PDA

View Full Version : Zombie exposure and Subsequent Sleep…

Grognaurd
Mar 21st, 2012, 11:35 AM
Michael's first close call with a zombie at the door saving Lizzy. The result? Michael sleeps for more than a day and there was “no waking him”.
Burt is found in his gun shop's bathroom. He is asleep wakes up and falls back to sleep.
Kalani dragged to the arena, sleeps a lot. Wakes up and Fall’s asleep
Saul is exposed in the War. Hard to tell because we go from digging a bullet out of his arm to fast forwarding ahead two or three weeks.
Riley, on the stairs asleep as Angel drives the zombies away. She sleeps in the chopper. She goes for a smoke and falls asleep.

yoyoyoyo15
Mar 23rd, 2012, 09:39 AM
You could be on to something... Although we have found out why kalani was "sleeping" in the latest show... Idk it's hard to say but it's a plausible statement. It seemed that there was always a reason for them "sleeping" most of the time it was from getting knocked out, stressed out, etc. But it is a very possible reason.

Grognaurd
Mar 23rd, 2012, 10:12 AM
Ah, yes he did get some drugs, but he was sleeping when he was brought in. Knocked unconscious, or exposed.

Michael was awake for 24 hours and sleeps for 24 hours. That seems odd.
Burt is out cold
Riley is out. She is probably not too messed up because she just did the Helicopter and Golf course missions.
Whoever they fiind at the end of season 2 is out.
Tanya is out. Not for as long, but no wounds or bruises are mentioned.

Yup, there is always something else that can be pointed to as a cause. But, as Winston Churchill would say, the Truth is so valuable that it must be protected by a body guard of lies. May all be coincidence, but makes me take notice.

nikvoodoo
Mar 23rd, 2012, 11:10 AM
Personally, I'd say Michael's first close call was when the zombies were passing his car to wreck the Horn Honking guy.

There's also the issue that others around the exposure don't also fall asleep. After Tommy turns, only Saul "falls asleep". There were others in the hallway that didn't.

Saul didn't fall asleep after Lizzy was let in. Neither did Angel.

No one but Lizzy gets knocked out during the tagging mission and that was because of the ether.

Riley, Burt and Angel all stayed awake during and after their ordeal on the firetruck.

Pegs and Michael stay awake after the Yacht Incident.

I won't say there's no way in hell they are realted, but at the same time there's also the relationship between adrenaline highs and subsequent crashes that could explain most of the sleeping incidents.

Grognaurd
Mar 23rd, 2012, 12:10 PM
My guess is it is not a simple proximity thing. There maybe only some zombies are contageous and the effect it has on the person is variable. Also, how close is close enough?

Those with Direct Contact.
Kalani = Direct Contact Sleeps or Pills or Head injury
Datu = Direct Contact Sleeping when found. Not alert in rescue vehicle. Stays in his room. People seem to think he is so depressed.
Tanya = Direct contact sleeps, maybe knocked out in struggle.
Saul = Direct contact, could be wound
Michael, Does not say touched or not touched. But, he is close enough to separate Lizzy from Todd and zombie
Burt, Does not say one way or the other. But, is a couple of days without food enough for a knockout?
Riley do not know if contact happened. But, she is out.

It would be interesting to know if Bricks slept after breaking the neck? Or more recently, Ripping the arm off another.

nikvoodoo
Mar 23rd, 2012, 01:07 PM
Ar har! I see what you're getting at now. I just thought you were talking like....one of those stupid sleepy pokemon or some crap where you get to close and fall asleep regardless....

....I could use one of those right now.....and it better be super effective....

Eviebae
Mar 24th, 2012, 12:18 AM
Ar har! I see what you're getting at now. I just thought you were talking like....one of those stupid sleepy pokemon or some crap where you get to close and fall asleep regardless....

....I could use one of those right now.....and it better be super effective....

Jiggly Puff!

yoyoyoyo15
Mar 24th, 2012, 03:33 AM
... From zombies to polemic. I think we have covered all of our bases here.

yoyoyoyo15
Mar 24th, 2012, 03:34 AM
Lol I meant pokemon... Stupid auto correct

Cabbage Patch
May 21st, 2012, 07:45 AM
I want to tie this to my silly theory that "the Families" Scratch mentions in 29-3 are actually vampires. The more inexplicable hard sleep cases might then be explained as a reaction to being fed upon by one of the vampires. Assume Burt actually arrived at his store while Scratc/Latch/Durai was there, was fed on, but survived because they were interrupted by the zombies. Michael, Riley and Tanya were fed on by Angel, who only took enough to get by. The other cases, Kalani, Datu and Saul, already have plausible explanations.

Like I said, a silly theory that probably won't stand the light of day.

Osiris
May 21st, 2012, 08:27 AM
What in the fu--

I need a way to skip forward in the story/explain a character's absence... how to do that.... hmm... oh! They went to sleep.

:hsugh: