PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Messages in the Commercials ...

Adogg
Jan 22nd, 2011, 11:04 PM
As I have been re-listening to the entire program I found myself skipping the end of the program and thereby missing the commercials.

Now, I know that in order to keep this awesome podcast going you need advertisers, so I thought why not get me to pay closer attention? A cool way to do that would be to make up fake commercials that offer up hidden information or easter eggs.

For example, the smart zombie that hunted Burt had a level 3 badge from Radeon Labs on his belt. How about a commercial from them? I tried finding them on the net and didn't, so I presume they are a fictional company.

You could even make a contest for us to put together the fake ads to make a clue ... and the best part is that the advertisers (real ones) will be getting assured that the listeners are listening. Hence, more money for the show.

Seemed like a win/win. Whatda' think?

Hollomandious
Jan 23rd, 2011, 09:42 PM
Love me some of that.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Jan 26th, 2011, 08:28 AM
ahhhh, like getting people to sit through the credits in a movie just so you can see that surprise clip at the end!

Kc
Jan 26th, 2011, 08:30 AM
I like this idea... Wouldn't be too hard to make either...

Adogg
Jan 26th, 2011, 01:48 PM
I like this idea... Wouldn't be too hard to make either...

Great! I was just coming to check on on this. I know you talked about in another thread releasing a map. It might be cool to brake the map up into chuncks and "hide" it on websites for the advertisers or fake company websites...