PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Micheal's Arm?

fraggot
Jan 22nd, 2011, 09:12 PM
So what are everyone's thoughts on what happened to Micheal? Do you think this question will ever be answered? Why WON'T Micheal tell his story?

I somewhat believe he had a similar situation as Datu after the explosion with The Big One. Maybe he met someone in the water plant and something happened to them or maybe he just saw something so horrific that even the mention of it is like knives on a chalkboard.

Anywho, your thoughts?

Ra1th
Jan 22nd, 2011, 10:23 PM
well the last time we saw him before he dissapeared he was being attacked by the behemoth right? thats probably what broke his arm, but why he wont talk about it, who knows. but i'm sure it'll be a cool story. maybe he kills a big one.

jamman39
Jan 23rd, 2011, 12:10 PM
Something tells me there'll be a future episode dedicated to what happened, maybe in the form of Michael having a flashback or something. Whatever happened it can't have taken too long. I could have the chronology messed up here but wasn't it something like Michael goes missing, Datu gets kidnapped, Michael and co. break out Datu? That means Michael would've had to have been hurt, gotten out of trouble, gotten back to the tower, then went off to find Datu all in a very short period of time.

Hollomandious
Jan 23rd, 2011, 03:20 PM
Something tells me there'll be a future episode dedicated to what happened, maybe in the form of Michael having a flashback or something. Whatever happened it can't have taken too long. I could have the chronology messed up here but wasn't it something like Michael goes missing, Datu gets kidnapped, Michael and co. break out Datu? That means Michael would've had to have been hurt, gotten out of trouble, gotten back to the tower, then went off to find Datu all in a very short period of time.

Michael didn't have to go far. Remember, they had to ditch the car when it wouldn't start, and they left the radio behind. He probably just called them. I believe that entire section took 2 days. First overnight was in the freezer right near the arena.

2 things i wish i had. A written out time line, and, a map of the currently visited areas.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Jan 23rd, 2011, 07:41 PM
My theory is that Mike simply won't talk about it because that's the way he's wired now due to his deployments. Its a defensive mechanism. It happened, I made it out, i'm not thinking about it, now lets move on..

Wicked Sid
Jan 23rd, 2011, 07:49 PM
He probably just called them.

He says that he radioed them in, I think, Chapter 12-1 when Scratch and the Mallers were outside the Tower.

It was Angel and Riley who broke out Datu, but Michael, Burt, Saul, and Lizzie (Correct me if I'm wrong) picked them up as they ran away.

Hollomandious
Jan 23rd, 2011, 07:55 PM
He says that he radioed them in, I think, Chapter 12-1 when Scratch and the Mallers were outside the Tower.

It was Angel and Riley who broke out Datu, but Michael, Burt, Saul, and Lizzie (Correct me if I'm wrong) picked them up as they ran away.

Correct on both. But, i think it was 11-3, cause that's where they started talking to the Mallers.

nikvoodoo
Jan 29th, 2011, 04:10 PM
I feel like we might get our answer in chapter 18. He might have to explain himself to the colony to gain admittance and lay their fears to rest.

Hollomandious
Jan 29th, 2011, 04:30 PM
yeah...

"i got this broken arm fighting w/ a zombie..."

that'll make em trust him.

nikvoodoo
Jan 29th, 2011, 09:50 PM
yeah...

"i got this broken arm fighting w/ a zombie..."

that'll make em trust him.

Or "While running away from a building that was collapsing, I fell and broke my arm"

Point is we don't know how it happened, and this seems like a good place in terms or story structure to reveal that IMO.

He has to get in to get his arm healed. Pegs and Kelly won't leave him alone outside, so either:
A) Michael, Pegs and Kelly convince them to let everyone into the colony in some manner without telling the story
B) Michael tells the story to prove it was an accident. Or
C) All three of them turn and leave. (which, I don't feel advances the story at all)

The Colony seems to have hard and steadfast rules about gaining admittance. They aren't going to sway the rules or be sloppy like the Tower people have been. That leaves us with Michael telling his story.

icepatrol
Jan 30th, 2011, 02:39 AM
I think michaels arm must have been crushed by the behemoth and some blood went into his arm, but since his are was being crushed the blood flowing through his arm could have stoped thus only his arm has become zombie like. Michael will probably tell Pegs and Kelly to go on ahead and he will think of some clever way on sneaking in.

Drew1749
Jan 30th, 2011, 08:40 AM
A) Michael, Pegs and Kelly convince them to let everyone into the colony in some manner without telling the story
C) All three of them turn and leave. (which, I don't feel advances the story at all)

They aren't going to sway the rules or be sloppy like the Tower people have been. That leaves us with Michael telling his story.

Wrong. I think the podcast makes it rather clear that they are already making a clear mistake. The keypad...

Just some food for thought.

nikvoodoo
Jan 30th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Perhaps I'm pining to hear what happened and just want it to happen now

Onslaught
Jan 30th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Or "While running away from a building that was collapsing, I fell and broke my arm"

Point is we don't know how it happened, and this seems like a good place in terms or story structure to reveal that IMO.

He has to get in to get his arm healed. Pegs and Kelly won't leave him alone outside, so either:

The Colony seems to have hard and steadfast rules about gaining admittance. They aren't going to sway the rules or be sloppy like the Tower people have been. That leaves us with Michael telling his story.
You make some good points but do you really think that even if he does explain it, the colony will let him in. Even if the story is reasonable and sounds a little true I don't think the colony would step aside and let Michael pass because he has a reason or a story to how it happened. I just don't think that a colony that safe and fortified would let him in even if his story is plausible.

Hollomandious
Jan 30th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Wrong. I think the podcast makes it rather clear that they are already making a clear mistake. The keypad...

Just some food for thought.

is the keypad really an issue for the colony tho. they have the holding area that is a lockout. and is ink gonna really pass a test when he just says things in a disconnected voice and has crooked teeth, and bullet holes in his hands and chest (if not other wounds).

Hollomandious
Jan 30th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Perhaps I'm pining to hear what happened and just want it to happen now

i think we're all with ya. i'm pretty sure we're all with ya.

wooly
Jan 30th, 2011, 09:59 PM
is the keypad really an issue for the colony tho.?

I think yes. Makes it clear that the colony, despite their apparent better organization, is not above making rookie mistakes. Apparently they haven't met any of the "smart" infected. In any case, this particular lack of experience shows a weakness or possibly an overconfidence that will catch up to them. Otherwise, why mention it at all?

Hollomandious
Jan 31st, 2011, 12:40 AM
I think yes. Makes it clear that the colony, despite their apparent better organization, is not above making rookie mistakes. Apparently they haven't met any of the "smart" infected. In any case, this particular lack of experience shows a weakness or possibly an overconfidence that will catch up to them. Otherwise, why mention it at all?

i figured it was to show they hadn't ran into Ink yet.

But still, i think the 2nd level of security would stop the issue. It's too through.

Hikaro
Jan 31st, 2011, 07:40 AM
Maybe the keypad thing could be Micheal's ticket in? He could bring it up, then be allowed in under a guard or something...

Back to the OP though. It would be interesting to know what actually happened.

Brooke Steele
Jan 31st, 2011, 05:05 PM
I think the holding pen and strip search would prevent any zombies from sneaking in. There is a audio interview and a secondary screening/strip search. The zombies couldn't make it past that one since they still do not appear to have mastered speech and look pretty conspicuous up close. Remember that since Hope is at the Colony, other survivors from that Tower would be there and the Colony would have learned from the downfall of the first Tower.

I don't know how the Colony would stack up against a Maller infiltration. It seems that once you prove you are not a zombie you are free to roam around with your gun.

hthu
Feb 1st, 2011, 01:26 AM
Remember that since Hope is at the Colony, other survivors from that Tower would be there and the Colony would have learned from the downfall of the first Tower.

Wait... I thought Hope was left for dead / fend for her self when Samatha bailed. Did I missed something?

Hikaro
Feb 1st, 2011, 02:02 AM
spoiler alert
you missed the new episode
that is all

fraggot
Feb 21st, 2011, 08:11 AM
It's one of those questions that is still on the back of my mind, even with everything going on. What happened to Michaels arm?

How do you think he broke it? Do you think he had to go through a horrible situation and just can't even fathom discussing it?

Maybe he went through a similar situation as Datu. Maybe he killed someone to save himself and was left with that reminder. Maybe he really did smash it in a door, a door that he closed behind him trapping someone somewhere.

nikvoodoo
Feb 21st, 2011, 08:06 PM
I don't remember where I posted it anymore, but I believe Michael just doesn't think it's important. He broke his arm, he survived, moving along. It's not the how he survived that's important to him. It's the fact that he did. Everything else doesn't matter. He's only honestly ever been asked about how it happened twice: Once when escaping the arena, and once by Tanya (whom he didn't trust then/doesn't trust now so there's no way he'd tell her). Directly asking him won't yield results, it's going to have to come out in a far more natural way, probably when he's not truly focused on it. I really think Pegs is our only chance to finding out what actually happened to his arm.

Now, back to the theory at hand: Is it possible someone else was alive in the water works? Yes absolutely there's a chance. Up until, what....12 hours previous to that adventure people were in there making it operate for any possible survivors out there? It's possible one of them eluded the Behemoth and stayed alive long enough to encounter Michael. We know people survived the initial onslaught of zombies in L.A. It's very possible one person survived a Behemoth attack at the water works.

fraggot
Feb 21st, 2011, 08:32 PM
I don't remember where I posted it anymore, but I believe Michael just doesn't think it's important. He broke his arm, he survived, moving along. It's not the how he survived that's important to him. It's the fact that he did. Everything else doesn't matter. He's only honestly ever been asked about how it happened twice: Once when escaping the arena, and once by Tanya (whom he didn't trust then/doesn't trust now so there's no way he'd tell her). Directly asking him won't yield results, it's going to have to come out in a far more natural way, probably when he's not truly focused on it. I really think Pegs is our only chance to finding out what actually happened to his arm.

Now, back to the theory at hand: Is it possible someone else was alive in the water works? Yes absolutely there's a chance. Up until, what....12 hours previous to that adventure people were in there making it operate for any possible survivors out there? It's possible one of them eluded the Behemoth and stayed alive long enough to encounter Michael. We know people survived the initial onslaught of zombies in L.A. It's very possible one person survived a Behemoth attack at the water works.

Well after Chapter 19 - Part 1, I now suspect something happened. When Hope said he was up all night talking about someone named Randy, maybe something happened and he's having bad dreams about it.

nikvoodoo
Feb 21st, 2011, 08:39 PM
Well after Chapter 19 - Part 1, I now suspect something happened. When Hope said he was up all night talking about someone named Randy, maybe something happened and he's having bad dreams about it.

This would be what happens when I am unable to hear clearly the podcast. I caught the major plot points (ie Shovelface getting a shovel in his face), but I missed a lot of other stuff. So until I actually get a good listen in, I'll simply present the traditional military suppressed memory theory that Randy could have been an army buddy he lost while serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. Does that push the plot along and reveal some cool new information? Not really.

Does your theory of Randy and the water works intrigue me? It most certainly does.

Funny Muffins
Feb 21st, 2011, 09:05 PM
I thought war buddy right away.
However, could it be his father's name or anything like that?

Possibly another "Skittles" bailing out Mikey at the water station just doesn't seem right...

nikvoodoo
Feb 21st, 2011, 09:37 PM
I thought war buddy right away.
However, could it be his father's name or anything like that?
Possibly another "Skittles" bailing out Mikey at the water station just doesn't seem right...
Very true. I don't think we know his parent's name.

Destiny
Feb 22nd, 2011, 04:56 AM
As others have said, they were at the water place.

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Feb 22nd, 2011, 05:03 AM
As others have said, they were at the water place.
We all know that i happened at the water tower, but not what exactly or how it happened there. This topic is speculating about that.

I myself think he was just clumsy and tripped. Now he's to ashamed to talk about it xD

nikvoodoo
Feb 22nd, 2011, 05:08 AM
We all know that i happened at the water tower, but not what exactly or how it happened there. This topic is speculating about that.

I myself think he was just clumsy and tripped. Now he's to ashamed to talk about it xD

That would be so anticlimactic.....:p

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Feb 22nd, 2011, 01:40 PM
I'm gonna jump in on this and say I think this "Randy" cat is his lover and Mike's actually gay and got out because of Don't ask, Don't tell.

haha. Kidding, Kiddding.
I'm really subscribing to Nik's theory of Randy being a battle buddy. Mike being under the meds allowed his mind to finally relax and that bit of repressed memory bubbled up.

Wicked Sid
Feb 22nd, 2011, 04:05 PM
I'm gonna jump in on this and say I think this "Randy" cat is his lover and Mike's actually gay and got out because of Don't ask, Don't tell.
haha. Kidding, Kiddding.
I'm really subscribing to Nik's theory of Randy being a battle buddy. Mike being under the meds allowed his mind to finally relax and that bit of repressed memory bubbled up.

Maybe its actually Randi.

nikvoodoo
Feb 23rd, 2011, 01:36 PM
Maybe its actually Randi.

That could be a nice swerve. Lets hope that Hope brings Randy/i up around Pegs and see how Michael reacts.

wh33t
Apr 6th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Has this been answered already either in the forums or in the actual radio show yet? To my knowledge I can't recall Michael ever going into detail about surviving the water works incident. I know he broke his arm, that's about it.

Any ideas?

timberwoof
Apr 6th, 2011, 07:58 PM
He hasn't gone into it that I can remember. I wouldn't mind knowing though that seems like it should be a good story. He just doesn't want to talk about it. Maybe one of the zombies prison raped him. J/K

wh33t
Apr 6th, 2011, 09:29 PM
He hasn't gone into it that I can remember. I wouldn't mind knowing though that seems like it should be a good story. He just doesn't want to talk about it. Maybe one of the zombies prison raped him. J/K

It can't possibly be worse than what happened to Angel and Riley in the pile of body parts in the arena! Gross!

apot007
Apr 7th, 2011, 11:10 PM

Lizzie was not in the hummer when they picked up angel, datu,riley etc from the arena. In fact she let "INK" into the tower

Don Man
May 17th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Its been a while since it did happen but at we're alive in the flesh KC said that when the time is right it will be explained so I just wanted to konw what your theories were. Personally I cant think of anything

Well what ever it is its big because it took a day for him to get out I think that he had an epic battle with the big one where he drowned it

audiodramadirectory
Jun 9th, 2011, 08:36 PM
I don't know that we can deduce what happened so much as what didn't happen (I'm making a lot of assumptions).

1. Didn't kill someone else to get away - just would be way too out of character.
2. It's not something inconsequential like tripping - he might be embarrassed but from a storytelling perspective, to build it up for us so much just to mean nothing would be odd.
3. It's nothing game-changing - I just can't see it being something massively important to the story or their survival, why would Michael withhold vital information like that? It's not like he's been pressed for time or would forget.
4. He probably had help - I haven't listened to that episode for a while but I want to say he was knocked out by the blast, no way he got out alone
5. Randy could be related to this incident - Randy has got to be significant somehow, I subscribe to that theory, that Randy was at the waterworks and whether it was a war buddy or relative, his refusal to talk about it would be more about 'it's just personal stuff I need to work out, don't need to talk about it'. If Michael isn't talking about something, based on previous episodes, it's because it's too personal, is best left to emotionally deal with later, unimportant, needs to be secret (between a few people) or doesn't want to alarm people.

I'm dying to know what happened to him but I think it will be a lot more about back-story or personal revelation than some vital discovery about how the zombies operate or the key to winning or something.