PDA

View Full Version : WND Episode #32

nikvoodoo
Mar 26th, 2012, 06:19 PM
So.....we have ourselves a little guest on the 32nd installment of WND......

JennaPortrait.jpg|center|Jenna McCombie

Yeah......yeah.....that's Jenna McCombie. Aka Scratch....And she's going to be our guest!

So......who's got questions they want to ask?? Remember, we're not going to ask for spoilers so don't ask those questions. But if you have a question you're just..........itching.....to ask, post them here!

Pikepaw
Mar 26th, 2012, 07:30 PM
First off, I want to know if she listened to a little scene in WND 19 and what she thought of Greg Miller's take on her character? I also want this certain person to know that she has only been getting better as the series has progressed.

Oooh! I know what else I want to ask. At the live show back last April, this person said her newest favourite scene was something recorded but not yet released. Since we are now in season 3, can she say what that favourite scene is and if there are any new favourite moments, lines or scenes that can be discussed?

I want this guest to know I love them as a performer, and I think they greatly improve the quality of the show. Also when you (as well as Britt) wished me a Happy Birthday on my Facebook back in the summer, it made my day hardcore

AdrianHD
Mar 26th, 2012, 09:00 PM
But if you have a question you're just..........itching.....to ask, post them here!

I see what you did there!

I LOVE SCRATCH/JENNA.

She's cool. That's all <3333333

7oddisdead
Mar 26th, 2012, 09:16 PM
perhaps after all the important talk

Han solo update?..i know Nik said all was well..but hell, who doesn't like hearing about puppies? :D

clem131
Mar 27th, 2012, 04:16 AM
Has WA helped her with her career as an actress?

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 27th, 2012, 05:53 AM
The e-mail address is werenotdead@zombiepodcast.com, right? I mean I've only heard it a bajillion times but I tend to go catatonic when it is mentioned.

nikvoodoo
Mar 27th, 2012, 07:08 AM
The e-mail address is werenotdead@zombiepodcast.com, right? I mean I've only heard it a bajillion times but I tend to go catatonic when it is mentioned.

Nope actually, you are still in the coma.

werenotdeadpodcast@gmail.com

You can obviously also submit your questions there. And 7odd, that is one of my first planned questions!

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 27th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Nope actually, you are still in the coma.

werenotdeadpodcast@gmail.com

You can obviously also submit your questions there. And 7odd, that is one of my first planned questions!

I recorded my question and submit a voice file. :D Jenna McCombie is too awesome to let Nik read my comment. She must hear it in my voice. :p

nikvoodoo
Mar 27th, 2012, 07:45 AM
I recorded my question and submit a voice file. :D Jenna McCombie is too awesome to let Nik read my comment. She must hear it in my voice. :p

Not sure how we can make that work for the recording, but that might be kick ass :)

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 27th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Not sure how we can make that work for the recording, but that might be kick ass :)

If you can, you can. If not, no biggie. I actually recorded it on my phone, sent it to my work e-mail address, then forwarded it to my Adventureless_Hero address, then sent it to you all. So I dunno. It might suck. But in all honesty, I do appreciate all the hard work you folks do for this FREE podcast. I'm just supah stoked that you got an actor interview, and Jenna McCombie no less!

nikvoodoo
Mar 27th, 2012, 08:01 AM
If you can, you can. If not, no biggie. I actually recorded it on my phone, sent it to my work e-mail address, then forwarded it to my Adventureless_Hero address, then sent it to you all. So I dunno. It might suck. But in all honesty, I do appreciate all the hard work you folks do for this FREE podcast. I'm just supah stoked that you got an actor interview, and Jenna McCombie no less!

I'll tell Britt to be on the lookout for it (on the off chance she doesn't read this thread). I don't actually get to look at the 750 Nigerian Prince and Penis enlargement spam emails.

But never again let it be said that I'm completely a heartless douche. I listen to y'all's wishes! I know lots of people have been dying for Jenna to make it onto the podcast.

Kc
Mar 27th, 2012, 08:38 AM

You can ask it aloud and have beeze edit it in ;)

nikvoodoo
Mar 27th, 2012, 08:48 AM
You can ask it aloud and have beeze edit it in ;)

That's probably what I was going to end up doing, but I'm trying to figure out if we could somehow get it to work without causing feedback....but I suppose this is just way cleaner and easier to manage.

StepLaugh
Mar 27th, 2012, 08:53 AM
It was nice to hear her crazy voice again.

I would like to know what is her favorite thing about her involement with WA.

Also has she done any other voice acting?

I'm excited to hear this episode! Make sure you kill it Nik!

nikvoodoo
Mar 27th, 2012, 09:07 AM
I'm excited to hear this episode! Make sure you kill it Nik!

My leather butcher's apron and machete are already on order.

Dyehardjr
Mar 27th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Shouldn't you just officially change the hosts to Nik and Britt? Seriously, that Greg fella' is too busy with his bottled water business to be on the show anyway :)

Raven
Mar 27th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Shouldn't you just officially change the hosts to Nik and Britt?
No no we need the Beeze in it too and not just edited in to get Nik's references.

yarri
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:13 AM
As I've recently discovered a love of all things Scratch... I want to know what experiences Jenna pulls from to create a character like Scratch. I have it on good authority that she's sweet as pie and nothing at all like the crazy Scratch!. :D

nikvoodoo
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Shouldn't you just officially change the hosts to Nik and Britt?

Funny you should mention that....I did officially accept the co-host role this morning. With the understanding I may have to bail on episodes because I have a screaming baby and a small apartment where there could be no clean recording done in such circumstances. I've been on a somewhat trial basis trying to figure out if I could balance baby needs and recording. So far, so good. I don't expect my luck to last forever though.

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Funny you should mention that....I did officially accept the co-host role this morning. With the understanding I may have to bail on episodes because I have a screaming baby and a small apartment where there could be no clean recording done in such circumstances. I've been on a somewhat trial basis trying to figure out if I could balance baby needs and recording. So far, so good. I don't expect my luck to last forever though.

With your acceptance of the role of co-host, I see our luck has run out.

nikvoodoo
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:33 AM
With your acceptance of the role of co-host, I see our luck has run out.

Not necessarily. After all, we'll need more guest hosts to make sure Britt isn't talking to herself.

Besides dude, we pull at least a theory a week from you. It's like you're always with us in spirit :)

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Mar 27th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Not necessarily. After all, we'll need more guest hosts to make sure Britt isn't talking to herself.

Besides dude, we pull at least a theory a week from you. It's like you're always with us in spirit :)

Congrats mofo!
Now I can really mess with you for ignoring the obvious stuff.

awkwardalex
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:19 PM
So.....we have ourselves a little guest on the 32nd installment of WND......

JennaPortrait.jpg|center|Jenna McCombie

Yeah......yeah.....that's Jenna McCombie. Aka Scratch....And she's going to be our guest!

So......who's got questions they want to ask?? Remember, we're not going to ask for spoilers so don't ask those questions. But if you have a question you're just..........itching.....to ask, post them here!

Yeah i just did a fan girl squeal and scared my dog.

Also agree w/ pikepaw to discuss her fav scene

nikvoodoo
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Who else? Come on now! Gots to be more questions for the talented Ms. McCombie!!

Kc
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Who else? Come on now! Gots to be more questions for the talented Ms. McCombie!!

You want me to Tweet it with an #askscratch tag? Would that help?

AdrianHD
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:50 PM

That'd be cool!

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:53 PM
I'd ask more questions but I don't want to sound like a jerk. I can imagine Britt reading, "and Adventureless_Hero also asked...and we have another question from Adventureless_Hero...and here's a sound clip from Adventureless_Hero..."

Maybe, if you have time and someone else doesn't ask, perhaps you can ask her if she has always pursued acting or if there are any other professions that interest her. Was she the little girl that dreamed of being an actress?

nikvoodoo
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:53 PM

SOLD! Great idea!

Litmaster
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Ok, Nik, ask Jenna these if you get a chance:

1. How much of the plot does Kc reveal to you and the other actors?
(for example, if Scratch and, say, Angel were ex-lovers who were trying to keep their relationship secret all this time, then you would probably have to know this information in order to give a convincing performance in the scenes with Shane...right?)

2. How much of a micro-manager is Kc when it comes to how you interpret your lines? Have you ever disagreed with his choice of dialogue for Scratch?

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:33 PM
If you find that there is a moment of dead air, you totally have to ask Jenna the following put forth to us by the wonderful Bernard Pivot:

What is your favorite word?
What is your least favorite word?
What turns you on [creatively, spiritually or emotionally]?
What turns you off?
What is your favorite curse word?
What sound or noise do you love?
What sound or noise do you hate?
What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
What profession would you not like to do?
If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?

I can't believe we haven't thought to ask these of our previous interviewees. :D

awkwardalex
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:41 PM
(Ifthis has been asked sorry) Sometimes KC does given information to his actors i.e. Kevin Flood knowing who Hannah was/is, but other times he will not like Jim Gleason and Michael's broken arm. Have you ever been given information like this (like knowing that Pippin was on Kalani's plane) that you can tell us, and what is something you would like to know (like Michael's arm or what is with Scratch and Angel)

Oh yeah that reminds me who the hell does scratch have from the season 2 finale?

cupcakezombie
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:56 PM
What has been her favourite roles throughout her career? Any that she now looks back on and laughs (why did I do that kind of laugh)? How different does she find other acting compared with the voice acting here?
Can she tell us any funny stories from cast recordings? Please!!!!!

nikvoodoo
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:52 PM
(Ifthis has been asked sorry) Sometimes KC does given information to his actors i.e. Kevin Flood knowing who Hannah was/is, but other times he will not like Jim Gleason and Michael's broken arm. Have you ever been given information like this (like knowing that Pippin was on Kalani's plane) that you can tell us, and what is something you would like to know (like Michael's arm or what is with Scratch and Angel)

Oh yeah that reminds me who the hell does scratch have from the season 2 finale?

This may be tricky to ask without pressing for spoilers. Especially the last one. We can generalize it a bit to make it work.

awkwardalex
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:28 PM
This may be tricky to ask without pressing for spoilers. Especially the last one. We can generalize it a bit to make it work.

The last was a joke. And like i said what she is allowed to say, if any.

nikvoodoo
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:48 AM
The last was a joke. And like i said what she is allowed to say, if any.

Ah. Gotcha. Humor lost in translation on my end.

Raven
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Based on when WND aired vs when the 31st aired wasn't it already recorded when Flood was interview or am I getting my pod casts timelines mushed together again? IIRC when Kevin Flood was first on after the "she was my Hannah " He didn't know but did on his latest appearance right before part 1?

nikvoodoo
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Mushed together I think.

I'm pretty certain Kc returned to the recording studio in November to get Season 3 underway. We interviewed Kevin in October. He did, however, already know who Hannah was at that time. He may have already known his entire timeline and backstory but we didn't ask him that.

nikvoodoo
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Thanks for your questions!

Just finished recording and Jenna is by far one of the sweetest people you could ever talk to. I think you guys are gonna enjoy this when it comes out!

UndeadSweeper
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Hi Nikvoodoo, did you guys talk about the Greg Miller's bust from Podcast Beyond? :)

nikvoodoo
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Hi Nikvoodoo, did you guys talk about the Greg Miller's bust from Podcast Beyond? :)

Podcast what and who now? Who is this.....Miller....person you speak of......

[/tongueincheek]

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Podcast what and who now? Who is this.....Miller....person you speak of......

[/tongueincheek]

:rolleyes: I suppose you didn't get to listen to the audio clip I submit yet. ^o^

UndeadSweeper
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:00 AM
When the We're Alive video game is made that has to be a Easter egg.

nikvoodoo
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:50 AM
:rolleyes: I suppose you didn't get to listen to the audio clip I submit yet. ^o^

Me personally? No. Britt did though :)

Kc
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Wait, what happened? I'm lost. Audio clip?

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 30th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Wait, what happened? I'm lost. Audio clip?

Dude, remember I submit my question as an audio clip? I e-mailed it to werenotdeadpodcast@gmail.com
You even suggested that Britt read the question to Jenna and then Beeze later edit the clip in for the final show.
You work too hard, man!

awkwardalex
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:58 PM
So when do we get to hear the nice lady who plays the meanest chick?

Osiris
Mar 31st, 2012, 10:29 PM
The wait for this episode is torture. I want it to be over.

awkwardalex
Apr 1st, 2012, 01:06 PM
The wait for this episode is torture. I want it to be over.

I know *looks at signature* I love scratch too she is just awesome, gives me chills and smiles all at the same time.

Osiris
Apr 1st, 2012, 01:16 PM
I know *looks at signature* I love scratch too she is just awesome, gives me chills and smiles all at the same time.

She really is the bomb.

nikvoodoo
Apr 1st, 2012, 01:17 PM
I know we hit a small snag with some content that needed to be edited out, but I'm not sure where it is in the posting process. Beez told me he got the edits done. So hopefully later today you guys can get the interview.....I'd certainly hope before tomorrow.

She really is the bomb.

She absolutely is! By far one of the most genuinely sweet people I've ever spoke to.

awkwardalex
Apr 1st, 2012, 01:30 PM
Awsome-ness!!!
I think she's awsome I just got a Netflix Trial and saw her on episode 8 of "The Colony" that discovery channel post apocalyptic show.

***Spolier Alert***

She's a bad guy err- girl.

Osiris
Apr 1st, 2012, 08:06 PM
Let's all go inside.

Adventureless_Hero
Apr 2nd, 2012, 06:30 AM
Awsome-ness!!!
I think she's awsome I just got a Netflix Trial and saw her on episode 8 of "The Colony" that discovery channel post apocalyptic show.

***Spolier Alert***

She's a bad guy err- girl.

Virtual High five! I didn't know it was on Netflix. I'll scope it out later today. Thank you!

nikvoodoo
Apr 2nd, 2012, 07:34 AM
Just to give you guys an update: Jenna's interview should hopefully be posted today right around the same time as today's episode. Sorry for the delay. There were miscommunications galore to be had and a busy busy Kc piecing together another excellent installment of WA.

Adventureless_Hero
Apr 2nd, 2012, 08:03 AM
Just to give you guys an update: Jenna's interview should hopefully be posted today right around the same time as today's episode. Sorry for the delay. There were miscommunications galore to be had and a busy busy Kc piecing together another excellent installment of WA.

Thank you for the update sir. I was literally just about to post a question asking about the episodes whereabouts. I'm excited to get my fix for both WA and WND!

Osiris
Apr 2nd, 2012, 12:54 PM
Still more excited about this episode than I am about the new chapter release.

Raven
Apr 2nd, 2012, 12:57 PM
2 in one day we are so spoiled. Well worth the rickroll yesterday

Osiris
Apr 2nd, 2012, 12:58 PM
No. Nothing is worth being rickrolled.

awkwardalex
Apr 2nd, 2012, 02:35 PM
I found the short Jenna did with Shane Salk by KC

http://youtu.be/-Jc4QzSEw30

awkwardalex
Apr 2nd, 2012, 02:36 PM
I found the short Jenna did with Shane Salk by KC

http://youtu.be/-Jc4QzSEw30

Osiris
Apr 2nd, 2012, 02:47 PM
I think I love you.

Adventureless_Hero
Apr 2nd, 2012, 03:05 PM
I FUCKING HATE BROWN RECLUSE SPIDERS!

Thank goodness Jenna got to keep her foot.
Thank goodness Han Solo is doing rock ass.
And thank goodness her bro beat cancer. ^w^

Britt, can you post those pics of Jenna as Lightning from FFXIII on the forum?

Great episode! I am so happy that we were treated with an actor interview and that we had the likes of Jenna McCombie on! Ultimate Kudos Kombo!

Osiris
Apr 2nd, 2012, 04:07 PM
Jenna just told me there has been talk of a return appearance. My brain almost broke. I can only hope it comes before the end of this season. Absolute favourite guest.

Eviebae
Apr 2nd, 2012, 07:35 PM
The podcast just keeps getting better and better--it felt smooth. I loved the little intro and outro to Beez's response.

7oddisdead
Apr 3rd, 2012, 02:02 AM
9? did i hear that right?

hell ive only had five. awesome. (perhaps not something to be proud of, but still) awesomesauce and jeez..what a cool person just in general..good interview..good episode

ps..every time beez interjects..there must be some type of nintendo sound affect..so awesome. also, im willing to bet you could make the cast intros happen with each episode..(*nudge,nudge*)

clem131
Apr 3rd, 2012, 04:45 AM
Thank you guys, I just listened to it during lunchbreak, it was very well done.

riskbreaker23
Apr 7th, 2012, 04:00 PM
I'm such a huge fan of Ms. Mcombie now. Love how she talked about how she preps for her character. And that she listens to Fisherman's Horizon. How awesome. Final Fantasy music is great.
Such a talented Actress, loved this episode.

Is Nikvoodoo the official co-host of We're Not Dead? I'm not complaining. I thought the rumors and theories of future episodes of WA we're crazy and weird until he started showing up. You can tell he's got cred with theater and writing lol.

BTW Brit, I got a papercut today and used some hand sanitizer. Talk about Agony...

nikvoodoo
Apr 7th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Is Nikvoodoo the official co-host of We're Not Dead? I'm not complaining. I thought the rumors and theories of future episodes of WA we're crazy and weird until he started showing up. You can tell he's got cred with theater and writing lol.

Glad you liked the episode! Talking to Jenna for the first time is like talking to an old friend. Super easy, and such a delight!

Yes. I'm the new official co-host. I'll grant you the theater cred. I've been working in and around the industry for the past decade....but uh.....the writing.....not so much. I studied script writing and wrote a smattering of plays in college that got produced but uh....yeah I will never claim to be an actual writer. And even if I did, I'm certainly not on the level of what brings us all here. A very big part of my job is script analysis, and that's what I listen to in rehearsals constantly.