PDA

View Full Version : We're Not Dead #36

nikvoodoo
May 7th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Hidey ho neighborinos!

New chapter part means new thread dedicated to the next We're Not Dead. Post your thoughts/questions/comments/concerns/major psychotic hatreds here. :)

If you're lucky....some lady who debuted last week as a featured cast member might read your question on the air.....;)

Pikepaw
May 7th, 2012, 12:42 PM
First off, episode 35 had a douchy intro. Could have been worse, like if they had tried and failed at some horrifying French accent. Good thing it was less than 10 seconds.

As for 29-2, the Michael/Pegs scene tore at my heart. I didn't know it could be such good drama...and like our prediction making friend, I love exposition so the beginning was all goodness for me.

If Hope regains her sight, how will we still make fun of her? And why do I have this nagging feeling we will hear a certain Nurse again?

Osiris
May 7th, 2012, 03:29 PM
I'm curious as to when we're going to get Scratch's back story thrown at us--hopefully, in the form of a full 30 minute episode, hint hint. Aside from that, where do Nik and Britt see the Scratch/Durai Destruction Machine 5000 heading? Fort Irwin? The Colony? A showdown with CJ? As much as I miss Burt and Angel... I miss Scratch more.

ZomNom
May 8th, 2012, 06:58 AM
So, is there going to be another We're Not Dead podcast sometime?

nikvoodoo
May 8th, 2012, 07:02 AM
So, is there going to be another We're Not Dead podcast sometime?

yup. The lovely Ms. Britt shall rejoin the podcast on Thursday....sickly man voice and all! I'd say look for it on Friday hopefully.

I trust you got #35, TJ? I know you were dying for it last week/2 weeks ago on the book of faces.

nikvoodoo
May 10th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Get your comments and theories in now! We're Not Dead will be recorded in less than 12 hours!

VEE
May 10th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Question: Is it in any way wrong to have a crush on a character, one I have heard and never seen? I only ask as I am just a little bit in love with Riley <3

Is this weird? I suspect it might be.

Raven
May 10th, 2012, 09:11 AM
We need more cameo nurse so we can hear how many more names Nik can make for her AND so we can make fun of it takes 24 hours for a nurse to notice a big ol' bite mark on a passed out patient :)

And we need everyone to make fun on Micheal's itty bitty man feelings after Pegs peaced out on him and his attempted guilt trip.

Cabbage Patch
May 10th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Was the nurse that Britt played in 29-1 in the military or a civilian? If she was in the military then she would have been an officer (all military nurses are officers), so she would have outranked Michael.

nikvoodoo
May 10th, 2012, 09:15 AM
We need more cameo nurse so we can hear how many more names Nik can make for her AND so we can make fun of it takes 24 hours for a nurse to notice a big ol' bite mark on a passed out patient :)

And we need everyone to make fun on Micheal's itty bitty man feelings after Pegs peaced out on him and his attempted guilt trip.

Dude...I'm spent. I had a hard enough time trying to think of names to call Nurse Britt the first time. I do believe I recycled Skanky at least 4 times, so we know I was already scrapping the bottom of ye olde barrelle.

Now as for missing the bite mark......I'll think of something....

Adventureless_Hero
May 10th, 2012, 09:49 AM
We're probably going to get a back story from Victor in the next Chapter. As for the next episode, I think it will continue with the folks at Ft. Irwin. Things are too safe at Ft. Irwin right now. Either will get more information sharing between Michael and Kimmet, or Kimmet will hand Michael his orders to return to L.A. to gather Intel.

Now that I have told you all that is to pass, you can use episode 36 of WND to discuss how sexy Adventureless_Hero is. You're welcome.

Bullethead
May 10th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Im sure the next episode will wrap up a few things at Ft Irwin but I would like to get back to Saul and Vicki. You cant just end with a "WHAT ARE YOU?!" and then move on! My guess is CJ, Saul and Victor's story will keep us tied to the Mallers while Micheal and Riley will be another story on its own for a while.

Perhaps the training process' will begin with Puck and Riley which will most likely result in our first sign of danger within Ft. Irwin. With any luck Micheal will convince Kimmet to go searching for Angel on the premise of 'needing more soldiers' as Carl stated and we can tie into Angel and Burt sooner rather than later.

Anyone care to take a guess how long until Micheal starts pushing his luck?

GeneTwo
May 10th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Now that Riley has joined the military, do you suppose she will tell? Or is that policy not active anymore?

:rolleyes: I know bad joke, but its been like a week and no one has made one yet!

Drogon Malice
May 10th, 2012, 02:58 PM
heres one of my little random questions, do you two think the pod cast written about WND should be called "We're Not Dead.....Yet"?

VEE
May 10th, 2012, 03:20 PM
heres one of my little random questions, do you two think the pod cast written about WND should be called "We're Not Dead.....Yet"?

I'm thinking of doing 'we're undead'

Drogon Malice
May 10th, 2012, 03:37 PM
I'm thinking of doing 'we're undead'

omg your from england!!!! me too!

VEE
May 10th, 2012, 03:52 PM
omg your from england!!!! me too!

I am, but really, I'm Welsh.

nikvoodoo
May 11th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Oh neglectful me! WND #36 is in the books. Being edited nowish and should hopefully be released later today.

And this episode marks the triumphant (albeit froggy/coughy) return of Ms. Britt! And let the peoples rejoice!

Adventureless_Hero
May 11th, 2012, 10:46 AM
...still no Greg Miller, huh?

Well, I guess we can have the potatoes without the meat.

*tongue in cheek*

MenashaCorpse
May 11th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Well, I guess we can have the potatoes without the meat.

*tongue in cheek*

But...How can you have your pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Adventureless_Hero
May 11th, 2012, 12:33 PM
But...How can you have your pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Only seven posts and you're already earning yourself Rep. Kudos with the Pink Floyd!

nikvoodoo
May 11th, 2012, 12:57 PM
WND #36 is hot off the presses! Enjoy!

Pikepaw
May 11th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Now that I am hearing it, I believe Britt sounds more like a teenage boy than old man, so I am going for that. Brought back fond memories of when my voice cracked...rough times

"Flirt ya to death"? Nice...all beware of Kelly!

nikvoodoo
May 11th, 2012, 02:03 PM
"Flirt ya to death"? Nice...all beware of Kelly!

Best. Way. To. Die........Ever.

Adventureless_Hero
May 11th, 2012, 03:02 PM
I've had a crush on Kelly for a while now. Ever since the aftermath of the War. I actually thought she was the mole for the longest time, but I liked her for it. I'm weird. Anyway, great episode ya'll. I'm glad Britt fought through that illness cuz I missed her. Nik, kudos on the recap. I had a good, choking laugh with the dirty hippie comment.

The Flying Spaghetti Monster and his Noodley Appendage! <---someone make this a shirt with a picture

Girls do that cold, emotionless thing, and I agree, it is never fun being on the receiving end of it. :(

Michael, a virgin? LOL! That was awesome Britt!

I think that after the show is done, KC should hook us up with a little spin-off that takes place early in the outbreak in which Pete the Waterboy and Nurse Britt are together and then we see how they end up mile apart. ? That would be cool beans.

I did have to pull my headphones out when you started talking about The Walking Dead because only like on issue 10 or 11. But I can tell you avoided touching on any spoilers, so thanks!

Nurse Britt did say, "Physically? Okay from what I can tell...so far." So she only had a moment to give her the once over. By now Tanya's bite on her forearm might not have a bandage anymore. Maybe Tanya was covering up the bite mark with make-up? Perhaps they didn't want to give Tanya's body the once-over while she was unconscious on meds. So they waited 24 hours, waited till she woke up, and then calmly talked to her, while she was strapped down, at which point Tanya said, "Okay, motherfuckers, I have a bite, on my forearm...BUT...."

I dunno. I'm trying to give Nurse Britt more credit. She is a nurse after all, and Yarri is good people! (Is Nurse Britt the official character name?!)

Best line in the show, "Darn Skippy!" -Beezball

HardKor
May 11th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Yeah, I gotta cut Nurse Britt a little slack too. They had Tanya sedated and presumably strapped down, since she was having a psychotic episode, so they might have just let her rest and rushed to get through the other exams before checking Tanya.
And oh the potential of Michael and Pete squaring off for the affections of Nurse Britt. I can see it now Michael with a shovel, Pete with a crate of water bottles ready to pelt Michael with them if he comes any closer, and somewhere in all this mess...an octopus.

Osiris
May 11th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Good episode you two. Even though it was painfully short. I would have liked to have heard a little more, but I understand that Britt is still under the weather. Oh well. I expect an hour and fifteen out of you two next week. You've got an entire chapter to discuss! Plus I have a question that is completely unrelated to We're Alive that I hope will be answered.

Cabbage Patch
May 11th, 2012, 09:13 PM
I have a scenario that could make the Britt, Pete, Michael love triangle plausible. We know that at least some of the people evacuated from Southern California passed through Fort Irwin before being evacuated to Boulder. We also know that The Colony was originally one of those evac sites.

So here's the scenario. Nurse Britt and her boyfriend Pete are at Costco in Orange County, buying bottled water for a party, when they get word that something horrible is happening in LA. Ignoring Britt's demands that they stay at Costco, Pete drives her and his bottled water to the party site at Centennial Park. They get there only to find the place has been turned into an LZ for the Coast Guard evacuation helicopters. They get ready to board a chopper, but Pete drops out for a later flight when they won't let him take his water with him. Britt ends up at Fort Irwin, waiting for a follow up flight that never arrives. She refuses evacuation to Boulder so she can stay at Fort Irwin and wait for Pete.

Enter Michael, who starts hanging out at the the hospital so he can keep tabs on Tanya. He and Nurse Britt get to know one-another and one thing leads to another. Just when it looks like the two of them are going to break their dry-streak together Michael mentions "Pete the trader" at the Colony. Complications ensue.

Drogon Malice
May 12th, 2012, 04:00 AM

hey Nik...... you forgot my question! also Britt is still sick i hear. so i here by take it apon myself to dedicate this song to you in hopes it might make you feel better, just because i can. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr1bTDl-D54

look forward to the next show