PDA

View Full Version : We're Alive Takes a Bite Out of the Big Apple

nikvoodoo
Apr 3rd, 2012, 12:11 PM
http://zombiepodcast.com/externalimages/NYPromo.jpg
Have you been longing to meet cast and crew members of We're Alive but you live all the way over on the East Coast?

RSVP via Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/events/335330443202840/?notif_t=plan_user_joined)

Well now you have a chance to meet members of the podcast we all know and love without going all the way to California!

"HOW???!!!!" you say?

Simple: Kc and Co. are coming to NYC in early June to attend the Audie awards and they want to meet you!

When: Monday June 4, 2012 at 6pm

Where: Dave and Busters @ Time Square (after party.....TBD)

What We need to know: WILL YOU BE THERE???

Who: Confirmed to this point: Kc Wayland, Grayson Stone, AND Blaire Byhower. I'm also confirmed but no one wants to meet me.

Why: ......re...really? shovel:) You just sit there and think about what you've done.

But reality D&B because everyone who wants to will be capable of attending vs. us going to a bar or other over age venue.

Please post in this thread if you are interested in attending! I want to get as accurate a headcount as possible to get the appropriate room at D&B.

thatrichterkid
Apr 3rd, 2012, 03:07 PM
I'm going.

itsallgoodie
Apr 3rd, 2012, 03:23 PM
I'm going to try and go.

Kc
Apr 3rd, 2012, 04:13 PM
Keep in mind it's tentative right now. Pricing and room stuff might be costly or a pain, so we'll see what we can do :)

David Heyes
Apr 3rd, 2012, 04:23 PM
I am interested, but I can't commit until I can get the days off for sure. But it would be cool!

nikvoodoo
Apr 3rd, 2012, 04:47 PM
I'd say with confidence the only thing that is as set in stone as we can make it is the date. June 4 seems to be it. Now we just need to iron out other details. We will update as we wade through the slog of renting spaces in nyc....one of the most expensive cities on the planet......*sigh*

Hellbringer
Apr 3rd, 2012, 05:07 PM
Can that image be on a shirt? Would love to wear a grey or black shirt version of that picture.

(can't make it to NYC in June... think I'm in another class at that time)

sockerkid47
Apr 3rd, 2012, 05:15 PM
I'd definitely be interested! Just need to figure out my schedule during that time.

Ddc2003
Apr 3rd, 2012, 07:08 PM
I will be there, wouldn't miss it for the world! And thanks for having it at an age friendly place! I'm 19, so it would be awful to miss out because of it being at a bar.

Raven
Apr 3rd, 2012, 07:36 PM
Willing to make the drive down but parking and crashing for the night might be an issue?Been ages since I have been to Times Sq but yea expensive as hell

zombeh-kitteh
Apr 4th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Oh my....I so want to be there! I'm thinking I need to take a day off and hop on the train and head up!

I definitely am interested, and I will bring a friend if I do come up!

MenashaCorpse
Apr 21st, 2012, 07:08 AM
I highly recommend going to anyone who may be waffling (equivocating). I met the cast/crew last weekend and they couldn't be cooler/nicer people!!

Raven
Apr 21st, 2012, 08:00 AM
mmmmmm waffles....
The only thing I am unsure about is if I should drive down or hop the train. If anyone is planning on coming from the Catskill/Westchester Area in need of transport?
Also any updates on parking/lodging for those of us who have to do both would be appreciated as they become available.

GingerNacre
Apr 22nd, 2012, 05:24 AM
Wish I could be there but I work during the week and will just be finishing up Philly Wizard Con that weekend. :(

nikvoodoo
Apr 23rd, 2012, 10:33 AM
Please take note: Mr. Olegario has regretfully had to withdraw from the event and will not be attending. But that still leaves you with Kc, Grayson and Blaire. And that's still pretty damn cool! And me!!!!.....that.....that's not nearly as cool.

Other updates: we're gonna just do this all haphazard style. No headcount needed. We will be showing up and basically just running amok. So show up to D&B in Times Square around 6:30pm on the day in question and lets have us some fun!

For those wondering about parking: There are lots every where in Times Square. They are expensive. There's no two ways about it. But check out nyc.bestparking.com/ to attempt to find better parking prices. They may take you a distance away, but at least there's a subway that runs 24/7 365....unless a hurricane shows up and closes the city down or some nonsense.

Hotels: Man....I hate when people ask me that question! I live in the city. I don't live in a hotel! I don't know what is what or who where and what have you. Check out the usual travel sites and see if you can't find a decent price on a place in Manhattan, Queens or Brooklyn. I'd say the Bronx but that is quite the hike down to Manhattan. Keep in mind every borough has pockets of seedy, so if you have a question about a neighborhood you are looking in to: ask me. If I don't know the area, I can certainly find out about it quickly.

If you got more questions, I'm happy to help!

Kc
May 17th, 2012, 03:21 PM
RSVP via Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/events/335330443202840/?notif_t=plan_user_joined)

itsallgoodie
May 18th, 2012, 09:49 PM
I no longer have a Facebook and thus will not be RSVPing there. I plan to go as of now, I'll keep grayson/nick posted.

Kaitlyn
May 28th, 2012, 08:24 AM
I can go if someone walks me in haha (I called to double check, it's 21 to get in). I'm willing to pay someone, I've been waiting for you guys to come to new york forever!

Kc
May 28th, 2012, 11:16 AM
I can go if someone walks me in haha (I called to double check, it's 21 to get in). I'm willing to pay someone, I've been waiting for you guys to come to new york forever!

That's easy. Just let us know when you're there. Send me a tweet or something and we'll come grab you.

itsallgoodie
May 29th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Same goes for me, though there's a chance I'll already have met up with Grayson depending on how the afternoon unfolds.

thatrichterkid
May 31st, 2012, 01:38 PM
Hey, how long will this be? lol Me and my cousin would like to go

nikvoodoo
May 31st, 2012, 01:42 PM
Hey, how long will this be? lol Me and my cousin would like to go

Starting at 6pm. Goes until....uh.....*shrug* whenever it ends. Hard to say.

cupcakezombie
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:27 AM
Have an awesome time everyone!!!!! Wish I was there. And good luck the Audies

GingerNacre
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:26 AM
Good luck at the Audies! Wish I could be there but the local Con I attended this weekend took my money and I work very early in the morn on Tuesdays. :(

werewolf
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:38 AM
i hope that Kc and cast and crew that are going have a great time. and they finally win the award.

zombeh-kitteh
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:55 PM
...I couldn't get the time off of work, plus I have some unexpected medical stuff to deal with...so unfortunately I can't make it. I am sad.