PDA

View Full Version : WND Episode #33

nikvoodoo
Apr 3rd, 2012, 05:10 AM
Got a question, or theory you want to get on to the next episode of WND? I betcha you got a good chance if you post it here!

UndeadSweeper
Apr 3rd, 2012, 08:21 AM
Hi Nikvoodoo, here a couple of questions, why did Scratch sound so scared on the radio with Kalini ? One of forum member said it was because of the tankers incident, I think it because of the tower visit. Also why was she so concern with them being cops and there being guns. The other tower had both I believe. Why is Kalini such a mastermind?!!!

Osiris
Apr 3rd, 2012, 11:15 AM
Why isn't there more talk of hot wings and less talk of things not wing related?

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Apr 4th, 2012, 10:28 AM
I guess the big question a few folks have asked is about the silenced pistol Kalani used. It was assumed that there were only 2 suppressed weapons in the armory, one being a submachine gun.
Me, I don't care. I'm just pissed Kalani was the traiter, 3rd floor shooter AND the killer....throw in the fact that he knew about Bill and the theft..shhheeesssh.
Tied that up with a nice yellow bow.

Grognaurd
Apr 4th, 2012, 11:57 AM
/cheers crowbar

Eviebae
Apr 4th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Drogon Malice suggested in the chat box that alcohol seems to mask the scent of humans for the zombies. He pointed to Saul's crash and how he was covered in alcohol and ended up being left alone by the zombies. Also, Riley has been drinking heavily and seems intent on pickling her liver. In the cornfield, she was passed out and vulnerable but the zombies didn't attack her. I thought that maybe this theory could account for one reason Victor's use of tiny bottles of cologne worked. Besides the fragrance, cologne contains alcohol.

IamPaul
Apr 4th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Not a WA questions, but it is relevant to Kc and Blaire. Has anyone heard of "The Drive Home" podcast? I was looking through the new and what's hot podcasts on Zune. (that is right, microsoft. Wanna fight about it?) It is Kc and Blaire reviewing movies they just saw. I figure the best way to get others to listen is this podcast. Oh, here is a theory. I feel that the end of kalani's journal was going to say 'I'm sorry'

7oddisdead
Apr 4th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Not a WA questions, but it is relevant to Kc and Blaire. Has anyone heard of "The Drive Home" podcast? I was looking through the new and what's hot podcasts on Zune. (that is right, microsoft. Wanna fight about it?) It is Kc and Blaire reviewing movies they just saw. I figure the best way to get others to listen is this podcast. Oh, here is a theory. I feel that the end of kalani's journal was going to say 'I'm sorry'

firstly...proud Zune user. Been with them since day one and there's way more Zune users here than most would think...so I got ya back at least. The drive home podcast has been mentioned a few times here..its a nice little first impression podcast, I like it.

It seems likely that's what kalani was gonna say, and really..if they don't get Kevin hack on to talk about this now that the story is done I'll be slightly dumbfounded...hat trick time, for sure.

I think the main question we have from this episode is what exactly were the other tower members? The higher ups at least..at first prison gaurds seemed likely, but scratch saying cops has me second guessing that.

Mr. AK-47
Apr 4th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Predictions: in the next couple of episodes of Were Alive Michael's group will learn about the condition of the rest of the U.S. or maybe just the Western Part. Saul's group will learn more clues about were the maulers are but will no go there as they do not have the manpower to rescue Lizzy.
Question: In the episode where Scratch sets up the fake exchange why did she tell her people to stick to her plan when they are attacking and that they haven't lost anyone yet when she knows that the goons she sent to the exchange were more then likely dead?

Eviebae
Apr 4th, 2012, 06:19 PM
How about the episode art? If you blow up the image in the face plate of the helmet, you can see what looks like an electric tower; something large and black that looks like a helicopter; and, what might be two figures (friends or zombies?). Whoever it is (I'd guess Saul) has what look like oxygen tanks on his back, a face mask and, a big ole' gun. If someone is going to go to Ground Zero...it's way sooner than I expected.
1 is electrical tower
2 are figures
3 is helicopter(maybe)

A is tower
B are figures
C is helicopter

(Grammer help, is it "are figures" or "is figures")

the one who shoots first
Apr 4th, 2012, 10:52 PM
well my theory of datu and kalani being in on it together has been shot dead. good job kc! speaking of mental anguish, does anybody know what the music datu was listening to was, or if it is even a real song?

UndeadSweeper
Apr 5th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Just had thought, has anyone thought that the story can head into to Lizzy and the maller stranded crew angle? I haven't heard much about what happen to them. I thought Scratch said something about them but I thought she could be b.s. it.

IamPaul
Apr 5th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Here is a wild theory. As Kalani was crashing the copter, he jumped out at the last second and tackled and shanked a Maller. Now he is on the run seeking revenge for his daughter. Taken 2: Kalani's Alive. That pretty feasable, right guys?

Adventureless_Hero
Apr 5th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Hey Nik, I'm curious to know what you think about the corpse that had the address to Chinwe's secret garden.

*snicker* Chinwe's secret garden...naughty naughty :3

Britt
Apr 5th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Hey guys! Just wanted to thank ya'll for using this thread. <3. It makes us feel warm and fuzzy.

IamPaul
Apr 5th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Hey guys! Just wanted to thank ya'll for using this thread. <3. It makes us feel warm and fuzzy.

Don't soften up on us guys. We need your brutal honesty.

Eviebae
Apr 6th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Don't soften up on us guys. We need your brutal honesty.

Speak for yourself Paul, I want gentle, warm and fuzzy honesty...preferably with cookies.

nikvoodoo
Apr 6th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Do either of you accept healthy amounts of snark?

IamPaul
Apr 6th, 2012, 01:55 PM

Only Cutty Snark.

nikvoodoo
Apr 6th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Episode is out! Enjoy!

Osiris
Apr 6th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Ugh. I could have gone my whole life not reliving Ray's thoughts on Kalani.

Good episode though.

P.S. Britt is 100% right. If you're going to lump all the casualties onto Kalani you have to account for ALL sides of the conflict.

Kalani still gets a pass.

nikvoodoo
Apr 6th, 2012, 06:22 PM
It's good you agree with britt. I feel like if you and I ever agreed 100% on anything there'd be a rift in the space time continuum and the universe as we know it would cease to be.... :p

Osiris
Apr 6th, 2012, 06:28 PM
No it wouldn't. It would only rain frogs on part of Australia. Your theory about the rift is so far off I can't even begin to describe to you... but I'd like to start by addressing possible border issues between said rift and local areas of so called 'free space' and the relationships between parallel realities, fictitious histories, as well as the best way to lose friends and alienate people.

Eviebae
Apr 6th, 2012, 07:01 PM

I am far too ernest and passionate about my ideals to ever accept even unhealthy amounts of snark.
The Snark (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hunting_of_the_Snark)

nikvoodoo
Apr 6th, 2012, 09:21 PM
I just finished listening... And I'm mad that my "cut off joke" got edited out. I played up both the cut off like Kalani did and also playing on the fact that I always get disconnected. Guess it wasn't good enough for that beez dude.... He better start runnin'

Osiris
Apr 6th, 2012, 09:48 PM
So the 'four listeners' crack... that was a reference to dwindled board activity, huh?

7oddisdead
Apr 6th, 2012, 11:52 PM
another fine episode...methinks i may have to go back to my old ways of thinking, just to maintain the reputation you have officially given me via this episode. i kind of agree with osi though, i could have done without rays comments aloud...personal taste..thats all

Osiris
Apr 6th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Makes me want to record a rant.

nikvoodoo
Apr 7th, 2012, 06:26 AM
So the 'four listeners' crack... that was a reference to dwindled board activity, huh?
That's actually a pretty consistent joke between britt and myself about how many people listen to the podcast. But you can read into it whatever you'd like.

Eviebae
Apr 7th, 2012, 09:51 PM
That's actually a pretty consistent joke between britt and myself about how many people listen to the podcast. But you can read into it whatever you'd like.

How many do listen?

Bray
Apr 8th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Finally caught up with these to the point where they are relevant to the episodes I just listened to. :)

Just wanted to say it's a great podcast, and love the banter between you guys and gals. Keep up the good work!

Adventureless_Hero
Apr 10th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Was that a Zelda "Find Secret" tone I heard a couple of times just before Beez was talking about Kalani using lemon juice to continue his journal? I heard that tone and swore I had received a text message.

nikvoodoo
Apr 10th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Was that a Zelda "Find Secret" tone I heard a couple of times just before Beez was talking about Kalani using lemon juice to continue his journal? I heard that tone and swore I had received a text message.

You are correct sir. Had it been my phone, you would have received an item instead ;)