PDA

View Full Version : We're Not Dead #35

nikvoodoo
Apr 16th, 2012, 06:25 AM
In preparation for the episode We're Not Dead can officially run for President in the United States, post your thoughts, theories and queries here for episode #35!

Grognaurd
Apr 16th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Excuse the pun, but,

Its NOT Miller time. how hard is it to modify the by lines on iTunes

nikvoodoo
Apr 16th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Excuse the pun, but,

Its NOT Miller time. how hard is it to modify the by lines on iTunes

No clue. I think that's actually up to Kc. He's the one who uploads our episodes to itunes et al. So I would assume he'd be the one who would have to make a change to the author lines. The slugs...those might be written by beez...not sure though. But those have just been saying recap of the chapter part and not really who is on the episodes anymore.

Osiris
Apr 16th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Should have paid closer attention to the episode number... ANYWAY...

Signs seem to be pointing toward some sort of ancient organism, released by a shifting of tectonic plates or sink hole having formed. Perhaps, Kc's answer to that age old question of what killed the dinosaurs. Zombie T-Rex!? I'd prefer that over government experiments. Thoughts?

Is it just me or does it make sense to have Saul return to Ground Zero alone to explore further, considering that there is 'no danger' to him. Lack of zombies, seemingly immune to the toxin... it makes the most sense to the story to have the individual that potentially holds the cure within his blood to be dangled precariously over the void of death.

Also seems that CJ is the next Scratch. She's attacked two tower members, blindfolded them and essentially 'kidnapped' them, held them at gun pont until they were willing to put themselves in mortal danger simply to gather information for her. She seems no more concerned for Saul or Victor's safety than she might an ant. Sure, she shared a little information with them, but she withheld a lot more. I'm going to have jump on the CJ hatewagon.

Leah
Apr 16th, 2012, 10:57 AM
What if the cracks are not caused by something underneath the ground, but instead something landing with quite some force?

HardKor
Apr 16th, 2012, 11:01 AM
I know you guys brought up last week that Tanya and Saul being immune seems like a cop out because it removes the danger of infection from them. But what if they could be possible carriers? I just have this frightening image in my head of Saul finally rescuing Lizzie only to go to kiss her and her turning on him *shudders*

Osiris
Apr 16th, 2012, 11:13 AM
What if the cracks are not caused by something underneath the ground, but instead something landing with quite some force?

Seems plausible enough, but what happened to it? Where did this 'thing' go?

Leah
Apr 16th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Seems plausible enough, but what happened to it? Where did this 'thing' go?

Well it might have burnt, burning down all the houses around the impact location with it.
If it was an explosion under the ground, it would seem likely for cracks to appear outside Inglewood.
But they did not see any......

It might also explain the rotting corpses. They were people who got hit by the impact, not by the zombies.

Cabbage Patch
Apr 16th, 2012, 12:06 PM

Like "War of the Worlds"? In the original HG Wells story the Martian spacecraft landed so forcefully that they drove deep holes into the ground. Then, once they were ready, the war machines emerged from these craters to attack everyone around the.

So the space invader theory could be that the aliens made a hard landing in Inglewood (like Kalani did at LAX), burying them deep underground. Then they opened up their cannisters of zombie gas and set it loose on the world.

Leah
Apr 16th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Like "War of the Worlds"? In the original HG Wells story the Martian spacecraft landed so forcefully that they drove deep holes into the ground. Then, once they were ready, the war machines emerged from these craters to attack everyone around the.

So the space invader theory could be that the aliens made a hard landing in Inglewood (like Kalani did at LAX), burying them deep underground. Then they opened up their cannisters of zombie gas and set it loose on the world.

Or the (space ships??) were burnt after the impact. Leaving only the gas behind.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 16th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Saul and Tanya immune hypothesis.

1) The pick line treatment.
2) Blood exposure + pick line treatment.
3) Genetic immunity.
4) The Yet To Be Discussed built-up immunity because Saul lived near Ingelwood in Compton and could have been exposed to what ever underground 'zombie stuff' in slow, steady doses. A problem with this is that those closer should have a better tolerance. Any thoughts or suggestions that would make #4 worthwhile?

Leah
Apr 16th, 2012, 12:58 PM

3) Genetic immunity.
4) The Yet To Be Discussed built-up immunity because Saul lived near Ingelwood in Compton and could have been exposed to what ever underground 'zombie stuff' in slow, steady doses. A problem with this is that those closer should have a better tolerance. Any thoughts or suggestions that would make #4 worthwhile?

I think he was to far away from the impact zone. When they went to his appartment to fetch Lady, they had no problem breathing.
Since no animals can survive Ground Zero, Lady would have gotten sick if they were close enough....
Why else are there no animals (who apparantly are immune to the virus) around Ground Zero?

I think you have some very plausible idea's with the first three;)

yarri
Apr 16th, 2012, 01:06 PM

3) Genetic immunity.

Tanya was infusing IV Vancomycin, which is a powerful antibiotic one of the major ones and its also a broad spectrum antibiotic. So for this idea to be a functional hypothesis that means that what ever created the Zombies has to be a bacteria, not a virus, or anything else.

Adventureless_Hero
Apr 16th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Tanya was infusing IV Vancomycin, which is a powerful antibiotic one of the major ones and its also a broad spectrum antibiotic. So for this idea to be a functional hypothesis that means that what ever created the Zombies has to be a bacteria, not a virus, or anything else.

Great minds think alike; http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3120-Chapter-28-Last-Dying-Breath-Part-3&p=38109&viewfull=1#post38109

Anywho, that has got my mind reeling with possibilities. Did this bacteria laden haze come from within the Earth? I compared it to red tide but airborne. Gaia is fighting back!

Triggernator
Apr 17th, 2012, 03:14 AM
Since no animals can survive Ground Zero, Lady would have gotten sick if they were close enough....
Why else are there no animals (who apparantly are immune to the virus) around Ground Zero?

Because they have an instinct to fear the GIANT LAND SQUID!!!!!!

Leah
Apr 17th, 2012, 03:55 AM
Because they have an instinct to fear the GIANT LAND SQUID!!!!!!

Oh No! How could I forget the GIANT LAND SQUID:(

clem131
Apr 17th, 2012, 07:07 AM
The real issue with this week's episode is that SOMEONE gets to listen to it before everyone else. We are the 99%. #occupywerenotdead.

Flame_Alchemist44
Apr 17th, 2012, 08:02 AM
I think the giant squid theory has a lot of weight, but in all seriousness I feel like what was under Ingelwood was a mistake. The cracks in the ground could be the effects of an explosion, and thus leaked out into the air whatever was being worked on down there. The only problem I see with that is only Saul and Tanya could really go down there, unless the rest of the tower got a gas mask kind of set up. Also anyone feel like whenever we get back to Burt, Angel, and Lizzy we might have some drastic character changes? New Caprica from Battlestar? How much more badass would and one-eyed Burt be?

Cabbage Patch
Apr 17th, 2012, 10:47 AM
...I feel like what was under Ingelwood was a mistake. The cracks in the ground could be the effects of an explosion, and thus leaked out into the air whatever was being worked on down there. The only problem I see with that is only Saul and Tanya could really go down there, unless the rest of the tower got a gas mask kind of set up...

What we need is for the Saul and Victor to get in contact with Michael at Fort Irwin, where he should find several examples of this vehicle, the M93 Fox NBC (nuclear, biological, chemical) Recon Vehicle. It's designed to investigate contaminated areas, using a sophisticated air filtration system and over-pressurization to protect the crew from anything in the outside air. The crew works from inside the vehicle to collect air samples, run chemical agent tests and otherwise monitor the environment.

With one of these you can do a detailed recon of Ground Zero without the need for scuba tanks or gas masks.

VeritableHero
Apr 17th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Zombie T-Rex!? I'd prefer that over government experiments. Thoughts?
This made me laugh. Although, a biological toxin does seem interesting to me.

Is it just me or does it make sense to have Saul return to Ground Zero alone to explore further, considering that there is 'no danger' to him. Lack of zombies, seemingly immune to the toxin... it makes the most sense to the story to have the individual that potentially holds the cure within his blood to be dangled precariously over the void of death.This makes sense to me. It sounded to me like they were both coughing at first but that Saul ended up growing accustomed to the air quality. If that's the case, I don't see why he couldn't go back in. However, it might end up being bad for him over long periods of time so this would be a gamble.

Personally, I expected when they pulled the camera up out from the crack for there to be something insane / creepy / gross down there.

Osiris
Apr 17th, 2012, 01:07 PM
This made me laugh. Although, a biological toxin does seem interesting to me.

This makes sense to me. It sounded to me like they were both coughing at first but that Saul ended up growing accustomed to the air quality. If that's the case, I don't see why he couldn't go back in. However, it might end up being bad for him over long periods of time so this would be a gamble.

Personally, I expected when they pulled the camera up out from the crack for there to be something insane / creepy / gross down there.

I had thought that about Saul at first as well. However, it's possible he was reacting the way he thought he would to being without oxygen. Sort of getting a placebo but being told it's Valium. You feel the effects you think you're going to. Or you may be right. He may have simply acclimatized.

buzzbros2002
Apr 17th, 2012, 04:50 PM
First off, I had no problem with the extended We're Not Dead episode, longer analysis only makes me think more which is always a good thing. Second, I think that Tanya may have something to do with the initial outbreak. I mean, how much do we actually know about her? There's certainly enough suspicion to make it possible.

Osiris
Apr 17th, 2012, 10:18 PM
I would have no problem listening to Britt talk for hours and hours. If I can sit through a SMod, I can sit through ANYTHING. I think the 'part three' episodes should be longer. Look at the chapter as a whole.

Leah
Apr 17th, 2012, 10:23 PM
First off, I had no problem with the extended We're Not Dead episode, longer analysis only makes me think more which is always a good thing. Second, I think that Tanya may have something to do with the initial outbreak. I mean, how much do we actually know about her? There's certainly enough suspicion to make it possible.

You know what? You could be right about Tanya.
Do we know where she lived before the outbreak? Is wasn't in LA right?

GeneTwo
Apr 18th, 2012, 01:55 AM
So the area of effect of around ground zero is:

Core/Center is unknown, above or below ground is unknown.
Next layer causes death.
Next outer layer, prolonged exposure causes zombification.

Zombies fear the haze, or any haze. In chapter 26, Saul comments on the gray haze from the tower collapse dissipating. Then he and Victor comment on why the bodies of the tower, mallers, and zombies were still around the ruins.

All layers seem to have the same amount of haze.

From Wikipedia: Haze often occurs when dust and smoke particles accumulate in relatively dry air.

What ever is causing the haze is still active or making dust and/or particles. Also, normal wind or rainy conditions don't seem to have any affect on the haze. If the whatever is causing the haze is a weapon, the battery sure is lasting a long time. If the point was to create zombies why were the people on the inner part of ground zero dead? For all we know the haze may have nothing to do with causing zombies at all. I feel like once we do find out what's at ground zero, its going to be super simple, and well be all kicking ourselves for not thinking about it.

GeneTwo
Apr 18th, 2012, 02:56 AM
Does anyone think we are going to do a rewind back to the tower collapsing? I mean to see what Lizzy, Angel, and Burt are going through. I get the feeling its going to be a dual story line like with Saul's group and then Michale's group.

So its going to be Lizzy and the Mallers and Angel and Burt. So if Lizzy is going to fill us out on what the Mallers are doing then that would mean Angel and Burt would have a separate parallel story line. Like Burt using the break on the zip line and not cracking his head on the pavement. Then Angel runs down the stairs while the tower is collapsing - only part of the WA tower fell, not the stairwell - then running to the second building and finding Burt tangled up in the zip line. Ange and Burt find a place to hold up. Burt freaks out again, chokes out Angel, then the Mallers come back. The helicopter is gone, the tower is gone, so they decide to follow or attack the Mallers to save Lizzy or for revenge.

I know its way out there and your like, what about the "old man and the barely alive dude" from the end chapter 24. If it were Burt and Angel, Scratch and the Mallers found, why not identify them by name? What if the old man and the barely alive dude were Mallers. The barely alive dude had a big Shirley size hole in him. And when Scratch says she "found what she was looking for", she meant conformation of WA survivors.

I just don't see what a injured Burt and a near dead Angel do in the story line. It makes much more sense if Lizzy is Scratch's pet or something giving us the inside scoop, while Angle and Burt do some rescuing.

UndeadSweeper
Apr 18th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Hi NikiVoodoo, has anyone explain how Bill got the code to the armory? Maybe Kanini could come back in his notes? If he had any.

Cabbage Patch
Apr 18th, 2012, 07:16 AM
You know what? You could be right about Tanya.
Do we know where she lived before the outbreak? Is wasn't in LA right?

I remember a reference to Tanya working in Anaheim, which is in Orange County, not far from the location of The Colony.

Raven
Apr 18th, 2012, 07:59 AM
I remember a reference to Tanya working in Anaheim, which is in Orange County, not far from the location of The Colony.
When Angel asks Micheal about having family (and Micheal totally lied ) Saul chimes this tidbit in...

Raven
Apr 18th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Does anyone think we are going to do a rewind back to the tower collapsing? I mean to see what Lizzy, Angel, and Burt are going through. I get the feeling its going to be a dual story line like with Saul's group and then Michale's group.

Yea I think we have gone long enough into the season we are probably going to switch over to the Mallers via Lizzy/Bricks and how they survived and maybe eventually get reunited with Burt and Angel (fingers crossed) or at least get their story brought up to present.

nikvoodoo
Apr 18th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Hi NikiVoodoo, has anyone explain how Bill got the code to the armory? Maybe Kanini could come back in his notes? If he had any.

Pretty sure they didn't have the coded lock on the armory at the time. They had keys that only a few people in theory had access to and they forgot Bill would have one of those keys. Remember that's how Datu and Burt figured out Bill was able to steal the stuff? Burt figured Bill would have access to the keys to the building, and Datu then realized about the elevator.

So Bill stealing things was as simple as walking downstairs and turning a key.

Osiris
Apr 18th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Holy shit! I just figured out why Saul and his mom are immune!

Let me explain:

I'm starting to think that the cause is toxic burrito farts... it explains the haze... people being unable to breathe without violent fits of coughing and nausea, the cracks in the ground like some violent force was pushing down but there is no meteor or large object present. Saul had been eating burritos the night before it all happened and he ripped one. It's turning people because the burritos he ate were made with beans that had gone bad and too much hot sauce.

Tanya is immune because, well, she's his mother, changed his diapers when he was a poopy-bummed baby and so the theory of genetics fits perfectly. She's immune to Saul's ass vapours.

This theory may have been influenced by Britt's Burrito Adventure. WND: Episode #33

Britt
Apr 19th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Hey guys!

Just a heads-up that WND will be recorded next week during We're Alive's weekly break. Some ish has come up, but we should be good to go for next week. Look for WND #35 on April 27th.

IamPaul
Apr 19th, 2012, 02:32 PM
I would love a chat about how weird it was that Victor was freaked out by Saul's 'immunity'.

GeneTwo
Apr 20th, 2012, 01:33 AM
Finding guns is bad luck for the WA tower folk. I came to this conclusion after re-listening chapters 1 and 2 before starting chapter 3. So lets get this crack pot theory over with.

Angel and Saul find guns at Locked and Loaded. Pegs drops a vase and causes the WA tower to be over run.

Datu finds a shotgun on the way to the stadium. Datu is captured, finds a girlfriend, then she dies. Datu gets his special super power, the ability to bum everyone out just by entering a room.

Riley finds a bow and arrows. She has a great time with Angel saving Datu, then she starts to realize that she may not be a lesbian at all.

Michael, Pegs, and Kelly raid the Colony armory. Lizzy is kicked out of the WA tower.

I know right.:p

As soon as Michael finds the armory at Fort Irwin, that place is going down.

ZomNom
Apr 25th, 2012, 09:27 AM
OMG. I need a new episode. Can you post it by 5:00pm EST Thursday evening? That'd take care of an hour of the 3 hour drive home I have. That'd be great. Thanks.

No?

Ok. Guess I'll just have to save it for the ride back up.

nikvoodoo
Apr 26th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Hey all I just seem to be the bearer of not good news today. First, The Voodoo Lounge is out for the week and now so is WND. Britt is sick, and I am unable to record. We both apologize to you, the listeners, that we can't discuss this week's amazing episode in a timely manner.

We will be back and better than ever soon. Our apologies.

Adventureless_Hero
Apr 26th, 2012, 12:12 PM
I am bummed, but more importantly, I understand.

Osiris
Apr 26th, 2012, 01:19 PM
But... but... my theory about Britt's Burrito Farts being the cure for zombieitus... how will I have answers!? :(

Pikepaw
Apr 30th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Well since episode 35 will now be about 29-1, there is something vitally important to discuss. Unless the voices in my head have changed in tone and pitch, Britt finally got her cameo in We're Alive.

If I remember correctly, I think this means digital boxers. No porn!

clem131
May 2nd, 2012, 05:09 AM
About 29-1: Puck's narrating. As narration has been people reading their diaries, so far, I am thinking this can mean either:
- Puck has his own log already;
- something bad will happen at Irwin, and Puck will eventually become part of Michael's group of survivors.

A third possibility is that we are approaching the moment where Michael sits down and writes the first lines of the first episode ("I'm writing this for my own sanity (...) maybe it will all make sense... and then again maybe not.") and from there on narration in first person will just be... narration in first person, without the diaries.

VEE
May 2nd, 2012, 06:56 AM
Listened to some of the podcasts for the first time today, really good fun and interesting ideas about where the story is going and what means what. What we need now is a third podcast about this podcast, but from the Zombies point of view, 'We're undead', it should include recipes.

Eviebae
May 3rd, 2012, 10:22 AM
Listened to some of the podcasts for the first time today, really good fun and interesting ideas about where the story is going and what means what. What we need now is a third podcast about this podcast, but from the Zombies point of view, 'We're undead', it should include recipes.

"We're Not Dead Either"

nikvoodoo
May 3rd, 2012, 10:14 PM
After a lengthy delay: wnd 35 is in the books. Itsallgoodie and I discussed both 29-1 and 28-3. Thanks for your patience! Hopefully Britt kicks her ailment to rejoin the crew to gloat about her cameo on the podcast.

KumarJankins
May 5th, 2012, 10:01 AM
after a lengthy delay: Wnd 35 is in the books. Itsallgoodie and i discussed both 29-1 and 28-3. Thanks for your patience! Hopefully britt kicks her ailment to rejoin the crew to gloat about her cameo on the podcast.

where is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nikvoodoo
May 5th, 2012, 11:06 AM
where is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Pulls episode out from behind your ear*

Why.....it's been right here all this time!

Kc submitted it is afternoon. You should have it shortly

KumarJankins
May 5th, 2012, 11:13 AM
*pulls episode out from behind your ear*

why.....it's been right here all this time!

Kc submitted it is afternoon. You should have it shortly
thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Mikeyd2tall
May 6th, 2012, 10:51 AM
we should award Nik with the "longest running guest host" trophy!

VEE
May 6th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Good listen, thanks.