PDA

View Full Version : Michael and Burt

GingerNacre
Apr 14th, 2012, 03:41 PM
So between chapters 12 & 13 both Michael and Burt have annoyed the crap outta me. The freak out makes sense in the amazing stress the group is under, but when 2 out of 5 leaders (Michael, Angel, Saul, Burt and Lizzie is who I count as this) lose it and in such a childish way, I was yelling "SCREW YOU CRANKY BURT!" followed up by "SCREW YOU TOO, EMO MICHAEL!" As annoyed as I have ever been with Kelly or Pegs, THESE two take the cake in making me curse at them in my car...in traffic. Now on to chapter 14...

GeneTwo
Apr 14th, 2012, 04:33 PM
You hate them because you care. Welcome to the WA universe.

GingerNacre
Apr 15th, 2012, 07:31 AM
You hate them because you care. Welcome to the WA universe.

Yeh. Its annoying and wonderful all at the same time. Thanks for the welcome. :)

Aerock
Oct 26th, 2012, 08:59 AM
The leadership structure in The Tower is very frustrating. I used to like Datu, but now he pisses me off worse than Kelly first did! My two favorite guys as of right now are Burt and Saul, but it's...

Litmaster
Oct 26th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Oh, I envy you. You are at my favorite part of the story...

Witch_Doctor
Oct 28th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Oh, I envy you. You are at my favorite part of the story...

Isn't it crazy to come across a new forum discussion from an earlier chapter? We get to peek in on all of the impressions, interpretations and speculations. So long as some nut doesn't post spoilers like the guy who told everybody about the Space Shuttle landing at LAX.

Aerock
Nov 2nd, 2012, 10:23 AM
Isn't it crazy to come across a new forum discussion from an earlier chapter? We get to peek in on all of the impressions, interpretations and speculations. So long as some nut doesn't post spoilers like the guy who told everybody about the Space Shuttle landing at LAX.

(z_z) Space Shuttle?! I hope you are blowing hot air out of your posterior, Witch_Doctor...

nikvoodoo
Nov 2nd, 2012, 10:34 AM
(z_z) I hope you are blowing hot air out of your posterior, Witch_Doctor...

I agree with witch_doctor. Reading someone's first through impressions is really fun. Though I'd debate the space shuttle as the biggest whoa moment.

To me, that moment belongs to the flying spider monkeys. I did find it a little too close to Wizard of Oz, but I never would have guessed how brutal they were.

MLM
Oct 2nd, 2013, 02:46 PM
As someone who is been marathoning the show for two days, I must admit that Burt and Michael's characterizations came off as a little jarring in this episode. It just seems strange that Michael was certainly willing to just abandon Saul, and that Burt was going to blame everything on Michael and suddenly become a crazy loner.

Maybe it could make sense given the situation, but it didn't come across like something that grew out of their situation so much as just a switch that was flipped to SHOW they were flipping out rather than the result of an actual flip-out.

I dunno, maybe it's just me.