PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 28-Last Dying Breath Part 2

nikvoodoo
Apr 9th, 2012, 03:18 AM
New episode is less than 6 hours away!! Who be excited?

yarri
Apr 9th, 2012, 03:21 AM
Me me me!!!!!

Luna Guardian
Apr 9th, 2012, 03:35 AM
New episode is less than 6 hours away!! Who be excited?

*wakes from a deep slumber* Yo

Hellbringer
Apr 9th, 2012, 04:26 AM
*wakes from a deep slumber* Yo

I'll be in class until mid afternoon. I expect this thread to be on page 4 or 5 by the time I get home and might get a chance to listen to it.

Yeah, I won't be concentrating too much at class knowing it's podcast time.

Kc
Apr 9th, 2012, 08:30 AM
I'll just comment here, and move the thread up. Don't mind me :)

UndeadSweeper
Apr 9th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Saul's mom is probably having Colony flashback. That could be the reason for the freak-out.

UndeadSweeper
Apr 9th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Question, has anyone seen zombies near ground zero?

brad1
Apr 9th, 2012, 09:04 AM
ohh that scuba idea i thought of when i heard about thwe air being hard to breath but still good idea cant wait for next week!!!!!!!!!!!1

Ra1th
Apr 9th, 2012, 09:06 AM
wait wait wait wait. somewhere around the 9 minute mark, saul says lizzy told them about the small ones with numbers on them. But there's no way she could have, she's been with the mallers the whole time. How does saul know that?

awkwardalex
Apr 9th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Saul's mom is probably having Colony flashback. That could be the reason for the freak-out.

I was thinking that it could be that theory that Saul (and his mom) are immune to whatever this is. That burn she had way back when in the colony makes me think, maybe she was bit. I mean in the early stages of this outbreak I would not tell anyone I was bit, but normally you don't have anytime.

yarri
Apr 9th, 2012, 09:07 AM
wait wait wait wait. somewhere around the 9 minute mark, saul says lizzy told them about the small ones with numbers on them. But there's no way she could have, she's been with the mallers the whole time. How does saul know that?

He found her video camcorder that's how he knew.. She recorded a log.

Kc
Apr 9th, 2012, 09:08 AM

It was on her taped recording from Chapter __ (Can't think of it off the top of my head).

Ra1th
Apr 9th, 2012, 09:08 AM
It was on her taped recording from Chapter __ (Can't think of it off the top of my head).

ohhh whoops. nevermind

UndeadSweeper
Apr 9th, 2012, 09:09 AM

I think he hear it on the tape recorder Lizzy left.

awkwardalex
Apr 9th, 2012, 09:10 AM

Chapter 23 (I think so...) Saul find's Lizzy's bag in the arena with her tape recorder, we hear a snippet that says (paraphrasing): We were attacked...they're special, the little ones.

I'm going on the thought that she may have described more, and Skittles told Angel about the little ones as well.

awkwardalex
Apr 9th, 2012, 09:11 AM
I'll just comment here, and move the thread up. Don't mind me :)

Great episode KC! I am really loving Chinwe, she's a bit of a smart ass (like me) like Saul. I loved her lines.

EVABLACKX
Apr 9th, 2012, 09:14 AM

Lizzy said it on the tape that Saul found.
Awesome episode.
Wonder what Kc is hinting at with that Vic quote in the credits :rolleyes: :)

Kc
Apr 9th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Lizzy said it on the tape that Saul found.
Awesome episode.
Wonder what Kc is hinting at with that Vic quote in the credits :rolleyes: :)

Vic quote? Did I screw up?

Kc
Apr 9th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Vic quote? Did I screw up?

Doh! Must have been a glitch. It's "Start the Clock" just his line line repeated. At least it is low and at the end of the credits.

Chogidog
Apr 9th, 2012, 09:31 AM
at about 20:38 there's an additional voice mixed in

Bray
Apr 9th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Another cracking episode.

I think the reason Tanya was freaking out is that she has been bitten or infected some other way, when I don't know, perhaps recently, perhaps ages ago, but she is immune to it, and fearing that people will freak out and kill her or at the least kick her out she hasn't told anyone, but this will be discovered in the medical, so has decided to do a runner.

Seems like the only logical theory, flash back to the colony....I don't think so, seems far too much of an over reaction. She has only started freaking out when it's made clear that she is going to be physically checked out, she didn't mind too much being kept in a barracks (I assume under lock and key) for the time being.

AdrianHD
Apr 9th, 2012, 10:16 AM
I'm going to miss the whole Kalani story. That's been, hands down, my favorite part of the series so far.

I thought the whole Tanya freaking out came from when she was attacked back before the attack on the Tower. It happened and then it was dropped pretty quickly, I figured it has a good chance at being brought back up.

nikvoodoo
Apr 9th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Tis a good Monday all of a sudden!

This episode should please so many different people in so many different ways! Some people hated Kalani's backstory: It's over! Some people have been wondering what's going on at ground zero: Here we go!

I think I'm as guilty as others who overlooked (purposefully or not) Tanya's injuries at the hands of Randy/From the Colony. Especially the Colony injury. That seems like forever ago, and it's really only been what.....a week? Week and a half? If she's slowly turning.....hmmm.....

And I'm starting to reconsider Cj's piss poor execution. This plan with Saul and Victor (Vicki....titter) is pretty damn well thought out (as always) and if they succeed: She gets info. If they fail: She looses some supplies, but she'll live longer on what she has. And she's only sacrificing some people she barely knows who tried to choke her the F*** out when they first met!

I think Saul was uh...just reaching a bit when he says she didn't want to shoot him. Seems like that shot only missed because Victor got there just in time.

Luna Guardian
Apr 9th, 2012, 10:37 AM
I'm sure we would have heard something if Tanya had been infected already, there'd have been some sorta hook. People are no longer branded with fleur-de-lys however, so one does wonder what she got so freaked up about. My initial thought was that she had been abused by a man and was reluctant to put herself in a situtation where that could occur again, but that theory was blown away with the female nurses. Maybe she hides something under her clothes, signs that she's a drug (legal or illegal) abuser, maybe?

HardKor
Apr 9th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Great episode, as always!
Glad to see Saul and Vick(y) heading into ground zero, partly because it means I was right but mostly because we might get some more clues about what caused the outbreak. Maybe they'll find the convoy that was supposed to be transporting ol' Ink to prison all trashed.
Everyone else has pretty much summed up my thoughts about Tanya's little freak out. She either has some sort of bite or scratch and is immune or she's having flashbacks to the Colony and Gatekeepers little physicals. My moneys on the bite theory though.
Well there's my initial two cents.

Luna Guardian
Apr 9th, 2012, 10:40 AM
she's having flashbacks to the Colony and Gatekeepers little physicals

Good theory, but the Gatekeeper swings the other way I believe. Wasn't that established by Vicky? Then again, he might be a sadistic asshat regardless of gender, so still a valid option. Good thinking

HardKor
Apr 9th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Good theory, but the Gatekeeper swings the other way I believe. Wasn't that established by Vicky? Then again, he might be a sadistic asshat regardless of gender, so still a valid option. Good thinking
Yeah I was thinking more along the lines of anyone who didn't pass the physical got taken outside and shot.

awkwardalex
Apr 9th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Something just occured to me. "Last Dying Breath" oxygen masks...and ground zero. Anyone see where i am going with these keywords?

Xando1213
Apr 9th, 2012, 11:11 AM
at about 20:38 there's an additional voice mixed in

I heard this too. Thought I was going crazy for a second. It sounds like Victor saying 6 o'clock.

Eviebae
Apr 9th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Excellent episode!

Safe house! Camera backup if they fail! I LOVE it! CJ's learning to factor catastrophic failure into her plans. I bet she's recording what they say between each other too. Maybe she's layered on some equipment to detect various fields and gasses...I wonder if there's a destruct device to avoid their having to suffer if they are about to die.

I think it was Nick who said she was poor on execution. Maybe it was her belief in the safety of order that caught her out. Once the house was strong enough, once they had enough supplies or she had enough control over her people--they'd all be safe. She got to a level that felt safe and stopped. But really, when can you stop?

Poor Tanya. My impression of the military is that they are about the group over the individual. I was afraid they'd shoot her right then and there.

Hoff4D
Apr 9th, 2012, 12:26 PM
So the Vic line at the end was a total mistake, not anything to be looked further into?...i must've rewound that 5 times trying to figure out what he said...oh well, all for naught

Kc
Apr 9th, 2012, 12:27 PM
So the Vic line at the end was a total mistake, not anything to be looked further into?...i must've rewound that 5 times trying to figure out what he said...oh well, all for naught

Correct. Could have been an export glitch. It's his last line repeated...

Leah
Apr 9th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Well, I keep thinking it's strange the zombies let Skunkan get away.... but remember: they also let Hope get away when she fell out of the other tower (and was left blind).
Perhaps Tanya found a cure and used it on herself, Saul and even Hope. We all know they were not happy with Hope at the colony..... perhaps she was infected?

Maybe a long shot but there must be a reason for the zombies to leave such an easy "meal" like Skunkan and Hope....

awkwardalex
Apr 9th, 2012, 01:04 PM
I am having trouble with the fact that they have choosen to not tell Hope. I feel like she has a right to know who shot Pippin right next to her. She has no idea it could be anyone with her, unless she is listening in again.

nikvoodoo
Apr 9th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Well, I keep thinking it's strange the zombies let Skunkan get away.... but remember: they also let Hope get away when she fell out of the other tower (and was left blind).
Perhaps Tanya found a cure and used it on herself, Saul and even Hope. We all know they were not happy with Hope at the colony..... perhaps she was infected?

Maybe a long shot but there must be a reason for the zombies to leave such an easy "meal" like Skunkan and Hope....

First: Welcome!

Second: I totally approve of you utilizing Skunkan. You rock! :D

Third: If I'm not mistaken, Sean found Hope quickly after her tumble from the window. So she wasn't alone for all that long.

Now....as to why exactly the zombies are leaving behind people like CJ and Skunkan.....uh......I got nothin'. Torture the living? It's weird because each encounter seems to have a different MO. Sometimes it's an all out assault, sometimes it's playing with their food, others it's a small scale assault, or being a P.I.M.P. and catching an arrow shot at your head....

Glob4lHaz4rd
Apr 9th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Does anyone else think that Gunny (Burt) isn't coming back? I'm losing hope here guys...

awkwardalex
Apr 9th, 2012, 01:22 PM
So I was going through the Unanswered Questions and realized something that slippen my mind: In Chapter 23 - 1 Michael encounters Randy who has been turned and tried to take Tanya alive.

This is another time Tanya could have come in contact with the...infection?... They checked her eyes but still restrained her just to be safe as she had some bad wounds.

Kc
Apr 9th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Third: If I'm not mistaken, Sean found Hope quickly after her tumble from the window. So she wasn't alone for all that long.

Correct. ****shuffles away.

Litmaster
Apr 9th, 2012, 02:01 PM
YAY! So we finally move the story out of reverse and start on some new material, the two main points being Tanya and GZ. So.... <br />
<br />
<br />
On Tanya's Freak-Out Session <br />
Props to awkwardalex and bray who...

zombiesurvivor
Apr 9th, 2012, 02:07 PM

Maybe

zombiesurvivor
Apr 9th, 2012, 02:08 PM
I was thinking that it could be that theory that Saul (and his mom) are immune to whatever this is. That burn she had way back when in the colony makes me think, maybe she was bit. I mean in the early stages of this outbreak I would not tell anyone I was bit, but normally you don't have anytime.

That is probably what happened

Cabbage Patch
Apr 9th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Let's assume that Riley and Tanya have been infected, but that neither has turned. That would certainly explain why the military hospital is unwilling to release Riley, and explain Tanya's fear about being examined (her memories of how Gatekeeper treated people with unexplained injuries weigh heavy on her mind).

My guess is that Riley didn't turn because she was drunk and the alcohol thwarted the infection. I am increasingly thinking, as has already been stated in this thread, that Tanya hasn't turned because she is immune.

Remember after The War when we were wondering if Saul was infected because he was hit by the same bullet that hit zombie Tommy? Maybe he was, and he was exposed, but he didn't turn because he's immune too. That could come into play when he and Victor approach Ground Zero. I could see Victor getting sick and having to be left behind, while Saul remains healthy and has to complete the mission on his own.

Nathan.Luiz
Apr 9th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Just listened to the episode, some original thoughts:

Love hearing about Ground Zero again, one of the things thats intrigued me most in the story, simply due to the minimal amount we know about it. I have to assume the title of the episode will have something to do with Ground Zero as it seems the only logical way it could fit in now.

Good to hear about how Kalani knew about Hannah, although there is still the chance it was just a random red-head at the exchange, so maybe Hannah is still alive.

Finally, for some reason I still refuse to go along with the Tanya/Saul immunity theory, even though it seems most logical (I mean, I refused to go along with Kalani being the rat until the bitter end). I think she is testing some kind of drug on herself and doesn't want anyone to see incase it goes wrong.

Vachara
Apr 9th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Did Lizy record that on her tape though? Saul did pick up her tape-journal ...

HardKor
Apr 9th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I just finished my second listen and I noticed something.
Saul mentioned that when ol' pinstripes broke in to The Tower and they shot him in the chest, they thought he might have been wearing a vest. I don't remember that being brought up before (although it has been a long time since that episode). Now I know that prisoners are often put in a bulletproof vest when being transported from court, so maybe we have another link that Pinstripes and Bill Roberts are one and the same. Of course I've never seen a prisoner being transported with a vest under his/her clothes before but its the only thing I can think of unless Pinstripes is just plain bulletproof.

Bray
Apr 9th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Can't wait to find out about Ground Zero either. I just can't begin to fathom what they might find. My guess would be some kind of zombie stronghold...but I think that's pretty slim, I'm not actually convinced they will find anything at all.

I hope Burt comes back...but he fell off a zip line...so still think he is dead :(

I'm also trying to think of reasons to get Michael et al to go back to LA. but I can't think of many...if the military would even let them.

Edit: re the vest;

Perhaps pinstripes has realised that they are losing too many and is kitting his most valuable zombies with body armour?

Fingers crossed for a zombie army with body armour and tanks and stuff haha

Hellbringer
Apr 9th, 2012, 03:06 PM
I was wondering about when Kalani was able to ditch his journal in the desk. Glad I'm not the only one. Heck, if he had time to do it, he should have had time to finish that ONE sentence. Oh dramatic suspense, how much I love to loathe you.

I'm not on board with the immunity theory... yet.

I wish Victor would've opened up more about the Colony to Chinwe but I know this isn't Dr. Phil and he's not into talking that much about that place. Maybe Chinwe will discover his journal and read it or something. Hey, maybe she found it in his backpack and she'll peruse it while the other two go to the suspected ground zero site.

Oh, and on cue, this place was on page 5 by the time I got to listen and chime in.

Kn1ckerb0cker33
Apr 9th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Can't wait to find out about Ground Zero either. I just can't begin to fathom what they might find. My guess would be some kind of zombie stronghold...but I think that's pretty slim, I'm not actually convinced they will find anything at all.

I hope Burt comes back...but he fell off a zip line...so still think he is dead :(

I doubt there will be a zombie stronghold, but perhaps they'll encounter some "zombies" while walking around in their scuba outfits which would put Saul and Victor in a severe disadvantage.

As for Burt, maybe he is dead, but whose to say he isn't UNDEAD, dun dun dun. :p

cupcakezombie
Apr 9th, 2012, 03:10 PM
I can't wait to see what CJ makes of the information about ground zero. Notice how she reacted to Victor saying he had never seen any special kinds further south. She was flicking between pages and putting two and two together. I think that she knows more about this than she is telling them. If she only knew about the location of ground zero she wouldn't need to flick between pages.

Litmaster
Apr 9th, 2012, 03:19 PM

I took a stab (back on January 30th) at the only way I could imagine Burt still being alive after falling off a zip line with this:

THE DANGLING BURT THEORY (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?2843-Chapter-26-quot-Who-Overcomes-quot-Part-1&p=33642&viewfull=1#post33642)

And here we are, 2 1/2 months later... still no answers. Yeah, thaaaaaanks a lot for that, Kc.
Ever been on hold for so long you just stop giving a shit?

nikvoodoo
Apr 9th, 2012, 03:39 PM
There are people holding onto that theory since august litm. aster....patience young blood

awkwardalex
Apr 9th, 2012, 03:57 PM
I'm a little bit worried for Vic(ky) and Saul. This title is Last Dying Breath, they are at ground zero in oxygen tanks. Im worried for Frick amd Frack.

Devilish Pizza
Apr 9th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Not so much of a theory, more of a comment:
I really liked how the sound of birds was exemplified in the back ground when Saul and Victor were getting their oxygen tanks.
When Pegs and Victor went through Inglewood for the first time, one thing that they realized was weird was that there were no bird noises. I Just love all the attention to detail that KC has.

not_infected
Apr 9th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Bulletproof vest! That makes so much more sense than waistcoat. And why Saul would notice that, or care.

Godsendunlimited
Apr 9th, 2012, 04:53 PM

He listened to the tape recorded log she had, remember? At the arena.

Z Sniper
Apr 9th, 2012, 05:46 PM
The suspense is killing me!!!

nikvoodoo
Apr 9th, 2012, 05:49 PM
The suspense is killing me!!!
You're aware this one comment could potentially set off a week's worth of speculation that Victor is about to die, right? You did this on purpose.......

awkwardalex
Apr 9th, 2012, 06:04 PM
You're aware this one comment could potentially set off a week's worth of speculation that Victor is about to die, right? You did this on purpose.......

But the question is who set of this speculation, the forum or kc?

I just pictur eus all freaking out about stuff that may never come to pass and KC giggling about how insane he has made us.

Z Sniper
Apr 9th, 2012, 06:04 PM
I'm gonna die????!!!! Goddamn it,....i wish people would tell me these things!

Osiris
Apr 9th, 2012, 06:13 PM
God DAMN... Tanya got freaky there. Maybe she really, really doesn't want to be a guinea pig for 'them'. Good episode though. I miss Burt. :fuckingsadface:

Kc
Apr 9th, 2012, 06:18 PM
I'm gonna die????!!!! Goddamn it,....i wish people would tell me these things!

Hee hee hee.... *giggling in corner.

Z Sniper
Apr 9th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Hee hee hee.... *giggling in corner.

You are evil,.......*crying in corner.

awkwardalex
Apr 9th, 2012, 06:44 PM
I knew it.

Cabbage Patch
Apr 9th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Chinwe: "Saul, yours is the blue one in there, Victor, yellow..." So I guess that makes the guy in the chapter image Saul, since he has a blue tank.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 9th, 2012, 08:56 PM
I can't wait to see what CJ makes of the information about ground zero. Notice how she reacted to Victor saying he had never seen any special kinds further south. She was flicking between pages and putting two and two together. I think that she knows more about this than she is telling them. If she only knew about the location of ground zero she wouldn't need to flick between pages.

I think CJ is taking notes, rustling the map and calculating how much of her supplies she can spare while asking Saul and Victor about where they've seen special zombies. Her reaction is probably due to her suspecting that the further away from Ground Zero the fewer weird zombies.

werewolf
Apr 9th, 2012, 09:14 PM
sounds like Tanya is having flashbacks when she was taken down south. Maybe she was raped.

wh33t
Apr 9th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Kc, I can't begin to compliment you enough man. We're Alive has really brought a new perspective to me on what art is and can be. I would have never figured an Audio Drama could be so incredible and to think you give it away for free. Many blessings to you and the crew man.

Amazing episode. I felt like I was listening to We're Alive for the first time again. Such a rich episode! I am happy to have the Kalani story over, it was a great story though and from reading around on the forums I pretty much knew it already, although I didn't have any clue that Bill and Kalani had an agreement.

I've been reading this thread so far, and the immunity theory seems very interesting. Could be plausible I'd say. Tanya is a "vet" after all and she has said on occasion that she believes Zombies have more in relationship to animals than humans. Riley has also remarked on the drooling and dripping by the Zombies being closely related to dogs (during the experiment with the sweat jars). So who knows, perhaps Tanya knows a bit more about the Zombies than she's lead on.

I also kind of wondered when Tanya was freaking out if she was somehow trying to get a message across to Michael, like a warning. Like she wanted Michael, Pegs and Kelly to wonder why she had made such a big deal about it...

As for Ground Zero, very cool. I do believe the Oxygen tanks will be allow them to roam around the area safely. Somehow I've just always thought it was about the air, the way Victor was choking and such, the way Pegs got all nauseated etc. Interesting to note the image of this Chapter is Saul (with the blue tank, thank you to the person who pointed this out) and he's carrying his SAW over his shoulder. That doesn't seem like a good way to hold a gun if you are going into unknown territory ...

I think CJ is rad. I love her sense of independence and I also think I recognize a fear of being close to people. I sometimes wonder too if she is like some military dudes daughter or something. She seems to be rather well rounded in terms of skill, combat and weapons (like when she has Saul about his gun). Where did she get these kinds of skills? It can't all be from "anything" for dummies kinds of books.

I'm totally glued to We're Alive again.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 9th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Tanya Tanya Tanya. You never get to finish a sentence when you're about to bring up an important point or question (Trying to share thoughts on the animal traits of the zombies with Michael in 22 part 2. Or Hinting that there is something in the journals that might help explain some of the zombies' behavior.) Will we ever get to know what you were trying to tell Michael...uh... us about your zombie theories? Were you giving yourself doses of Vancomycin or Clindamycin. Did you get info on zombie treatment from http://www.zombieworldnews.com/archives/medical/medicalmain.htm Are you really that cranky or is that a slow-turning zombie-tude?

awkwardalex
Apr 10th, 2012, 12:43 AM
Tanya Tanya Tanya. You never get to finish a sentence when you're about to bring up an important point or question (Trying to share thoughts on the animal traits of the zombies with Michael in 22 part 2. Or Hinting that there is something in the journals that might help explain some of the zombies' behavior.) Will we ever get to know what you were trying to tell Michael...uh... us about your zombie theories? Were you giving yourself doses of Vancomycin or Clindamycin. Did you get info on zombie treatment from http://www.zombieworldnews.com/archives/medical/medicalmain.htm Are you really that cranky or is that a slow-turning zombie-tude?

Ooh thats right i looked up sauls medication, you can get some bad reactions from that stuff hence it being "last resort"

clem131
Apr 10th, 2012, 03:02 AM
I subscribe to the "immune Tanya" theory. Maybe she was bitten by the slow turning guinea pig they had at the Colony, and that would explain also her interest in studying the creatures and her panic when she's about to be exposed.
I also enjoyed Chinwe's lines about the oxygen: "You have 25 minutes to go in and 25 to get out".
Might as well said "You have one episode to go in, cliffhanger, then another episode to get out." :D

Grognaurd
Apr 10th, 2012, 06:08 AM
When Tanya meets Michael at the colony, he references a bandage on Tanya's Arm. She says, oh it is nothing and you will find almost everyone around here has cuts and bruises or some such thing.

Or, something like that. So, she as a wound of unknown origin when we first her.
Tanya says that she knows of "slow turners" and that the patient she was studying was euthanized before the infection went that for. She also tells us that Marcus did not allow any more experimentation.

I think it is the Proverbial, curiosity killed the cat. Tanya got infected getting too close to the experimental subject.

======================================

The episodes mention scuba gear and it could work as an airsupply. But, the mask shown in the picture is not a SCUBA mask. That mask is only good for land use. This mask does not allow the "pinching" of nose to facilitate pressure equilization and if the mouth is in the same space as the nose, the mask will fogg up. I can go into more detail if anyone is interested.

======================================

Pegs says she would not have killed... ...Him.

I believe that pause is important. My guess is she does not want to say "John" and is playing dumb. The panic of her dream is more of a function of John not being laid to rest (Where am I? Where am I?!) rather than her shooting and killing him.

===================================

I find kelly humorous. She does not like the way Kalani used her. But, here is a flashback

Hey, Noobie, can I buy you a drink.

Ah, no, I do not drink

Wanna Dance?

That I can do

cut away / cut back

Put your hands here..

ah alright.

I probably do not have the proper quotes, but that is the gist of it. To that I will also add, when they land in the chopper, I think kelly says to Tanya or Pegs, Maybe I can get laid again or something like that.

As long as I am poking fun at Kelly in a good natured way. Revist the morning that they lose the water. Datu say something like, Kelly told me, she was in the shower. Michael, I have seen some scarry things in my life, but her like that... We have to remember that Datu is the same dude that says, I have handled worse, we he is cleaning up the dead zombies.

UndeadSweeper
Apr 10th, 2012, 07:38 AM
I'm a little bit worried for Vic(ky) and Saul. This title is Last Dying Breath, they are at ground zero in oxygen tanks. Im worried for Frick amd Frack.

What if it's Tanya last breath?

UndeadSweeper
Apr 10th, 2012, 07:45 AM
You are evil,.......*crying in corner.

Funny, I would think that something Datu would said not Vic. :)

Adventureless_Hero
Apr 10th, 2012, 09:05 AM
I am having trouble with the fact that they have choosen to not tell Hope. I feel like she has a right to know who shot Pippin right next to her. She has no idea it could be anyone with her, unless she is listening in again.

I like everything everyone here is speculating. I think there are a lot of good ideas as to what could be wrong with Tanya (though my guess it is nothing at all, other than she is worried they will misdiagnose those scratches on her back and assume she is turning).

But I wanted to quote awkwardalex concern. I couldn't help but feel that not telling Hope about Kalani's journal is a mistake as she might be able to shed one small, minute detail on it all. I understand the group is willing to spare her those terrible memories but you never know what someone else might have to say. Maybe someone will let it slip in her presence and she'll put something together that will make us all feel like we were the blind ones. :p

I enjoyed hearing the groups reaction to Kalani's journal. After reading the responses in the Chapter 28-1 thread, you'll notice a lot of them mirror the reactions of Michael's group. We all reacted very much like the group did!

AtomicHamster
Apr 10th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Hello,

I am a totally new forum member! and I want to throw in my speculation on GROUND ZERO as well.

I think Saul and Vic will find the Alien Scout Ship that landed there. It then unleashed the virus to rid the planet of all human life so the aliens could have the planet's resources without having to fight a costly war when the rest of the aliens arrive. The Scout ship's defense is to suck all of the oxygen out of the surrounding area so the human's could not get near it. I further predict that Season 4 will be about Michael and company repelling the alien invasion.

As for Burt and Angel, I thing they are both alive. I think that Burt did a George of the Jungle swing into a mattress or couch. He was hurt but alive. I then think that Angel used the zipline harness to repell down the zipline on the outside of the tower and got close to the ground before the tower collapsed hurting him critically. I think that Scratch has them both because of the ending of chapter 24.

So says the Mighty Atomic Hamster

Ray
Apr 10th, 2012, 12:39 PM
I'm thinking the last dying breath will be from running out of air in their tanks. Victor, while a good dude and I really like him, is expendable to the main storyline. He saved Michael, Pegs and Kelly but isn't a main character. So far all the main characters are still alive and the extras have been killed, or replaced by a new side character. The only guess I have is that they go into that area, get ambushed or snagged on something, Victor panics and runs out of air. Saul being experienced in combat, even with his emotional swings, will probably remain calmer and get out of there without suffocating. I hope Victor makes it, but that's my theory.

Also, Tanya has been acting sickly lately. She was talking about being cold and wearing a jacket or some such. She's got something and is not wanting anyone to know.

Adventureless_Hero
Apr 10th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Two things I was thinking while listening a second time: 1) It's possible that the bullets fired into Pin Stripes didn't pierce his skin. Not because he was wearing a bullet proof vest, but what if he his skin and/or bones are as hard as a Behemoths? 2) When Victor mentions that he was at a place about 30 miles South, CJ says, "Really?" but in a way that seems to be more concerned about the distance and direction above all else. Did Shaun get in contact with her while he was at the Colony?

jayhel
Apr 10th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Long time listener, new to the forum. I'm so totally torn between theories I had to start contributing!

I find it hard to believe that the Gatemaster would have allowed Tanya to stay in the colony with a possible infection. I believe her injury was more likely due to the abusive/ slave labor thing they had going on. They didn't exactly treat her so great. Why else would she leave into the unknown so willingly? If it were me, and I was the "doctor" at a shitty yet protected community I wouldn't leave with some random people so easily. Just saying. However, because she is more knowledgeable about the characteristics of the zombie-disease she's clearly harboring some information about it that she not ready to share. Wouldn't it be great if Hope was somehow the test subject and that's why she protects her so ferociously? Can "Hope" be the key? Anyway, I don't think it's Tanya's last breath because she just reunited with her son and hasn't met Lizzy yet. Could the Gods be so cruel to Saul?

Someone on the forum mentioned how "weak" Chinwe's survivor group was despite their accommodations. I have to agree. All their preparedness did not matter when the shit hit the fan. While during the attempted Tower siege, that group held together with bare resources. How bad ass will it be when both "leaders" combine? I'm feeling wh33t's suggestion that perhaps she's a military brat. It would be fitting since Michael and co. are at a base and there seems to be a lot of 7 degrees of separation going around.

I'm still holding on to hope that Burt is alive or we get a flashback of a more hardcore death. If he's going out, give him more than the cable snapping and him plummeting to his death.

And with all due respect, yea Kalani started some serious sabotage and drama but how is that different than Saul's Rambo missions that have gone bad? He has lacked serious regard for the group as a whole for his own selfish motives. Kalani had selfish motives as well, his child! It just so happens that Saul situations clean up nicer. Just saying, Kalani tried his best to ammend his deeds in the end.

Natagora
Apr 10th, 2012, 04:33 PM
I fuckin' love this podcast.

wh33t
Apr 10th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Someone on the forum mentioned how "weak" Chinwe's survivor group was despite their accommodations. I have to agree. All their preparedness did not matter when the shit hit the fan. While during the attempted Tower siege, that group held together with bare resources.

I gotta say I don't think Chinwe's group was weak. If anything they were stronger, more organized and better equipped. The reason all their shit fell apart was that no one was able to get away from the building due to the concreted balconies and ground exits. We've got to realize that Ink is a sneaky SOB, he made his way into the tower as well and if it wasn't for the Tower crew showing up they would have all been dispatched with just as much ease.

However, you still can't deny that four (Burt counts too!) military minds are better than one "diy" jack of all trades (plus perhaps she has some non-official training).

I fuckin' love this podcast.

^^ this

sailorangel59
Apr 10th, 2012, 07:34 PM
I believe that Tanya is suffering some sort of PTSD, and the military personal asking for the tower group to come with them for physicals activated a bad memory for her. We don't know much about what happened between the day of the event and when she was introduced. Anything could've happened to her before the colony, at the colony, etc. So something very minor could bring back a flood of bad memories, like in the case of any person who went through a traumatic event.

I am going to back away from the idea that she is infected, because she has been around too long since the Randy incident to have not turned, but I can see the side of the argument where Saul is immune to the virus, maybe his Mother is as well.

On a different note, I have a feeling Victor (Vickie) is done for, just a theory/fear that Victors oxygen tank/equipment is not attached right.

GeneTwo
Apr 10th, 2012, 07:44 PM
I dont know why people are putting the WA tower on a pedestal. <br />
<br />
Michael's Tower: The group bonded together, sacrificing themselves and cooperating in order to keep the family alive and together. <br />

Wheaticus Rex
Apr 10th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Greetings all,

Just some thought's in response to this episodes comments, I haven't gone back to look at old threads to see if they've been addressed previously there...

1. So I was kind of drunk when listening to C.J.'s opening episodes and I'm going to roll in Skunkan into this as well.

-If we assume that Ink is the center of all of this, we know that he was at a mental institution, as quickly as Skunkan cracked who's to say he wasn't there with Ink, maybe there was a fond connection, even psycho's like people sometimes. C.J. could be a detective associated with the capture of Ink, and Ink 'crushed' on her. I think Hope was rescued and not left alone.

2. Tanya and Saul's immunity...

-So it was suggested why would the Gatekeeper let Tanya stay with the physicals and all. If you think about it, the physicals are only given when you ENTER the community. Once they learned they had a doctor, there would be zero chance they would ever let her leave the gates, so the gatekeeper would never see her again in that manner. If she were bitten by the test subject then she could hide it and no one would ever know.

3. Pinstripes and the bulletproof vest...

-Why would anyone not think that Pinstripes wasn't a zombie? Not even that, after knowing that zombies 'drop like rocks' when shot in the head, why not address every kill on any person as a head shot? A shot to the chest... would it have stopped a normal zombie? I think they just got sloppy.

4. Artwork and the M249.

-I would imagine that if Saul throws the SAW over his shoulder, he's not holding it by the barrel, he'd be holding it by the butt-stock or pistol-grip. Either of these method's would allow for easy swing down and set up for use, even massively inaccurate hip-firing. The artwork is just bad.

Just my two cents.

sailorangel59
Apr 10th, 2012, 07:47 PM
I dont know why people are putting the WA tower on a pedestal.

[INDENT][INDENT]Michael's Tower: Why does everyone forget about Burt abandoning the tower and the person that saved his life (twice) and kicking out LIzzy.

To be fair, Burt didn't kick Lizzy out, she kicked her self out under the guise Burt was doing it.

GeneTwo
Apr 10th, 2012, 07:51 PM
To be fair, Burt didn't kick Lizzy out, she kicked her self out under the guise Burt was doing it.

Thats my point, Kelly and then Steven pointed out that there was a "click" in the leadership.

nikvoodoo
Apr 10th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Thats my point, Kelly and then Steven pointed out that there was a "click" in the leadership.

I'm pretty sure Kelly pointed it out far earlier than Steven ever did. The red shirts of the Tower had to realize early on there was a social/leadership pecking order and they were not really a part of it.

Their tower wasn't perfect, but as we've seen thus far no living situation is perfect in this story: The Mallers lived in a strip mall which was full of piss poor defenses, the Other Tower despite it's advanced security fell faster than any other group we know of, The Colony is all great and wonderful so long as you drink this Kool-aid and don't mind an authoritarian dictator at the helm, and we don't quite know enough about Ft. Irwin yet to really understand what that situation is like. The Tower, despite all it's flaws, held up pretty damn well under the circumstances.....

......with a lot of luck of course.

GeneTwo
Apr 10th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Pinstripe thinks CJ is a better leader than Michael.

Pinstripe had to thin CJ's troops down before the main attack. Pinstripe had to take CJ's tower with dozens of zombies maybe hundreds.

How many troops did Pinstripe need to take the WA tower. Just one.

I wouldn't use which tower fell as proof of leadership. CJ's tower is still standing (literally).

I think everyone has the rolls reversed. CJ is the commander to Michael's Sergent. Michael even admits this. Michael is the day to day leader. CJ sees the bigger picture. Think back to when Michael was explaining the chain of command. Whenever the group gets back together I could see CJ and Michael fighting over leadership but in the end CJ as the leader.

Pikepaw
Apr 10th, 2012, 09:49 PM
First I will speak of my thoughts on the bulletproof vest theory. First, these aren't your typical zombies from other media, they are very unique. We have no proof they rise from the dead, a better termed would really be "infected" for them. Burt shot the Jumper in the chest and it died. There are several other incidents where they had to have been shot in the center mass and still dropped. It is just that head shots kill them for sure, and quicker. Enough trauma to the heart will still kill these zombies, since you when you let loose with a full automatic, you can't reliably get headshots all the time. Also in the live We're Not Dead, KC did confirm that you don't have to shoot these zombies in the head to kill them, though it is nice if you do.

So it is reasonable to try and find multiple reasons why Pimpass got up so easily after being shot. Maybe he did have a vest, which if I understand bulletproof vests correctly, are not as effective against knives. When Saul brandishes his blade, Pimps high tails it. Of course that might be because Saul would have gone for his eye or throat as well. When Michael describes Pimpass getting up, he notes two burnt holes in his shirt. No blood, and it wasn't holes in the chest, it was hole in the shirt. Sounds like a vest to me. But I will also accept this arrow catching fiend is just that tough. By the way, ability to catch an arrow on the fly is inhuman...creeps me out every time I think about it.

Just need to put in my two cents about Tanya. Nikvoodoo can go to the penny store again. My very first coherent thoughts were that she has some wounds from Randy, it is the only source which makes sense to me. The colony is too long ago in my mind. But Randy is recent enough that Tanya might be a slow turner. She never mentioned how long it takes for one of those to turn. However, considering how long they were away from Saul, most of guess it is at least a week to turn slowly. If Tanya is a slow turner, only she would be sure of the signs. Also the infection might be messing with her mind. Remember Tommy, just before he turned, became a real dick, trying to shove off Lizzy who was only trying to help. I do find it strange though if Randy did infect Tanya. She was chained to the bed right afterwards and one would assume they checked her over. But there was also not a real conclusion to that, just a line from Michael in Chapter 24 that she is up and working.

Only other explanation that I find reasonable is that Tanya's burn is suspicious. I can't think of why she would be apprehensive about showing it though. Yet this is a guy who shows off his scars, so it is a different mindset. I will say, if Tanya turns in a zombie, it will very depressing when Saul meets up with the main group again...and we thought he was mad when Lizzie was taken, this is his mamma!

wh33t
Apr 10th, 2012, 10:15 PM
I hope Victor doesn't die. That does seem plausible now. Damn, I really liked him from the beginning.

Cabbage Patch
Apr 10th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Think positive. Saul lives. Victor lives. The last dying breath is Pinstripes, courtesy of all the ammo so kindly donated by CJ.

wh33t
Apr 10th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Think positive. Saul lives. Victor lives. The last dying breath is Pinstripes, courtesy of all the ammo so kindly donated by CJ.

It would be sweet if Scratch died... although I'm not sure if there would be much of an antagonist left. How could we factor that in with the clues we know today!

Perhaps the term "Last dying breath" is referring to the perseverance that Michaels crew has left. Can you imagine the whole Fort Irwin thing turning out to be ANOTHER shit show?

Matt Gossett
Apr 11th, 2012, 01:29 AM
I've been a lurker on the forums for awhile and everybody usually talks about what I'm thinking about, but one thing is bothering me. The part where Michael mentions he told kalani about the red headed girl and kalani got upset makes sense, but then who is the other tower member that scratch says she has if Hanna is dead?

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Apr 11th, 2012, 06:04 AM
I so soo wanted to hit the frigg'n &quot;Like&quot; button on this, but..... alas, there is no such beast. <br />
I agree with your assessment of CJ and it reflects my own thoughts on her leadership style.

awkwardalex
Apr 11th, 2012, 07:40 AM
First, thank you i feel special! <br />
<br />
Second, nice prediction skills i totally agree about chinwe ( <br />
Look out nikvoodoo you may be out of a.job ;) )

Jeebogs
Apr 11th, 2012, 08:50 AM
...........damn, if she was my wife, we'd have all the laundry ironed and folded, the closets organized by size, color, and season, the cereal boxes alphabetized, etc. This is truly an amazing quality, but...

And chained to the sink presumably?

If we lived in the 1950's maybe.

I also enjoyed Chinwe's lines about the oxygen: "You have 25 minutes to go in and 25 to get out".
Might as well said "You have one episode to go in, cliffhanger, then another episode to get out." :D

Like it!

Right, I'm liking the Tanya infected/immune theory. Leaning more towards the immune - just because I don't want her to die.

Last dying breath? Hmm, it does rather sound as though Viki or Saul are going to be running out of gas, but it just seems a bit too obvious.
Although I have a feeling CJ has done this before. She seems too prepared.
"Uh, yeah, I know how much gas there is, cos, um, I like, tested it while you were sleeping yeah."
She has a camera feed 'in case' they don't make it back.
She has a safe house in that very street that she'll be waiting in them for.....
Hmmmmmm. Itchy chin.

What's the odds on 'the scuba two' coming across a few (too many) other gullible guys wearing scuba gear on their journey to the centre of the zone?

clem131
Apr 11th, 2012, 09:36 AM
I think we have the record of coming out of lurking, so far.

jayhel
Apr 11th, 2012, 10:02 AM
At this point in the game, they should all have PTSD! While I'm sure Tanya saw some brutal things at the colony, I can't imagine her freak out to be purely fueled by those experiences. Especially knowing how hard refuge was to come by. After reading more of your posts, I'm totally believing her immunity to the infection. Perhaps her freak out was related more to the fact that the base would become aware of her immunity and in turn make her the guinea pig.

Then again, a person hiding their infection from others would be more careful about dropping certain information, like the fact that she was cold. I think they would go above and beyond to ensure everyone believed in their fitness.

awkwardalex
Apr 11th, 2012, 10:38 AM
At this point in the game, they should all have PTSD! While I'm sure Tanya saw some brutal things at the colony, I can't imagine her freak out to be purely fueled by those experiences. Especially knowing how hard refuge was to come by. After reading more of your posts, I'm totally believing her immunity to the infection. Perhaps her freak out was related more to the fact that the base would become aware of her immunity and in turn make her the guinea pig.

Then again, a person hiding their infection from others would be more careful about dropping certain information, like the fact that she was cold. I think they would go above and beyond to ensure everyone believed in their fitness.

Hmm that could be true, but i respectfully speculate a different option.

All we know about "the infection" is that it (except for.that one dude) changes within minutes, not enough time to learn of any symptoms if any. Now lets say that that one dude, said that he was cold. One person is not enough to assume a symptom.

Where am i going with this? Tanya being a "medical profesional" would now that if this guy said he was cold itcould or couldnot be a symptom.
Leading me to believe that she wouldnt have thought much of being cold. Now if she had five or more she may have concluded that this was a symptom, and kept her chill to herself.

But knowing KC we could very well be over reacting while he giggles in his corner.

IamPaul
Apr 11th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Great episode. I feel that Tanya is infected. She has never acted this crazy before. She did get taken by a herd of walkers, maybe something happened and she is having a slow turn. I am going to guess Chinwe dies. Saul and Victor do not return right away, she goes to look for them, s happens, She dies.

GeneTwo
Apr 11th, 2012, 02:22 PM
What!!! CJ is a way better leader! From what we have seen of her so far she is level headed. She is careful, a planner, a good fighter and best of all she can choke a b*tch out. Apologies to the Saul fan boys and fan girls out there.

wh33t
Apr 11th, 2012, 03:03 PM
I'm also gonna go ahead and guess that CJ has planted all kinds of wicked nifty equipment in Saul and Victor's bags. I'm guessing a geiger counter, gps tracker, audio recorder (possibly), radio (in case she wants to talk to them), perhaps some other unknown gadgetry as well. Any one else have any other ideas as to what kinds of gear would be useful out there? I specifically think there is a GPS tracker in their bags. We know from personal experience that GPS is still up and running. I think it's definitely plausible she has some kind of laptop set up that can track Saul and Victor's movements.

Hellbringer
Apr 11th, 2012, 03:07 PM
I specifically think there is a GPS tracker in their bags. We know from personal experience that GPS is still up and running. I think it's definitely plausible she has some kind of laptop set up that can track Saul and Victor's movements.

Man, you got me thinking about the GPS thing now. I pretty much don't leave home without a Garmin of some sort near me. I've grown used to using one and how they work. If a zombie apocalypse were to ever happen, you can bet I would be marking points of interest on my GPS for reference.

wh33t
Apr 11th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Man, you got me thinking about the GPS thing now. I pretty much don't leave home without a Garmin of some sort near me. I've grown used to using one and how they work. If a zombie apocalypse were to ever happen, you can bet I would be marking points of interest on my GPS for reference.

Same here. The GPS (true gps, not that internet gps sh*t) chip I have in my phone is always on to. I love being able to track the distances I go.

What I really want to know is how the hell does CJ come to know all of this information? Was she like a secret agent or something?!

Laura
Apr 11th, 2012, 04:56 PM
For the longest time, I wanted to think CJ was just innocent and scared, but now I don't know... she seems quite suspicious here. Where's she getting all her information?

As for Tanya, I'll be surprised if it's anything BUT a bite/infection!

Wheaticus Rex
Apr 11th, 2012, 05:40 PM
GPS over time becomes inaccurate if the 4 monitoring stations aren't communicating with the satellites, granted I'm not sure how much error would exist over the period of time that all of this has been going on but I don't know if I would rely on GPS all that much anymore.

Ray
Apr 11th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Shame that a cell phone like an iPhone would be useless for GPS navigation in something like this. My 4S can get a cold fix in less than 5 seconds whereas my TT takes like 2:30 on a good day. You'd...

Wheaticus Rex
Apr 11th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Maps are great, but one thing you could use your iPhone for is a compass, there are some very good apps out there. If you had one of those solar maps you could keep your phone charged, of course...

Ray
Apr 11th, 2012, 06:24 PM
That's true, the compass function would be very useful. I would probably use it for that, but as a tracking device it's pretty crappy since it needs a data connection for the maps. Having a paper map...

Ray
Apr 11th, 2012, 06:26 PM
One thing I would do if I were either Saul or Victor is to have at minimum two time keeping devices. A simple $5 wristwatch for the both of them would be good for the air tanks situation, have them both start their watches at the exact same time so if they became separated they wouldn't have to rely on the other to keep an eye on their supply time.

Phantom
Apr 11th, 2012, 07:06 PM
ok i think Saul and Vicki well be fine. the title was "last dying breath" and its too obvious for them too die. its Tanya's last breath. she was bitten/scratched back at the tower. now remember when she was talking about treating an infected person which was taking a long time to change over. well what if she is treating herself with the same drugs. she freaked out when they came to take her cause she knew they would find the bite/scratch and not care that she is treating it. so she will either be shot on the spot or denied the drugs she needs and turn. whatever happens it will be her last breath. the question is what will Michael do about it?

awkwardalex
Apr 11th, 2012, 07:33 PM
I'm also gonna go ahead and guess that CJ has planted all kinds of wicked nifty equipment in Saul and Victor's bags. I'm guessing a geiger counter, gps tracker, audio recorder (possibly), radio (in case she wants to talk to them), perhaps some other unknown gadgetry as well. Any one else have any other ideas as to what kinds of gear would be useful out there? I specifically think there is a GPS tracker in their bags. We know from personal experience that GPS is still up and running. I think it's definitely plausible she has some kind of laptop set up that can track Saul and Victor's movements.
I think that sh emay have alot of goodies in their, all good for saul and vicky IDK

AtomicHamster
Apr 11th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Here are my serious thoughts about Ground Zero.

In Chapter 7 part 3 Michael makes homemade chloroform and uses it to knock out some Biters so they could be tagged with locators. The Chloroform did not work as well as it was suppose to but did work for a short time. This implies to me that the zombies breath to a certain degree. If this is the case then it stands to reason that if the air at Ground Zero is so bad then there also should not be very few if any zombies there since they could not breath there either.

To recap: bad air at ground zero makes me think that there may not be any zombies there.

Bad thought: Maybe there is another kind of special zombie we have not meet yet that just lives at ground zero. Scary thought!

The Might Atomic Hamster has spoken

awkwardalex
Apr 11th, 2012, 07:59 PM

In Chapter 7 part 3 Michael makes homemade chloroform and uses it to knock out some Biters so they could be tagged with locators. The Chloroform did not work as well as it was suppose to but did work for a short time. This implies to me that the zombies breath to a certain degree. If this is the case then it stands to reason that if the air at Ground Zero is so bad then there also should not be very few if any zombies there since they could not breath there either.

To recap: bad air at ground zero makes me think that there may not be any zombies there.

Bad thought: Maybe there is another kind of special zombie we have not meet yet that just lives at ground zero. Scary thought!

NICE!!!
Nice deducting i think you may be on to something hamster.

Condor
Apr 11th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Regarding Tanya's freak-out:
I was actually thinking she was infected a couple parts back when she mentioned being cold and was acting a little weird and to me the freak-out possibly confirms it.
When Michael first meets her, he mentions the bandage and she passes it off as nothing. Perhaps she was bitten or scratched by the slow-turner. Then she's drug off by "Randy" she does get scratches on her back. Were they zombie scratches or road-rash? Then the somewhat erratic behavior and coldness threw up a red flag and finally the freak-out, Bingo.
Also, if she was infected at the colony, maybe she was treating herself with the antibiotics that she gave Saul. Without the antibiotics, the infection slowly started taking over. What mom wouldn't risk her own life to save her son?

The episodes mention scuba gear and it could work as an airsupply. But, the mask shown in the picture is not a SCUBA mask. That mask is only good for land use. This mask does not allow the "pinching" of nose to facilitate pressure equilization and if the mouth is in the same space as the nose, the mask will fogg up. I can go into more detail if anyone is interested.
There are full face scuba masks, but I believe you are correct, the one pictured isn't for scuba. It looks more like something a firefighter would wear. Also, it's not always necessary to "pinch" the nose to equalize pressure, but fogging would certainly be a problem.

3. Pinstripes and the bulletproof vest...

-Why would anyone not think that Pinstripes wasn't a zombie? Not even that, after knowing that zombies 'drop like rocks' when shot in the head, why not address every kill on any person as a head shot? A shot to the chest... would it have stopped a normal zombie? I think they just got sloppy.My theory is Pinstripes/Ink is so bat-shit crazy that not only does he think he's a zombie, but he is also convincing enough to fool the other zombies.
Head shots aren't as easy to make as body shots.

"start the clock" :rolleyes:

reaper239
Apr 12th, 2012, 03:45 AM
KC established in the past that body shots will take out zed like any normal person. except behemoths, which apparently can take a .50 BMG to the chest.

DeeKay86
Apr 12th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Another EPIC episode!!

UndeadSweeper
Apr 12th, 2012, 06:50 AM

Maybe it like I'm Legend. Where some of the vampire infected were still living and other were dead. That could account for the breathing.

nikvoodoo
Apr 12th, 2012, 07:03 AM
KC established in the past that body shots will take out zed like any normal person. except behemoths, which apparently can take a .50 BMG to the chest.

I think we've seen regular old zombies take shots to the chest and survive it. I know we've seen traumatic and dramatic shots to the chest (see: Jumper asploding from a shot gun blast) take them out. But I'm pretty sure single shots to the chest are survivable for them.

Grognaurd
Apr 12th, 2012, 10:23 AM
I'm pretty sure single shots to the chest are survivable for them.

Chest Wounds Suck!

HAH, I kill me...

wh33t
Apr 12th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Maybe it like I'm Legend. Where some of the vampire infected were still living and other were dead. That could account for the breathing.

What Vampire what? In "I am Legend?"

Cabbage Patch
Apr 12th, 2012, 12:59 PM
"I Am Legend" has been through several iterations, and the antagonists were only zombie-like in the latest, Will Smith version. In the original "I Am Legend" short story and the Vincent Price movie "the Last Man on Earth" the antagonists were vampires, while the Charlton Hestin version, "Omega Man", featured things that were like vampires but without the bloodsucking.

jayhel
Apr 12th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Hamster, you rule right now with your theory! The plot thickens!

wh33t
Apr 12th, 2012, 06:16 PM
"I Am Legend" has been through several iterations, and the antagonists were only zombie-like in the latest, Will Smith version. In the original "I Am Legend" short story and the Vincent Price movie "the Last Man on Earth" the antagonists were vampires, while the Charlton Hestin version, "Omega Man", featured things that were like vampires but without the bloodsucking.

Very interesting. I didn't know that. Thank you for clarifying.

Eviebae
Apr 12th, 2012, 09:26 PM
I'm betting on Tanya having a drug problem to deal with the stress of it all. Addicts wear long sleeves in warm weather to cover their arms. Her and Riley have booth had to be strong for a long time with no one to lean on.

or both, your choice

zombie19
Apr 13th, 2012, 06:32 AM
I think he found out about them through Lizzy's tape he found at the arena. I was just listening to the Britt discuss this on her We're Not Dead show.

zombie19
Apr 13th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Interesting... Do you think she burned herself to cover up the bite?

nikvoodoo
Apr 13th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Interesting... Do you think she burned herself to cover up the bite?

If you're answering someone else's query or answering a theory (poet, know it) it's helpful to use the "reply with quote" button on their response. That way we know exactly who you're responding to. Especially if you're responding to something a couple pages back.

But welcome my fellow Upstate New Yorker!! Despite my NYC home, Upstate is always home to me. It's also good to know the constant Pimping of the forum on WND has brought at least one person in! :)

zombie19
Apr 13th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Thanks. I'm new at this. Just listened to you and Britt yesterday. Still catching up on old We're Not Dead podcasts.
If you're answering someone else's query or answering a theory (poet, know it) it's helpful to use the "reply with quote" button on their response. That way we know exactly who you're responding to. Especially if you're responding to something a couple pages back.

But welcome my fellow Upstate New Yorker!! Despite my NYC home, Upstate is always home to me. It's also good to know the constant Pimping of the forum on WND has brought at least one person in! :)

nikvoodoo
Apr 13th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Thanks. I'm new at this. Just listened to you and Britt yesterday. Still catching up on old We're Not Dead podcasts.

Just like that my friend. :) It helps everyone keep track of the conversations.

Especially if you get to the point you're arguing with someone about something. Having their quote there to directly respond to is helpful.

Glad you like WND! This week's episode is gonna be fun!

Zombiphobe
Apr 13th, 2012, 08:29 AM
I am a little worried about Saul and Victor using scuba gear to get to Ground Zero. Yes it was hard to breathe in that area, but didn't they say it had nothing to do with the air?

I think it's a good precaution, but I wouldn't be surprised if they get there and find that they are still having trouble breathing.

UndeadSweeper
Apr 13th, 2012, 08:56 AM
I am a little worried about Saul and Victor using scuba gear to get to Ground Zero. Yes it was hard to breathe in that area, but didn't they say it had nothing to do with the air?

I think it's a good precaution, but I wouldn't be surprised if they get there and find that they are still having trouble breathing.

Hmm, We did hear birds in the area, did we? Maybe it zombie-free. Or they could brought zombie cat to test the air :-/

fridginators
Apr 13th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Really cool episode on the whole, I very much liked how the group reacted to Kalani - like someone said before, it's quite like our reactions here on the forum: Michael responding maturely by stating that he's shocked but that it doesn't change anything, Datu taking the betrayal the hardest, Kelly responding with bitter anger, Pegs feeling hurt and shocked and Tanya being somewhat more resigned.

I did somewhat expect the "Tanya's got something wrong with her" storyline to pop up, mainly because it's being constantly mentioned on WND, but for good reason, we've been given several clues about this:

Tanya's "burn" or otherwise bandaged arm that Michael inquired about when first being treated by her
Her kidnapping by Randy, which cannot have been completely inconsequential, unless it was simply to bring up Randy again. However, if that were the case, then I think KC would have him attack someone else, say Riley or Stephen. Unless he was deliberately laying red herrings, which, knowing KC...
Her complaints about being cold and wearing a sweater
And of course now, her completely irrational behaviour at Ft Irwin

As far as I can see, there are a few reasonable conclusions:

Tanya is bitten/infected, and has been treating herself (and perhaps Saul) with some kind of drug, which she has ran out of supplies for or simply knows that the Ft Irwin people won't accept that she's fine
Tanya and Saul are immune, because of their blood or some such. In this case, her back wounds probably were from Randy but are inconsequential
Tanya is slowly turning and Saul is just not infected. As such, she knows that her time is approaching an end - this would explain her seemingly deteriorating health, and fits in with the "slow turning" idea she mentioned before in the Colony.

I personally think that it'll be the third theory - that it might be Tanya's last breath we end up witnessing. I'm just not a fan of "cures" in zombie stories - they always seem simplistic, and I've never actually seen a zombie story where they are anything more than a pipe dream. Then again, We're Alive is so completely different to any other story, so maybe it'll actually be the case. Who knows.

I just really hope it isn't Victor who dies. I think he has more to live for, or should die more heroically than simply being infected or choked by dumb zombie mist.

AtomicHamster
Apr 13th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Well, my 2 cents on whose "Last Dying Breath" it me be is that I don"t think it will be an of the established characters to die. I think it is very possible that Saul and Victor will find someone in or around Ground Zero that has some info on what is going on and will give them a clue to what went on there with their last dying breath. Of course this is just me personal theory, I am probably wrong.

The Mighty Atomic Hamster has spoken

Eviebae
Apr 13th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Okay, my final guess is Saul is going to show he's going to keep trying to rescue Lizzy no matter what. Not ruling out other plays on the words happening; but I'm fixated on that point being true. So, I guess if I'm wrong I will just have to use some anti-fixative.

Tar Heel Fan
Apr 13th, 2012, 10:49 PM
As far as I can see, there are a few reasonable conclusions:

Tanya is bitten/infected, and has been treating herself (and perhaps Saul) with some kind of drug, which she has ran out of supplies for or simply knows that the Ft Irwin people won't accept that she's fine
Tanya and Saul are immune, because of their blood or some such. In this case, her back wounds probably were from Randy but are inconsequential
Tanya is slowly turning and Saul is just not infected. As such, she knows that her time is approaching an end - this would explain her seemingly deteriorating health, and fits in with the "slow turning" idea she mentioned before in the Colony.

I've been enjoying following the threads about Tanya's erratic behavior - lots of creativity out there!
My opinion is tending towards the theory that she had been experimenting with infection while at the Colony and somehow (accidentally or even purposefully) exposed herself to it while trying to administer some kind of cure or vaccine that prevents turning. More than anyone else (except maybe Lizzy), she has seemed to be most intent on studying the zombies themselves and reading through the journals for clues.

For those of you leaning towards the infected/slow-turning/experimenting theories, my question to you is:

WHY WOULDN'T SHE TELL HER TOWER GROUP OR HER SON?

I know that she would risk being isolated and possibly tied-up, but Michael, et al, have shown themselves to be trustworthy by now. If they were going to a base, she should have expected to be examined - the group could have figured out a way to protect her. She's read their journals and seen their commitment to experimentation - she probably would have had allies who would support her in her research.

Eviebae
Apr 13th, 2012, 10:55 PM

All bow low to make the noises most squibbly before
:mad:The Mighty Atomic Hamster!:mad:
We scurry before thy pilated pouches

Tar Heel Fan
Apr 13th, 2012, 11:03 PM

I know the Hope thread was brought up a while back, but I wanted to read through everything before responding - and everyone's been chiming in on this incredible episode!

Not only should they have brought Hope into this discussion, but I think it's going to be a significant omission. First off, it seems that when they try to keep secrets from one another, it comes back to bite them.

I get the feeling that Hope's character is hiding a key plot element and Tanya seems to be sheltering/protecting her for some reason that is hidden under the guise of her blindness. Perhaps Hope will be the one to bring light to why Tanya has reacted the way she did. There have already been interesting suggestions in the forum that Hope is not actually blind. If Tanya's taken away, Hope will be more open to sharing what she's been holding back.
Any thoughts to what she might be able to reveal?

Thanks to KC for a truly masterful, riveting episode!

wh33t
Apr 13th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Well, my 2 cents on whose "Last Dying Breath" it me be is that I don"t think it will be an of the established characters to die. I think it is very possible that Saul and Victor will find someone in or around Ground Zero that has some info on what is going on and will give them a clue to what went on there with their last dying breath. Of course this is just me personal theory, I am probably wrong.

That is a cool theory.

awkwardalex
Apr 14th, 2012, 02:14 AM
I know the Hope thread was brought up a while back, but I wanted to read through everything before responding - and everyone's been chiming in on this incredible episode!

Not only should they have brought Hope into this discussion, but I think it's going to be a significant omission. First off, it seems that when they try to keep secrets from one another, it comes back to bite them.

I get the feeling that Hope's character is hiding a key plot element and Tanya seems to be sheltering/protecting her for some reason that is hidden under the guise of her blindness. Perhaps Hope will be the one to bring light to why Tanya has reacted the way she did. There have already been interesting suggestions in the forum that Hope is not actually blind. If Tanya's taken away, Hope will be more open to sharing what she's been holding back.

Thanks to KC for a truly masterful, riveting episode!

THANK YOU i feel the same i also feel like Tanya may shelter her a little too much and this mayncome to light without Tanya here.

I did not think about her knowing something but we will see soon...hopefully.

Teehee speaking of i got my dad hooked on the series now he is bummed that he has to wait

GeneTwo
Apr 14th, 2012, 03:05 AM

As much as I like CJ and her kung-fu grip, I don't see her getting any further in the story. I think she is in the story just to get the WA folks to ground zero. Once that is done and she gives up the location of her tower, the WA folks have everything they could need. A brand spanking new tower, with a fully stocked armory. If she gives up the combo to her safe they have all her intel too. So really, if anyone is going to buy it, its CJ.

HarleyQuinn
Apr 14th, 2012, 04:48 AM
I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but the fact that the people of Fort Irwin cannot get hold of the Colonel seems a bit strange to me. I don't have any full theories about what it could have to do with the storyline but it does seem a bit like it is hinting at a possible plot.

Bray
Apr 14th, 2012, 07:21 AM
I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but the fact that the people of Fort Irwin cannot get hold of the Colonel seems a bit strange to me. I don't have any full theories about what it could have to do with the storyline but it does seem a bit like it is hinting at a possible plot.

Could be that the Colonel is out on a mission? Although you'd imagine he would send people who are more...expendable?

itsallgoodie
Apr 14th, 2012, 10:03 AM
I figure this has been said, but I just listened to WND and I didn't hear it mentioned, I heard it danced around, but not really mentioned. There is a high probability that Tanya is immune right? and this means that its likely that Saul is immune, which would make sense if he could have gotten infected from the same shot that killed Tommy. So all in all, there is a high chance both of them can't get infected.

Now that I'm getting off on this tangent I've realized something, if Saul can't get infected, wouldn't it be crazy-awesome if Victor started feeling sick but Saul didn't. That would make it pretty obvious that he is immune.

Let me know your thoughts.

HarleyQuinn
Apr 14th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Could be that the Colonel is out on a mission? Although you'd imagine he would send people who are more...expendable?

Those are the two things that went through my mind. It could just be that he is on a mission and out of range on radios but it has been mentioned a few times like a hint and not much has been said about it to leave it a mystery. They seem to be awfully quiet about everything that goes on in that place; they could just be cautious but something doesn't seem right. Could also be nothing.

Pandora
Apr 14th, 2012, 01:40 PM
I dont think Victor will die...I think he and CJ will hook up.

cleeprevo
Apr 14th, 2012, 10:17 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but right before the gang found Kalani's journal Tanya was wearing a coat (may seem like a vague detail). Michael notices that Tayna is wearing a coat and offers to find a heater, Tayna says she's good. She says it like it's she's just cold, but I think she's trying to hide something (perhaps a bite or scratch). It could be nothing or I'm going paranoid but Kc likes to drop in important little details in some of his episodes and I think this is one of those details. They didn't talk about it in WND and it's something very vague so I thought I'd try to shine some light on it.... But mainly because I'm too lazy to read through the thread.

ZomNom
Apr 15th, 2012, 06:09 AM
As much as I like CJ and her kung-fu grip, I don't see her getting any further in the story. I think she is in the story just to get the WA folks to ground zero. Once that is done and she gives up the location of her tower, the WA folks have everything they could need. A brand spanking new tower, with a fully stocked armory. If she gives up the combo to her safe they have all her intel too. So really, if anyone is going to buy it, its CJ.

I think CJ becomes an integral part of the story. They need someone to study the zombies like Tawnya did. Of course, Tawnya will die from here infection. I think things go horribly wrong, horribly fast at Ft. Irwin and the gang has to make a bee line to the new tower. Which will be their new homebase. Maybe a showdown with the remnants of the mallers? I think the mallers become part of the colony and there will be more altercations. Maybe with it finally culminate in an alliance in order to defeat the zombies once and for all?

Pandora
Apr 15th, 2012, 08:03 AM
I havent the time to read everything on this thread..but as far as Riley being detained...I cant help but think something is wrong. Kelly found a different set of tracks remember? It could have been Riley wondering around...but It could be something else...I CANT WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW MORNING!!!! I hope Kalani is still alive! And Burt has to be cause he will prolly kill Scratch.

itsallgoodie
Apr 15th, 2012, 11:07 AM
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but right before the gang found Kalani's journal Tanya was wearing a coat (may seem like a vague detail). Michael notices that Tayna is wearing a coat and offers to find a heater, Tayna says she's good. She says it like it's she's just cold, but I think she's trying to hide something (perhaps a bite or scratch). It could be nothing or I'm going paranoid but Kc likes to drop in important little details in some of his episodes and I think this is one of those details. They didn't talk about it in WND and it's something very vague so I thought I'd try to shine some light on it.... But mainly because I'm too lazy to read through the thread.

I hadn't picked up on this but I'm almost positive you're right. Keep up the good work.

HarleyQuinn
Apr 15th, 2012, 01:30 PM

Yeah I picked up on that too, I think quite a few people on the site did as there is a thread about Tanya possibly being immune to the virus and this small fact was mentioned a few times. Also Michael said before that she had a bandage on her arm and when asked about it she said it was a burn from surgery. A bit odd; she is definitely hiding something especially considering how she reacted to having to get a medical exam at Fort Irwin.

fridginators
Apr 15th, 2012, 02:30 PM

Thanks to KC for a truly masterful, riveting episode!This is good. We've talked before about how Hope is somehow going to be integral to the story, but I like what you're saying about Tanya's over-protectiveness. Not to the extent that Hope isn't actually blind, although that's really interesting, but more in the sense of she knows things that Tanya doesn't want shared. I'm not sure if her omission from Kalani's story will be simply be a symptom or a cause of this though. But doubtless, there is a reason why Hope exists. Tommy served as a reminder of the costs of war, as well as to turn people against Michael, which in turn shook his confidence and led to his character arch throughout the second season, and as such was a hugely important catalyst. Hope will likely prove the same in some other way.

7oddisdead
Apr 15th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Alright..

this has been said before(tips hat to eviebae)..but how about Tanya is on the drugs?..between her experimenting on zoms at the colony and finding ways to make what may in fact be vet drugs work on humans...is it not possible for her to have tested treatments in herself?..in that case, developing an addiction could be very believable

xV1per7x
Apr 15th, 2012, 06:09 PM

Saul got to the arena site where lizzy dropped the camera she was using to record her doings. he saw the part where Lizzy and the Mallers convoy was attacked. Lizzy described the small ones there.

yarri
Apr 15th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Alright..

this has been said before(tips hat to eviebae)..but how about Tanya is on the drugs?..between her experimenting on zoms at the colony and finding ways to make what may in fact be vet drugs work on humans...is it not possible for her to have tested treatments in herself?..in that case, developing an addiction could be very believable
And it's the number one sign and symptom of burnout in the medical profession. I'm spreading the rep when I can get my lazy butt outta bed and walk the eight feet to my computer lol

xV1per7x
Apr 15th, 2012, 06:11 PM
do you guys think Bert and Angel could have survive?

Bert fell off and *could* live...Angel *fell* off the building and could live. because if they are dead, why would the Mallers take their body? what's it worth to them? Saul and Victor searched through the dead and didnt find them

Pandora
Apr 16th, 2012, 05:04 AM
do you guys think Bert and Angel could have survive?

Bert fell off and *could* live...Angel *fell* off the building and could live. because if they are dead, why would the Mallers take their body? what's it worth to them? Saul and Victor searched through the dead and didnt find them

I do! Burt has something to accomplish. Scratch is my thinking. I still have hopes Kalani is alive!

Pandora
Apr 16th, 2012, 05:07 AM
Saul got to the arena site where lizzy dropped the camera she was using to record her doings. he saw the part where Lizzy and the Mallers convoy was attacked. Lizzy described the small ones there.

It was just a little tape recorder...he took it out and played it in the car. Lizzy was recording when they were attacked. Bricks used car door to mash off a 'little ones' arm...remember Bricks holding it? Tar tells him 'drop it, man' It never says why they are special...Lizzy just says they are special the little ones and then talks about black number 5.

GingerNacre
Apr 25th, 2012, 04:06 AM
Agreed. Tanya is TOTALLY in Colony PTSD mode at the base. She needs a benzo, a glass of wine and a chick flick. She'll be fine. ;-)

OR...does she have a zombie bite scar???? Did she experiement on herself to cure herself in to colony??

OR...does she have some tats from her youth she is embarassed about?