PDA

View Full Version : Sound Off: Hope regains her sight means....

nikvoodoo
May 8th, 2012, 04:21 AM
What does it mean for the story if Hope regains her sight? Does she come back and ID someone that we used to trust? Is it something that comes in to play? Or is it simply a nice thing to do for a character who was blind?

Sound off!

Osiris
May 8th, 2012, 04:23 AM
It's possible that she could return and finger Angel, if he was alive, throwing the rest of our world into chaos. However, this is unlikely to happens since the plane is going to crash at the end of the chapter.

Bullethead
May 11th, 2012, 06:19 AM
I found this information of Hope possibly regaining her sight sort of cheap out (couldn't think of a better word). Simply because in todays society its a difficult, expensive, and dangerous process to operate on ones eyes.

I cannot even imagine such a procedure to be possible in a Zombie infested, war torn, minimalist world that our heroes are living in now.

nikvoodoo
May 11th, 2012, 06:52 AM
I found this information of Hope possibly regaining her sight sort of cheap out (couldn't think of a better word). Simply because in todays society its a difficult, expensive, and dangerous process to operate on ones eyes.

I cannot even imagine such a procedure to be possible in a Zombie infested, war torn, minimalist world that our heroes are living in now.

Well the expense doesn't matter since there's no monetary system anymore. Difficult and dangerous still applies. I know I'm no eye doctor, but I do know there are literally hundreds of ways one can become blind. Some of them can be reversed, others can't. If Hope went blind due to impact, there's the possibility she can be healed.

But if Boulder is a fully functioning haven for humanity, I can see this happening.....

....that wasn't intentional.

MenashaCorpse
May 11th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Could also be a form of hysterical blindness, which can often be transient.

ClearSights
May 11th, 2012, 08:08 AM
It's possible that she could return and finger Angel, if he was alive, throwing the rest of our world into chaos.

HAHAHA I'm sorry I just read that the WRONGGGG way

Osiris
May 11th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Oh come on, man! They would all finger Angel if they knew!

Eviebae
May 13th, 2012, 04:28 PM
What does it mean for the story if Hope regains her sight? Does she come back and ID someone that we used to trust? Is it something that comes in to play? Or is it simply a nice thing to do for a character who was blind?

Sound off!

I sort of assumed from the beginning that if she could get to a real hospital she might regain her sight. I figured that she'd gotten her corneas damaged in the melee.

I could see her enlisting...I do wonder how much her name will come into play.

VEE
May 13th, 2012, 04:35 PM
I have high hopes for hope :)

Robzombie
May 24th, 2012, 11:37 AM
My guess is that her regaining her sight and having any implication at all to the story is pretty slim. It's a story mechanism as its an impetus for Datu having to leave Ft. Irwin, otherwise what excuse does he have for leaving. It's a nice way to wrap up her character with the hope that she can regain her sight and Datu leaving with her reinforces the relationship between them that may be lasting, ie, they bond as family. Datu, with little hope of finding his own kids, and Hope lossing her mother, and Samantha being the shared connection for the two of them, I think makes this most likely.

Tales from Valhalla
Aug 10th, 2012, 07:46 AM
I just think it would be awesome if we had one of those moments we discover that Hope knew too much and once the bandages come off she starts saying "OMG IT'S YOU!!!" and plot twists ensues.

But I really liked to think Hope would just turn out to be some kind of Daredevil-ish character who actually knows how to fire arms and waves a katana around better than CJ (sans sight). She just liked to mess around with people, making them think she was hopeless (no pun intended). That piss bowl she threw on Marcus? Totally planned.

Cabbage Patch
Aug 10th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Hope is going to play a critical role at the end of the story. We're going to jump 10 years into the future, and Hope will be shipping out with the Army to take Southern California back from the zombies, and from the alliance of North Koreans, Ancient Inca holdouts and trade unionists who were responsible for starting the Zombie Apocalypse. By that point Hope and Michael will be the only survivors from the original story. Her departure will cause Michael to start reminiscing about the story, which we experience as "We're Alive".

LiamKerrington
Aug 10th, 2012, 11:22 AM
On a very long stretch this reminds me of the story-arc around the doc's sister in "Firefly" ... At first kind of handicapped, in the end the ultra-bitch no one should mess with ...

Cabbage Patch
Aug 10th, 2012, 12:08 PM
On a very long stretch this reminds me of the story-arc around the doc's sister in "Firefly" ... At first kind of handicapped, in the end the ultra-bitch no one should mess with ...

The new, improved Hope. All the fighting prowess of River Tam, the leadership of Michael, the planning skills of CJ, the devotion of Saul, the faithfulness of Victor, and the repairman abilities of Datu...the ultimate warrior!

7oddisdead
Aug 10th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Wow.

Tales from Valhalla
Aug 10th, 2012, 04:46 PM
The new, improved Hope. All the fighting prowess of River Tam, the leadership of Michael, the planning skills of CJ, the devotion of Saul, the faithfulness of Victor, and the repairman abilities of Datu...the ultimate warrior!

YES! "A BAMF New Hope" will be the episode tittle and we'll all see Hope pulling a River on zombies' asses.