PDA

View Full Version : Sean's Return

Lilt
Mar 19th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Sean seems too important to not make a return, as he appears to be, or have been, an extraordinary individual, which was made evident by how quickly he was picked out to be 2nd in command by both the Other Tower and the Colony, and how he was held in such high regard by all those who knew him. As such, I find it very likely that Sean will be returning in one of two ways.

The first possibility is that he didn't actually perish from the Gatekeeper's trap, realized the treachery, and has been surviving on his own and bidding his time. Or, secondly, he is a zombie, and just like every other faction he has been a part of, he will be recognized as being particularly special, and become Ink's second in command. Either way, I perceive Sean to eventually be set up as Michael's benevolent rival, or nemesis.

7oddisdead
Mar 19th, 2012, 10:14 PM
I like where your headed with this..specifically Sean returning as a zom. That would create an interesting dynamic...especially in a storyline involving CJ..beyond that though..im not so sure. The issue I see with Sean being alive, or as many have speculated Hannah also being alive(similar situation) is this..at this point in the story..i can't see bringing many more people back from the grave. Not that I think it's a bad idea really...its just that the story could become muddled if KC continues to bring those we feel are dead...back. Here lately it would seem that the simplest answer is the right one. Sean's dead...end of

Btw...welcome to the forum! :D

Lilt
Mar 19th, 2012, 10:21 PM
That is true, but I would really like a new Michael-like male around to unintentionally wedge his way in between the Michael and Pegs romance, and incidentally force Michael to be more affectionate and appreciative towards her. I really like Michael, but we have seen that accidentally-apathetic side of him since the beginning of the entire series (when a girl invited him to a party,) and Sean - that dreamy, most likely dead, jerk - instantly seemed applicable for working that vice out of Michael by inadvertently attracting Pegs with Michael's awesome-ness, plus the open affection and appreciation that Michael has yet to develop for Pegs.

Wow, I'm such a fanboy haha... but thank you for the welcome. :yay:

Eviebae
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:28 PM
And for Pegs to be less needy. I wonder how much she loves Michael for Michael and how much she loves the knight in Shining Armor who was the guy in charge who could protect her?

yoyoyoyo15
Mar 25th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Another reason I don't like pegs. I'll add that to the list.

T3x
Apr 9th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Yah, I feel like Pegs definitely has at least a little hero worship going on. If a new guy could step in the picture that would cause Pegs to stop being so needy and whiny that would be great. I mean, honestly, what does she expect from Michael? It was pretty easy to gather from his reaction to her confessing her feelings towards him that he wasn't gonna be all skittles and cupcakes with her.

Litmaster
Apr 9th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Perhaps Sean already did make a 'return'... remember old roided-out red-shirt zombie from the chloroform episode? DUN-DUN-DUUUUUUN!

p.s.
WHOO-HOO! 100th POST, BABY!

Cabbage Patch
Apr 9th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Our characters were told that Sean was killed by zombies, but that Gatekeeper was behind the attack. I have to assume that Gatekeeper's partisans were part of Sean's team that day and that they turned on him and his loyalists. But maybe this turned into a "Snow White and the Huntsman" situation, where the killers agreed to let Sean live in exchange for his agreeing to leave the Colony and never return.

I think that if we see Sean return, alive, that it's going to be in the context of a story about what happened with the Mallers. Remember that Durai was headed south when he was last heard from. That doesn't mean he was headed to the Colony, but he was moving toward their sphere of influence. And who better to scout them out then Sean, living on his own in exile.

Though, come to think of it, if I were Sean and had to make it on my own I'd probably head back to LA to try the Other Tower.

Cabbage Patch
Apr 9th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Perhaps Sean already did make a 'return'... remember old roided-out red-shirt zombie from the chloroform episode? DUN-DUN-DUUUUUUN!

Or maybe he was the freshly turned one who had the address to the garden on him! Sad fate for character with so much potential, but I haven't heard a better explanation of how a zombie would have that information on him.

Hellbringer
Apr 9th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Our characters were told that Sean was killed by zombies, but that Gatekeeper was behind the attack. I have to assume that Gatekeeper's partisans were part of Sean's team that day and that they turned on him and his loyalists. But maybe this turned into a "Snow White and the Huntsman" situation, where the killers agreed to let Sean live in exchange for his agreeing to leave the Colony and never return.

Are you bringing up a Snow White reference because there'll be two movies out this year telling that story?

As much as I'd like to see your theory come true, I think short of having a zombie heart in a box to show Gatekeeper, aw shoot, how am I kidding? I want to see this angle.

nikvoodoo
Apr 9th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Or maybe he was the freshly turned one who had the address to the garden on him! Sad fate for character with so much potential, but I haven't heard a better explanation of how a zombie would have that information on him.

Wouldn't victor say something though? He did know sean, I'd imagine he'd be able to id him quite easily

T3x
Apr 9th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Are you bringing up a Snow White reference because there'll be two movies out this year telling that story?

As much as I'd like to see your theory come true, I think short of having a zombie heart in a box to show Gatekeeper, aw shoot, how am I kidding? I want to see this angle.

I would too. It seems like it might be possible. From what Victor said about him, it sounded like he was at least somewhat liked on account of things starting to get better around the colony since Sean became 2nd in command.

Cabbage Patch
Apr 9th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Wouldn't victor say something though? He did know sean, I'd imagine he'd be able to id him quite easily

Oops, good point. Never mind. That also shoots down my other idea, that it might have been one of Sean's companions that were supposed to have died with him. Victor would have known them too.

Z Sniper
Apr 9th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Victor tells Michael quite a bit about Sean in the bar scene,...so I don't think there's any question he knew Sean pretty good.