PDA

View Full Version : We're Alive Experiences

SWAYxFTW
Mar 19th, 2012, 06:26 PM
I encountered something incredible on the bus and i just had to share it with the fellow survivors...

I was on a 12 hour bus ride and i was re listening to the first season of we're alive to pass the time. when i got to the war and there was a lot of gun shots and screaming and i didn't notice that people around me could here my the action as well as i could. Out of no where the lady sitting next to me tapped me on the shoulder and asked "Are you listening to 'We're alive'?" i was so shocked i could barely speak but i answered ya and we had about an hour long conversation about it. I think its awesome how many people know of "We're Alive" and enjoy it as much as i do. When i told my friend who actually introduced me to the show he gave me the idea to share this here and i thought it was a good idea. I would also like to see more people share these type of things with me and see if we can get a big discussion going so please if you have had an experience like this share it and lets get a huge thread going!

SWAYxFTW

cleeprevo
Mar 19th, 2012, 06:36 PM
That's great! I wish there were more people like that. The only interactions I get is people giving me weird stares because they hear gunshots coming from my headphones. Then some more weird stares after I tell them that I'm listening to an audio drama.

nikvoodoo
Mar 19th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Welcome swayxftw!

I like the thread, just not where it started. It seems like it will fit and thrive better here. Just a reminder to all newcomers and veterans of the forum: this section is a spoiler free zone. So if you plan to tell a story with loads of plot points, use the spoiler tags.

My personal favorite WA moment happened right around the end of chapter 5 or 6 when I had my wife listening to it in the car. When the end of the chapter hit, she actually said "I goddamn fucking hate you," as she was reaching for the box set to shove the next cd into the player. That's love!

PS: is your friend registered on the forum?

SWAYxFTW
Mar 19th, 2012, 06:49 PM
yes he is registered his name is cleeprevo
and yes, that is love

Kc
Mar 20th, 2012, 08:38 AM
I encountered something incredible on the bus and i just had to share it with the fellow survivors...

I was on a 12 hour bus ride and i was re listening to the first season of we're alive to pass the time. when i got to the war and there was a lot of gun shots and screaming and i didn't notice that people around me could here my the action as well as i could. Out of no where the lady sitting next to me tapped me on the shoulder and asked "Are you listening to 'We're alive'?" i was so shocked i could barely speak but i answered ya and we had about an hour long conversation about it. I think its awesome how many people know of "We're Alive" and enjoy it as much as i do. When i told my friend who actually introduced me to the show he gave me the idea to share this here and i thought it was a good idea. I would also like to see more people share these type of things with me and see if we can get a big discussion going so please if you have had an experience like this share it and lets get a huge thread going!

SWAYxFTW

I'm gonna share your story on facebook :)

SWAYxFTW
Mar 20th, 2012, 06:17 PM
:yay:

awkwardalex
Mar 20th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Lucky both of you I only get weird looks because of, "Burt and his damn hand cannon."

SWAYxFTW
Mar 20th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Lucky both of you I only get weird looks because of, "Burt and his damn hand cannon."

lol its actually the "hand cannon" that got her attention

awkwardalex
Mar 20th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Well it is a large amount of sound effects, I know its several effects layered ontop of one another, one i think being a well CANNON

SWAYxFTW
Mar 21st, 2012, 07:22 AM
yea its interesting the way they make the sounds :P

reaper239
Mar 21st, 2012, 12:59 PM
i love that, kc just pops in "i'm gonna share this on facebook" gone. so random.

symon_r
Mar 21st, 2012, 04:01 PM
It doesn't come near SWAYxFTW's sorry that started this thread but typically I listen to We're Alive on a packed commuter train on the way to work and there have been a couple of times when I've been very conconscious that a tear or two has been welling in my eyes. Whilst I am a massive sucker for a surviver story or someone beating the odd's I think its a credit to the writing and overall production that I can be so disconnected from my reality at a time like that - just a good job I don't drive to work!

SWAYxFTW
Mar 21st, 2012, 04:04 PM
It doesn't come near SWAYxFTW's sorry that started this thread but typically I listen to We're Alive on a packed commuter train on the way to work and there have been a couple of times when I've been very conconscious that a tear or two has been welling in my eyes. Whilst I am a massive sucker for a surviver story or someone beating the odd's I think its a credit to the writing and overall production that I can be so disconnected from my reality at a time like that - just a good job I don't drive to work!

lol

abayarts
Mar 21st, 2012, 05:41 PM
i love that, kc just pops in "i'm gonna share this on facebook" gone. so random.

like he was a ninja or something.

"ninja, vanish!"

SWAYxFTW
Mar 21st, 2012, 07:31 PM
like he was a ninja or something.

"ninja, vanish!"

"I like lamps"
vanishes into thin air = KC :)

awkwardalex
Mar 23rd, 2012, 11:30 AM
I would like to add something to my experince. Gonna try not to spoil chapter 19.

The Catalyst is one of my favorite chapters, I've listened to it alot.

Today I was listening while walking my dog and I am mildly embarrased to admit that I visibly flinched at "The Shovel". I have no idea why, I've heard it over and over but I flinched and got some looks from the apartment building we were passing.shovel:)

Kc
Mar 23rd, 2012, 12:00 PM
*I go poof.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 5th, 2012, 09:42 AM
I'm too rapped up into this story at times. I find myself feeling suspecious of anyone with a scratch or cut on their body. I often have to stop myself from asking, "Were you bitten?" The absolute craziest was when I was driving to work while listening to 'We're Alive' and a crippled man was limping across the street. My first instinct was to swirve and run him down. Luckily I came to my senses as I doubt that the KC Defense would hold up in court.

reaper239
Apr 5th, 2012, 11:06 AM
I'm too rapped up into this story at times. I find myself feeling suspecious of anyone with a scratch or cut on their body. I often have to stop myself from asking, "Were you bitten?" The absolute craziest was when I was driving to work while listening to 'We're Alive' and a crippled man was limping across the street. My first instinct was to swirve and run him down. Luckily I came to my senses as I doubt that the KC Defense would hold up in court.

never know unless you try. 10 points if they're a zombie, 25-life if they're not.

thinking about it now, let me go ahead and add that i'm joking, don't try it, it won't work.

GingerNacre
Apr 13th, 2012, 05:27 AM
I listen to it in my car and I get alot of weird looks when in traffic when I am laughing, yelling or cringing from something that is happening. What I like is when I am finally stationary and I am texting or tweeting with a few people I know that do listen to it. Others around me wanna know what Im smiling or laughing at while I am debating or freaking out with one of my friends via my smart phone. Its a good time.

Tales from Valhalla
Aug 13th, 2012, 06:06 AM
People here at work are very used to me laughing my ass of with something, but I had a very real experience today. Not at work nor during the bus ride.

I had an actual nightmare with We're Alive.

It's strange, because I never had anything like that while listening to chapters 1 to 31 and the scariest place I think this story has is that creepy hospital (c'mon, bloody, creepy, church-like hospital? Long corridors and lurking zombies of dead with a frankenstein lab? Yeah, that gave me the shivers). So I was surprised to find myself dreaming of The Arena, with Pimpstripe Zombie in the middle of a cheering and creepy zombie crowd. Some remaining humans tried to mingle to find out what is going on and those who had crappy disguises where found out and killed.

Pimpstripe shut every zombie up and pointed up. I was trying to run away from that damned place and Michael & CO. used the chopper in the rescue. And while we were flying off... Pimpstripe gave the signal and ZOMBIES CAME OUT OF THE ARENA! Flying! In choppers of their own!

My last thought was "the scariest thing is a smart zombie".

Then I woke up, scared as hell O_o

LiamKerrington
Aug 13th, 2012, 06:21 AM
Hi there.

Seems to me like your sub-conscious has confused and mixed elements of WA and the next "Resident Evil" movie ... ;)

But I agree: The WA-audio-drama is pretty powerful in getting you "emotionally involved" ...

All the best!
Liam

Tales from Valhalla
Aug 13th, 2012, 06:24 AM
Wait will there be a next RE movie? I only watched the first 2... or was it 1 and 3? Something like that. Will it be good? Maybe I should do a RE Marathon this weekend :D

LiamKerrington
Aug 13th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Hi there,

Resident Evil: Retribution is the new movie, which - actually - is part 5 of the movie series. Again "Milla Jovovich" kicks asses like crazy, and this time no one less but "Michelle Rodriguez" is going to kickass as well in this movie ... Up until now I only watched the trailer and teasers for this movie. But I tell you: This movie is a must!

Here you will learn more about "RE V: Retribution": http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1855325/

All the best
Liam

Tales from Valhalla
Aug 13th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Wait but Michelle died in the first movie.... no? Omg I REALLY need to watch this series...

Thanks for the tip!

LiamKerrington
Aug 13th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Wait but Michelle died in the first movie.... no? Omg I REALLY need to watch this series...

Thanks for the tip!

I don't care that her character died in the first movie; more important: SHE is BACK. And since she is not Arnold Schwarzenegger I am pretty happy that she is back ... ;)

I think this new part of Resident Evil will be just as pointless as any other part; but anyway: there will be plenty of cool stuff and action to look at ... And here in Germany the movie will be on silverscreen in the last third of September ... So a little more then one month to go. Yeehawww!

wh33t
Oct 9th, 2012, 06:25 PM

SWAYxFTW

I was introduced to it by a friend. That was when Season 2 was just beginning. Back then it was just him, myself and one other. Since then I have turned many people to the show, but no one has really stuck with it besides just us original 3. Unfortunately I can't seem to get anyone I know into it.

scbubba
Dec 1st, 2012, 06:12 PM

Was driving through town this afternoon listening to The War. Got so engrossed in it that I was white knuckling the steering wheel and had to keep slowing the car down cuz I would keep speeding up at the tense parts. At one light I got funny looks for yelling at the show. I just looked back, smiled, and waved.

Witch_Doctor
Dec 2nd, 2012, 12:41 AM
Was driving through town this afternoon listening to The War. Got so engrossed in it that I was white knuckling the steering wheel and had to keep slowing the car down cuz I would keep speeding up at the tense parts. At one light I got funny looks for yelling at the show. I just looked back, smiled, and waved.

Wouldn't it have been awkward to have been pulled over for speeding and just as the officer asks for license a registration.... Burt starts firing away with Shirley.:zombiegun:

As you try to explain the podcast ...... Burt blurts, "Stand down, maintenance man!!"

scbubba
Dec 2nd, 2012, 08:34 AM
Wouldn't it have been awkward to have been pulled over for speeding and just as the officer asks for license a registration.... Burt starts firing away with Shirley.:zombiegun:

As you try to explain the podcast ...... Burt blurts, "Stand down, maintenance man!!"

That would be EPIC! And hopefully not too painful for me...

GingerNacre
Dec 30th, 2012, 02:24 PM
People here at work are very used to me laughing my ass of with something, but I had a very real experience today. Not at work nor during the bus ride.

I had an actual nightmare with We're Alive.

It's strange, because I never had anything like that while listening to chapters 1 to 31 and the scariest place I think this story has is that creepy hospital (c'mon, bloody, creepy, church-like hospital? Long corridors and lurking zombies of dead with a frankenstein lab? Yeah, that gave me the shivers). So I was surprised to find myself dreaming of The Arena, with Pimpstripe Zombie in the middle of a cheering and creepy zombie crowd. Some remaining humans tried to mingle to find out what is going on and those who had crappy disguises where found out and killed.

Pimpstripe shut every zombie up and pointed up. I was trying to run away from that damned place and Michael & CO. used the chopper in the rescue. And while we were flying off... Pimpstripe gave the signal and ZOMBIES CAME OUT OF THE ARENA! Flying! In choppers of their own!

My last thought was "the scariest thing is a smart zombie".

Then I woke up, scared as hell O_o

This is brilliant. I've had the smart zombie nightmare, too. It screws you up!