PDA

View Full Version : WND episode #34

nikvoodoo
Apr 9th, 2012, 06:14 AM
Got a thought you want to share on the next installment of WND? Put it here!

No guarantees there will be an episode this week. Britt is going to be unavailable to record..... Something about hanging with Kc and Blaire or something. But we can take the input and use it in the next recording whenever that may be.

UndeadSweeper
Apr 9th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Bring back the Miller!! :)

Raven
Apr 9th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Beeze +Nik more then enough :) without the over shares of gastrointestinal info

den1981
Apr 9th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Dear WND

I have the theory that Saul and Tanya are immune. When you go back to when Sol was injured he had a terrible wound. When Z-Tommy was shot, I think some of him got into Sol. Considering how Tanya reacted to being brought to a check up. She probably has a bite. The only other reason for Tanya's reaction is that she has personal problems from her past.

I also think in the next episode Sol will loose his mask and be fine.

Denis

PS love your show

Adventureless_Hero
Apr 11th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Do you think Shaun possibly contacted Chinwe from the Colony? When Victor says he is from a place with a whole lot of assholes about 30 miles to the South, Chinwe responds with, "Really?" The inflection in her voice made it seem like she was surprised Victor came from there, as though she knew of this place but didn't expect anyone to make it out. I have a small suspicion that Shaun contacted Chinwe, or tried to contact her from the Colony, but it is little more than a hunch.

Cabbage Patch
Apr 11th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Do you think Shaun possibly contacted Chinwe from the Colony? When Victor says he is from a place with a whole lot of assholes about 30 miles to the South, Chinwe responds with, "Really?" The inflection in her voice made it seem like she was surprised Victor came from there, as though she knew of this place but didn't expect anyone to make it out. I have a small suspicion that Shaun contacted Chinwe, or tried to contact her from the Colony, but it is little more than a hunch.

And suddenly all the speculation about the Mallers moving against The Colony makes sense. Sean uses the radio to tell CJ about the place he and Hope found safe haven. The Mallers, who we know we're monitoring radio signals, overhear the message and realize there's a rich target to be had. My guess would be that this happened shortly after The War, explaining why the Mallers didn't make another attempt on The Tower.

nikvoodoo
Apr 11th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Recording is definitely happening and it's happening tonight. Get your thoughts in rapidly!

Cabbage Patch
Apr 11th, 2012, 09:29 AM
I think you should get Otto Sturke, who plays Victor, as a guest on "We're Not Dead". Not only is he great on We're Alive, he's also very active on the Forums and sounds like he's a lot of fun.

nikvoodoo
Apr 11th, 2012, 10:21 AM
I think you should get Otto Sturke, who plays Victor, as a guest on "We're Not Dead". Not only is he great on We're Alive, he's also very active on the Forums and sounds like he's a lot of fun.

He's definitely on the list! Don't you worry about that! I'm hoping to get a somewhat solid guest schedule set up so everyone can know a little further in advance who might be coming on as a guest.

awkwardalex
Apr 11th, 2012, 10:41 AM
So when is this episode dropping by?

nikvoodoo
Apr 11th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Barring mishaps: Friday

Adventureless_Hero
Apr 11th, 2012, 11:42 AM
I think we should discuss the most fucked up thing that has occurred and been overlooked in the WA story: Saul took a Nintendo DS with him when he and Burt went to look for Lizzy. You think that looking for the love of his post-apocalyptic life would be priority numero uno, but no! He needs to drag Mario Kart DS along with him! Sick, Saul. :P

GeneTwo
Apr 11th, 2012, 02:53 PM
And suddenly all the speculation about the Mallers moving against The Colony makes sense. Sean uses the radio to tell CJ about the place he and Hope found safe haven. The Mallers, who we know we're monitoring radio signals, overhear the message and realize there's a rich target to be had. My guess would be that this happened shortly after The War, explaining why the Mallers didn't make another attempt on The Tower.

I think the simpler explanation is that when Michael tried to contact the WA tower the Mallers picked up on it. I believe Tardust mentioned that they were already monitoring CB channels as well as some others. And he hinted that they had more sophisticated radio equipment.

nikvoodoo
Apr 12th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Hey all! We recorded last night, and everything looks like it's on track to get released on Friday.

Great discussion with Comradenarf and TCM Revolver! And a long one too! Despite the length of the conversation, we didn't get to nearly as much stuff as I planned on so I'm sorry if your comment or question didn't get answered this week. Britt's way better at balancing your queries than I am.

UndeadSweeper
Apr 12th, 2012, 08:28 AM
I think we should discuss the most fucked up thing that has occurred and been overlooked in the WA story: Saul took a Nintendo DS with him when he and Burt went to look for Lizzy. You think that looking for the love of his post-apocalyptic life would be priority numero uno, but no! He needs to drag Mario Kart DS along with him! Sick, Saul. :P

Maybe it's 3DS and he was looking to street pass. :P

Nathan.Luiz
Apr 13th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Do you think Shaun possibly contacted Chinwe from the Colony? When Victor says he is from a place with a whole lot of assholes about 30 miles to the South, Chinwe responds with, "Really?" The inflection in her voice made it seem like she was surprised Victor came from there, as though she knew of this place but didn't expect anyone to make it out. I have a small suspicion that Shaun contacted Chinwe, or tried to contact her from the Colony, but it is little more than a hunch.But wouldn't Marcus find out like he did with Michael? I doubt Sean would contact outside when in his position of authority at The Colony, knowing he would lose it if he tried to make outside contact.

Grognaurd
Apr 16th, 2012, 05:18 AM
Nik, a place where we could get more Kalani would be from Lizzy. It is possible he talks to Scratch once WW2 (We're alive War 2) starts. Lizzy could be standing right there and hear the conversation

nikvoodoo
Apr 16th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Nik, a place where we could get more Kalani would be from Lizzy. It is possible he talks to Scratch once WW2 (We're alive War 2) starts. Lizzy could be standing right there and hear the conversation

Possible. I'm not sure it's very likely, but it's definitely possible.....though....the longer I let that roll around in my head the cooler the idea is....It might very well finish off that sentence....

Adventureless_Hero
Apr 16th, 2012, 09:13 AM
I am going to quit smoking, now. Thank you Nik for saving my lungs. I'm glad this coincides with me having finished a pack last night.

That Bob Sagat line was brilliant!

I have to apologize but I was half way through your episode when the WA 28-3 dropped. Sorry fellas, but I am going to get my fix.

VeritableHero
Apr 17th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Been quiet on the forums for a while but am making my way back. A few comments:

I'm enjoying the editing that Beez (sp?) is doing on the podcast. It's entertaining (crickets after a bad Nikvoodoo joke) and also helpful (such as when he puts clips of the show in that they podcasters are discussing).

Nik is a good regular addition to the podcast.

CommradeNarf has a voice for radio. It's smooth. I wouldn't mind hearing him on the podcast more often.

ComradeNarf
Apr 17th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Thanks, I really appreciate that! It was a ton of fun being on with nik and Rev.

Beez really deserves a ton of credit for the work he does. Rev and I were often too polite and would wait for the other to go first. Beez trimmed those all out, so the episode flows really nicely. Thanks again Beez!

Bray
Apr 19th, 2012, 03:12 PM
I got a mention yay :)

Is 'cracking' not a turn of phrase to emphasise the awesomeness of something on the other side of the pond?

nikvoodoo
Apr 19th, 2012, 04:32 PM
I got a mention yay :)

Is 'cracking' not a turn of phrase to emphasise the awesomeness of something on the other side of the pond?
Not really. It's more of a british-ism. We tend to overuse epic these days.

Kc
Apr 20th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Wasn't me in the advert. Was Erik Wargo, Steven :)

Adventureless_Hero
Apr 20th, 2012, 11:06 AM

I knew it! I pride myself in recognizing voices.

Faces and names however...

nikvoodoo
Apr 20th, 2012, 05:53 PM

Grayson already called me out on it on my wall. I thought it might have been here, but I have my reasons to not be all that focused this week.

AliVega
Apr 25th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Britt check out Goal Zero's "How-to-Survive-a-Zombie-Apocalypse" I think you'll like their view on Costco!
http://www.goalzero.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/How-to-Survive-a-Zombie-Apocalypse-V2.jpg

MenashaCorpse
May 21st, 2012, 09:23 AM
Great episode. good job by ink, rev, narf & beez!!

Now I know my survival strategy - Buddy up with Twinkie the Kid!!! lol

ComradeNarf
May 21st, 2012, 10:25 AM
Thanks! And Twinkie the Kid will *never* let you down.

nikvoodoo
May 21st, 2012, 10:30 AM

Unlike that flying squid....smelly bastard.

MenashaCorpse
May 21st, 2012, 10:55 AM

Good to know! btw - Love the avatar. My wife and I often use the phrase around the house: "Push the button, Max!"

ComradeNarf
May 22nd, 2012, 10:25 PM
Yes! It's such a great film!

"I'd like to see The Great Leslie try that!"