Alive Inside but agree they do have the tendency to just stop and move onto another podcast which is a shame. Decoder Ring Theatre is one of the best - BJJ and Trixie rules.

There was a good audiobook called Blood Witness on Itunes (sorry I can't remember the author) had a strange mix of Jehovas's Witness and vampires but it actually worked.

Litmaster
Jun 2nd, 2012, 05:34 PM
Hey Guys,

Yap Audio Productions is now on their 3rd episode of "Aftermath", another post-apocalyptic story set in Scotland. No zombies, but there are people gone lunatic via a mysterious green-haze as well as good quality sound and decent acting. Check out their facebook page at:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yap-Audio-Production/181722121907378

You can also download the "Aftermath" episodes from iTunes.

Here is another link, where they apparently had a little interview a few months ago with none other than our KC Wayland, who had been making the audiophile rounds quite a bit as of late...

http://soundcloud.com/yapaudio

COsurvivor
Jun 4th, 2012, 03:40 PM
YAP - Yap Audio Production (http://www.yapaudio.co.uk/)

Seems interesting at the early stages thou...

Coo
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:30 PM
www.podiobooks.com has MANY audiobooks read by the authors...

I recommend Dead Mech (http://www.podiobooks.com/title/dead-mech) it is great!

In the process of downloading now - thanks for the recommendation.:)

podcastlover
Jul 15th, 2012, 09:56 PM
I like The New York Crimes
http://thenycrimes.com

and

The Truth
http://thetruthapm.com

The Truth has really great production values. Kind of like This American Life, but fictional. They do a new story each episode, some really great sound design.
The New York Crimes is kind of like a radio drama version of that tv show Bored to Death. It's going to for a detective noir style, but its main characters are modern day hipsters.

Leedo2502
Jul 15th, 2012, 11:02 PM
I have a CD of Burns and Allen that I listen to alot...

Solanine
Aug 3rd, 2012, 11:33 AM
Im off to the olympics tomorrow and so am stocking up on audio drama's. I'll post later with suggestions/ warnings.

finalrune
Aug 6th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Thrilled that our new Season of The Cleansed made it into We're Alive Chapter 32: http://thecleansed.com/

Cadarn Kraz
Sep 18th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Greetings,

Some Of These Have Already Been Listed But I'm Going To Put Down What
I'v Enjoyed Listening To (besides We're Alive =p) And Try My Best To Rank
Them For You Guys

Darker Projects Is A Good Site,
They Have Good Audio Quality Good Acting.
Fair Warning, A Few Tend To End In The Middle

Five Minute Fears Ok
Night Terrors Ok
Tales From The Museum Good
The Byron Chronicles: Great
The Falcon Banner Good
ZomPod OK
Doctor Who Great
Star Trek: Lost Frontier Entertaining
Star Trek: Section 31 Ok
Alive Inside Ok
Autumn Ok
Dark Matter Ends In Middle/Other Wise Good
Infinity Doctors Ok Mini Series
Star Trek: Pioneers Ok

F.E.T.I.D.U.S Great
(The Foundation for the Ethical Treatment of the Innocently Dammed, Undead And Supernatural)
Good Quality and Good Acting, Sort Of A Horror/Drama/Mystery, You Follow The Story Line Of A
PI Trying To Solve What Seemed Like A Simple Case In A World Full Of Zombies, Ghosts, Vampires,
And A Few "Other" Things.

Currently I Am On: Good (So Far)
"On The Edge Of Darkness" Horror/Drama About A Man
Being Surviving A Supernatural Encounter On A Boat
As Personal Security, And What Happens Next.

Next I Plan On Trying "Cleansed" (http://thecleansed.com/)
Was Recommended To Me By A Friend So We'll See

Big Site With A Directory From Sifi, Thriller, Mystery Ect.
http://theaudiodramadirectory.com/

Few Others I'v Heard Of But Not Listened To:
star trek outpost http://www.giantgnome.com/category/startrekoutpost_podcast/
Worm Wood
The Leviathan Chronicles
Afterworld http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd3stfOcpq8
Fried Green Zombies
The Out Break
Dead Mech
The Mask of Inanna
Seven Sons
The Zombie Chonicles

If I Find Any Other Good Ones I'll Post Them, I'm Sure
I'm Not The Only One That Has Rifled Forums (New And Old)
Trying To Find Something Good To Lisen To.

Sincerely
-Cadarn Kraz

Blood & Ice Cream
Sep 18th, 2012, 11:14 AM
A few more for your list Cadarn:

Children of the Gods
Edict Zero
Underwood & Flinch

Litmaster
Sep 29th, 2012, 03:25 PM
I'm partway through the first season of Edict Zero- FIS and am liking what I hear so far!

Not sure what took me so long to give this one a try... I guess 'cause I don't really care for sci-fi, but this one is more of a crime drama than sci-fi. Production quality is good (although some weird panning and inconsistent foley [footstepts, etc] it a notch below We're Alive. Nevertheless, the writing is very good, story is compelling, and characterization excellent (I love Socrates... just brilliant acting and character execution on the crazy 'Man with a Pan'... ! )

Solanine
Sep 30th, 2012, 07:34 AM
"Dialled in" is good, if a little hit and miss.
I'd honestly give the Scott Sigler books a miss until you've listened to the better things out there.
Although they're okay the voice acting is pretty poor in some of them.

Cadarn Kraz
Oct 17th, 2012, 10:15 PM
thanks i'll give some of those a try, currently i'm listening to Starship excelsior (http://www.starshipexcelsior.com)
Not bad, Good Audio Quality, alright story line. it's an unofficial star trek. If Your A Podcast/trekkie fan its a nice listen
3 seasons long episodes it seems there still making them but.. who knows.:rolleyes:

Litmaster
Oct 18th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Hey Everyone,

Fred has just finished up with his first season of "The Cleansed," another post-apoc. story that does not feature zombies.

It is a high-quality production that deserves some more attention. Check it out at http://thecleansed.com/

Blues_127
Oct 22nd, 2012, 03:36 PM
Hey Everyone,

Fred has just finished up with his first season of "The Cleansed," another post-apoc. story that does not feature zombies.

It is a high-quality production that deserves some more attention. Check it out at http://thecleansed.com/ I checked this out and I'm digging it.

fantasticsuperman
Nov 3rd, 2012, 01:52 AM
Aftermath doesn't have a lot of episodes yet but I recommend it, it's a post apocalyptic story from the UK.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/aftermath/id493032950

http://soundcloud.com/aftermathpodcast

http://aftermath.jellycast.com/podcast/feed/2

Solanine
Nov 3rd, 2012, 11:51 AM
Currently on dead mech. Planning on going back over the next few weeks and filter through the suggestions to create an "Official" list of audio drama's to Marry, Bof or Kill.

Luna Guardian
Nov 3rd, 2012, 02:39 PM
Dead Mech is very good, although there is a bit of a lull after the beginning, but its starting to pick up again. I'm curious to see what the ending will be like

Cadarn Kraz
Nov 3rd, 2012, 10:17 PM
Dead Mech is very good

I'v Seen It Before But Passed It Over.. Sounded A Bit Silly, I Might Give It A Try Now.

Solanine
Nov 4th, 2012, 11:00 AM
It sounds silly. I tried it because I was desperate for something new.
Its actually pretty cool. Unfortunately the author has an annoying habit of cutting between scenes at seemingly random points but you soon get used to it.
Give it a few episodes and see how you like it, it takes a little while to warm up.

Luna Guardian
Nov 4th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Sounded A Bit Silly

Oh, it is silly. But it is still very good

Cadarn Kraz
Nov 4th, 2012, 11:16 PM
I was desperate for something new

Oh Yea, Been There.. Still Trying To Find Another
Gem Like We're Alive Or Aleast Something That Has
A lot Of Good Podcasts Like Darker Projects. its Nice
Having You Guys Post What You Have Discovered.
And I Will Try To Do The Same When I See Something

Luna Guardian
Nov 4th, 2012, 11:20 PM
I warmly recommend How To Succeed In Evil, it has a villain that actually is realistic (Well, you'll see...)

Solanine
Nov 6th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Oh, it is silly. But it is still very good

Mechs=Awesome, Zombies=Awesome, Audio books= Awesome. Put it together and you get something really special. Its not WA but its good at what it does.
For one of those podio-book-thingamee-whats-its the production value is pretty good. Much better than the Scott Sigler stuff (his female voices are ALL the same. And that one female voice isn't a good one.).
While I'm here another shout out to the Failed cities monologues. Its probably fourth on my list of stuff out there (after Dead Mech, Dialled In and We're Alive).

Nex
Nov 16th, 2012, 06:17 AM
On such a big thread no one mentioned claybourne? This is the series that got me hooked onto audio dramas. Claybourne. I even cried at one point. It's free on The Archive.

http://archive.org/details/OTRR_Claybourne_Singles

scbubba
Nov 16th, 2012, 06:33 AM
On such a big thread no one mentioned claybourne? This is the series that got me hooked onto audio dramas. Claybourne. I even cried at one point. It's free on The Archive.

http://archive.org/details/OTRR_Claybourne_Singles

Welcome!

And thanks for the Claybourne suggestion. Haven't heard of it but will give a look....

Solanine
Nov 16th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Just an FYI the second book in the Apex (Dead Mech) series, "The Americans" is available on Itunes as a podcast. Type in Jake Bible. Also on there is a short story "Stark".

Nex
Nov 16th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Welcome!

And thanks for the Claybourne suggestion. Haven't heard of it but will give a look....

And BTW, you are going to need this after you finish claybpurne. It is in short the second season of claybourne which never got in production due to funds running out.

http://web.archive.org/web/20080112162240/http://thewireless.blogspot.com/2006/05/end-of-claybourne.html

scbubba
Nov 16th, 2012, 06:53 PM
And BTW, you are going to need this after you finish claybpurne. It is in short the second season of claybourne which never got in production due to funds running out.

http://web.archive.org/web/20080112162240/http://thewireless.blogspot.com/2006/05/end-of-claybourne.html

Cool. Will definitely pull all of it down...

Litmaster
Nov 17th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Currently re-listening to "Wormwood". Apparently the audio editor never heard of normalizing (causing a few ear-blasting moments when I had to yank out my headphones), but I like the creepy strangeness of the story. And Xander Crowe is a great, interesting character (how can you not like a guy with a dead hand?).

mem
Nov 20th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Giving "The Cleansed" a listen. Something about it annoys me and I havent been able to put my finger on it. Going to keep at it for a few more episodes before I make my final verdict.

Also everytime they mention Prophet i think of the kangaroos on Tank Girl lol

HorrorHiro
Nov 21st, 2012, 08:28 AM
www.aboveandbelowseries.co.uk

1 hour long pilot episode, please help these guys out by downloading the pilot! The more downloads the more likely that this series will be picked up.

scbubba
Nov 21st, 2012, 08:46 AM
www.aboveandbelowseries.co.uk

1 hour long pilot episode, please help these guys out by downloading the pilot! The more downloads the more likely that this series will be picked up.

Looks interesting. I'll give it a download. Thanks!

Solanine
Nov 23rd, 2012, 02:25 PM
listened to episode zero and nothing especially grabbed me. The five minute episode thing finished off my interest in the series.

Cadarn Kraz
Nov 25th, 2012, 12:17 AM
Just Finished How to Succeed in Evil, Really Enjoyed It. Nice Find.
If You Find The Squeal "How to Succeed in Evil: Hostile Takeover"
Let Me Know.

Cadarn Kraz
Nov 25th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Been Listening To Unkillable By Patrick E. McLean (Have His Name Stuck In My Head Now..)
I'm About Half Way Through And Its Not Bad.

http://podiobooks.com/title/unkillable/
Unkillable is the story of a young man who is cruelly murdered then brought back from the dead to
revenge himself. The kicker is: He’s not really alive. He can be hurt, he just can’t be killed.

RabidWolf
Jan 16th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Ok, maybe someone here can help. What I'd like to listen to is a zombie apocalypse type podcast or audiobook, but told from a zombies perspective. Been reading Warm Bodies, since the movie is coming out soon, but haven't been able to find any podcast that would be similar. Oh, and it needs to be free.

Cadarn Kraz
Jan 17th, 2013, 12:10 AM
Sorry Mate, Can't Find Any That Are Free.. I Did Find Three Through..

1. Zombie, Ohio
2. Brains: A Zombie Memoir
3. Breathers: A Zombie's Lament

Hope Some one Else Can Find Something For You.

Osiris
Jan 17th, 2013, 12:54 AM
Sorry Mate, Can't Find Any That Are Free.. I Did Find Three Through..

1. Zombie, Ohio
2. Brains: A Zombie Memoir
3. Breathers: A Zombie's Lament

Hope Some one Else Can Find Something For You.

Breathers is a fantastic book. Absolutely loved it. As for other casts or books that center around a zombie's perspective? I honestly can't think of anything beyond what you've listed. Surprisingly, not a huge zombie book fan.

RabidWolf
Jan 18th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Listening to The Leviathan Chronicles right now, not zombie related, but still finding it entertaining

Litmaster
Jan 18th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Listening to The Leviathan Chronicles right now, not zombie related, but still finding it entertaining

Saw on Facebook that Christoff and the gang are down in Texas right now putting the finishing touches on Season 2... finally.

I think his plan is to release the entire Season 2 at once as a paid product, then release each episode for free in installments. I'm also re-listening to Season 1 just to remember what the hell happened. I kind of like the more 'literary' narrative style of Leviathan; it is more like a book whereas 'We're Alive' is more like a movie. I think Kc would have been better served with more narration during some of those complex fight scenes... Leviathan seems to get it right with the narrative voice-over giving the 'play by play' of the action, which we hear via sound effects underneath.

Solanine
Jan 19th, 2013, 04:36 AM
I listened to the first season of the Leviathan Chronicles and it was ok I guess. However I couldn't manage another listen through when I tried and since then I've not really followed it.

reaper239
Jan 19th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Saw on Facebook that Christoff and the gang are down in Texas right now putting the finishing touches on Season 2... finally.

I think his plan is to release the entire Season 2 at once as a paid product, then release each episode for free in installments. I'm also re-listening to Season 1 just to remember what the hell happened. I kind of like the more 'literary' narrative style of Leviathan; it is more like a book whereas 'We're Alive' is more like a movie. I think Kc would have been better served with more narration during some of those complex fight scenes... Leviathan seems to get it right with the narrative voice-over giving the 'play by play' of the action, which we hear via sound effects underneath.

i have to disagree here, KCs style is perfect for what it is intended to do, create suspense. when you're listening to a fight scene and your eyes are wide as sit leaning closer to the computer or ipod (as if that will allow you to hear through your headphones better) and you're biting your nails trying to distinguish who exactly is doing what, and it all comes together when you hear the characters talking at the end

Solanine
Jan 19th, 2013, 09:51 AM

What you describing is an audio book with voice acting. Reaper is right about the action, it wouldn't be half as nerve racking if you knew what was going on.
The best part of WA is how it engages you in the action. Feeling as though your present gives you more empathy for the characters.

Litmaster
Jan 19th, 2013, 08:17 PM
i have to disagree here, KCs style is perfect for what it is intended to do, create suspense. when you're listening to a fight scene and your eyes are wide as sit leaning closer to the computer or ipod (as if that will allow you to hear through your headphones better) and you're biting your nails trying to distinguish who exactly is doing what, and it all comes together when you hear the characters talking at the end

What you describing is an audio book with voice acting. Reaper is right about the action, it wouldn't be half as nerve racking if you knew what was going on.
The best part of WA is how it engages you in the action. Feeling as though your present gives you more empathy for the characters.

Look, fellas... I'm the last guy you need to be defending 'We're Alive' from. I absolutely think that WA is the premier audio drama being published nowadays, and is unquestionably atop the heap of the other audio dramas out there.

I also agree with you insofar as the narrative effect that Kc achieves by withholding some information...
...such as when we don't initially know who the murderer of Pippin is because we only hear the shot but don't get to 'see' the shooter

But I don't think there is anything wrong with a bit more narration...especially with parts like
the CJ and Scratch swrod/knife fight scene
which were a bit hard to visualize because of the absence of narration.

scbubba
Jan 19th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Look, fellas... I'm the last guy you need to be defending 'We're Alive' from. I absolutely think that WA is the premier audio drama being published nowadays, and is unquestionably atop the heap of the other audio dramas out there.

I also agree with you insofar as the narrative effect that Kc achieves by withholding some information...
...such as when we don't initially know who the murderer of Pippin is because we only hear the shot but don't get to 'see' the shooter

But I don't think there is anything wrong with a bit more narration...especially with parts like

I have to disagree with you on the second spoiler tag events. The confusion surrounding the events led to one of the most talked about cliff hangers of that whole season... Narration wouldn't have evoked the same sort of thing there, IMO.

Sammy D
Jan 19th, 2013, 08:34 PM
I need to start the search for a new audio drama while I wait for season 4! I'll keep you guys posted!

Solanine
Jan 20th, 2013, 06:17 AM

The thing is there is no middle point. Picking the middle road would worsen the show as there would be little consistency

Cadarn Kraz
Jan 20th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Ok, maybe someone here can help. What I'd like to listen to is a zombie apocalypse type podcast or audiobook, but told from a zombies perspective. Been reading Warm Bodies, since the movie is coming out soon, but haven't been able to find any podcast that would be similar. Oh, and it needs to be free.

Try fetidus (http://www.fetidus.org/) It's Not Exactly What Your Looking For, But It Has An Interesting Feel

fantasticsuperman
Jan 22nd, 2013, 03:06 AM
Edict Zero FIS is a brilliant audio drama, totally avoids any narration (nothing wrong with narration but some listeners prefer not to have any) and there must be about 20 hours or more of content now so those looking for something long term should dive in.

http://edictzero.wordpress.com

Solanine
Jan 22nd, 2013, 11:24 AM
Thanks I shall check it out.

Sheriff McClelland
Jan 22nd, 2013, 07:28 PM
Someone already mentioned us earlier in the thread, but I thought I'd jump into the discussion since the invite went out.

I'm the executive producer of Pendant Productions (http://www.pendantaudio.com/), and we've got a whole pile of audio dramas for those looking for new content.

We have a shared comic universe we refer to as "Earth-P", which presently incorporates shows based on Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Catwoman and Green Arrow. Each of those shows releases one new episode a month, and most of them have been running on that schedule for years now (Green Arrow is a new addition, but give it time).

We've also got completed fan productions based on Star Wars, Indiana Jones and James Bond, as well as an ongoing Star Trek-based show that's been running for over five years (with, again, one new episode every month).

We've also got many original shows as well, including:

Dixie Stenberg and Brassy Battalion - a sci-fi action/comedy set during WWII done as an homage/spoof of old time radio
The Kingery - a sci-fi crime drama about a mob family, the resort they own and the people who try to take it from them
Genesis Avalon - an original superhero audio drama where personal demons are tougher to kill than literal demons
Red Sands Investigations - A woman inherits her uncle's detective agency after his death, which didn't at all happen the way she was told
The Line - A war between heaven and hell breaks out on earth, and a troubled girl is caught in the middle
Seminar - an anthology show in the grand "Twilight Zone" tradition, with no restrictions on genre

Of the above, "Dixie" has completed its story over the course of 50 episodes, but the rest are still permanently ongoing with new episodes every month.

We've had at least one show as a Parsec finalist every year for the last four years, and I certainly hope that trend continues in 2011. Stop by and check us out, and hopefully you'll find something you enjoy! :)

Whoa...gotta check some of those out

RabidWolf
Jan 28th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Try fetidus (http://www.fetidus.org/) It's Not Exactly What Your Looking For, But It Has An Interesting Feel

Just started on Feditus, interesting and different. Also listening to Wormwood, and even though it's called a murder mystery, it's kinda odd too.

Cadarn Kraz
Jan 30th, 2013, 12:31 AM
sanctuary: surviving the zombie apocalypse/ (http://podiobooks.com/title/sanctuary-surviving-the-zombie-apocalypse/)

Just Started It, Seems To Be Good (Once You Get Past The Little Intro His Voice Seems To Get Less Annoying..)

Lilydragon
Jan 30th, 2013, 07:46 PM
There are many..I'm an audio junkie..
Besides Wormwood, and Leviathan Chronicles mentioned above..You can try "Fetidus-the foundation for the unethical treatment of the undead"-
"19 Nocturne Blvd"-
"Darker Projects"
or tryhttp://theaudiodramadirectory.com/ ..it has a huge directory with synopsis by genre.
Lots of horror..sci fi etc..

I loved FETIDUS! I listened to it at work, every time I cringed my co-workers looked at me funny, of course they couldn't hear it.

finalrune
Feb 1st, 2013, 08:04 PM
Just going to give another poke for my series, The Cleansed (http://thecleansed.com/) - our first season (4 hours) of material is available full and for free to keep you sated until WA Season 4...

RabidWolf
Feb 5th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Wormwood..... weird. I'm up to chapter 12 and enjoy it, but it sure is odd.

Cadarn Kraz
Feb 10th, 2013, 11:47 PM
http://podiobooks.com/title/broken-escalator/
This Is An Odd Little Horror Audio Book, About People Forming "Tribes", Going Mad, And Killing One Another Because All The Escalators Shut Down At The Same Time Trapping Hundreds On The Second Floor Of A Giant Mall (Yes I Know How Odd That Sounds, Trapped Because The Escalators Shut Down). I'm Half Way Through Not My Favorite But It's Not Bad, I Think He Was Going For A Horror/Humor..

Description:
On October 5th of last year, the escalators at West Edmonton Mall shut down simultaneously due to what was believed to be a series of mechanical failures, stranding thousands on the second floor. By the time a rescue operation could be organized and mounted, nearly everyone on the mall’s upper level had been killed, and to this day few people, if any, understand what really happened during the period when that area of the mall was cut off from the rest of the world.

My name is Christopher Munroe, and this is the story of what happened to me. This isn't the whole story of what happened at West Edmonton Mall that horrible day, but it is my story. This is the story of the people I met, the things I had to endure, and the lengths I went to, to survive... a broken escalator.

I'd Also Like To Give Another Shout Out For sanctuary: surviving the zombie apocalypse/ It's A Great Audio
Book, First Volume Of The Series, I'm Hoping They Make The Next One Soon, Two Thumbs Up.

Osiris
Feb 11th, 2013, 12:17 AM
http://podiobooks.com/title/broken-escalator/
This Is An Odd Little Horror Audio Book, About People Forming "Tribes", Going Mad, And Killing One Another Because All The Escalators Shut Down At The Same Time Trapping Hundreds On The Second Floor Of A Giant Mall (Yes I Know How Odd That Sounds, Trapped Because The Escalators Shut Down). I'm Half Way Through Not My Favorite But It's Not Bad, I Think He Was Going For A Horror/Humor..

Description:
On October 5th of last year, the escalators at West Edmonton Mall shut down simultaneously due to what was believed to be a series of mechanical failures, stranding thousands on the second floor. By the time a rescue operation could be organized and mounted, nearly everyone on the mall’s upper level had been killed, and to this day few people, if any, understand what really happened during the period when that area of the mall was cut off from the rest of the world.

My name is Christopher Munroe, and this is the story of what happened to me. This isn't the whole story of what happened at West Edmonton Mall that horrible day, but it is my story. This is the story of the people I met, the things I had to endure, and the lengths I went to, to survive... a broken escalator.

I'd Also Like To Give Another Shout Out For sanctuary: surviving the zombie apocalypse/ It's A Great Audio
Book, First Volume Of The Series, I'm Hoping They Make The Next One Soon, Two Thumbs Up.

Having lived in Edmonton for years, and spending a good deal of time at West-Ed mall, I can attest to this. I would totally start killing people if the escalators all shut down. I'll totally check this one out. Thanks!

Cadarn Kraz
Feb 11th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Having lived in Edmonton for years, and spending a good deal of time at West-Ed mall

Let Me Know If They Describe The Mall Layout Right =p

Robzombie
Feb 11th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Having lived in Edmonton for years, and spending a good deal of time at West-Ed mall, I can attest to this. I would totally start killing people if the escalators all shut down. I'll totally check this one out. Thanks!

What the fuck is this...sorry, can't be bothered to read what the fuck this is about through the thread...West Ed is just down whitemud for me...what the hell is this about....I know the ghosts from the rollercoaster accident still roam the halls....OH, and more importantly, Osiris lived in Edmonton?!?!? Jeezus, I'm guessing you lived near whyte.

Robzombie
Feb 11th, 2013, 07:49 PM
I loved FETIDUS! I listened to it at work, every time I cringed my co-workers looked at me funny, of course they couldn't hear it.

Fetidus, is that the one with the bodyguard guy on the boat? If it is, I tried twice to listen to that, and I get to the part where he's offered the job, then I completely lose interest. Does it really get better?

Osiris
Feb 11th, 2013, 07:56 PM
What the fuck is this...sorry, can't be bothered to read what the fuck this is about through the thread...West Ed is just down whitemud for me...what the hell is this about....I know the ghosts from the rollercoaster accident still roam the halls....OH, and more importantly, Osiris lived in Edmonton?!?!? Jeezus, I'm guessing you lived near whyte.

Brother, when I was 8 years old I tried to cross the mud by myself. I'd run away from my babysitter and was trying to get to my mother's store at the mall. Ormsby represent, bitches. Four on the floor (that joke will never be funny.)

Robzombie
Feb 11th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Brother, when I was 8 years old I tried to cross the mud by myself. I'd run away from my babysitter and was trying to get to my mother's store at the mall. Ormsby represent, bitches. Four on the floor (that joke will never be funny.)

lol, good stuff
I was a Beverly boy, I guess its still kinda nasty but homey all the same....

clem131
Feb 12th, 2013, 01:31 AM
sanctuary: surviving the zombie apocalypse/ (http://podiobooks.com/title/sanctuary-surviving-the-zombie-apocalypse/)

Just Started It, Seems To Be Good (Once You Get Past The Little Intro His Voice Seems To Get Less Annoying..)

Amen to that. It's actually quite good, but you have to get past the voice of the author.

Cadarn Kraz
Feb 12th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Fetidus, is that the one with the bodyguard guy on the boat? If it is, I tried twice to listen to that, and I get to the part where he's offered the job, then I completely lose interest. Does it really get better?

No, Totally Different Audio. I Know What Your Talking About Through, It's Not That It Was Bad.. It Just Could't Keep My Attention. FETIDUS Is A Little Hard To Explain, But It's One I Strongly Suggest People Listen To, I Really Enjoyed It.

http://www.fetidus.org/

Lilydragon
Feb 17th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Check out Wormwood. http://wormwoodshow.com/ A buddy turned me on to this one. It's not as good as we're alive, but good in it's own right.

Ok, I've listened to some of the first season. I don't know if I can continue... I'm already down because of some personal issues, and it just made me feel worse. I started to get depressed and want to cry... I don't think I can go any further with it. :zombie:

Lilydragon
Feb 17th, 2013, 11:08 PM

FETIDUS is about a private eye who works in a world full of zombies, vampires, and werewolves. I loved it. But there is one part in particular that just made me cringe.

Crescent is a podiobook that was written and read by Phil Rossi that is really good and made me cringe as well.

It think the best thriller podiobook authors are Phil Rossi and Scott Sigler.

Cadarn Kraz
Feb 18th, 2013, 10:05 AM
It Sounds Interesting I'll Give It A Try, My Audio Right Now Is't Hitting Me Right...

Crescent:
http://podiobooks.com/title/crescent/

Cadarn Kraz
Feb 23rd, 2013, 01:18 AM
Fetidus, is that the one with the bodyguard guy on the boat? If it is, I tried twice to listen to that, and I get to the part where he's offered the job, then I completely lose interest.

Mwuahahaha I Remembered =p Your Talking About On The Edge Of Darkness (http://oteod.wordpress.com/)

clem131
Feb 25th, 2013, 04:05 AM
Many here mentioned Edict Zero FIS: http://edictzero.wordpress.com/
I think it deserves more promotion! It's great!

kuryushibo
Mar 12th, 2013, 09:11 AM
I'm listening to Wormwood. Podcast starts out a bit weird but gets much more interesting later on. http://wormwoodshow.com/

Another recommendation is Leviathan Chronicles, which has a large voice cast and does little narration. Season 2 will be releasing later this year. http://leviathanchronicles.com

On a side note: If your interested in audio books, Scott Sigler does a great job producing high quality podcasts. His stories are compelling and trilling involving aliens, and a lot of killing. Started out with Infected but there are others you can look at. http://podiobooks.com/title/infected/

Orinks
Mar 19th, 2013, 04:46 AM
Hey guys,
Not sure if anyone has been following the Leviathan Chronicles Facebook, but the first episode of season two will be dropping on March 31ST. Yay!
Also, I'm not sure what day, but season two of Decorated Air Theater's This thing of Ours will drop sometime in the next two weeks I'm guessing as well. Episode 6 coming March 2013. I'll certainly make an attempt to buy the first thirteen episodes of Leviathan Chronicles. I don't think we get the whole season he's releasing it in halves, since there's 25 episodes total I guess.
Just wanted to let people know, just in case you didn't know.

Orinks
Mar 25th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Just to let you all know if you haven't scene it already, episode six of This Thing of Ours is out and is quite good.

Litmaster
Mar 31st, 2013, 05:29 PM
Season 2 of Leviathan Chronicles just dropped (finally, after what seems like forever). There is enough there to keep you going for awhile since we're in the We're Alive off-season. Christof is selling the first half of Season 2 as a Director's Cut for 20 bucks: http://www.leviathanchronicles.com/index.php

Aftermath
Apr 14th, 2013, 03:48 AM
We've just finished season 1 of Aftermath - a British post-apocalyptic audio drama. http://aftermath.jellycast.com/podcast/feed/2

If you like We're Alive (which you obviously do, given your membership and participation on this forum) then I hope you'll give us a wee listen!

Bakkie-Pleur
Apr 15th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Very nice! Found out about aftermath a few weeks ago but was still busy with season 1 of Leviathan Chronicles, what i just finished. Love it so far, only bad thing i can think of so far is that the episodes are rather short...what means i like it :)

Cadarn Kraz
May 24th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Lately I'v Been Getting Audios Off Of PodioBooks (http://podiobooks.com/)
Here's Some Of The Good Audios Of Listened To:

The Phoenix Conspiracy http://podiobooks.com/title/the-phoenix-conspiracy/
The Crown Conspiracy http://podiobooks.com/title/the-crown-conspiracy/
Brave Men Run http://podiobooks.com/title/brave-men-run/

Penguine
Jun 11th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Didn't look through the entire 22 pages of links, but if you're a Star Trek fan check out Star Trek Outpost (http://www.giantgome.com). Each episode is about an hour, and there are currently 47 episodes I think. It is still being produced also, though the release schedule is kind of long.

Alizée
Jun 11th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Didn't look through the entire 22 pages of links, but if you're a Star Trek fan check out Star Trek Outpost (http://www.giantgome.com). Each episode is about an hour, and there are currently 47 episodes I think. It is still being produced also, though the release schedule is kind of long.

*Saul voice* I...think...I just wet myself.

Cammi
Jun 11th, 2013, 04:31 PM
If you guys are into audio dramas which I assume you are if you are reading this lol :) you should check out big finish productions they are a British company and they have been around for awhile. everything story they tell is in hour episodes. They also have a big budget so that is nice they do things like doctor who, stargate, dark shadows, Sherlock Holmes and much more check it out and reply to this with what you think!!! :)

Alizée
Jun 11th, 2013, 04:40 PM
If you guys are into audio dramas which I assume you are if you are reading this lol :) you should check out big finish productions they are a British company and they have been around for awhile. everything story they tell is in hour episodes. They also have a big budget so that is nice they do things like doctor who, stargate, dark shadows, Sherlock Holmes and much more check it out and reply to this with what you think!!! :)
Are they associated with BBC? Because I'll be so happy if their Sherlock features Cumberbatch.
Another great British audio show is Cabin Pressure! So funny!

Cammi
Jun 11th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Are they associated with BBC? Because I'll be so happy if their Sherlock features Cumberbatch.
Another great British audio show is Cabin Pressure! So funny!

I am not sure if they are they never say but they are great none the less :) how do you find cabin pressure?

Cammi
Jun 11th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Very nice! Found out about aftermath a few weeks ago but was still busy with season 1 of Leviathan Chronicles, what i just finished. Love it so far, only bad thing i can think of so far is that the episodes are rather short...what means i like it :)

How do you find the leviathan chronicles? Please and thank you :)!

Alizée
Jun 11th, 2013, 04:47 PM
I am not sure if they are they never say but they are great none the less :) how do you find cabin pressure?
It's all on You Tube! Just search "Cabin Pressure" and you'll find it. Also, if you're familiar with BBC Sherlock, you'll hear a familiar voice in there ;D

Cammi
Jun 11th, 2013, 04:55 PM
The Leviathan Chronicles is pretty good. Wormwood is alright. And Children of The Gods is decent.

Is children of the gods from stargate?

Kc
Jul 15th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Just another update. Here's a feature on current audio dramas:
https://soundcloud.com/yapaudio/all-ears

Elisa
Jul 16th, 2013, 12:44 PM
I highly recommend tincture aka tincture story - sci fi meets western meets apocalyptic meets fantasy.

Cadarn Kraz
Aug 10th, 2013, 12:25 AM
For Those Of You Who Enjoyed How To Succeed In Evil (http://podiobooks.com/title/how-to-succeed-in-evil-the-novel/) I Found A Short Prequel (http://podiobooks.com/title/how-to-succeed-in-evil-consultation-with-vampire/)

Heres Another Good One: http://podiobooks.com/title/other-peoples-heroes/ Sounds A little Whimsical But It Is Actually Pretty Good.

Josh Corwood has spent his life admiring the superheroes that protect Siegel City. He's wanted to join them, wanted to be like them... but eventually, had to settle for reporting on them from the sidelines. When an undiscovered talent reignites his hope to join the world's protectors, he suddenly discovers that their world isn't everything he'd been led to believe. Surrounded by false idols, Josh decides to turn the tables on them and reveal the greatest con game in history... and hopefully, in the process, find the real heroes that have long been gone.

mcgalio
Nov 13th, 2013, 02:39 PM
If anyone is into foul comedy, you might want to check out www.thepubradioseries.com. It's a radio sitcom based on offensive drunken conversations. It's fairly heavily produced too.

tonyhind86
Dec 6th, 2013, 07:19 AM
I'm currently downloading an audio drama called Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman.

http://www.neilgaiman.com/works/Books/Neverwhere/

It's probably more of an audio book than a drama, but it still sounds quite promising. I've pulled the description from Amazon:

A BBC Radio six-part adaptation of Neil Gaiman's bestselling novel, starring James McAvoy as Richard and Natalie Dormer as Door Beneath the streets of London there is another London. A subterranean labyrinth of sewers and abandoned tube stations. A somewhere that is Neverwhere...An act of kindness sees Richard Mayhew catapulted from his ordinary life into the strange world of London Below. There he meets the Earl of Earl's Court, faces a life-threatening ordeal at the hands of the Black Friars, comes face to face with the Great Beast of London, and encounters an Angel called Islington. Adapted for radio by the award-winning Dirk Maggs, this captivating dramatisation features a stellar cast including David Harewood, Sophie Okonedo, Benedict Cumberbatch, Christopher Lee, Anthony Head and David Schofield.

I've also just finished downloading Leviathan Chronicles too

ZombieWildfire
Dec 12th, 2013, 07:46 AM
I listen to a load of podcasts, but the only drama ones are We're Alive and The Archers.

A bizarre combination, I know. For those not familiar with The Archers, its a radio soap about rural life in a fictional English village. At the moment, the current dramas are that there is a typo in a cookbook and someone has dropped out of the village pantomime.

One thing I have learned: I never listen to The Archers straight after We're Alive, or I spent the whole episode half expecting a Little One to leap out and attack one of Linda's llamas.

Aftermath
Mar 14th, 2014, 10:15 AM
I know a couple of you were touting Aftermath (and thanks for that, we really appreciate it) so I thought I'd let you know that season 2 is pretty close to kicking off, we're currently putting the first episode of the season together and looking forward to getting it out after a long hiatus. Our new episodes are going to be bigger, and technically much better than the previous season.

In the meantime we recently put together this one off audio drama which might interest some of you https://soundcloud.com/yapaudio/what-on-earth

Litmaster
Mar 14th, 2014, 12:54 PM
I know a couple of you were touting Aftermath (and thanks for that, we really appreciate it) so I thought I'd let you know that season 2 is pretty close to kicking off, we're currently putting the first episode of the season together and looking forward to getting it out after a long hiatus. Our new episodes are going to be bigger, and technically much better than the previous season.

In the meantime we recently put together this one off audio drama which might interest some of you https://soundcloud.com/yapaudio/what-on-earth

Cool, thanks guys-- I'll check it out! :nik:

tonyhind86
Mar 14th, 2014, 01:13 PM

Sounds good - I'll give that a go

Kc
Mar 14th, 2014, 02:31 PM

I like how other Audio dramas come on here to pitch their stuff. I'll refresh and send out some more invites to do that for other producers.

tonyhind86
Mar 14th, 2014, 02:37 PM
I've pitched WA on a NASA space probe that's going to be sent to an asteroid. So, if there's an alien world out there that's about to be wiped out (as long as they've got good bandwidth), at least they'll have something to enjoy before they meet their maker :nik:

Aftermath
Mar 20th, 2014, 08:46 AM
http://www.finalrune.com/audio-drama-needs-21st-century-business-model/ a new article posted today by Fred Greenhalgh at Finalrune. I think he's bang on with everything he says.

clem131
Apr 10th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Here's a new one I found: http://www.ourfaircity.com/
Sci-fi post-apocalyptic story with some film noir and film horror influences here and there, and above all very funny. It contains one or more of the following:
- a reanimator and its fighting pants
- mole-people
- ant-people
- time travellers
- glycol propylene
- zombies
- a 1984-esque insurance company which literally owns the citizens and the city and calls its inhabitants "policies".
- super gross meat walls
- a reanimated head
- an idiot who is the caretaker of said head: "I brought you a boot. Would you like to chew on it to pass the time?"
- a colossal, brave and loyal man whose job is to showel away the sh*t of the inhabitants
- and/or pepperoni

As many other audio dramas out there, this one starts with low quality stock sound effects and low quality mics but very quickly becomes almost as good as WA in terms of production quality, so stick around the first few episodes. The writing is extremely funny, the city grotesque, its inhabitants crazy.
They are now in the middle of the fifth season.

Aftermath
Jun 7th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Jack Kincaid's outstanding audio drama Edict Zero FIS is making a return after a long hiatus https://www.facebook.com/pages/Edict-Zero-FIS/444670318883981

A brilliant show with hours and hours of content, great news for audio drama fans looking for another immersive series to follow.

timenow
Jan 24th, 2015, 06:08 PM
I found one that just started up, only one episode so far and appears to be out monthly. A bit different if you like the scifi ... space pirates and all. www.moonsofaltimore.com seems promising.