PDA

View Full Version : Each Group Needs The Other

Eviebae
Apr 10th, 2012, 11:37 PM
I was thinking about how each group seems to be trying to recreate society based upon their old roles in society. But each group wouldn't have existed in isolation before the apocalypse so they are inherently unstable (even more so that the society that went before).

The Mallers seem to have created a society based on being criminals. So much so that they can't seem to get it together to create their own safe house and seem to be wandering around in pursuit of everyone else's.

CJ and her people seemed like they had a prison guard mentality and created a prison-like safe house. Her concept of safe was more like "protected from doing harm and kept away from the guns."

The Colony seemed like it was based upon deception. An elaborate con game...or maybe just High School.

The Tower, seemed more random because the people were from all walks of life--the regular joe's. They ended up being more about keeping alive.

But each of these groups didn't exist in a vacuum before--each molded and influenced one another.

Osiris
Apr 11th, 2012, 04:36 PM
A unique way of looking at it. So what you're saying is, if the groups get together at a bowling alley things will be back to normal?

Cromulent Frog
Apr 11th, 2012, 07:28 PM
I think that if the groups didn't have interaction with the others they would do pretty good actually. I don't see the Mallers providing anything that the Tower people would need. I would conceed that maybe the Colony could help the Tower people if it wasn't run by assholes. They did provide a few people that contributed in a big way to the Tower. Overall though, I think the only group that needs anyone in a significant way would be the Mallers. They thrive on taking from others because they're either too lazy or too stupid to figure something out on their own.