PDA

View Full Version : Google Plus Hangout?

Kc
Mar 27th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Thinking about the possibility of doing a google plus hangout.

Here's an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fAH97IG1WAc#!

"Google+ "Hangouts On Air" is a new functionality and option of Google+ Hangouts which allows G+Hangout users to broadcast and record their video Hangout meetings and Hangout video sessions.

The setup is easy: just start a normal hangout, and you’ll have the option to broadcast and record your session. Once you’re “On Air,” up to nine other Google+ users can join your hangout (as usual), and any other Google Plus community member can watch your live communication (broadcast).

The Google Plus Project (Google+) "+Hangouts On Air" is starting with a limited number of broadcasters, but any member of the Google+ (Google Plus) community can tune in."

Could be a possibility for WND? or For maybe an online meet and greet?

http://jojn.net/social-networks/google-hangouts-on-air-google-plus-g/

What are your thoughts?

Grognaurd
Mar 27th, 2012, 09:52 AM
I do not think it would work for we're alive. I am pretty sure their Internet has been down for months. But, the net came out of DARPA to communicate after being hit with a full nuclearnstrike, maybe there are a few terminals available at Ft Irvin, even if they may be old 486 chips

nikvoodoo
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:22 AM
I am intrigued by the idea of broadcasting WND episodes.....Though not thrilled because I'd actually have to like.....light it and look presentable.....Maybe I should wear a mask or some crap.....

It doesn't seem like it, but can the viewers interact with the broadcasters? or would it require a separate connection to like the Chat Box to interact live?

mem
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:20 AM
I do not think it would work for we're alive. I am pretty sure their Internet has been down for months. But, the net came out of DARPA to communicate after being hit with a full nuclearnstrike, maybe there are a few terminals available at Ft Irvin, even if they may be old 486 chips

i see what you did there. nicely done sir.

7oddisdead
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:28 AM
wow..i just put that all together as well...awesome

and actually acouple of us were talking about this very thing the other night

Kc
Mar 27th, 2012, 12:39 PM
I am intrigued by the idea of broadcasting WND episodes.....Though not thrilled because I'd actually have to like.....light it and look presentable.....Maybe I should wear a mask or some crap.....

It doesn't seem like it, but can the viewers interact with the broadcasters? or would it require a separate connection to like the Chat Box to interact live?

I think it'd be live with chat interaction. And would be GREAT for guest stars and also not require editing later. The chat could very well be our Chat window on the forum. It would promote the forum usage as well.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Mar 27th, 2012, 01:17 PM
sounds groovey baby!

TCM Revolver
Mar 27th, 2012, 02:58 PM
I like this!!

abayarts
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:54 PM
I dig this!

awkwardalex
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:51 PM
I agree using the forum chat (vip lounge) would be good and correct me if i'm wrong but google plus would not (i think) cost money like skype

Either way i think it'd be good

Kc
Mar 30th, 2012, 02:40 PM
I agree using the forum chat (vip lounge) would be good and correct me if i'm wrong but google plus would not (i think) cost money like skype

Either way i think it'd be good

Another posibility is having a listener party for certain episodes with commentary, maybe. That's hard though.

awkwardalex
Apr 1st, 2012, 06:08 PM
Well it could work for relistening, I mean everyone here analyzes everything. They'd actually have a little more control with it not being visual it can be paused and discussed, rewind discuss. Which is pretty much WND but if it was live there would be ALOT more involvement I think.