PDA

View Full Version : The River's Zombie Episode

Cabbage Patch
Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:27 AM
The new ABC series "The River" suffered a zombie infestation last week! The series is the story of a group searching for a missing explorer along a tributary of the Amazon River where strange things happen. In last week's episode the group ran across an abandoned research center. While searching they are attacked by groups of dishevelled, bloody and emaciated people who seem to have no other interest than killing and possibly eating them. These were definitely "fast zombies".

This seems like it was a one-off story with no ongoing arc (and who knows if the series will be back!). Still, it was fun seeing the zombie genre portrayed on a major broadcast network.

Pteranodon
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:24 AM
I was really hoping it wouldn't be zombies....then it turned out to be zombies. Yes it was very well done, but Zombies have become a tired cliche lately. The River is such a good show despite its weaknesses (shaky camera, actors trying to be 'hip', "Lost" clone)- it's very atmospheric which is the key to horror (if it can be classified as horror) I am CERTAIN the suits at ABC will cancel it before we ever find out what "The Source" is....

[QUASI-SPOILER ALERT] at least the series lasted long enough for them to resolve one major thing.... I have zero faith in network TV since they cancelled Kolchak: the Night Stalker prematurely ....TWICE!

OK back to the episode....They really did the Zombies well, they got it right. [SPOILERS!] I think the Zulas (the tribe with wings) have the Immortality formula and of course unprincipled Westerners create legions of horrors by trying to harness it. I guess these were Zombies instead of 'Infected' cause they clearly kept going despite fatal injuries...