PDA

View Full Version : Possible "Ink" Theories

Siaxe94
Apr 17th, 2012, 08:50 PM
I was always wondering who and why this certain zombie is there and is in charge, or seems to be. From what i can recall, I do remember a certain scene in the tower when some of the main characters...

Osiris
Apr 17th, 2012, 08:59 PM
First. Hi! Welcome! Don't forget to visit the introduction thread!
Second. ibmerge
Third. Good theory, I tend to lean the same way.

Litmaster
Apr 17th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Hey Siaxne94!

Yeah, that theory has already been discussed... along with many others. But feel free to join in the discussion, starting with the newest episode...

Osiris
Apr 17th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Or anywhere you feel like jumping in.

Paul Arias
May 3rd, 2012, 10:44 PM
I totally believe (& think that it is pretty much confirmed) that the tattooed zombie is indeed "Ink". I think the coincidence of the infection breakout and him being transferred to a mental facility in LA shows that the infection may be connected to him. Either he is connected with the infection, or his psychopathic killing spree that he was sentenced for has something to do with why he is a smart zombie.
Him to being able to lead and control the zombies leads me to believe that he has a connection to the outbreak. Perhaps his sentencing is specifically tied with it. Just a thought :)

Osiris
May 4th, 2012, 12:54 AM
I totally believe (& think that it is pretty much confirmed) that the tattooed zombie is indeed "Ink". I think the coincidence of the infection breakout and him being transferred to a mental facility in LA shows that the infection may be connected to him. Either he is connected with the infection, or his psychopathic killing spree that he was sentenced for has something to do with why he is a smart zombie.
Him to being able to lead and control the zombies leads me to believe that he has a connection to the outbreak. Perhaps his sentencing is specifically tied with it. Just a thought :)

It does little to explain The Haze though, which seems to be closely tied with the emergence of the creatures. Would your theory include a link between both The Haze, the fissures at Ground Zero, and Ink? I would be interested in hearing that. To the best of my knowledge, no one has tried to connect those three. I could be wrong though. It has happened on occasion.

GeneTwo
May 4th, 2012, 04:37 AM
Well there is also a theory that Ink/Paul/Bill Roberts is not a zombie. That is why he is able to speak. I thought that idea was far fetched because he did take a bullet to the chest. But then someone from the forums suggested Ink may have been wearing a bullet proof vest. Although I still think Ink is a zombie that idea did give me pause.

The zombie virus, if we can call it that, gives regular zombies spidey senses, the ability to smell unturned humans. It also makes them stronger than normal people. Burt already mentioned that the smarter you are in life the smarter you are in "death". I always though that the zombie virus makes natural abilities stronger. Some people are strong, others are faster, some can jump, while others are good swimmers.

Osiris
May 4th, 2012, 05:05 AM
If we consider that Saul has a different reaction to The Haze that others seem to, it stands to reason that Ink may have a completely different reaction to it as well. It may have hieghtened some of his natural physical traits without 'zombificating' him. That's something that I had not considered. Good thinking, Gene.

zombiesurvivor
May 19th, 2012, 12:36 PM
My theorie is that ink is the man in the pinstriped suite the suite must be his prison outfit

Godsendunlimited
May 28th, 2012, 01:33 PM
I'm think that is why everybody is calling him ink, because that is what it calls him in the recording. Nice job figuring that out on your own wits that was one thing I was not able to do, I had to...

Burnsville Kit
May 28th, 2012, 05:08 PM
I noticed that possible connection early on. I wonder if his van was driving through Ground Zero when it happened. Perhaps his twisted mind enabled him to come through the mist with a clear ability...

littleone8
Jun 26th, 2012, 08:13 PM
I was thinking a lot about Ink today at work and thought of a few things.

Work with me on this one, kind of brain storming.
Is he the leader or the Zombies or just a general to something bigger. When they were running through the hospital and saw Ink, he was alone. To me he felt like an evil Mayuri Kurotsuchi (From Bleach). Smart enough and strong enough to lead and does lead a small group (little ones?) still serving the horde and whomever caused the zombie outbreak. Ink being alone in the hospital made me think of a mad scientist type, working away on his next project and really doesn't have time to be bothered with leading a horde of zombies or really even care, unless it helps him with his next project. ie CJ...

This makes me also believe there are also other Alpha type zombies. If this is true, I hope we get to see them soon. We were told, the smarter you were in life, the smarter you are as a zombie.

7oddisdead
Jun 26th, 2012, 08:39 PM
I was thinking a lot about Ink today at work and thought of a few things.

Work with me on this one, kind of brain storming.
Is he the leader or the Zombies or just a general to something bigger. When they were running through the hospital and saw Ink, he was alone. To me he felt like an evil Mayuri Kurotsuchi (From Bleach). Smart enough and strong enough to lead and does lead a small group (little ones?) still serving the horde and whomever caused the zombie outbreak. Ink being alone in the hospital made me think of a mad scientist type, working away on his next project and really doesn't have time to be bothered with leading a horde of zombies or really even care, unless it helps him with his next project. ie CJ...

This makes me also believe there are also other Alpha type zombies. If this is true, I hope we get to see them soon. We were told, the smarter you were in life, the smarter you are as a zombie.

I had a post quite a while ago about this very thing..heh, based around the idea of a crock-pot of all things..

But the simple fact is, i fear we are too far into the story to have more "alpha" types start showing up...we have our leaders...our faces to identify..if you will and that's about all were gonna get...sometimes ya gotta reel it in a lil..know what i mean?

littleone8
Jun 26th, 2012, 08:42 PM
I had a post quite a while ago about this very thing..heh, based around the idea of a crock-pot of all things..

But the simple fact is, i fear we are too far into the story to have more "alpha" types start showing up...we have our leaders...our faces to identify..if you will and that's about all were gonna get...sometimes ya gotta reel it in a lil..know what i mean?

I'm new, I guess I need to go back and read some of the older threads. You never know, they might introduce more Alphas. If this is a world wide outbreak, then there might be some organization to those hordes as well.

7oddisdead
Jun 26th, 2012, 08:49 PM
I'm new, I guess I need to go back and read some of the older threads. You never know, they might introduce more Alphas. If this is a world wide outbreak, then there might be some organization to those hordes as well.

oh yea man..i wasn't saying like "quit biting my ideas" or anything like that...just I know where your coming from...i just think there's more than enough meat to the story as is....BUT...what I would love to see?

Multiple inks! :tinfoil:

ninja edit: yes, I mean clones...i came up with that one first...dammit ;)

Witch_Doctor
Sep 21st, 2012, 12:05 PM
I re-listened to Chapter 23 part 2 and noticed something that I missed before. When Saul is listening to the end Lizzie's recording you can hear that she drops the recorder and is taken away by the Mallers after attacking the arena. Saul sobs and sniffles as the recording continues.

On the recording you can hear

Scratch screaming.
A car door slam.
A vehicle peeling away.
Footsteps of running zombies. They stop in close proximity to the recorder.
Saul sniffling, then he stops. Zombie grunts, growls.
Zombie 'sniffing'.
This is ambiguous and probably meant to be so. Pareidolia (http://www.skepdic.com/pareidol.html) at its finest. Sounds like a Zombie saying, "NO!" then running off.

Yes, the Ghost Hunters would have a field day with this recording.

We know of one talking Zombie, Pinstripes.
Lizzie saw him at the ambush on the way to the arena shortly before the bombing.
Possible that he recognized her scent (or Saul's or the tower's) from his attack on the tower?

This takes place starting at 5:58.

Kc
Sep 21st, 2012, 04:10 PM
This is ambiguous and probably meant to be so. Pareidolia (http://www.skepdic.com/pareidol.html) at its finest. Sounds like a Zombie saying, "NO!" then running off.

Or it could be "Go"

Wicked Sid
Sep 21st, 2012, 04:48 PM
Or it could be "Go"

Maybe it was "Sew!"

Robzombie
Sep 21st, 2012, 07:18 PM
Maybe it was "Sew!"

Or it could be "blow" ...as in " lets blow this joint zombie dudes!!".....okay, maybe its " go".

Gfresh
Sep 27th, 2012, 02:14 PM
I re-listened to Chapter 23 part 2 and noticed something that I missed before. When Saul is listening to the end Lizzie's recording you can hear that she drops the recorder and is taken away by the Mallers after attacking the arena. Saul sobs and sniffles as the recording continues.

On the recording you can hear

Scratch screaming.
A car door slam.
A vehicle peeling away.
Footsteps of running zombies. They stop in close proximity to the recorder.
Saul sniffling, then he stops. Zombie grunts, growls.
Zombie 'sniffing'.

Yes, the Ghost Hunters would have a field day with this recording.

We know of one talking Zombie, Pinstripes.
Lizzie saw him at the ambush on the way to the arena shortly before the bombing.
Possible that he recognized her scent (or Saul's or the tower's) from his attack on the tower?

This takes place starting at 5:58.

I have listened up to the current chapter 33, and started re-listening from the beginning again now. I'm not sure where along the story I made this connection, but for some reason I started thinking of Pinstripes and Ink as the same person, have I got my wires crossed here?

Jannit
Sep 27th, 2012, 02:26 PM
I have listened up to the current chapter 33, and started re-listening from the beginning again now. I'm not sure where along the story I made this connection, but for some reason I started thinking of Pinstripes and Ink as the same person, have I got my wires crossed here?

I've got the same wires crossed if they're not the same zombie. TOWTM / Ink seem to be interchangeable from what I've seen but I'm new too so who knows!

nikvoodoo
Sep 27th, 2012, 03:22 PM
No solid evidence to confirm they are the same. However when you think about how he continually gets described by different people in different ways, and also how no one compares notes on him......its coming as a big "aha" reveal down the road.

LiamKerrington
Sep 28th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Either different people give different descriptions because they see different zombies, or different people give different descriptions about the same dude and simply don't put their heads together. The "Aha"-effect will be available in both directions. I think we will see it the way that different descriptions are about the same Zombie - Mr. Roberts.

AliVega
Oct 26th, 2012, 11:07 AM
While listening to the first few chapters again, when Lizzie plays the TiVo that had a bit of the news recorded, the first story is about a dangerous convict who is schizophrenic covered in tattoos. He's being transported to a mental facility in the heart of LA. My theory is that that mental facility is where a biohazard leak causes the outbreak and Ink from there begins his leadership role amongst the infected. Burt had said in the same first few chapters that "the smarter you are in real life the smarter you are after being infected". I think that the lab technicians and Ink are the smarter, leader, zombies. Maybe because the concentrated form of the biohazard affects people differently? Versus the ones who were infected by a bite wound? I think the laboratory location is near where Saul was looking in LA when it got hard to breathe.

AliVega
Dec 8th, 2012, 12:32 PM
My theory is that the tattooed schizophrenic patient being transferred to the mental facility (aka 'Ground Zero' in LA) is 'Ink'. That mental facility is where 'The Haze' still remains. I think that...

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Dec 8th, 2012, 02:31 PM
My theory is that the tattooed schizophrenic patient being transferred to the mental facility (aka 'Ground Zero' in LA) is 'Ink'. That mental facility is where 'The Haze' still remains. I think that some unidentified crooked/evil doctor, who was also at 'Ground Zero', is the 'Man in the Suit' who later frankensteins the 'Little Ones' into existence. I think that 'Ink' and 'TMINS' work/plot together with their Zombie army to destroy the remaining humans.

I also think that there were several 'Ground Zeroes' around the world after hearing Colonie's back story and that the infection had spread around the world. So who knows, maybe all the Zombies are connected telepathically and plotting the ultimate demise of the entire planet. Or not.

The schizophrenic you are talking of is Mr Bill Roberts. His probable involvement in Z-Day is the subject of various posts within the WA forum. Besides that, I have to say that I do not want the source of Z-Day to be a mad old scientist thing. This has been done over and over again since the 1950s. Maybe Bill Roberts was indeed carried a special gen or anomaly and was a guinea pig of some sort for an unknown organisation. Being the final step, this organisation released the Z plague (calling it Z-virus would be way too Resident Evil) at different locations around to globe. Bill / Ink, however, was able to free himself or was free by a third party. Whatever.

There are just too many variables in the game! Damn it. :)