PDA

View Full Version : What the public wants...? (or ideas for Britt cause we don't want her to burn out)

yarri
May 7th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Osiris and I thought that we could help out our favorite pod cast about a pod cast and give some ideas and ask for others to give ideas of things we might want to hear Ms, Britt talk about with Nik on the show.

1. Britt and Nik's thoughts on how the story is progressing
2. What they thought of the weeks chapter installment?
3. Favorite threads
4. guests (pod cast actors or not)
5. (see where this is going)

yarri
May 7th, 2012, 12:25 AM
6. Or Nik can kill two birds with one stone and put the voodoo lounge on it too? HINT damn it HINT!!!

Osiris
May 7th, 2012, 12:36 AM
Kill the recap. We know what happened already. If we don't, we need to listen to the episode, not WND. PLEASE!

What I would actually love to hear in place of a recap:

Those really 'HOLY SHIT' moments from the current episode of We're Alive always create different reactions in different people. I'd love to hear Britt's reactions live. When you sit down to listen to the latest episode, turn your mic on and start recording... if you happen to have one of those moments where you have a real visceral reaction have it edited into WND and talk about that moment! But it would be awesome to hear you guys actually reacting to the podcast as opposed to just recapping and then reading some posts from the board. Not that I want you guys to stop doing that! Just kill the recap.

Wasn't Nik involved in theatre? Shouldn't you be able to comment on the acting, delivery, emotion, etc? Play to your strengths! You're insightful enough to come up with material for the voodoo lounge blog that isn't just recapping what we all just heard. The audio equivalent one character in a movie throwing a baseball at a target, then another character says 'You just threw a baseball at that target, huh?' Hell, you've got a new kid! Talk about life as a new dad! You're my host and I want to know more about my host.

Brit, you're far funnier than I think you give yourself credit for. I've been following BlondeNerd.com since I discovered it (thanks to We're Alive) and you are one of the funniest writers--who isn't doing it for a living--that I've come across on the internet in a long, long time. I check it daily and laugh my ass off 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time I'm just not enough of a gamer to understand the jokes. Either way, you've got a listenable voice and when you're not reading off the page you're smooth and relaxed. I want to hear YOUR theories.

It's awesome that you guys pull posts off the boards and read them. I really do look forward to that portion of the show. Keep that up! Maybe start a new portion of the show where you do a profile on one of the cast members! You may not get a chance to interview them but feature a new cast member each episode. Switch it up too, one week is a cast member, the next is a production member?

Just ideas. You guys are doing a great job either way and I look forward to each new episode. Just not the recap.

yarri
May 7th, 2012, 12:39 AM
I agree she's quite funny. Vidjagames! has become a battle cry in my house. Thanks Britt... my four year old screams it when he wants to play his games LOL

Britt
May 7th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Hey guys!

Thanks for the suggestions!

I promise I'm not burning out...these past few weeks have just plain ol' SUCKED because of illnesses and whatnot. Strep throat, losing my voice...ah, it's a beautiful thing isn't it!

I mean, I could record, but you guys have to promise me that you'll love my old-man sick voice. :)

<33333

yarri
May 7th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Hey guys!

I promise I'm not burning out...these past few weeks have just plain ol' SUCKED because of illnesses and whatnot. Strep throat, losing my voice...ah, it's a beautiful thing isn't it!

I mean, I could record, but you guys have to promise me that you'll love my old-man sick voice. :)

<33333

Good! and we'd love your old man sick voice cause it was yours.

Pikepaw
May 7th, 2012, 11:36 AM
I would have to be careful not to love the old man sick voice too much

Osiris
May 7th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Hey guys!

<33333

Old-man sick voice reading a grocery list?! YES! I'm in!

P.S. This wasn't just a 'bitching' thread.

Drogon Malice
May 8th, 2012, 02:08 PM
i just wanted to sugest my 2cents, basicly i was thinking you guys should have a sticky post up on the WND forums so people can randomly ask questions, for example... i have a question which is basicly "Britt, do you read the Quad City WA RPG on the forums?"

the idea of having a sticky is so people can randomly ask things like that so that way you can have a Q&A section in WND this way instead of emails and tweeks you also get posts off the forums, i've not listened to many WND so i don't really know how it works but either way food for thought.

Hope i Helped :)

nikvoodoo
May 8th, 2012, 02:44 PM
We've recently instituted (or reinstituted I suppose) posting thread titled &quot;We're Not Dead #X&quot; before we record every podcast. While it's not the sticky thread you're suggesting it does allow...

Drogon Malice
May 9th, 2012, 02:17 AM
i've been playing catch up i've only listened to 3 episodes total, trying to catch up IRL has a problem of getting in the way though :/

nikvoodoo
May 9th, 2012, 04:04 AM
Ah....yes. I would suppose a thread like that would be helpful for nonspecific episode questions in situations like yours.

I'll fire that up at some point today.

Drogon Malice
May 9th, 2012, 09:01 AM
yeah i just thought it would be nice to throw a nice little random question in at people from time to time

Bullethead
May 9th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Personally, I enjoy the recaps. Often times you all seem to notice or pick up on something that I did not. Subtle things such as rain in the back ground and what not. I vote to keep them.

There is not much that you guys don't already do to make WND a good show. Perhaps if there is a unique sound effect or over the top scene maybe there could be a segment where you can bring in someone from the sound studio and talk with them about how particular sections in the chapter where created. Where they difficult/easy to come up with/stitch together?

Perhaps talk about your weeks. Was there anyone you came across that you wish you could have given directions to 'The Colony' to? Did you discuss the episode with people at your work at the watercooler? What were they're thoughts?

The only other thing I can think of to add to WND is in the off week between chapters just add a Chapter recap episode and a sort of where we've come from - what lies ahead State of the Undead Union Adress.

yarri
May 9th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Personally, I enjoy the recaps. Often times you all seem to notice or pick up on something that I did not. Subtle things such as rain in the back ground and what not. I vote to keep them.

There is not much that you guys don't already do to make WND a good show. Perhaps if there is a unique sound effect or over the top scene maybe there could be a segment where you can bring in someone from the sound studio and talk with them about how particular sections in the chapter where created. Where they difficult/easy to come up with/stitch together?

Perhaps talk about your weeks. Was there anyone you came across that you wish you could have given directions to 'The Colony' to? Did you discuss the episode with people at your work at the watercooler? What were they're thoughts?

The only other thing I can think of to add to WND is in the off week between chapters just add a Chapter recap episode and a sort of where we've come from - what lies ahead State of the Undead Union Adress.

How about perceptions and opinions of what they(brit and nik)thought of the episode. I want to know what Brit and Nik think of what they heard. What they think might be coming up next. How the episode made them feel.